FYI SWTOR is "Online Role-playing game" now.

Whiteprince

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just that, SWTOR is not MMO anymore but "Online Role-playing game" - James Ohlen

and why is that a bad thing ? MMO have a bad reputation when it come to story . If you ask anyone , they never expect any Good story..peoples are there to grind and play with friends .

Yeah, I caught that too. Very frustrating.

Yeah because a bunch of sexually frustrated people ERPing is what the future of the game is, and that is suppose to be better? That is what is frustrating to me.

That is what I have seen since starting toons on EH so please dont say that is not true (not the poster I was quoting btw, just directed at the people that will reply to this comment).

so tired of self centered people that seem to take pleasure on destroying a game style, because they get kicked from guilds because all they want to do is "role play" and sexually harass other members. Then say that it is the people that want group content that are the problem.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

That's kind of reaching. He was speaking to people who aren't familiar, people who may have never picked up an MMO before. To call it a "Massively multiplayer online role-playing game" would probably just confuse people. "Online" and "RPG" gets the message across these days, as far as I can tell. The word online conveys that it can be played with other people and it is an RPG. That's all you really need to convey in layman's terms.

Just that, SWTOR is not MMO anymore but "Online Role-playing game" - James Ohlen

Dead servers and low pop doesn't really warrant the word "massive" anymore. His wording is realistic.

actually i heard him say it too. Some time after that added "btw you can play with million of people"

Hah, he wishes. This game doesn't have millions, 15k tops. And that's being generous...

Edited by DenariusJay

and why is that a bad thing ? MMO have a bad reputation when it come to story . If you ask anyone , they never expect any Good story..peoples are there to grind and play with friends .

It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there are still people here on the forums that joined SWTOR because it was an MMO, with group content.

If that has definitely changed, if there are going to be no more Operations or role-required Flashpoints, then I think BioWare needs to come out and say that once and for all. Make it absolutely clear so people can make an informed decision about whether to keep playing or not.

Yeah because a bunch of sexually frustrated people ERPing is what the future of the game is, and that is suppose to be better? That is what I have seen since starting toons on EH so please dont say that isnt the case.

You do realize that EH was an RP server, right (before they discontinued the different server types)? People don't do that on every server. They certainly don't do that on Jedi Covenant, so feel free to start toons there if you don't want to get caught up in ERP.

What is frustrating to me is that when the game first launched, it was definitely an MMO as the focus was playing with your friends. You can tell this is the case because in the old content (minus the class quests) if you group up with other people, the NPCs acknowledge the entire group. I even remember this one time, where I was on a Jedi Knight, questing with a Smuggler friend. We talked to one NPC to start a quest. The NPC spoke to my Jedi, but didn't say anything to the Smuggler. Then my Smuggler friend won the roll and said, "I gotta stop hanging out with Jedi. It's worse than being invisible." We got a good laugh out of that. Unfortunately, you can't get experiences like that anymore out of the new story, as it's all focused on one character.

We started out with 8 different class stories.

When Makeb came out, it got cut down to 2 stories, one per faction.

Oricon and Forged Alliance/SoR were more like 1.5 stories, as the main story was the same, but there were slight differences between the factions.

And now, with KOTFE, it doesn't even matter what faction you come from. There is only 1 story, and only 1 Outlander.

While SWTOR did start out as a strong MMO with story, the game truly is not an MMO anymore. It is a single player online role playing game with multiplayer options.

Yeah because a bunch of sexually frustrated people ERPing is what the future of the game is, and that is suppose to be better? That is what is frustrating to me.

That is what I have seen since starting toons on EH so please dont say that is not true (not the poster I was quoting btw, just directed at the people that will reply to this comment)..

You do know that not every roleplayer believes that true roleplay has anything to do with ERP right? I know the group I have roleplay with for years we don't.

ERP should be kept between two people not the whole community.

You do know that not every roleplayer believes that true roleplay has anything to do with ERP right? I know the group I have roleplay with for years we don't.

ERP should be kept between two people not the whole community.

@happysister;

Yeah I know, JC is my main server, but after getting 16 fully gear toons, and 4 SHs etc etc, thought it would be cool to try a new server. But I am already playing mostly on JC again, couldnt handle the BS on a RP server from people that have nomidea how to play a class, to no OPs etc.

@Casirabit

Supposedly yes, but it seems the bulk of RP I see people trying to instigate is ERP, so I guess it is a little of guilt by association. I mean story people seem to like to do that to people that like groip content, I mean after all we are a bunch of elitest jerks remember?

While SWTOR did start out as a strong MMO with story, the game truly is not an MMO anymore. It is a single player online role playing game with multiplayer options.

It's always been a single player with multiplayer options. Those multiplayer options were heroics, flashpoints, PvP and operations. The only multiplayer options that have changed, for the most part are heroics and the option to do some flashpoints in [solo] mode.

Now people are acting like they "stole my sandbox" when it was never a sandbox to begin with. :rolleyes:

It's always been a single player with multiplayer options. Those multiplayer options were heroics, flashpoints, PvP and operations. The only multiplayer options that have changed, for the most part are heroics and the option to do some flashpoints in [solo] mode.

Now people are acting like they "stole my sandbox" when it was never a sandbox to begin with. :rolleyes:

Look back at the old E3 demonstrations, dev videos, etc. from 2010-2011. A lot of them focused on multiplayer content because back then, the game was an MMO. Therefore, multiplayer content was one of the driving points.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet.

If they at least had someone as capable as Shakespeare as a writer i wouldn't worry much about it but honestly i'm not impressed with kotfe story.

Then they need to get rid of the subscription completely and have yearly updates like every other major game franchise. Which also includes game engine updates among many other innovations, and start selling the game "expansions" as seperate games.

Otherwise it's still an MMO, and they need to be realistic and produce all the different types of content that entails. Not just story.

It is an RPG, has been since update to "easy-mode".

- No customer service for glitches, spam, hacking, etc

- No events or new content but storyline, or "dark vs light" which is just do the storyline 8 times all over again

- Very easy content, able to solo everything now for the most part, including heroics

- Outdated customization to characters and gear

- Very poor quality and limited new gear (looks like 12 year old made stuff with paintshop)