I've reaached 60 for the 1st time. Should I keep going?

MSchuyler

The issue is XP. I'm not getting any on this character because he's topped out, but I just got to Yavin and have just started the story. Should I wait until the Expansion when XP will kick in again, or should I go on and finish the story regardless? I know it's just a choice I have to make for myself, but if people can ask what class they should be, I figure it's OK to ask your opinion on this one. TIA for any replies.

Given how easy it was to level SOR, I'm guessing leveling to 65 is not going to be a problem in KOTFE.

Reasons to complete Yavin:

The story.

You still accrue Legacy XP.

You get another comp 192 mainhand.

You get access to a weekly that gives another comp 192 mainhand, and another that gives a full set of comp 192 gear (other than main/offhands).

At Ziost, you get 190's for your toon.

KOTFE is still 3 months away.

I think finish it now so you can do KoTFE at the level it was designed for.

I mean it's up to you and you might enjoy doing content over leveled but if you prefer a bit of a challenge or doing the content somewhat as intended then better off doing SOR now as to avoid over leveling when KoTFE comes out.

On your first 60, I would definitely keep going. The stories for Yavin and Ziost are pretty good (IMHO), and the rewards are definitely worth it. You will be glad to have at least one character capable of gather 192 legacy companion gear if you ever decide to level alts (which almost everybody does).

Once you have more than one 60, you might want to leave at least one of them wherever they happen to land when they finish leveling, and you'll probably be sick of Yavin by then anyway. You can use this one to gauge which leveling path is more efficient when the expansion drops.

I currently have four 60s. Two have finished Yavin and two haven't even started it (they both his 60 on the last leg of Rishi). I'm going to level one of my "finished" 60s through KotFE content first, then I'm going to finish Rishi, do all of Yavin, and then do KotFE content on one of the "unfinished" ones and see how long it takes to level that way. Whichever method feels faster and/or less tedious will be employed for subsequent alts.

I know from my recent characters, its not as simple as that for me either I have 2 level 60 republic characters not completed Rishi yet, a further 1 who has not yet completed Ziost, 1 empire character not completed Ziost 1 level 57 who has not even started FA and several other alts/different advanced classes that need levelling.

So I am also stuck in the "do I finish SOR or level alts during 12x xp" group, but I am only a casual player so I only tend to play at weekends but I think I will force myself to play during the week at least once but do this:

During the week - complete SOR/Ziost with level 60's ONLY

Weekends - Alt levelling ONLY (I still have a zillion and one alts to level while 12x xp is active as I want 1 male of each advanced class plus 8 female characters, probably one of each advanced class type so female sorc and female shadow).

However, if you are anything like me I have to play what I want and when I want to play it otherwise I will just get bored, I am hoping though I can stick to the above.

The issue is XP. I'm not getting any on this character because he's topped out, but I just got to Yavin and have just started the story. Should I wait until the Expansion when XP will kick in again, or should I go on and finish the story regardless? I know it's just a choice I have to make for myself, but if people can ask what class they should be, I figure it's OK to ask your opinion on this one. TIA for any replies.

I suggest that you complete the Yavin story for the option to get 192 companion gear.

The story beyond that is up to you but since we will get new areas to get experience in while playing the new expansion I also suggest that you complete Ziost to understand the current story.

When the expansion starts do you really want to have old content to do when players are jumping in into new fun stuff? :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar