There's going to be a lot left to explain (Spoilers)

NovaSpartanX

Judging from the length of every chapter thus far, it's clear that there's no conceivable way that all, or even most of the story arcs that are out there are going to be resolved. For example, there's a near zero chance of us being able to kill Arcann, or Vaylin, and resolve the Scorpio situation all at once in the next chapter. In fact, I don't expect us to be able to do any of those 3 yet.

There is still a lot left to be explained and to happen:

-Vaylin's trust in Arcann? Potential Vaylin betraying Arcann.

-Where did Valkorian go and what are his plans?

-How to solve the Scorpio situation?

- How to defeat Arcann?

-The Scions, Heskal's words "The Scions will return to you when it is their time to die."

-Chancellor Saresh causing issues for the Republic.

-The origins of the Eternal Fleet and the Gravestone?

-Claiming the Eternal Throne

-The War between the Empire and Republic

-"A pity, so many of them will have to die."

-So much foreshadowing of "needing to change" in order to do what needs to be done.

Just a few of the things that are going to need to be addressed in the story at some point, but will most likely not be until "Season 2" or even after that considering how slow this season is going. I'm curious to find out how long it will be for them to explain a lot of these/ have these things happen.

Anyone else have any to add to this list?

Well on "How to defeat Arcann" question - I hope this isn't the case - but - part of me is nagging away saying we pretty much got the answer to that question with the wasteful chapter to go and get a special lightsabre that does extra damage to Arcann and Vaylin (at a low Item rating too which was a joke).

I admit - I am biased here - I hated that chapter with a vengeance - pointless and made no sense that the attack went off without you, the main toon, who everyone including the eternal empire and its wife knows - you're the big gun so really?

Sadly as this season has gone on - for me - there are too many plot holes developing which is a shame cos i loved the first 10 chapters - but they lost their way in recent chapters in my opinion.

To add to your list: You mention how do we deal with the Scorpio situation...well - how about a more fundamental question...*** is up with the Scorpio situation? And this is an honest to god story question here cos I feel like I'm missing a gigantic piece of the puzzle.

Scorpio doing what she did - interesting twist, and I like twists - but based on the story of the earlier chapters - you find scorpio in a dump on Zakuul effectively. There wasn't a huge amount of Scorpio character development throughout...so how has she gone from a moody trashed droid leading an insignificant resistance/black market cell - to an intergalactic warlord? Someone help me out with that? Because I feel like I can drive a bus through this plot line at the moment. Any help understanding that would be appreciated ladies and gents.

Well on "How to defeat Arcann" question - I hope this isn't the case - but - part of me is nagging away saying we pretty much got the answer to that question with the wasteful chapter to go and get a special lightsabre that does extra damage to Arcann and Vaylin (at a low Item rating too which was a joke).

I admit - I am biased here - I hated that chapter with a vengeance - pointless and made no sense that the attack went off without you, the main toon, who everyone including the eternal empire and its wife knows - you're the big gun so really?

Sadly as this season has gone on - for me - there are too many plot holes developing which is a shame cos i loved the first 10 chapters - but they lost their way in recent chapters in my opinion.

To add to your list: You mention how do we deal with the Scorpio situation...well - how about a more fundamental question...*** is up with the Scorpio situation? And this is an honest to god story question here cos I feel like I'm missing a gigantic piece of the puzzle.

Scorpio doing what she did - interesting twist, and I like twists - but based on the story of the earlier chapters - you find scorpio in a dump on Zakuul effectively. There wasn't a huge amount of Scorpio character development throughout...so how has she gone from a moody trashed droid leading an insignificant resistance/black market cell - to an intergalactic warlord? Someone help me out with that? Because I feel like I can drive a bus through this plot line at the moment. Any help understanding that would be appreciated ladies and gents.

I more or less meant "When do we deal with Arcann".

As for Scorpio, her reasons for becoming the ruler of the Eternal Throne are simply because she's an AI with the sole purpose of constantly evolving and becoming more powerful. The mission in the last chapter gave her the opportunity to change into the one that controls the Gemini system which controls the eternal fleet which I would say is definitely a step to something more powerful than she was. Granted though, it's a dumb idea how the Eternal Fleet runs on ONE system making it easy to take over but eh.

Well Scorpio wasn't on Zakuul for no reason, obviously. It was probably her goal all along, and the Outlander was just an opportunity.

And the entire fleet vulnerable to her hack, That would make sense, if they are related, and if the fleet is supposed, to be under an AI master, and not an organic one.

Edited by Audoucet

The zakuul knights guarding the throne were a bit squishy I thought.

Defeated by a couple of turrets and bunch of droids with blasters. They are supposed to be nearly impossible for jedi to defeat I remember being told in a previous chapter.

Next month's chapter is not the end...it is only the end of season 1 :p. There will be a season 2. Season 1 will likely end where some of those story threads get resolved but will likely end in a cliffhanger. Edited by psandak

The zakuul knights guarding the throne were a bit squishy I thought.

Defeated by a couple of turrets and bunch of droids with blasters. They are supposed to be nearly impossible for jedi to defeat I remember being told in a previous chapter.

Knights would be hard for Jedi to beat due to their mindset (very neutral) and weaponry (shield and pike). In abilities they're nothing special, at least the rank & file ones.

I am disappointed in how butt monkey they are in general but getting mowed down is how most of the Jedi Order died in Order 66 and Knights don't have sabers to block shots. They have a shield, but that's not that much use against AI executioners.

I myself am wondering, what will happen to those companions that were never shown on KOTFE? There are so many of them and they are just gonna disappear forever?

I would assume that they will return in Season 2, which thus promises to be full of Republican contacts.

You know I've been disappointed for awhile lately as well. It almost seems like they are doing this all on the fly and didn't have it completely planned out beforehand.

I'm guesssing that during the next chapter we will either kill arcann or let him go. Whether we kill him or let him live. He will return to Vaylin and she will finish him off.
This sounds the most likely considering that the same thing almost always happens regardless of our choices.

I agree that there are massive number of holes in the story, some of them seem to vast and gaping that any retro explanation will fix them.

I get the feeling that none of the writers started out as writers, rather they got into the computer game industry and then became writers. Either through choice, because they stumbled on a good idea and someone said you should be in the writing team or as a stepping stone away from something else.

The first thing that the writing team seem to have difficulty is with the pacing of the story in Kofte. Its a monthly installment in which we get a 30 to 50 minute story every 30 days. First issue is that you have a very limited time to tell the story and where Chekhov's gun is important to adhere to, you want to spend 2 minutes having a shuttle slowly land on a planet with nothing interesting happening other than a landing gear deploying your wasting time that could have been given to a love interest or some such, its nice to set the scene but it shouldn't be in place of the story.

The next thing is that people have to wait a month between chapters, its fair to say thing from the previous chapter may be forgotten but more importantly every chapter must move the story on in a significant way. You can't have 4 chapters devoted to getting a signal and a droid tied to that signal. Sure its nice to write Rogue 1 and tell getting the death star plans and sure its 2 hours of content. But no one would watch it 30 minutes a month or try to drag it out over five months of viewing.

Only the main character can have a journey of discovery, while not completely true if I met someone in chapter 1 and they act in a certain way then should I met them in Chapter 4 they shouldn't act in a completely different way in chapter 4 as they have a journey of discovery unknown to the reader. It just leads everyone to be utterly confused, if someone is going to have a journey of discovery the reader has to know its happening. Of course if they are a spy or pretending to be something they are not this needs to be conveyed or you just end up with a story about schizophrenics.

And in a computer game, things have to change. You can't have a journey from a to a. If you want a static story line where everything remains the same then you might as well not bother playing the game. And this goes for previous chapters as well, in SWTOR if the same Jedi Knight who first arrived on Tython is unfrozen by Lana then it invalidates everything he has previously gone through. Otherwise your writing a Cartoon in which its stand alone episodes and not an epic story.

And so I'm not completely sure that the writing team know what happened in the previous chapters, I can't think of many indications that any of the specifics of what the players done previously is ever mentioned. While too many of the chapters are fillers and failures that don't move the story on. While much of what happens is completely outside the players control making it feel more like Dragon Age 2.

Must admit I too think there are gaps in story as few times after I complete a chapter I feel like something was missing. And many times I feel like my character isn't doing much in the alliance. Makes me feel that I do something and get locked in my room and only come out for anything that is important that involves me.

Must admit I too think there are gaps in story as few times after I complete a chapter I feel like something was missing. And many times I feel like my character isn't doing much in the alliance. Makes me feel that I do something and get locked in my room and only come out for anything that is important that involves me.

yup pretty much

but you also got to remember, you are the figure head of the whole alliance

if you die, that pretty much seals the fate of the alliance

even though it's people like Lana and Theron that actually make it work lol

Ever since chapter 12, I always figured Valkorian won't be back until season 2. Perhaps he'll show up in the final scene with a small conversation but I don't expect anymore out of him.

SCORPIO as well, be dealt with in season 2. I expect season 2 to deal with a lot of the origins of the eternal fleet, the origins of the gravestone, etc.

Also in season 2, this is where the Republic and Empire come back in to play. I don't see BioWare actually going out and handling this the correct way(Republic players help Republic, Imperials help out Empire) so I figure it'll be a conversation or two and we'll go back to forgetting they actually exist. They never really got choices actually branching out to separate quests in single player games, I doubt they'll get it here either.

As for the season finale, I expect Arcann and Vaylin to be dealt with, either death, joining the Alliance, or just straight up disappearing(the light side way to handle things, don't do anything, someone else will clean it up).

Also that line that Marr said, about people dying, I'm 90% sure it's meant to just be random people with no name that nobody cares about, that's kind of how BioWare does things, they'll kill of a million people but none of them matter so the number doesn't matter. Though I would love for this chapter to be similar to Mass Effect 2 suicide mission where we get to pick and choose who we want to live and who we want to die. There are a lot of companions, we need to clean them out.

I feel like it's mostly with chapters 10-14, not counting visions in the dark. The stuff where we get an old companion back just felt like "filler" episodes, like in a cartoon where when something happens it's kind of irrelevant to everything and is like it didn't happen in the following episode.

Granted though, it's a dumb idea how the Eternal Fleet runs on ONE system making it easy to take over but eh.

*Blink blink*

It's Star Wars. Even including the EU, when is the last time we had an unbeatable weapon of mass destruction that DIDN'T have a single point of failure?

*Blink blink*

It's Star Wars. Even including the EU, when is the last time we had an unbeatable weapon of mass destruction that DIDN'T have a single point of failure?

You have a good point, but the single point of failure is usually blowing it up, not it being completely taken over by opposing sides. I dunno, I could be wrong though.

Judging from the length of every chapter thus far, it's clear that there's no conceivable way that all, or even most of the story arcs that are out there are going to be resolved. For example, there's a near zero chance of us being able to kill Arcann, or Vaylin, and resolve the Scorpio situation all at once in the next chapter. In fact, I don't expect us to be able to do any of those 3 yet.

There is still a lot left to be explained and to happen:

-Vaylin's trust in Arcann? Potential Vaylin betraying Arcann.

-Where did Valkorian go and what are his plans?

-How to solve the Scorpio situation?

- How to defeat Arcann?

-The Scions, Heskal's words "The Scions will return to you when it is their time to die."

-Chancellor Saresh causing issues for the Republic.

-The origins of the Eternal Fleet and the Gravestone?

-Claiming the Eternal Throne

-The War between the Empire and Republic

-"A pity, so many of them will have to die."

-So much foreshadowing of "needing to change" in order to do what needs to be done.

Just a few of the things that are going to need to be addressed in the story at some point, but will most likely not be until "Season 2" or even after that considering how slow this season is going. I'm curious to find out how long it will be for them to explain a lot of these/ have these things happen.

Anyone else have any to add to this list?

Don't you get it yet? KOTFE or this incarnation of story telling is going to make no sense and have massive plot holes. You don't get choices. Everyone knows Scorpio is up to no good. Yet somehow she's god mode.

Lets deal with the fact that the Knights and Eternal Fleet literally wiped the Empire and Republic out along with the corresponding orders of Jedi and Sith. Whoever wrote that trash then proceeded to write that some droids defeated the Knights of Zukaal and took control of the spire and fleet is probably the worst writer in the history of man kind. I've been a constant critic of this story and it continues to be some of the worst writing in history for Star Wars. They are literally putting out just random trash. Oh yeah sure. We can have the jedi order defeated and slaughtered by the Knights. Oh some droids with guns? They can beat the knights in 2 minutes though. What part of that story makes any sense to anyone of you star wars fans?

The saving grace of this game has been the LvsD Event. I get to replay the original stories that someone spent more than 2 minutes writing. Enjoying the agent story from the female characters prospective. Its literally a contrast that makes me cringe when I see the next KoTFE chapter announced. I'm sorry but this has to be the worst story ever told. More power if you are capable of enjoying it as a video game story, but star wars means a lot more to me than that and deserves a lot better writing and care. These people are not doing the content justice and have really written themselves an asinine and unbelievable star wars story. Its not credible and isn't a good representation of what bioware did with the storytelling feature that made the game so good as a story mode.

"I don't like this/They didn't explicitly explain everything" =/= plot hole.

Sometimes half the fun of it is interpreting events yourself instead of having the answers to literally everything spoon-fed to you.

The easy defeat of the Knights was weird. Especially if Vaylin followed Arcann's order to effectively kill off half of the Knights by forcing them to duel each other.

Edited by BradTheImpaler