Im in need of some tips

MysteryKk

Im kind of an new player, completed couple class stories etc. but recently I started researching this games other parts too.

The thing I need help with is these Crew Skills, what skills should I get? How should I use them with most profitable way? Which is the best way to get parts for crafting skills?

There's questions like these that I would like to get some help, so I would be very thankful if you guys could give to the noob some tips about Crew Skills? :D

Edited by MysteryKk

Im kind of an new player, completed couple class stories etc. but recently I started researching this games other parts too.

The thing I need help with is these Crew Skills, what skills should I get? How should I use them with most profitable way? Which is the best way to get parts for crafting skills?

There's questions like these that I would like to get some help, so I would be very thankful if you guys could give to the noob some tips about Crew Skills? :D

In my signature there are several crew skills guides.

"best crew skills" details exactly that: what crew skills are the "best" depending on your preferences

"crew skill money making" goes into long tested techniques to make credits in this game through crew skills

"high end schematics" goes into how to acquire the best available crafted gear.

the short answer is that for a new player I recommend two of the three gathering skills (archaeology, bioanalysis, scavenging) and slicing. This is because crafting is a significant investment in time and credits that new players struggle with (even *I* struggled with it as a new player 4.5 years ago; and the new crafting system is not much better)

crafting is kind of funny, in that it is not useful for gearing up your characters. because almost every piece requires a different crafting skill, you would need them all to fully equip a character. crafting can be useful for filling in specific gaps in your gear if you know the correct skill, and have the mats, but overalll, not so much.

where crafting shines is as a credit maker. if you put the time into it to learn the skills and the schematics and get the mats, you can make literally millions of credits per day. getting to that point is a tremendous amount of effort, though, and, honestly, if you are just after credits, you are probably better off doing tat heroics. on the other hand, if you just want to get into crafting, start with the guides psandak linked in his sig. i hadn't read them before, but everything i could think of, that you need to know, seemed to be in there.

good luck!

Edited by sumquy

not anymore, they cut the heroics rewards in half. (stealth "fix") There's a 19 page and growing thread in general chat about it.

not anymore, not anymore, they just announced on the live stream they are going to put it back with the next patch.

Edited by sumquy

Well the bonuses are still paying out if you click the other x things or kill so many mobs in heroics.

- An the subject of heroics you can also use them to travel to places to collect materials (mats) once you know where to go for what you want.

For looking stylish, choose Armourmech or Synthweaving, for implants and meds and stims take bio.

But best of all, start several characters and level them up with different skills if you can afford it. - That way you'll have the basis for a crafting empire.