What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

• Dev Post

Hello Ranked Veterans! With the start of Season 2 rapidly approaching (currently scheduled for 2.7.1) we are going to have all new Season rewards for participants, champions and all-stars! We hope you enjoy them immensely but in future seasons we want to make sure we are getting y'all rewards that are desirable and the best way to do this is for you to tell us!

We have a bunch of ideas for upcoming rewards but we want to hear what our PvP Community values for rewards that are difficult to obtain and show off your elite(st) status! :jawa_tongue:

What do you want the top reward to be?

What do you want the middle rewards to be?

What do you want the lowest reward to be?

The more information the better! For example, posting “a TaunTaun with a spiked collar” is much more helpful than “a unique mount”. Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

Without further adieu, what would you like to see for Season Rewards?

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way the rewards worked for season 1, especially the unique mount for top tier. I would however prefer the weapons/armour sets have a more unique look instead of a slightly modified version of the regular PvP gear. Also, as mentioned in your new blog, the top 3 ranked players in each advanced class do deserve a special reward. Edited by J_McSkill

I don't have a bunch of ideas of what they should be but I can tell you what they shouldn't be:

• a re-color of any existing gear/mount
  • Ugly. Seems obvious but look at the season one armor
  • Useless. Titles in my opinion are useless, they just clutter up the ui.
  • the rewards shouldn't be re-colored and added to the CM or PvE. Top level PvE content has unique rewards so should pvp

I like the way the rewards worked for season 1, especially the unique mount for top tier. I would however prefer the weapons/armour sets have a more unique look instead of a slightly modified version of the regular PvP gear. Also, as mentioned in your new blog, the top 3 ranked players in each advanced class do deserve a special reward.

This.

I love that you were trying, I think it's great you gave us rewards. However, the Armor, Smuggler's primarily.... sucks.

The flashing purple isn't noticable, if it was more, or the entire outfit was different, I'd be way happier...

Maybe let us chose which class' armor we get next time, like I said multiple times in the suggestion thread.

Also yeh, a Mount has to be given for the top, Armor for 2nd and Pet for 3rd IMO, I'd love to see a Thranta mount, Like a flying mount that sort of hovers instead of literally flying.

I don't have any specific suggestions but I will say that i liked the system in Season 1. Give or take the titles I thought it was good that instead of making different rewards per tier you added to the higher tiers . I think this is crucial because people in the lower tiers might otherwise be discouraged to use their rewards, on behalf of them screaming "this is a low tier reward". With shared rewards there's no way of telling if you got it for tier 3 or tier 1.

Also, may I suggest a silver body/blue beam Corruptor Blade for a potential weapon set. I would totally play for that.

Edited by MidichIorian

Hello Ranked Veterans! With the start of Season 2 rapidly approaching (currently scheduled for 2.7.1) we are going to have all new Season rewards for participants, champions and all-stars! We hope you enjoy them immensely but in future seasons we want to make sure we are getting y'all rewards that are desirable and the best way to do this is for you to tell us!

We have a bunch of ideas for upcoming rewards but we want to hear what our PvP Community values for rewards that are difficult to obtain and show off your elite(st) status! :jawa_tongue:

The more information the better! For example, posting “a TaunTaun with a spiked collar” is much more helpful than “a unique mount”. Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

Without further adieu, what would you like to see for Season Rewards?

So off the top of my head, cosmetic items that you can flaunt come in weapons, armor, titles, dyes, mounts, pets, regen items, and random toys like the Party Jawa.

There is definitely some room for cool weapons, depending on the class. Lightsabers that crack somewhat (think a mix between the fight between Malgus and Shan in Hope, where Malgus stabs at Shan's hands, and the lightsaber that pulses), blaster rifles that are sleek, black, small-medium sized, and don't have a light on them for operatives, maybe a cool big yellow and black version for vanguards. Sniper rifle in the same theme as the blaster, pistols too.

The Cartel Market is already pumping out lots of gear and has really made it easy for each character to have a unique and "cool" look. In general. I think it's unnecessary to bring in any PvP armors in this method, unless they could particularly stand out, much more than some blinking lights. How so, I'm not sure. I don't have a good visual imagination.

With all this in mind, I'm thinking:

-Lowest tier: Reusable Secondary Black Dye, S-2 Crusher title, weapon relating to class as suggested above ^

-Middle tier: Reusable Secondary Black Dye, Reusable Primary Black Dye, S-2 Slayer title, weapon ^, a regen item. I leave it to someone else to come up with an awesome one. Because I can't.

-Highest tier: All previous dyes, plus Reusable Black-Black Dye, S-2 Obliterator title, weapon ^, same regen item, and a pet that's as big as a rancor is to a regular mount. Baby/infant Acklay.

All dyes would be Bound, and not tradable (as in if you try to mail a Legacy gear piece with a Reusable Dye in it to your alt, it wouldn't let you).

Black color crystal - make it an account unlock in collections. Gained through pvp only. Give it +45 expertise - so the wearer has a max expertise of 2022.

As far as the difficulty: I think 1500 was a fine target for most rewards. It's actually pretty hard to get that rating without win-trading or blind luck. The number sounds small and underwhelming, though..

Start a museum where those with the highest rankings for a given season get a statue/holo-statue (visible to anyone that wants to walk to the archives and visit memory lane).

Maybe set up dueling areas on the fleets and name them after the latest champions.

Emotes with waving flags and confetti.

Armor shells as good as some cartel sets with augment slots already available (add to collections).

Distinctive weapons.

Edited by Savej

For starters, there should be different rewards for Solo and Group rating. People need more incentive to queue for Grouped, and a set of unique rewards for that would go a long way to increase participation.

Lowest Tier should be a title

Middle tier should be something cosmetic, like a unique color crystal or armor dye.

Top Tier should be a unique vehicle or weapon skin. I would love to see an AT-RT esque vehicle.

Mount is fine but there should also be a completely unique pvp set shell for the top, special weapon shell, maybe even animated or color changing. All you Jedi and Sith with a color changing light saber crystal. :p Pistols, rifles, cannons with color changing laser targetting. Maybe even some unique emotes. Pvpers love their freaking emotes let me tell you. :p Increased com cap. Pvp non-combat pets. Unique pvp companion. Ability to have an arena in your player-custom house.

Pvp weapon shell. Emotes. Increased com cap. Unique pvp companion.

Extra coms. Unique pvp companion.

:)

The companion could maybe give you your dailies automatically and talk about past pvp battles and stuff. :) One season would be an arena droid, then an arena-wampa, then others, but if it was a trandosian or wookie they need to be very different from the current ones or at least completely different, very very arena-looking customizations. Dirty, burnt, defiant, tough mo-fo's. Maybe even make a way to duel with them. Like Proxy from Force Unleashed...

Edited by siegeshot

I don't do rateds, but as a general principle I think the rewards should be visible during instanced and world pvp. That might mean moving away from pets, which typically aren't visible in instanced pvp. All tiers should receive the lower tier options as well, so that players who just want a lower tier reward are encouraged to continue pvp'ing.

Top Tier: Unique Mount

Middle Tier: /owned emote (only usable on corpses. Rifle-butt a corpse, spin a lightsaber downwards to thrust into the body, etc....a way to gloat over a kill at the expense of a few seconds of animation, with a new emote added each season. Add some creative emote text to boot). Temporarily unique dye or armor combination that will be released to the public 4-8 seasons later.

Lower Tier: Unique legacy and character-only title.

Lowest Tier: A neat reward that incentivizes participating in a season.

My suggestion is a customization for your ship droid (so every class could use it) that changes them visually into Baron Deathmark. The item description would say "a Holographic shroud" or something to explain why it still had the ship droid abilities and voice (although if a customization can alter voices - that'd be even more awesome!)

Middle Tier: A token that you can redeem for a set of Legacy-bound classic PvP armor (meaning the look of the old Battlemaster gear from 1.X) and a unique pet: A mini-wampa with bloodied claws.

High Tier: A unique mount: A mechanized walker with mesh-bags full of bones hanging from its sides and blood splatters covering it. A version without the bones and blood could be made available in the Cartel Market in the following major patch. And a unique emote (/pvpseason2) that causes your character to display a fancy holographic emblem over their head that's pvp-related while taking a bow.

"In addition to these rewards we feel that we should do something for the best of the best in both Ranked modes! Starting at the end of Season 2, the top three characters of each Advanced Class in Group and Solo will be given a unique reward. That means that the top 96 players in the world will get something to show off their elite status!"

This concerns me. Nearly all the top players are on Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Prophecy of the Five. If you play on another server you won't even have the chance to play against players with ratings that high and thus have no chance of advancing to these rewards. It should be the top character of each advanced class per server.

THIS. I love these ideas. If I may expound... :) My ideas (built upon yours) in green below:

Start a museum where those with the highest rankings for a given season get a statue/holo-statue (visible to anyone that wants to walk to the archives and visit memory lane).

Right by the PvP terminal on the fleet, on the railing, or perhaps floating in the midspace behind the terminal (where people sometimes suicide) there should be a holo projection (permanent) of the individual character who had the top rating in each season. Not the top of each class, not the top five, just the top ONE. After about 10 seasons there will be 10 holostatues with names, and it will liven up the fleet, and add bragging rights.

Maybe set up dueling areas on the fleets and name them after the latest champions.

This is a nice idea. Make 4 dueling areas, one for each of the base classes, and name it after the guy with the top rating. Have this name revolve each season, so a new guy gets recognition.

Emotes with waving flags and confetti.

I like this idea - a flag that indicates what advanced class you were when you reached the rating, not transferable...and only usable in your legacy (through collections maybe)

Armor shells as good as some cartel sets with augment slots already available (add to collections).

You sir are FULL of good ideas. This would be GREAT for a tier one reward. Aug'ing is expensive, and a hardcore PvP'er who just does ranked won't be as rich as a PvE'er, so won't have as much money.

Distinctive weapons.

Yes, something that seriously stands out, maybe a unique sound or effect...

Alex, I don't personally care what the rewards are as long as it incentives more people to play. But I do have a question about the top 3 of each class reward, don't you see how that will encourage people to play ranked pvp where/when it is not competitive? People who are on PvP servers playing the best PvP teams every night at primetime will not receive these rewards, while teams playing on lesser populated servers with more of a skill gap will gain rating quicker and rise to the top of the charts.

This also doesn't address hybrid healers Qing as DPS in solo ranked.

I think this is a major flub for Season 2 and needs to be at least talked about. Otherwise you are actually hurting the small ranked community that currently exists yet again.

Alex, I don't personally care what the rewards are as long as it incentives more people to play. But I do have a question about the top 3 of each class reward, don't you see how that will encourage people to play ranked pvp where/when it is not competitive? People who are on PvP servers playing the best PvP teams every night at primetime will not receive these rewards, while teams playing on lesser populated servers with more of a skill gap will gain rating quicker and rise to the top of the charts.

I think this is a major flub for Season 2 and needs to be at least talked about. Otherwise you are actually hurting the small ranked community that currently exists yet again.

I know what you're talking about. If you reward people based on their specs, it's going to heavily favor hybrid play. The game needs to measure out the spec and how often you play as the spec and measure that and say you were a hybrid x/y and so you don't qualify, or something like that. Make it so you have to be completely down a tree to qualify, and you have to stay down that tree for the majority.

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree but hybrids absolutely dominate pvp, at least on my server. Which is fine but it isn't fair to assign them to either tree as a special achievement. Maybe have hybrid-specific so each sub-spec gets 1 hybrid achievement slot or something.

I think it's really exciting, but I am worried about encouraging people to play where it's easiest. That's what this is doing.

I don't know if it is possible or not, but I think a new species unlock available to the top ranked would be cool. For example, people could make a playable character that is the species of Baron Deathmark.

Hah that would be awesome. Some kind of combat, warrior, or arena-centric race. :)

Or you could at the very least have new customization options at the player customizer... stitches or tick marks or tear drops, or tatooed bullets, or the other faction's tiny emblem over and over, or something, hehehehe. "confirmed kill tatooes" :)

Edited by siegeshot

• the rewards shouldn't be re-colored and added to the CM or PvE. Top level PvE content has unique rewards so should pvp

This is of Paramount importance IMO.

Grow a pair and ignore the PVE crowd that wants it. I mean come on, they got the Titan 6, EC Tank, TFB Sphere.... I do Both PVE and PVP, I don't want two rancors >.>

Oh and by the way, they ALSO Got wings of the Architect this rotation too.

Seems totally fair amirite? :rolleyes:

This is of Paramount importance IMO.

Grow a pair and ignore the PVE crowd that wants it. I mean come on, they got the Titan 6, EC Tank, TFB Sphere.... I do Both PVE and PVP, I don't want two rancors >.>

Oh and by the way, they ALSO Got wings of the Architect this rotation too.

Seems totally fair amirite? :rolleyes:

Yep needs to be completely separate. Something Pve absolutely cannot get in any shape or form or color.

Might I Suggest this:

As you have the rewards be cumulative, I would actually start with the mounts and fluff at the lowest tier.

Mid tier add unique weapons - even re-skins of old weapons but with glowing parts. And for top tier, give them the armor glowies that have a bonus to expertise that allows a slight bump over the current cap.

I think it makes more sense to give the fluff to the bottom-dwellers and the useful stuff to the people who actually earn it.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

I for instance would like to see a Bolster system that does not make PVE gear better than or equal to Obroan (PVP) gear. That would be a great Reward for the whole PVP community.

I would also welcome a step by step tutorial for fresh PVPers that guides them through objectives and gearing principles.

Finally and most important of all, a developer / PR representative who likes to say: "Yes, we are aware how important [...] is to save PVP, therefore we are working on it, it will be done by the time next major patch comes".

Edited by varietasplus

I don't have a bunch of ideas of what they should be but I can tell you what they shouldn't be:
  • a re-color of any existing gear/mount
  • Ugly. Seems obvious but look at the season one armor
  • Useless. Titles in my opinion are useless, they just clutter up the ui.

/thread

1. Mount with unique functionality: Something like mount with 2 seats, for other player or for companion, that would be awesome

2. Gear, really good looking gear something special, something so memorable, that if other players see you in that armor, they will run away. Maybe similar to old War Hero gear...

3. emotes,dye modules, special color crystals

Also, good reward would be credits + some rwz comms :)