Is Subscribing Worth It

No Twi'leks were hurt in the making of this thread.

WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised. Rants are encouraged.

You've been warned...

I mean, the title says it all, really. I pay 15$ a month for what, a team of devs that doesn't even listen? This is probably the millionth time I've said this, but don't get me wrong, I love this game, it has soooo much to improve on. But whats the point in doing it if you don't even fix the simple bugs that are laid out before you, EAware? I mean, some of them make the game virtually unplayable.

While you have done some good, I also think you need to do a better job listening to your community. However, I don't think you deserve all the hate you get for introducing the Cathar as the first new species, considering some people... *cough* The TOR Community *cough* ... voted for the Cathar to be the first new playable species. However, you do still need to listen to the community, thats what this rant, even though it is not very rant like at all, is about.

Also, I hate how you're spending so much time on the Cartel Market Features, instead of spending more time giving the subscribers things. This may sound very self centered coming from a subscriber, but I mean, we are the ones who pay 15$ a month.

Well, thats all I have for now. I was hoping to cover more, but halfway in I stopped to spend time with the family for like 2 hours and never got around to it until now. Thanks for reading, if you did. ;)

2-3 million credits and you can have pretty much any unlock unlocked on a preferred account. So the question is, is the faster leveling and lack of credit cap worth $10 a month or do you feel you would get more for that money by buying cartel coins instead? I'm on the fence on that one myself. (I'm factoring in the 500cc a month as a $5 dollar value) Edited by Damask_Rose

In the end it's up to the subscriber's, cause as soon as we stop giving a crap about this game it's gone. There are a lot of new games coming out that have been listening to their player base and will be launching with the needed basics this game took a year to install.

I watched in Horror as Sony Molested SWG to death. (let's face it you know it true regardless of the die hards that stuck it out the last 6 years that game died as soon as NGE went live), EAware and their shortsighted views at looking at the quick buck will be the downfall of this Game and their Brand for years to come. Don't get me wrong i like this game and will mos likely stick it out until the wheels fall off but..all that this game could have been will forever shadow what it is now.

I watched in Horror as Sony Molested SWG to death. (let's face it you know it true regardless of the die hards that stuck it out the last 6 years that game died as soon as NGE went live)...

Yup. I logged in and discontinued my subscription 15-minutes later and never looked back.

Regarding SW:TOR, I've never had the impression BW doesn't listen to us, just that they are very slow in responding to problems that arise. I've noticed they are improving over the last 6-months. Not where they need to be but getting close in terms of new content updates, etc. The game seems healthier than it ever has been.

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

This seems like the wrong question to be asking. What every player needs to be asking themselves instead is "do I want to keep playing this game?"

If the answer is "yes", then you should subscribe because without a subscription this game is hacked off at the knees.

This seems like the wrong question to be asking. What every player needs to be asking themselves instead is "do I want to keep playing this game?"

If the answer is "yes", then you should subscribe because without a subscription this game is hacked off at the knees.

You dont need go subscribe to play the game. Thats the point the OP is making.

I watched in Horror as Sony Molested SWG to death.

Same. I went to the convention where they announced that they would be downsizing the number of classes - my favorite, creature handler being replaced by the crap they called Beast Handler and allll the 'lovely' changes they made.

A few months later I sadly took screenshots of each of my characters so I would never forget them than logged off for the last time. I got a little teared up reading about SWG finally closing its servers as it was my first MMO, but they messed up big time with their changes.

But getting back on track with SWTOR. I think it is worth subbing for, especially if you go from being subbed to F2P the changes are so dramatic. (I was F2P for about... 3 days while I waited for payday to roll around) and it was really.. bad - I felt like I couldn't take two steps without needing to pay cartel coins for something.

You dont need go subscribe to play the game. Thats the point the OP is making.

True enough, but the person you quoted has it right. Translate "hacked off at the knees" to "severely crippled" and maybe it makes more sense. It's like driving a Go-kart with a speed-limiting governor on it. Sure you can "get around the track" and insofar as that is fulfilling for you, great! But take the governor off, and tat Go-kart gets a lot more thrilling.

F2P gives you a taste, but you will pay for Medical Probes. I'm not a 'really good' player (yet) and if I had to pay for Medical Probes beyond the F2P amount, I'd be paying a 'subscription' anyway because I get killed so much it's beginning to feel good. Lots of stuff in the Cartel Market subs get for free, and prior to F2P there was no award of free Coins. Now I get 600 a month, which is like a $5.00 discount. Personally, I did the math and it's worth it. YMMV

If you play the game, then yes the subsciption is worth it.

500CC a month, (yes I know it's about $5, but it's there)

Unlimited Warzones

Unlimited Flashpoints

Access to Blackhole and other places F2P have to pay to get to.

Three Crew Skills

Able to post to any Alt

Able to post to any Player (although you probably won't want to)

Can sell any number of items on GTN

Rested XP and full regular XP (these make a huge difference)

Artifact Authorisation

Free Skill Reset

Quicker QT

Earlier Speeder Licenses

Able to post on forums (and gripe about how your sub doesn't get enough respect)

• 3 years later...
if you like 20-30 minute monthly story content, no challenges, very high easiness, very quick leveling without exploration, soloing heroics and flashpoints, yes. if you like to do group content with doable players like pvp or heroics or flashpoints or operations or raids or expecting new group content, no. my 4 year veteran player experienced opinion- 4.0 created a great group community disconnection and does not promote learning/perfecting class skills or smart play or group play. good group oriented guilds are becoming rare or disbanding. Edited by DarkJediMage

oh yes, if you want to play the game it's definetly the best way to do it. the point now is why play the game.

i'm dropping my sub in 3 years because of no new ops and group content.

i levelled a toon recently, from 1-65 and it's ridicolously easy, even more than before, you don't need crafting, you don't need gear, you don't need levels even.

you can play 1-65 without having to group once.

60-65 is all crap instanced chapters. i stopped at chapter 10 on one toon and i've 20.

i absolutely hate imp/rep love since SoR. time to take a break, but it's not an mmo anymore and while paying monthly for a ridicolous chapter and new CC is worthless, subbing is still the best way to enjoy the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Kotfe gave us one chapter per month --> 45 - 60 minutes "new content" for 15$ --> Thank you for nothing!

Bla bla bla Cutscene ( 3 minutes ) > fight some robots ( 15 minutes ) > Bla bla bla Cutscene ( 2 minutes ) > fight some robots ( 15 ) > Bla bla bla "important decision" > klick bla bla bla 2 different records ( 2 minutes ) > fight an Endboss ( 10 minutes ) > Bla bla bla last Cutscene ( 2 minutes ) > The end!

Since the Collector's Edition arrived at my house back in the fall of 2011, I have been playing this game. Years later, after trying to create new toons on new servers just for something that feels "new", with the release of KotFE I dropped my subscription. I have stored enough unlocks to play as I once did as well as a few million credits to friends I know for O'sh*t purchases'. I see no reason to pay for something I can get for free.

Using this LvD sh*t to mask once again 0 news/updates/teasers/hints on the possibility of a new Operation or once again f*cking the long term player base ( like we havent already leveled numerous alts just for sh*t and giggles-and now we HAVE too for this new content) I really could care at this point.