Things that has been on my mind.

Turbelagos

Quite frankly decorating my strongholds has always been one of my favorite pastimes on SWTOR. I have fully unlocked all the strongholds and I enjoy decorating each of them to a specific theme, for example my Yavin 4 SH is completely decorated to be an Imperial command base. But I feel that the strongholds department of this game is being somewhat forgotten, despite the addition of decorations (which are beautiful btw) with every new cartel pack. Below are the list of things I thought can be improved/added into the game to improve the SH experience.

1. A NEW STRONGHOLD

We Need New Strongholds

I think its no secret that we all want a new stronghold. There has been many threads posted because people want a new stronghold, such as one on Korriban or Tython. I used to want this as well but then I realized that in unlocking a Korriban/Tython SH, other non-lore friendly classes (BH, smugg) are able to own it as well and that does not seem to be very lore-friendly so I accepted the fact that we can't have this, no matter how awesome it may be. :(

But that does not close the possibility of having a neutral world where we could have a new stronghold! There has been many arguments on why we need SHs on planets such as Hoth, Voss, Alderaan, Manaan, or even Zakuul and Odessen. These planets make total sense lore-wise and there has already been tons of decorations that fit these planets specifically. And please make these new SHs awesome, not like the DK and Coruscant ones... something like Yavin and Tatooine would be awesome! A small ship SH would be cool too!

TL;DR:: We need a new SH on a neutral world.

2.THE STRONGHOLDS STRIKES BACK

The Current Strongholds Need Skins

The strongholds we have now needs skins. I've seen someone ask for this before and I thought its an amazing idea! The Strongholds we have now are stuck in a specific time of day and/or environment. Although they look beautiful for a while they get boring and old fast. What if someone wanted their Tatooine SH to be set at midday? for DK to not always be in the middle of rain? For Coruscant to not always be at sunset? Skins can fix all these complaints plus it might also revive interest on these old SHs.

Besides making old SHs interesting again, it would also greatly improve the RP experience as people would be able to set the mood/time of day, giving the RP community more control over their setting. Doing this would also remind the RP/SH community that they are not forgotten, and that these areas are still being improved and expanded upon.

You could even sell these SH skins on the Cartel Market! Not the packs though cause that would indicate that you are willing to create multiple skins for mutliple SHs over a long period of time (i.e. sustainable) .

TL;DR:: We need skins for old SHs to revive interest on old SHs and improve RP.

3. RETURN OF THE PERSONNEL

We Need Tons of Personnel Decorations

I believe that there is a great lack of personnel decorations. We need more personnel decorations to make the SH seem alive! Please add more droids, Sith, Jedi, BHs, people standing around doing nothing in cool poses and add them in variation! The Mandalorians are a great example of good variation. You have multiple Mandalorian personnel decorations in different poses and they are awesome! But the same cannot be said for other types of personnel: there is only 1 Sith (no, Revanites do not count), only 1 Jedi Master and 1 Padawan, and there are a lack of droids! Some types of personnel are even straight up forgotten such as Imperial/Republic officers, for example.

If you are thinking "But you could have your 999 companions to fill these roles", you are wrong. These companions could not be placed in a guild SH and flagship, so it is not the same thing.

TL;DR:: We need tons of new personnel decorations to make the SHs seem more realistic and alive.

4. THE PET PEEVES AWAKEN

This segment is just a list of things that I think we need added, but do not merit its own explanation:

I. Add the Sith torture table

II. Add the Imperial agent/officer personnel decoration.

III. Allow us to select where we want to spawn in our SH.

IV. More SH labels!

V. Make decorations more widely available so they are not overpriced, and increase their drop rate in FPs, OPs, etc.

VI. Have more vendors that sell decorations.

VII. Maybe have an entrance to a SH that is actually a door (not via terminal)

VIII. Decrease the price on GF unlocks :")

XI. This one is the most important - Allow our companions to be themselves and not in holo-form when we log in on a different toon.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Turbelagos

1. New Stronghold:

Totally agree. We need not only new strongholds, but additional to Guild Ships and existing Strongholds. But a few places that would fit lore wise for strongholds as well is Rishi which also could be more Tatooine and Yavin like. I would love to be able to have a swamp type Stronghold as well.

2. The Strongholds Strikes Back:

Totally agree. would love to be able to change the environment, or even have it on a timer where it is day and night over a period of time. Or set the weather or time of day. But also be able to move hooks around. Not just change existing hooks, but actually remove a hook and place it some where else or put down new hooks.

3. Return of the Personnel:

Great idea.

4. The Pet Peeves Awaken:

More SH labels! Is really needed.

I would love to see decorations unlockable in collections or something like that for a price. Or like it is done with Guild ships. Where you can buy it from your decoration items list. I know this would piss off a lot of people that just buy packs to sell on the GTN, but not everyone has time or money to go about buying all these over priced stuff. Also with the way it is set up the economy it leads to people going to credit spammers for credits, because lets face it not all of us can sit in front of our computers for 12 hours a day to make credits to buy this stuff.

Also yes, the drop rate in HM FPs, or in FPs period is way to low. It needs to change. I haven't seen some deco's drop in forever and I do HMs and FPs all the time. And there are some decorations I need more of, but I don't want to run things like Athis 100 times just to get a shot at the deco. Also having them drop more gives people a reason to do HMs and FPs again. Without them, outside of commander rank, there really isn't a reason to do FPs. No gear drop, low commander points compared to other means. And the credits are low compared to doing Heroics. So bring up the deco drop rate in FPs! Agree.