What abilities can I ignore?

AceRyder

I'm only level 23 and I have so many keybinds it's like playing a piano. Is force scream used as fury? What can I ignore for the most part? I'm not an mmo noob, but I'm trying to figure out which one of these abilities I can take out of my rotation since it's probably not rage cost effective for its damage. Edited by AceRyder

Yes, Force Scream is a vital part of Fury (mainly from lvl 28 on, before it's probably not worth the cost). It depends on your spec which abilities are useful and which are not, but pretty much everything is useful usually, since they removed some abilitiies with 2.0 that were only used under very special circumstances.

Basically everything is useful, until it gets replaced depending on spec (Force Scream gets replaced by Devastating Blast and Vicious Slash by Massacre in Carnage for example). There are very few exceptions. For example Force Scream is never used in Annihilation, as it isn't cost-effective.

Yes, Force Scream is a vital part of Fury (mainly from lvl 28 on, before it's probably not worth the cost). It depends on your spec which abilities are useful and which are not, but pretty much everything is useful usually, since they removed some abilitiies with 2.0 that were only used under very special circumstances.

Basically everything is useful, until it gets replaced depending on spec (Force Scream gets replaced by Devastating Blast and Vicious Slash by Massacre in Carnage for example). There are very few exceptions. For example Force Scream is never used in Annihilation, as it isn't cost-effective.

alright, thanks for the info.

What's the best spec for PVP at the moment?

I'm only level 23 and I have so many keybinds it's like playing a piano. Is force scream used as fury? What can I ignore for the most part? I'm not an mmo noob, but I'm trying to figure out which one of these abilities I can take out of my rotation since it's probably not rage cost effective for its damage.

Marauders use every ability (except maybe disable droid :)) at max skill level in PvP and as such are not beginner friendly.

Edited by Arunas

For regs I would say carnage or fury are the best. Ranked I would say fury is better cause of cc immunity and it's harder to stop the burst of fury.

But.. I would play whatever you have the most fun with. I mostly play annihilation as it is my favorite marauder spec. I also consistently top the charts in dps in regs on my server.

Edited by Buckwildjoe

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly late to the party here, but my 2 cents...

I use about 30 binds for my mara at level 60. But I use the 12 buttons on the side of my razer naga mouse and the shift modifier, plus a few keyboard keys and extra mouse buttons. You can't really get away from avoiding any of them for pvp. For me, the razer naga gaming mouse is vital...I don't think I could manage 30 keyboard binds - my hands don't seem even close to big enough for that. I honestly have no idea how people do it. I know that you can mouse turn and move forward using just the mouse, leaving the left hand for only abilities...but I like to be able to strafe while activating abilities at the same time - so I turn with the mouse, move forward with 'w', strafe with 'a' and 'd', then activate most of my abilities with the naga 12 buttons plus a shift and sometimes ctrl modifier. This works well for me as a melee class because I can move around really effectively while spamming abilities at the same time. I'm just putting my right thumb to work, when it would otherwise be completely idle.

I prefer fury in pvp due to the CC immunity on force crush and many instant abilities, auto-crits. Some do well in carnage (even in ranked). I think I know a few players that did fairly well in ranked with annihilation even. I got silver with fury after 21 games played, I know of many players who did well in ranked with fury.

I've even done a few SM operations with fury. Even though it had a slightly lower theoretical dps output, it all boils down to what you the individual can do effectively. I got to the point where I could actually parse a little higher with fury than annihilation, in spite of the number crunchers saying that anni should put out more dps. So, I play fury for everything. I like the spec and I seem to play it reasonably well, so I stuck with it.

Hope that helps!

Pretty much what others are saying. I switch between carnage and fury every few weeks to keep things lively. Carnage does get shut down but has larger faster burst due increased alacrity. I like that under Fury, Berserk gives rage instead of alacrity. Fury has all my bars filled with abilities, Carnage leaves me with a couple open binds. I find Pve stuff easier as Fury though.