Companions in the stronghold.

Pherlin

I would love it if companions from characters we are not on were not holograms. It would look so much better to have my Smugglers companions standing around my Hunters bounty office, not as holograms. I don't think they could have the custom armor sets or skins but default is fine.

Agreed.

Personally, I'd like my companions to vanish from the stronghold when they are following me, them leaving a hologram of themselves at their favourite place is just silly.

For using them to populate our strongholds as NPCs or for scenarios involving holograms, BW could simply give us the generic models (both, hologram and "real") when we get the max affection achievement.

The holograms aren't really there by choice. When you are not logged into a specific toon, the data containing what their companion has equipped isn't loaded, thus it can't be displayed. So when this happens, your companion decoration throws on their basic default gear, etc.

I guess in order to mask this a bit, they also make them holograms, but those look even worse in some cases IMO

Edited by Terro_Fett

I think this would be a good idea - except that the problem arises in the following scenario:

I've maxed all 8 classes all companions plus HK and Treek <both factions>. So yes, my "main" companions wouldn't have anymore to say to me - BUT : if I

a. have a guest in my stronghold who hasn't maxed affection or

b. have one of my alts that haven't maxed affection.

Then, that companion has to be "available", code-wise for conversations.

What I would like to see is some sort of "trophy-like" stronghold decoration for those of us who have maxed affection to put in their strongholds - a picture of the companions to put on the wall.

The armor portrayed on the companion would be "commissioned" - in other words, at the time of purchase of said "portrait", the portrait would look like that "forever" and in order to change it, you'd have to buy a new "portrait".

Like taking a picture with a camera.

I.e. I am trying to have all my trooper companions in armor that is dyed the same color - <too bad you can't dye droid armor or HK's, alas>. So they all would "match", and their "portrait" would be of them in that particular armor.

Just have them appear with their default customization and gear, id much prefer that then a holo.

I dont need to be able to have them standing around my stronghold in their undies, even if the majority of you guys would want to fill them with all the female comps in slave gear :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I.e. I am trying to have all my trooper companions in armor that is dyed the same color - <too bad you can't dye droid armor or HK's, alas>. So they all would "match", and their "portrait" would be of them in that particular armor.

I've gone one beyond that same colour thing, and put them all in the Bounty Tracker set (except no visible helmet for Yuun and Vik, and Forex gets to stay looking like a battle droid), all dyed black/deep red. Then I arranged them on one of the 3x3 grid hook things in the Coruscant stronghold. Looks very cool.

This did cause me one blink-huh-what? moment watching the Rishi intro cinematic. (The trooper one, duh.) As the scene changes around the different parts of the ship, there they all were, helmets off as usual for companions in cinematics(1), except that there was this strange red-tinged brunette and no Elara. ***???

That is, there was a Customization 3 Elara and no default-appearance Elara. It had been so long since I put the customization in place that I had forgotten I did it. :eek::(

(1) Except when you tick the "hide helmet" box, when the helmet seems to like becoming visible in cinematics...

Edited by SteveTheCynic

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with this i would love default companions in strongholds, if they could put the customized ones in all the better. It doesn't make sense to have them holo in while not on the owner, but would make sense if you are because they are on your ship, running crew skills, and/or accompanying you on your missions. Also it would be nice to not have them interactive in strongholds when placed as decorations so if someone wanted to they could have all companions in 1 stronghold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I don't care if they are in default appearance, That's OKAY.

Bumping with this. I dont need to have my comps standing around in my strongholds looking as if they are Red Light District Escapees like most of the guys running around with the tube top & panties squad want, i just want them not to be holos.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Hate the holo as well. Particularly when a character from a different class is in the stronghold. I'd rather have them not be there than be a hologram. Better would be if they just showed default appearance.

Anything, really, just not the holograms.

or for the legacy - if you could unlock that companion in physical form for any character in the legacy, for when you complete the entirety of the Companion story arc's - it would be a fun reward to go along with the minor bonus and +10 presence