Worth coming back

diskolol

Hello guys, I was playing marauder Back in The days during 1.0 and 2.0 and enjoyed a lot pvp.

My marauder is 65 now do you think it would be worth it to grind 70, and then perform a few warzones as a casual? Or the gear gap will be a pain?

Hello guys, I was playing marauder Back in The days during 1.0 and 2.0 and enjoyed a lot pvp.

My marauder is 65 now do you think it would be worth it to grind 70, and then perform a few warzones as a casual? Or the gear gap will be a pain?

The first few PVP matches will be quite annoying before u get yourself at least fully augmented 230 gear. But gearing is not so complicated if you know how to do it and getting to this minimal tier will not take long at all. Augments of rating 228 are cheap and the gap between them and 236/240 augments exists but is nothing terrible.

Marauders are still quite good, but you might wish to learn how some of your enemies evolved (for example since 2.0 it got a lot more annoying to kill mercs or operatives), and your own rotation might be nothing like you used to remember.

Being optimistic about the upcoming PVP changes (MATCHMAKING) I conclude and say it is worth a shot :)

The first few PVP matches will be quite annoying before u get yourself at least fully augmented 230 gear. But gearing is not so complicated if you know how to do it and getting to this minimal tier will not take long at all. Augments of rating 228 are cheap and the gap between them and 236/240 augments exists but is nothing terrible.

Marauders are still quite good, but you might wish to learn how some of your enemies evolved (for example since 2.0 it got a lot more annoying to kill mercs or operatives), and your own rotation might be nothing like you used to remember.

Being optimistic about the upcoming PVP changes (MATCHMAKING) I conclude and say it is worth a shot :)

I do not agree. The grind is a pain and bolster will not help enough.

U will go from 230 gear to 240 then 246 and finaly 248+236 augments or 240. It is a pain at some point unless u have allrdy chars to 248 that can gring unasembled components s u can spend them asap. 4 Tiers are not a good ideea from Bioware but a lack of developement.

I been back a month plus from a fairly long break, and had many toons that were 65 lvl. I had 208s on them, so I did have class set bonus armorings which I am sure helps.

That being said, I have gotten 5 toons to 70, been pvping and competing just fine.

In fact, I honestly noticed such a little difference I basically disintegrate everything except gold set pieces, faction stuffs etc.

All purple, blue, green armor "upgrades" seem to make such an insignificant improvement with stats I think it's a waste of time equipping them.

I rather disintegrate them and get CXP to work my way to the last tier of gearing from the RNG crates asap.

What you will find is good players will give you a hard way to go, and bad players won't.

I honestly believe the gear differential is slight in performance improvements, and until someone shows me hard data proof comparing damage in WZs with 248s compared to bolstered lower tier armors I stand by my anecdotal experience.

I first thought it was gear differences, but real talk, it was just players that were very good who happen to be wearing 248s. I think if they wore 208s, they'd still wreck people in the WZs.

I would even go so far as to say bolster is working better than it ever has.

With new PVP stuff incoming with the next big patch, I think you'd probably find it fun now and something to look forward to in the summer, PVPing I mean.

If you are going to play a Marauder, go Fury. It's all about Fury in this meta.

I do not agree. The grind is a pain and bolster will not help enough.

Maybe I simply am "lucky" but using some cheap 100% cxp boosts would mean you get several lvls per match for the first few lvls which is around half the 230 progression, and since 230 is very cheap from vendors you get the rest of the gear complete even before you reach rank 40, which takes literally less than a weekly. "Worst case", run a single gf ops and you are at least all set for full 230. I ran a last-boss only run on a toon in rank 10 and after the death of the boss + weekly + gf bonus + disintegrations I was rank 35 and had only 3 pieces of gear missing. Admittedly I then "cheated" and used some spare UC to refill the missing items with 236 rather than 230, but I could easily buy full 230 if I had to and didn't have UCs. And before someone dares to say you can't do well in gf ops without the gear, I do just fine and even better than some noob lvl 70s in my lvl 50 toons when in gf. The bolster there is enough.

But don't forget the augments. At least fully augment any modable item with a 228 augment, because the difference an augment makes over no augment is greater than the difference in bolster between the small tiers (At least as much as I could notice). The augments and the kits are cheap but they accumulate for a small fortune. You probably earned that much if you leveled your way to 70, but the question is how many of it you spent on cosmetic items and such ;)

It really doesn't take long to get competitive in PVP. It is exponentially faster if you are open minded to progressing cxp not solely through PVP, naturally. Maybe those who complain about the slow progression don't do anything else?

@rafi I agree, being even slightly open minded to pve for hearing alleviates the grind substantially. Do a hm ev/kp and you get all 242 except implants relics and hat. That's a full set bonus for just doing the 2 easiest ops in the game.

@rafi I agree, being even slightly open minded to pve for hearing alleviates the grind substantially. Do a hm ev/kp and you get all 242 except implants relics and hat. That's a full set bonus for just doing the 2 easiest ops in the game.

And here I was trying to keep things in a lower level and limit PVE to bolstered gf content :D

You are right of course. The easy HMs are an even better gear boost than all the above. Though I would recommend at least full 230 for them (the need of augments would depend on the rest of the team).

Do not play this game for PVP, it is absolutely terrible. Ranked is a complete joke. It is riddled with cheaters and a dysfunctional rating system, and regs is worse than ever. In regs you either run in a premade and stomp everybody or you get slaughtered by solo queuing. If you are out, stay out.

Do not play this game for PVP, it is absolutely terrible. Ranked is a complete joke. It is riddled with cheaters and a dysfunctional rating system, and regs is worse than ever. In regs you either run in a premade and stomp everybody or you get slaughtered by solo queuing. If you are out, stay out.

I agree with this. Unless you are already heavily invested, you would be wise to look elsewhere. At minimum look for a game with a thriving community. Learning to play a game well is a big time and intellectual commitment, even for unemployed losers like myself, so choose carefully.