Cartel Market Suggestions

ValenFet

I have a couple of suggestions for the Cartel Market that I thought were good....

1) Have where you can purchase just credit booms for like 5 or 10 Cartel coins (this would help especially since people are now price gouging extremely rare items)

2) Have where once you activate a weapon tuning you can unlock it in the collections for your legacy.

3) Have where you can unlock the star ship upgrades in collection for legacy.

The star wars game will still get make money from those purchasing cartel coins to unlock these items. This would also allow more players to get these items that people want to charge several million credits for.

I have a couple of suggestions for the Cartel Market that I thought were good....

1) Have where you can purchase just credit booms for like 5 or 10 Cartel coins (this would help especially since people are now price gouging extremely rare items)

2) Have where once you activate a weapon tuning you can unlock it in the collections for your legacy.

3) Have where you can unlock the star ship upgrades in collection for legacy.

The star wars game will still get make money from those purchasing cartel coins to unlock these items. This would also allow more players to get these items that people want to charge several million credits for.

Actually, people would just put weapon tunings in legacy weapons and pass them around to other characters and unlock them that way. (Like you can do for colour crystals now.) The number of legacy-bound weapons with tuning slots is not zero, and some of them are trivially simple to get (everyone gets one for free now at the end of their starter world, for example, or when arriving on Odessen at the beginning of Chapter IX of KotFE).

And you're unlikely to get much support for direct credit-giving objects in the Cartel Market. (They also would just make the GTN pricing problem even worse.)

MMORPG economics lesson: *direct* real-money purchase of in-game currency causes *global* inflation of player-to-player prices by adding money to the economy. There would have to be an increase in the number of ways to spend credits (e.g. the return of training costs, especially, say, the price of speeder training, an increase in the price of armour repairs, etc.) to make up for it.

Starship upgrades? You mean the ones for the railshooter PvE space missions, or the ones for Galactic Starfighter? The railshooter stuff doesn't matter any more, and the basic ones are so cheap it's laughable. GSF is so horrible I don't care anyway.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

1) I think buying credits with Cartel Coins directly will cause more inflation in the GTN. You can already do it by purchasing items from the Cartel Market and selling them in the GTN.

2) We'd all love to be able to unlock Weapon Tunings in collections. Sure, you can pass one around, but if you're leveling multiple characters, that's a real pain!

3) I would absolutely love to be able to unlock flagship expansions using Cartel Coins. The big guilds and the guilds who don't mind grind can unlock them, but family guilds have a difficult time. It's no fun to pressure members to participate in conquests when they don't enjoy it. Flagship expansions don't affect game balance, so it seems like an easy way for SWTOR to make money.

• 3 weeks later...

The Star ship weapon upgrades I'm talking about are the ones for your character's personal star ship not the fighters. The cartel market at one time had level 7 upgrades for the power, shields & armor. They also I believe had an increase for the missiles. They were sold in 2 bundles maybe 3. I had bought some for my early characters but now my newer characters have to go without those upgrades.

I would like to be able to purchase the proton launchers & torpedo tubes from the cartel because not everyone does the stars fighter missions or the PVP stuff.

Those are just my ideas.