How to regain players back

Foxyfire

Okay I'm an old SWG player, I'm also was in beta when this game launch, I've been here for years since then and I know for a fact you lost about 80% of the player base because promises that were told to the SWG players weren't kept causing SWG to shut down because of this game....... Here are some suggestions to get old players back and get them to resub and stay.....you put the houses in like was said was supposed to be in a year after launch but you lost a lot because of the space...get the stuff off rails come into the 2000 era and stop playing the 80's era this isn't Starfox this is Star Wars, I know it's a quick way to bring out content but in SWG we had control of our ships we could fly them where we wanted not stay on a rail that only lets us go side to side, we also crafted our parts for our ships and had tons of space missions normal and PVP missions, we also could mine metals, chemicals, gas's and such also in space so you had to qualify for that also, which with the missions we could collect different parts for ships or have a trader re-enginer them to create better space parts. We used to get different ships by gaining levels on the grounds & space missions so put stuff like that in will bring back tons of players from SWG get the railing stuff off and actually give players something to work for like when we PVP they also had PVP space which made the game not boring space wise because we had ground missions and space missions that somewhat interacted with each other.... put traders into doing the crafting, not our companions or make some of our companions traders where they could be left at our homes to craft items for us ....traders have been in every star wars movie made so why aren't any of the professions traders?? Also a lot of players played to be able to craft only...the aspect of SWG like space traders PVP working for something not being handed it is what made the game great and last so long... but this is my suggestion as I know the aspects of the old game and it is open source which you could use as an example and see how it was run to get an idea of what is needed here or even give u ideas to put more content similar to there here...you lost SWG players to the SWG Emu which is free to play and has everything they want in it. So, in conclusion, put a lot of new things in the game besides what it has now that is somewhat like SWG and gain more SWG players back or keep it and as dead as a lot of servers are and not gain subs or whatever. It's a win-win thing gains more players back gets more player subs and takes nearly dead servers to having actual people packing them again.

First off serious, get rid of the red colored text. That is just beyond unnecessary and difficult to read and just screams being rude. Also add some line breaks and spacing instead of a massive wall of text.

Also your suggestion may work for you, doesn't necessary mean it will work for everyone. Stop using "how to get players back" in your suggestion. There is no guarantee that it will or will not work

Lastly this is not SWG, stop trying to make this a sandbox MMO, this is not that way nor was it ever meant to be that way nor does it need to be that way.

It needs to be ti's own MMO not a copy of a dead MMO from another company.

Yes I agree improvements need to be made to the game which could make it better however turning it into SWG is not the answer.

Okay I'm an old SWG player, I'm also was in beta when this game launch, I've been here for years since then and I know for a fact you lost about 80% of the player base because promises that were told to the SWG players weren't kept causing SWG to shut down because of this game.......

Here are some suggestions to get old players back and get them to resub and stay.....

y

youout the houses in like was said was supposed to be in a year after launch but you lost a lot because of the space...

ggetet

e stuff off rails come into the 2000 era and stop playing the 80's era this isn't Starfox this is Star Wars, I know it's a quick way to bring out content but in SWG we had control of our ships we could fly them where we wanted not stay on a rail that only lets us go side to side,

we

welso crafted our parts for our ships and had tons of space missions normal and PVP missions, we also could mine metals, chemicals, gas's and such also in space so you had to qualify for that also, which with the missions we could collect different parts for ships or have a trader re-enginer them to create better space parts.

We need different ships by gaining levels on the grounds & space missions so put stuff like that in will bring back tons of players from SWG get the railing stuff off and actually give players something to work for like when we PVP they also had PVP space which made the game not boring space wise because we had ground missions and space missions that somewhat interacted with each other....

put traders into doing the crafting, not our companions or make some of our companions traders where they could be left at our homes to craft items for us ...

.traders have been in every star wars movie made so why aren't any of the professions traders?? Also a lot of players played to be able to craft only

...the aspect of SWG like space traders PVP working for something not being handed it is what made the game great and last so long...

b

bututis is my suggestion as I know the aspects of the old game and it is open source which you could use as an example and see how it was run to get an idea of what is needed here or even give u ideas to put more content similar to there here...

you lost SWG players to the SWG Emu which is free to play and has everything they want in it. So, in conclusion, put a lot of new things in the game besides what it has now that is somewhat like SWG and gain more SWG players back or keep it and as dead as a lot of servers are and not gain subs or whatever.

It's a win-win thing gains more players back gets more player subs and takes nearly dead servers to having actual people packing them again.

Do not use red.

Paragraphs go a long way

I never played SWG but from the way many people here have described it, it was far more complex than Swtor ever will be! The new MMOs are trying to be simple so that people dont have it hard, they mostly only require a certain grind, but nothing as complex as you mention.

I believe 80-90% of the swtor population like the game cause its so simple and its constantly being simplified!

I never played SWG but from the way many people here have described it, it was far more complex than Swtor ever will be! The new MMOs are trying to be simple so that people dont have it hard, they mostly only require a certain grind, but nothing as complex as you mention.

I believe 80-90% of the swtor population like the game cause its so simple and its constantly being simplified!

I played SWG, It was crap and people look back at it with rose tinted lenses.

Oh, and here's something that all the "make this game more like SWG to get more players" always seem to conveniently forget... Making this game like SWG and adding SWG's absolute peak subscriber numbers to the game wouldn't really significantly increase the population.

SWG's peak population was only 300k.

Some of those play this game already.

Some have permanently moved onto other games and have no interest in coming back no matter what.

Some have quit gaming/MMO's forever.

Some are dead.

Whatever number that leaves of the original 300k is the most you could EVER hope to boost this game by and, quite honestly, you'd lose a bunch of existing people by trying to shoehorn some inferior gameplay into SWTOR.

You'd never realistically even be able to tempt more than a fraction of them to play, anyway.

So no, making the game more like SWG is neither a smart marketing nor development strategy.

Some have permanently moved onto other games and have no interest in coming back no matter what.

Some are dead.

This reminds me of something that happened many, many years ago...

I had just gotten married, and we moved to our own apartment in Nashua, NH. In the local mall was a model/game shop which had a sign-up list for people interested in playing RPGs (paper ones, this was 1989/1990). We were interested, so my wife got a copy of the list, and called around.

* Some people had stopped playing.

* Some had moved away.

* Some numbers had just been disconnected with no indication what had happened.

* Two different names on the list had died.

* And there were just two out of around 20 names that were still available and playing.

The guy running the shop took down the list and started a new one.

I played SWG, It was crap and people look back at it with rose tinted lenses.

Such an articulate description of one of the most complex and interesting games in MMO history... My glasses may be rose tinted but yours are blacked out.

Keeping in mind that Post CU was SWG in title only, the release game was gone.

Edited by Soljin

Oh, and here's something that all the "make this game more like SWG to get more players" always seem to conveniently forget... Making this game like SWG and adding SWG's absolute peak subscriber numbers to the game wouldn't really significantly increase the population.

Some are dead.

Whatever number that leaves of the original 300k is the most you could EVER hope to boost this game by and, quite honestly, you'd lose a bunch of existing people by trying to shoehorn some inferior gameplay into SWTOR.

You'd never realistically even be able to tempt more than a fraction of them to play, anyway.

So no, making the game more like SWG is neither a smart marketing nor development strategy.

SWG's low subscriber count was not the game designs fault it was poor management decisions plain and simple...even the original team will admit that.

When I see people tear down SWG it is primarily relating to its profit/performance in the market. What people do not add to the equation is that an excellent game can fail due to mismanagement and in this case that is true from early development all the way through the launch of the NGE.

On that Note changing the core features of any game after launch will 99% of the time result in a coffin nail.

Edited by Soljin

Such an articulate description of one of the most complex and interesting games in MMO history... My glasses may be rose tinted but yours are blacked out.

Keeping in mind that Post CU was SWG in title only, the release game was gone.

Not really much else to say that hasn't been said a million times when people bring up SWG again and again on these forums. The game simply wasn't that great. I imagine when the next SW MMO comes out, whenever that may be, people will do the same thing with SWTOR.