Campaign for Galactic Starfighter @ Begeren Colony July 2016

Sorrai

Hey Everyone,

"Prize in the Skies" GSF contest is back for another round at Begeren Colony from July 25th through July 31st. Please join us in helping to generate interest and enthusiasm for GSF and be eligible to win this month's Grand Prize, an Unstable Arbiter Lightsaber :wea_03:, along with some other goodies.

For a complete list of prizes and contest rules, visit Campaign4GSF.enjin.com.

With the Dark vs. Light event currently underway the resurgence of queues on many servers clearly demonstrates the fact that players from general population will participate when given proper incentive. I encourage experienced and skilled veterans to continue reaching out and mentoring new players, promoting GSF chat channel, and exercising discretion when flying against rookie opposition. Everything helps.

Most of all, keep posting your desire for more GSF on the forums!

Some people have been inquiring about a few things regarding my contest, so I'll provide some details here:

1) The Golden and Platinum Starfighter characters were created specifically for this contest. They do not fly unless the contest is live and underway. That said, whenever you spot these characters promoting the contest on Fleet, or the Capital Worlds, or elsewhere in the game, it means that the event is active and that they are queued. This means that if you want a shot at winning, you should queue up as well!

Here's a helpful hint: If you add these characters to your Friends list it will serve as convenient way for knowing when to queue up!

2) This contest is not a scam. Far from it! It is independently run by me and a very small force of dedicated GSF fans who simply wish to do more for our beleaguered community. Each prize has been generously donated in hopes of providing more incentive for the general player population. The spirit behind the contest is to help grow the GSF community by offering a little motivation to casual players. For those who remain skeptical, we did provide an amusing transcript of the prize drawing from the last contest in June. You can find it in the gallery section at Campaign4GSF.enjin.com.

3) I have gotten some criticism for the contest requiring "too much work" for players to enter the drawing. I do welcome some constructive feedback on this, and would appreciate anyone who has the time to review the structure of the contest to offer any recommendations on how to improve the format. Just keep in mind that this is all entirely elective and I'm simply doing the best that I can with the time and resources available to me. When I started this back in late May I originally planned to host the Contest thread on the official Forums, but when I learned that only subscribers were allowed to post here I decided to use an independent website instead (Enjin). The reason was to allow for F2P members to participate since I wanted to reach as large of a player base as possible.

GSF has a lot stacked against it, so I am aware that an idea like this is an uphill battle, but for now I'm tenacious enough to see it through.

As always, your support is appreciated.

Thank you for putting on this event! As the grand prize winner (Rosani, Imp side), I can attest that I did indeed get the prizes promised, including an Unstable Arbiter's Saber! I had fun hanging out and watching for those special fighters, and was excited when I finally saw (and shot down) one of them!

I hope events like this bring a bit more recognition and traffic to our admittedly pretty weakened server (at least as far as GSF goes). What I hope this does NOT do is encourage kill squads of 4-8 aces to group queue and run rampant over everybody and everything. I would hope that anyone interested in showing up would solo or dual queue, preferably on the side that is hurting for pilots and really put your skills to the test. I personally am making a commitment to either solo queue or only group with new or intermediate pilots.

See everybody in the skies!