Purple Luxury Fabric?

SparkPhoenix

I was happily sending my Inquisitor's companions out to get the Grade 1 Luxury Fabric, Shadowsilk, for Synthweaving when all of a sudden, I got something called Cyrene Silk. I'd never seen it before and as far as I'm aware, the only Luxury Fabric used in Synthweaving is Shadowsilk. It seems I was mistaken! What is Cyrene Silk used for and is it work me keeping or should I just sell it on the GTN?

ALL mission skills (underworld trading, diplomacy, investigation, treasure hunting, and slicing) across all grades/tiers/levels have two possible materials that they yield - blue and purple. Purple materials only appear when the companion critically succeeds on the mission. In "grade 1" Shadowsilk is the blue fabric, the Cyrene Silk is the purple fabric.

If you craft an synthweaving piece of gear, you can reverse engineer it to potentially get a schematic for an improved version of the original (better stats). These improved versions require the purple materials.

As luxury fabrics from underworld trading are only used by Synthweavers, and the crafting of low level gear is not in high demand, the Cyrene Silk may not be a high value commodity. But there is no harm in checking the value and trying to sell it.

Edited by psandak

As luxury fabrics from underworld trading are only used by Synthweavers, and the crafting of low level gear is not in high demand, the Cyrene Silk may not be a high value commodity. But there is no harm in checking the value and trying to sell it.

The purple mats also used by higher end conquest items, and some do pull nice numbers. I think other disciplines can make these, not just synthers, but I'm not in game right now to check.

The purple mats also used by higher end conquest items, and some do pull nice numbers. I think other disciplines can make these, not just synthers, but I'm not in game right now to check.

You are thinking of "prefabs," and the only time they are in play for conquest is the Trade Emporium conquest which only happens once in a blue moon. All other conquests that involve heavy crafting (Titans of Industry and Total Galactic War) are limited to War supplies and Invasion Force which are crafted solely with gathering skill materials (more specific the Attachments, Components, and Cell Grafts that crafters make from gathering skill materials; believe I know because Total Galactic War just happened last week and my guild had a contest for a month to build up materials to craft the War Supplies)

You are thinking of "prefabs," and the only time they are in play for conquest is the Trade Emporium conquest which only happens once in a blue moon. All other conquests that involve heavy crafting (Titans of Industry and Total Galactic War) are limited to War supplies and Invasion Force which are crafted solely with gathering skill materials (more specific the Attachments, Components, and Cell Grafts that crafters make from gathering skill materials; believe I know because Total Galactic War just happened last week and my guild had a contest for a month to build up materials to craft the War Supplies)

He said conquest items, by which I presume he means purely making the prefabs and/or dark projects.

He said conquest items, by which I presume he means purely making the prefabs and/or dark projects.

Thank you for the correction...

I assumed by "and some do pull nice numbers" ButeoRegalis meant conquest points. It could mean GTN value.