DvL Crafting

supersappe

So i never really bother with crafting i just bought the stuff i needed from the GTN but with the DvL event i need to get Armormech

Armstech

Artifice

Biochem

Cybertech

Synthweaving

all these to 550 is there any fast way to get them any tips.

get scavenging (kill droids to harvest quick) + bio (kill mobs) or archaeology or then make crafting components till 550 once compete move your harvested matts into your legacy bank and start another one if u delete char or just delete the skill and start over

i did biochem 1st as its the only one that does not have resusable skill for another craft

then its armormech armstech cybertech all use scavenging

artifice synthweaving both use archaelogy

All methods will be time consuming...

However as pointed out the process was made easier as you can level from 1 to max crafting nothing but components.

I am going to assume that you have already leveled characters to 50+ and therefore will not be spending time on the various planets able to gather from the field (that is unless you enjoy running around an area over and over node to node; some do some don't...I don't; while leveling a character I will gather from the field from nodes that are along my path but I will not go out of my way to get them)

1. Take an LvD character (preferably one that is level 56 or higher so that you have the ability to use six companions to do crew skills) and take up one of the three gathering skills and a crafting skill that uses those materials:
    • bioanalysis = biochem
    • scavenging = armstech, armormech, cybertech
    • archaeology = artifice, synthweaving

[*]Level the gathering skill by running missions with your companions

[*]When you have gained enough skill in that gathering skill to reach the next grade of materials use four companions to craft the components for that grade.

[*]Use the remaining two to start running missions in the next grade

[*]Reverse engineer all the components you craft to get materials back and craft more

[*]As you unlock more missions transfer companions from crafting to gathering skill missions

[*]Craft until you either run out of materials or you cannot gain skill points for crafting

[*]rinse and repeat steps 2 through 7 until you reach max crafting skill.

NOTE: for grades 1-4 it is cheaper to buy the vendor materials you need rather than running missions, however running those vendor materials missions will get your skill up too. Grade 5 is wash (roughly the same cost to run missions or buy) but buying is faster. Grades 6-9 it is cheaper to run the missions (on a per unit basis the cost to acquire through the missions is less than what the vendor charages).

My experience:

* DvL Trooper (Commando)

* Starts Armstech as soon as she reaches the Fleet, along with Scavenging and Investigation.

* Cranks Armstech to 550 along with Scavenging and Investigation by craft-while-play: each time a companion finishes something, send them out again. Pick up new stuff from the trainer as it comes available. "Finishes something" could be crafting a set of things or it could be a gathering-skill or mission-skill mission.

* She reached 550 somewhere near the beginning of Balmorra.

* Drop Armstech and Investigation and replace them by Armormech and Underworld Trading

* Repeat craft-while-play.

* She reached 550 on Armormech and UT somewhere on Voss.

* Drop Armormech and pick up Cybernetics.

* Repeat craft-while-play.

* Finish Cybernetics on Corellia near the end. Craft a Vectron Archeologist along the way.

So this character got three crafting skills to 550 before she finished her class story, and never ever just stood around crafting. Observation: it will never ever be worth picking up nodes in the field after you leave the capital world, as they will always be "greyed out".