Darth Nox vs Mace Windu

PurpleDelirium

Curious of what others may think the outcome may be. Both are prepared for this fight, and it takes place on a force neutral planet. Both were aware of this potential encounter before hand and as such have made preparations.

Darth Nox will be represented as he was right after his vanilla class story.

Mace Windu WILL have use of Vaapad.

Who wins?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious of what others may think the outcome may be. Both are prepared for this fight, and it takes place on a force neutral planet. Both were aware of this potential encounter before hand and as such have made preparations.

Who wins?

Windu. Hands down.

Uh, Nox brings a Silencer? or an army?

OP did specify they could plan ahead.

Also we don't know how effective Vaapad is against esoteric force powers, this wouldn't be a clear cut fight.

In a fair fight, it is safe to say Windu would have an edge, but a member of the dark council, a master of the dark side, could hardly be expected to play fair.

Uh, Nox brings a Silencer? or an army?

OP did specify they could plan ahead.

Also we don't know how effective Vaapad is against esoteric force powers, this wouldn't be a clear cut fight.

In a fair fight, it is safe to say Windu would have an edge, but a member of the dark council, a master of the dark side, could hardly be expected to play fair.

Nox gets blitzed. We have no evidence that he can face someone who's as quick as Palpatine. Remember, in the movies what we're seeing isn't their true speed. This is both shown in the novels, the EU, and Lucas himself. Sidious was capable of moving so quickly most Jedi couldn't even follow his movements.

Realize that while Nox is a member of the Dark Council during the prequel movies that was the jedi council of their era and they were blitzed so fast they just couldn't even react. Kit Fisto who is a Lightsaber master, quick in his own right, and could easily walk circles around most opponents was able to block two attacks before going down. Plus it's not like Windu wasn't capable of extremely powerful force powers in his own right. Showing a complete mastery of shatterpoint (which allows him to see the weakness in attacks, armor, and even foresee all the outcomes a fight can take. Which means he'll be aware of what Nox is capable of and what he can do.) and push for a certain outcome and on top of that he has access to force crush which is a very powerful dark side power in it's own right.

There's also the fact that Windu, on top of his pure speed, has Vaapad which allows him to draw on the dark side of the user and reflect it back at them. Allowing himself to amplify himself on his enemies own power. There's more to.. Windu was one of the best lightsaber masters in the entire history of the Jedi order. Rivaled only by Sidious and Yoda.

Windu takes this one.

Edited by Rhyltran

I'm an agreement that Mace would win, I am just curious really to see how much of a challenge Nox would present in other peoples' eyes.

How about against someone like Kit Fisto?

That would be a very interesting fight. I think Nox might be able to win this one.

Edited by Rhyltran

Why Darth Nox?

Both the Jedi Knight and the Wrath are better duelists, IMO.

I wouldn't even call that an opinion, that's just straight 100% fact

I just started to make versus videos on yt and want to use Darth Nox specifically against a Rise of the Empire Era character. I do not want it to be a steam-roll on either side though, so I was thinking maybe Nox vs Fisto.

I knew Windu would win against Nox, but I was curious to see if others thought he'd at least have trouble with him.

I wouldn't even call that an opinion, that's just straight 100% fact

I just started to make versus videos on yt and want to use Darth Nox specifically against a Rise of the Empire Era character. I do not want it to be a steam-roll on either side though, so I was thinking maybe Nox vs Fisto.

I knew Windu would win against Nox, but I was curious to see if others thought he'd at least have trouble with him.

If you start your vs videos I would suggest some other matchup.

For 1 there aren't a lot of info on Nox, since she was only in 1 game so far. Also she's more of force combatant than a lightsaber duelist, while most in the PT era are duelist. Those in that era who can put up a good fight for Nox in a force combat are owning her as a duelist.

If you start your vs videos I would suggest some other matchup.

For 1 there aren't a lot of info on Nox, since she was only in 1 game so far. Also she's more of force combatant than a lightsaber duelist, while most in the PT era are duelist. Those in that era who can put up a good fight for Nox in a force combat are owning her as a duelist.

That's a pretty good point tbh. I don't mind the lack of info because I have done characters with less, but I agree with the pairing in regards to skill as duelist. Maybe I'll do vs emperor's wrath or something, idk

Vaapad allows the ability to draw on the Dark Side from the enemy- but could Window really deflect the power of Nox and all his ghosts? Surely there's a limit...

We don't even really know if Windu beat Sidious.

We know he beat Sidious in the lightsaber duel but he was going to lose against his force lightning in the novel. Even so he was genuinely holding it back but Sidious "relented" the moment he was going to lose it. That being said if he could stand that well against Sidious lightning there's no reason to assume he couldn't withstand nox. Nox's force lightning is never shown to be comparable to Sidious.

There's also no evidence Nox could withstand his pure speed. To be fair Windu's limit was the full power of Palpatine. Nox and his six ghosts don't compare.

Edited by Rhyltran

In all honesty we really don't know how Windu would Cope with Nox's Esoteric Powers

Say what you want about winning or losing the Saber duel with Palpatine - We know that Palpatine wasn't trying Flat out to Kill him straight away -

it was Clear that Sidious wasn't using all the means at his disposal to fight against Windu which as he demonstrated against Yoda would be a lot more usage of the Force in combination with the Saber skills to offset any advantages that Vaapad gave Windu and NOT JUST LIGHTNING.....

Hell' Windu had a lot of things go his way against Jango...... people don't take into account that Jango was not really able to use his main MO against Windu - Which is mobility (from the JetPack) and The ability to keep up a lot of pressure with 2 Blasters to pin down his foe (Obi Wan is the best blaster blocker of the Jedi - you saw how quickly he killed the other one with 1 blaster). You can even see just before he gets killed by Windu - Jango was attempting to use the jetpack but was unaware that it was broken - If Jango had his full mobility (And 2 Blasters) I am not saying he would have beaten Windu, but he could have put up a more impressive showing and maybe even have gotten away.

Windu doesn't steamroll people the way you seem to think he does - and Nox is No Mug.....

Windu would never get the kind of Vaapad boost from Nox that he did from Sidious

If Nox has things like Affliction, Force Slow, Force Barrier, Telekinetic Wave etc (and Windu has no Plot Armour Protection) then Nox can cause all sorts of Problems to Windu if he is actually using these things (and Nox is seen as a Prodigy as Noone has risen in power as Quickly before - Revan even said it - so I assume Nox would have to be a decent Tactician/Strategist) - we saw how Mother Talzin was able to easily hold her own against Windu with using her force powers as well as the duelling (which she looked actually pretty evenly matched with) - Windu would be the better duellist but Nox would be the Far More versatile Force user and the longer the fight goes on the more I would lean towards Nox

Edited by fellblade

In all honesty we really don't know how Windu would Cope with Nox's Esoteric Powers

Say what you want about winning or losing the Saber duel with Palpatine - We know that Palpatine wasn't trying Flat out to Kill him straight away -

it was Clear that Sidious wasn't using all the means at his disposal to fight against Windu which as he demonstrated against Yoda would be a lot more usage of the Force in combination with the Saber skills to offset any advantages that Vaapad gave Windu and NOT JUST LIGHTNING.....

Hell' Windu had a lot of things go his way against Jango...... people don't take into account that Jango was not really able to use his main MO against Windu - Which is mobility (from the JetPack) and The ability to keep up a lot of pressure with 2 Blasters to pin down his foe (Obi Wan is the best blaster blocker of the Jedi - you saw how quickly he killed the other one with 1 blaster). You can even see just before he gets killed by Windu - Jango was attempting to use the jetpack but was unaware that it was broken - If Jango had his full mobility (And 2 Blasters) I am not saying he would have beaten Windu, but he could have put up a more impressive showing and maybe even have gotten away.

Windu doesn't steamroll people the way you seem to think he does - and Nox is No Mug.....

Windu would never get the kind of Vaapad boost from Nox that he did from Sidious

If Nox has things like Affliction, Force Slow, Force Barrier, Telekinetic Wave etc (and Windu has no Plot Armour Protection) then Nox can cause all sorts of Problems to Windu if he is actually using these things (and Nox is seen as a Prodigy as Noone has risen in power as Quickly before - Revan even said it - so I assume Nox would have to be a decent Tactician/Strategist) - we saw how Mother Talzin was able to easily hold her own against Windu with using her force powers as well as the duelling (which she looked actually pretty evenly matched with) - Windu would be the better duellist but Nox would be the Far More versatile Force user and the longer the fight goes on the more I would lean towards Nox

Windu does steamroll people.

George Lucas comments on the matter: To take on someone like Palpatine you need to be Mace or Yoda..

He directly claimed that Windu could take Sidious on. Jango having his jetpack on or not wouldn't matter as Windu knows force crush. If he got really annoyed that would be that. Yeah, Talzin was able to hold her own against Windu because she was also able to hold her own against Sidious as well. Windu, Sidious, Yoda, and Talzin were the strongest of their era. Talzin also had a lot of esoteric abilities as well but she chose to engage him in swordplay. Likely because Windu wouldn't have given her an opportunity to use the other abilities she had at her disposal.

Windu isn't just a "Good duelist." He's the greatest Duelist in the history of the Jedi order. That means right now in the old republic? There's nobody as good as Windu in a lightsaber duel. He's not just better than Nox. He's better than the wrath. The jedi battlemaster. He created his style to specifically fight dark siders so he was well prepared when the sith returned. Something in his era most of the Jedi didn't do because the sith were extinct and given the vast knowledge of holocrons the Jedi had (both teaching how to fight them and the Sith holocrons themselves) Windu would be well versed in many of the other esoteric abilities. In fact, he knew how to interrupt Talzin's ritual.

Windu has.. Vaapad (something Nox has never seen), Shatterpoint, Force Crush, devastatingly powerful telekinesis, and more. Shatterpoint will allow Windu see the weaknesses in Nox's technique (as no one mastered it to the degree of mace) as well as all the different possible outcomes of their fight (meaning he'll have insight on what nox can do.) Another problem with abilities like force slow and the like is in canon they only work if you can overpower your opponent's defenses. The same with force drain. If the force user is around your "level of power" it doesn't really work.

Nox isn't even remotely in Sidious' league.

Also if you really must I'll pull up force users who have more esoteric abilities than the people they're fighting and still get crushed. Want a famous example? Kreia versus the Exile. Meetra Surik's skill and speed allowed her to overcome Kreia's superior knowledge of the force and win.

No one is calling Nox a mug. The problem you're comparing Nox (someone who's so powerful you only see one every few generations.) versus someone so powerful you only ever see a few times in history. Realize Windu having the accolade of being the best duelist in the jedi order is something special when you realize that Jedi in some form have been around for over 10,000 years and in well over 10,000 years it hasn't produced someone on the level of Mace's dueling capabilities.

Edited by Rhyltran

Who wins?

Nox 100%

Nox 100%

Any reason? From what I know Windu has much better feats and accolades than Nox, Nox is pretty much outclassed in every single major factor. As a duelist Mace beat Darth Sidious, was claimed as the only other Jedi/Sith able to take on Sidious apart from Yoda, is an equal of Darth Tyrannus the master of Makashi (a form specialized in dueling) and even created his own form of lightsaber combat. As a force user Mace has been shown to know force crush, using it against a fleeing Grievous who has been seen dodging force assaults, he knows shatterpoint allowing him to find weaknesses in a variety of mediums which include weapons, armour and even the path of a battle itself whether it be by detecting his foe's weaknesses or of those around him. Nox is also outclassed in speed as Windu has kept up with speed duelists like Sidious (a guy who blitzed 3 Council members of the golden age of the Jedi, all 3 being celebrated and outstanding swordsmen), although Mace was amped against Sidious however this isn't a detrimental factor as he is on par (maybe a bit slower or faster) with Dooku, someone who has challenged skilled duelists like Kenobi and Anakin at the same time.

So really imo Windu is undeniably the greater duelist, can hold his own in a force contest and is faster than Nox. All of this put together points towards Windu beating Nox.

Darkside Nox cannot die, due to the Sith Lords spirits he/she has in him/her. Well, he/she can die, but will come back to life I mean. The only way to kill him/her to the point he/she stays dead, is to purge the spirits first. The spirits also feed off of force attacks, protecting Nox against them( Thanaton fight in the council chambers.) I think taking down Darth Nox, would have to be a team effort, because he/she would have to be captured, since he/she cannot die.

Even if Windu is a superior duelist, he would eventually become tired from killing Nox over and over. Nox also has the power to leech a persons life force, weakening them substantially while making him/her stronger the longer Windu fought them. I'm just saying to beat Nox, Windu would have to rely on more than his saber skills...alot more.

Edited by cool-dude

Darkside Nox cannot die, due to the Sith Lords spirits he/she has in him/her. Well, he/she can die, but will come back to life I mean. The only way to kill him/her to the point he/she stays dead, is to purge the spirits first. The spirits also feed off of force attacks, protecting Nox against them( Thanaton fight in the council chambers.) I think taking down Darth Nox, would have to be a team effort, because he/she would have to be captured, since he/she cannot die.

Even if Windu is a superior duelist, he would eventually become tired from killing Nox over and over. Nox also has the power to leech a persons life force, weakening them substantially while making him/her stronger the longer Windu fought them. I'm just saying to beat Nox, Windu would have to rely on more than his saber skills.

Decapitation probably would kill Nox. It's enough to kill most immortals. Drahg also couldn't die because he was linked to the Entity (a force ghost). Wrath ended him with a decapitation. Clever ploy by Baras too. She also couldn't be freed until his life stopped functioning but her life force was sustaining him. Theoretically as long as Drahg lived the entity could not be freed. Truth is Nox had to take Thanaton seriously and it's because while he was harder to kill he wasn't invincible. Thanaton would make sure if he defeated Nox again that he wouldn't come back.

If I re-call it was also a few weeks for Nox to come back. Enough time for Windu to put him in a stasis (if he truly could come back from decapitation), have someone exercise the spirits (Jedi do know how to exercise and remove spirits. Spirits can also be destroyed by powerful force users. Such as when Exar Kun did it.), or dump him in some pit of lava leaving nothing to come back with. Which is what Cade Skywalker did to Krayt.

Edited by Rhyltran

There is probably a limit to how much damage Nox can take before the ghosts simply can't revive Nox anymore. That said, even if they can revive Nox from any injury no matter how severe there are ways to deal with him. Mace could simply cut Nox into pieces and then use the force to scatter them to the far corners of whatever planet they're on, or better yet scatter some pieces to the far corners of the planet then take the rest with him on a ship, hyperspace a few dozen lightyears and launch the rest into deep space.

The ghosts don't make Nox invincible no matter how much fanboys want to think he is, and I stand by my earlier statement: I believe a "lightside Darth Imperious would put up a better fight then a darkside Darth Nox.