Darth Traya in Rebels Season 3.

Zestulthegamer

So, to those who haven't kept up with Rebels. (I don't entirely blame you.) You may have missed the flood of KOTOR references and easter eggs flung into the episodes of late.

- Mandalore the Ultimate during Admiral Thrawns art scene.

- KOTOR ships and vehicles making their way into Rebel hands.

- Sith Holocrons, and the Sith Temple on Malachor.

In the final episode of Season 2 the gang makes their way to the Sith Temple on Malachor in search for knowledge to help against the Sith and all that nonsense. This is where Vader and Ashoka have their duel, and where the final inquisitors get killed off.

It's also where Ezra stumbles upon the Sith Holocron, and a supposed Sith super weapon that was possibly on par with the Death Star. When coming close to these a voice spoke, a female Sith Lord speaking to Ezra asking if he wanted to use this super weapon that would wipe out a majority of life in the galaxy.

The voice actress for this Sith Lord was the same actress as Asaj Ventress, however after an interview with Dave Filoni he came out to say it is not ventress and is indeed an ancient sith lord, whose name he is not allowed to speak of yet.

In the season 3 trailer for rebels you get to see a ghostly spirit, with the same voice actress of this Sith Lord, and for a small second you can see her face. She has an old wrinkly face with two long braids that fall down her shoulders, she looks IDENTICAL to Darth Traya.

Why do I think it is Traya? Well for starters, can you name me any other ancient female Sith Lords with a major presence on Malachor? Not to mention, the spew of KOTOR easter eggs and references.

AND Dave Filoni himself stating he was a fan of the KOTOR timeline, as well as having plans for Revan and Darth Bane cameos in the clonewars episode Shadow of Mortis, even having their models and the scene filmed, before scrapping the idea.

I think this also supports the rumors that Filoni is working on a Revan animated series to bring KOTOR into new canon.

Yeah so Disney includes Thrawn in the animation saga and puts forward EU and then turn around obliterates EU and puts out "awakens" and throws out 20+ year of the novels. No dam consistency. Disney should have just stuck with animations rehashing what Lucas did is so unoriginal and unimaginative:

Rey is new Luke

Finn is new Han

Poe is new Wedge

Kylo Ren is new Vader

BB8 is new R2D2

Luke is new Yoda

etc etc etc

Lucas's work is relevant and so are the 20+ years of Novels and Disney's " are not the movies your looking for!" that being said

Han shot first

Han doesn't die

Chewie does but he gets killed by a moon

Rogue Squadron

Wraith Squadron

Voort saBinring, or "Piggy" Gamorrean Pilot of wraith squadron

Han and Leia had twins Jainia and Jacen and later Anikin

Luke marries Mara Jade have Ben Skywalker

Jacen does eventually Turn to Darth Caedus

Jainia Kills Jacen

Yuuzhan Vong War

Legacy of the Force

Fate of the Jedi

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Wraith and Rogue Squadron was awesome.

As for Revan, yeah he kind of is a Mary Sue in the videogame, but so was Master Chief and Commander Shepard. It's the nature of being a videogame character.

Revan's flaw was his attachments, that was established in the book. When Scourge betrayed him and the Exile Meetra Surik he was paralyzed and captured. Revan even states that this was his flaw all along when you meet his force ghost in the expansion.

He was also insane in the expansion, and obsessed, both of which can be construed as flaws.

~ Eudoxia

Wraith and Rogue Squadron was awesome.

As for Revan, yeah he kind of is a Mary Sue in the videogame, but so was Master Chief and Commander Shepard. It's the nature of being a videogame character.

Revan's flaw was his attachments, that was established in the book. When Scourge betrayed him and the Exile Meetra Surik he was paralyzed and captured. Revan even states that this was his flaw all along when you meet his force ghost in the expansion.

He was also insane in the expansion, and obsessed, both of which can be construed as flaws.

~ Eudoxia

Outside of the new canon completely ripping apart Bariss Offee's story like it wasn't even funny, throwing out Wraith Squadron REALLY pissed me off.

OMG, please for all that is holy give Revan a rest. NO MORE REVAN. It's been 3600 years or something

As much as i love Revan's story i agree with this. Seeing Darth Bane in CW was something logical due to Yoda entering his tomb(and EU lore stating that spirits of old sith lords still remain in their tombs to trick whoever that passed) but with Rebels i felt that Malachor, the kotor ships and such were there just for fanservice and not really part of the story. (The sith temple could have been anywhere and still work) Bringing an iconic character just for fanservice just doesnt feel right.

OT: Yeah it might be Traya tho Dave numerous times said its a new character so my take its that it is a new version of Traya but diferent, just like ben solo is the new jacen solo.

Edited by AlNick

keep in mind that SW Rebels is canon, so any KOTOR or SWTOR character appearances in the show would mean that character would become canon

Remember though, just because a previously EU/Legends character becomes canon, doesn't mean that the stories involving them become canonised as well i.e. Grand Admiral Thrawn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the chances of SW Rebels going for Revan are "at least" real at this point.

They already hinted some stuff that comes from the Old Republic so there's a chance more stuff will become canon.

Kanan confirmed that the Mandalorian Wars happened and the whole setting, ruins, scorched jedis and arch in Malachor kinda looked like "Disney version" of the events in Malachor V from KOTOR2.

They already brought Thrawn from Legends being a fan favourite, so there's great chances they could bring stuff from the old republic back to canon.....and if they are after fans favourite, they won't just let Revan go imho.

Well the chances of SW Rebels going for Revan are "at least" real at this point.

They already hinted some stuff that comes from the Old Republic so there's a chance more stuff will become canon.

Kanan confirmed that the Mandalorian Wars happened and the whole setting, ruins, scorched jedis and arch in Malachor kinda looked like "Disney version" of the events in Malachor V from KOTOR2.

They already brought Thrawn from Legends being a fan favourite, so there's great chances they could bring stuff from the old republic back to canon.....and if they are after fans favourite, they won't just let Revan go imho.

Yyyyeah I have to agree, especially with that deleted scene from TCW.

Hmm, its looking like this is going to be the last season of Rebels, and I'm skeptical that they'll be fitting Revan in in what is left of the season.

and Kanan did not confirm the Mandalorian Wars, only that there was a war between Jedi and Mandalorians, which is not the same thing at all. I'd love it if they did canonize it but until we find out more details, we got nothing really.

Fingers crossed for whatever comes after Rebels though.

Really? any source on this being the last rebel season?

Just did some digging and it looks like there is going to be a fourth season:

In an interview with Dash Star, Freddie Prinze Jr., confirmed that Season 4 is in the works, and they are doing voice recording for the second episode of that season

Not super official but there you have it.

As for rumours of a new show, mostly stem from the fact Filoni was promoted to being the head of all Star Wars animated seires, which is just Rebels atm. Wouldn't make much sense to do that with only 1 show.