Uprisings Overview Livestream

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Tomorrow will be our overview of Uprisings, new 4-player content coming in Eternal Throne! Tune in at 4pm Central (2PM Pacific / 10PM BST) on our twitch channel. Here are the details:

When: Thursday, October 27th

When: 4pm Central (2PM Pacific / 10PM BST)

Where: https://www.twitch.tv/swtor

Ben, Charles, and I will see you there!

-eric

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please focus some time on the comparative difficulty of Master and NiM/HM group content.

There are many players looking for challenging content that rewards their efforts. There are even more players who have no idea what their potential is or if they like NiM/Master content as there has been no real incentive to do so for a long time.

Most long term subscribers are interested in how Devs are planning to support the MMOey aspects of the game.

If it is like tacticals... Random 4 man mosh pits that can be completed irregardless of having 4 heals or 4 tanks, then it doesn't qualify IMO. 4 man content you independently play without much challenge and have little to no reason to work with the other players, is not what we need more of.

(a bit off-topic but that would probably accurately describe 4 man unranked arenas... And will likely be a much larger percentage of ranked arenas considering the gear and que changes)

The guild i run with, a good number of them are skeptical of the new GC, mostly they think that it will mean that there will be no reason for F2P and Pref. players to stick around now that half of what they had has disappeared into sub only group content in addition to the RNG gear box from the GC. And those that stick around for raiding alone will eventually start dropping out as the whole thing gets boring after a while.

I have been supportive of Bioware and their actions for years now, but this latest change i honestly do not know how it will all work out, more information on what F2P and Pref. players can get and hopefully a little more compromise for these groups.

i am all for the sub model being the way it is, but removing some of what a f2p or a pref. player can experience by enticing them to go subscriber, like joining a guild and raiding, doing some pvp and so on, without that enticement what is keeping these players on the game exactly?

As it is right now, i am actually looking more forward to ME:A's announcement stuff in a week and bit from now on N7 day and knowing what kind of game it is more than i am looking forward to KotET.

Anyway, i just hope Bioware does not neglect their player base on SWTOR and that they have some plans to compromise a bit besides the uprisings overview.

Please focus some time on the comparative difficulty of Master and NiM/HM group content.

Agreed. So far, the devs referred to Uprisings as short solo content but I hope that MM will require a trinity group and be tuned similar to the more difficult HM FPs. Else, it'll be just like SF and TEC - run through it until you get all ACMs and loot drops, then never again.

Edited by Jerba

I've run out of useful things to say on the first reply of the thread. :p

Probably gonna forget to watch it again.

lol i dont get how u can be the first one, but anyway, what can you reply to this, after 2 years they bring 4man content, which probably will be soloable when you get your top gear, with your rank 50 companion.

I hope you will share information about whether I need to do certain amount of Kotet chapters to complete uprisings(or is lvl 70 enough?). Also, I have alts that did 9 chapters in Kotfe for odessen access and then I stopped. Can I start Kotet with these characters without completing Kotfe?

As much criticism as the 5.0 news is getting (for good reason), I'm kind of interested to see what these have to offer. If it wasn't for these it would be very unlikely I would have even logged into the game for 5.0. If these turn out to be anything like Star Fortress this will be a very short month subbed for me.

There hasn't been a single bit of challenging content put into this game in almost two years. That length of time is unheard of in MMOs that are being actively developed. Hopefully you get the difficulty of Master mode right, because this is long, long overdue. Anything less is too little, too late.

Edit: Also, Master mode should require a group. You should not be able to solo/be carried by companion(s) in Master.

Edited by kvandertulip

will this require 4 players, does anyone know if it's been said? or will 2 players and 2 companions do it

They said it was for up to 4 players, so it can be fewer. Whether companions are allowed inside at all is unknown at this time afaik.

Hey folks,

Tomorrow will be our overview of Uprisings, new 4-player content coming in Eternal Throne! Tune in at 4pm Central (2PM Pacific / 10PM BST) on our twitch channel. Here are the details:

When: Thursday, October 27th

When: 4pm Central (2PM Pacific / 10PM BST)

Where: https://www.twitch.tv/swtor

Ben, Charles, and I will see you there!

-eric

See you at 5pm (EST) Eric. I enjoyed the last livestream cause I was a part of it and you guys answered my question and I enjoyed that so if I am going to be in this one too.

See you at 5pm (EST) Eric. I enjoyed the last livestream cause I was a part of it and you guys answered my question and I enjoyed that so if I am going to be in this one too.

Just so everyone has the time in your area (this is US only I'm not sure any EU times)

• 2pm Pacific
  • 3pm Mountain
  • 4pm Central
  • 5pm Eastern

Edited by DarthEnrique

Big question only sparsely touched upon at all during the livestream: what happened to solo mode? You mentioned you wanted to focus on multiplayer for a sentence or two. So, why did you guys abandon solo players?

Hopefully they will include solo mode later. I was looking forward to content for multiple companions.

My guess is they were trying to make a solo mode where you could bring up to 3 companions, but the companions kept bugging out.

You're probably right, considering how often a single companion bugs out in the normal game ;) I just wish they'd said something substantive about it-- "We've run into some technical difficulties, but we're working on bringing you a solo mode." The way they handled it during the livestream didn't exactly make this solo player feel welcome-- or excited either.

Then again, that's Bioware communication for you :rak_01:

Not that it matters for anyone but Arizona, but the US is still on DST - the time codes should be xDT, not xST.

(And anyone in AZ probably knows they're Pacific Time for the next couple of weeks)

/pedant

No, we Arizonans are [always] on MST...the West Coast is currently on PDT=MST for a few more weeks :)

This looks awful not from a gameplay standpoint but from a performance standpoint. I run swtor on a pretty low end system and often times struggle with fps drops or things not loading properly but am still able to play pretty much all the content aside from warzones which are unplayable for me once you get to the highest tier and people are spamming all the aoe and stuff. It seems like this will seriously lag my system and even on tactical mode I will die by standing in aoe not because I'm bad but because I will have single digit fps.

Please tell me this is optimized or has been tested on all types of systems because I'm not optimistic when you guys have a professional dev stream and even in those videos you got insane fps drops and hitches. Why would I want to play uprisings at all if it is a slideshow. You could have made normal flashpoints just without the cutscenes you can already do most tactical fp in 20 or less if you spacebar and they all have bosses without crazy aoe or tons of mob spawns and they work just fine. I really hope not every uprising is like the one you showed on stream and that you take performance into account.

Big question only sparsely touched upon at all during the livestream: what happened to solo mode? You mentioned you wanted to focus on multiplayer for a sentence or two. So, why did you guys abandon solo players?

They haven't. Do you feel like there is a lack of solo content in SWTOR lately? There isn't. This past year has been nothing but solo story.

There absolutely needs to be content in the game that requires you to group with other players to do. This is it. Content that requires you to group drives the social interaction and guild activity that keeps people playing MMOs. Without it guilds die and players leave (this has been happening throughout 4.0 on every server).

Edited by kvandertulip

They haven't. Do you feel like there is a lack of solo content in SWTOR lately? There isn't. This past year has been nothing but solo story.

There absolutely needs to be content in the game that requires you to group with other players to do. This is it. Content that requires you to group drives the social interaction and guild activity that keeps people playing MMOs. Without it guilds die and players leave (this has been happening throughout 4.0 on every server).

Are you actually serious with this post? Bioware originally advertised Uprisings with a solo mode. Suddenly it's gone. I don't think it's too much to ask why, especially when this has an impact on my ability to enjoy content in this game. Not that this looks particularly enjoyable, but that's a different issue.

And, yes, if you look at the impact that level sync has had on flashpoints, there is a marked reduction in soloable content in this game.

I could have sworn they mentioned it in stream. But may be it was scrapped