changes to crew skills

SithLordUther

So after being off for a few due to medical issues, i finally get the chance to start playing again. Only to find that all the work that took me YEARS on a few crafting skills have been changed? Now i have spent a lot of real money on this game only to get told that i guess i have to start over on a new skill just to craft the items i need ? *** is with this BS. I guess you don't care about your players spending years maxing out skills or you would have not changed them. or would at lease compensate for the HUGH LOSS. now cyberttech is nothing that is was and a have to learn 2 new skills to get the items that i could already make? Edited by SithLordUther
addition

So after being off for a few due to medical issues, i finally get the chance to start playing again. Only to find that all the work that took me YEARS on a few crafting skills have been changed? Now i have spent a lot of real money on this game only to get told that i guess i have to start over on a new skill just to craft the items i need ? *** is with this BS. I guess you don't care about your players spending years maxing out skills or you would have not changed them. or would at lease compensate for the HUGH LOSS. now cyberttech is nothing that is was and a have to learn 2 new skills to get the items that i could already make?

OK so you have a cybertech and you lost the ability to craft armorings...but you gained the ability to craft enhancements.

I have just returned to the game as well and found that I no longer have any Purple schematics on my Armourmech and everything other than Orange schematics was listed Archive

Will need to check my Cybertech as he could make purple mods but if that has changed as well will need to do some grinding

I have just returned to the game as well and found that I no longer have any Purple schematics on my Armourmech and everything other than Orange schematics was listed Archive

Will need to check my Cybertech as he could make purple mods but if that has changed as well will need to do some grinding

Due to several factors...

• consolidation of main stats into mastery
  • consolidation of surge functionality into critical rating
  • shield rating being shifted to tertiary stat status
  • removal of green/premium quality trained schematics
  • consolidation of reverse engineering paths
  • redistribution of crafted items (CT lost armorings AM and SW got the armorings [one got resistive {tank}] the other got versatile {dps/heals}])
  • and more that I am surely forgetting

It was deemed most appropriate to move old schematics into an "archive", however some schematics were also removed entirely (primarily because that crafting skill no longer crafts those items [i.e. armoring schematics were removed from CT because they now belong to AM and SW; and enhancement schematics were removed from Art because they now belong to CT]). If for some reason you want to craft an old armor piece you still can as it should be in the archive. However from a stat distribution point of view the new armor piece of the same rating is going to be better stats.

Due to several factors...

• consolidation of main stats into mastery
  • consolidation of surge functionality into critical rating
  • shield rating being shifted to tertiary stat status
  • removal of green/premium quality trained schematics
  • consolidation of reverse engineering paths
  • redistribution of crafted items (CT lost armorings AM and SW got the armorings [one got resistive {tank}] the other got versatile {dps/heals}])
  • and more that I am surely forgetting

It was deemed most appropriate to move old schematics into an "archive", however some schematics were also removed entirely (primarily because that crafting skill no longer crafts those items [i.e. armoring schematics were removed from CT because they now belong to AM and SW; and enhancement schematics were removed from Art because they now belong to CT]). If for some reason you want to craft an old armor piece you still can as it should be in the archive. However from a stat distribution point of view the new armor piece of the same rating is going to be better stats.

Many thanks

I have checked my Cybertech and he can still make purple Mods.

Just a quick question with the new armour can you reverse engineer it in to a purple version its not an issue would just not like to start grinding just to find there was no point

Again many thanks

Many thanks

I have checked my Cybertech and he can still make purple Mods.

Just a quick question with the new armour can you reverse engineer it in to a purple version its not an issue would just not like to start grinding just to find there was no point

Again many thanks

All trained schematics that start out blue can be REed into purple:

rating 200 (requires blue mission skill materials) 60% RE chance --> 208 (requires blue and purple mission skill materials)

rating 212 (requires Exotic Isotope Stabilizer) 100% RE chance --> 216 (requires EIS and Strategic Resource Matrix) 100% RE chance --> 220 (requires EIS and SRM)

Edited by psandak

All trained schematics that start out blue can be REed into purple:

rating 200 (requires blue mission skill materials) 60% RE chance --> 208 (requires blue and purple mission skill materials)

rating 212 (requires Exotic Isotope Stabilizer) 100% RE chance --> 216 (requires EIS and Strategic Resource Matrix) 100% RE chance --> 220 (requires EIS and SRM)

Many thanks

I have a question on changed crew skills;

Do biochemists still make themselves a bottomless re-usable stim? Or is that perk long gone?

Long gone...

With SoR (aka 3.x) they removed reusables from the top tier.

With KOTFE (aka 4.x) they removed ALL reusables. The purple stims last for 8 hours.