does the Arcann romance go anywhere

my warrior doesnt know to stick to one person lol, married Quinn then killed him later, started a romance with Theron then killed him, started one with Arcann but nothing has happened since the once scene. i just got back into the game and found that you can romance Jaesa and i sort of want to do that, but no one else but this character has romanced Arcann, and i dont want to start another sith warrior to see what happens with Jaesa.

So has anyone seen anything else happen with Arcann recently that i didnt notice or hear anything that might happen? If not i might Leave him for Jaesa (maby kill him later like the other 2 lol)

Nada thus far. I don't expect them to maintain it any better than they did with ONS from vanilla though, he was the big baddie of an expansion and I'm sure if he received any further development, it would be the base minimum as opposed to what we'd see with characters like Lana, Vette, or even Theron. While I find the idea of romancing him to be horrid, I'd hate for BioWare to not follow up for those few who chose to engage.

In addition to the first conversation (where you start the romance), he gets a short scene with some romance-specific dialogue when you do the Nathema Conspiracy and there is a (beautifully written) letter from him afterwards. So far, that's it.

I'm hopeful that there will eventually be more, considering that: 1. His romance has so much potential given your history with him and the development he's been through. 2. most of the romances reach some sort of conclusion (like engagement or marriage) and his is still very far from that point. I think they know now that bricking companions, especially LIs (like Koth), doesn't go over well with most players. I choose to believe they'll listen to us on that.

Some sort of confirmation that my faith is not misplaced would make me insanely happy, of course (hint hint, if anyone's reading!) - I don't expect much, but a confirmation that there will be something more (even just a letter) at some unspecified time in the future would do a lot to ensure my continued subscription. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same about their favourite LIs.

In addition to the first conversation (where you start the romance), he gets a short scene with some romance-specific dialogue when you do the Nathema Conspiracy and there is a (beautifully written) letter from him afterwards. So far, that's it.

I'm hopeful that there will eventually be more, considering that: 1. His romance has so much potential given your history with him and the development he's been through. 2. most of the romances reach some sort of conclusion (like engagement or marriage) and his is still very far from that point. I think they know now that bricking companions, especially LIs (like Koth), doesn't go over well with most players. I choose to believe they'll listen to us on that.

Some sort of confirmation that my faith is not misplaced would make me insanely happy, of course (hint hint, if anyone's reading!) - I don't expect much, but a confirmation that there will be something more (even just a letter) at some unspecified time in the future would do a lot to ensure my continued subscription. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same about their favourite LIs.

At this point I am honestly not even satisfied with 'just a letter' for most of my LI's and wont be happy until there is confirmation of them getting actual content. Sadly I wont hold my breath on this after waiting for so long now for some. Even the later reunions have been total lack lusters even though they have been fully aware of our displeasure at many reunions previously.

I mean would I like some letters? Sure but not JUST letters, even that wont cut it after so long of so many being ignored.

• 3 weeks later...

To be fair, the romance is for all intents and purposes "new" in terms of where we are in content releases, and most of the time none of them get anything significant in content updates until expansions unless their character is being utilized for something else and they can throw something in. I am hoping Arcann will be expanded on both as a character and as a love interest. I am pretty sure the dev's know that what they provided with Arcann was very small, and I don't know that they would have added the option to romance him to the point where it ends previous romances if they didn't have plans for him in the future, and would have just made him a flirt/fling.

I don't see Arcann being in the same boat as vanilla-SWTOR romances, because he is a newer character with a lot more relevance to the story, and they seem to be focusing on those characters. He is a popular character and was an extremely highly requested love interest so I do think they will continue with him at some point, and if not then it would be a huge waste of a character because he has such a huge amount of potential to grow and develop, where as many of the other main characters seem to have kind of reached where and who they will always most likely be. As it stands right now, for male love interests Theron Shan is still and probably will remain the biggest one because of his role in the alliance, but I can see them giving the Zakuulan characters much larger roles to play in the future. Everyone loves a good redemption arc.

If not, I hope the devs provide ways to "re-connect" and "rekindle" a previous romance so people who romanced characters that won't be going anywhere won't be stuck with a retired/decomissioned character as a LI lol. This would probably be a good thing to add, even if they do intend to do more with them, anyway.

Edited by Jesira

Does any romance go anywhere? They just went overboard with this...With whoever you talk,there's flirt option somewhere in there and I just roll my eyes. Because of this, how can any romance go anywhere ?

Does any romance go anywhere? They just went overboard with this...With whoever you talk,there's flirt option somewhere in there and I just roll my eyes. Because of this, how can any romance go anywhere ?

Well not all flirts culminate into a romance. Jace, Satele, Acina for eg.

Arcanns actually did lock in a romance through and it hasn't been going for long, doubt that they are done with it yet! Theres only been a couple of flashpoints and Ossus pretty much as far as story goes since the Arcann romance begun. So for now theres two scenes and an email kicking off Arcanns romance.

He is a popular character and was an extremely highly requested love interest so I do think they will continue with him at some point, and if not then it would be a huge waste of a character because he has such a huge amount of potential to grow and develop, where as many of the other main characters seem to have kind of reached where and who they will always most likely be.

Not sure how popular he really is, since this forum is pretty dead compared to how it used to be and the romance threads happen to share the same traffic regarding who posts and discussions on the storyline that wasn't a big hit. He's a disaster of a character and not alike tragic villains who have eventual redemption like Vader or Revan (pre-Swtor). The romance was shoe-horned in so hard it basically spoke for how sad the writing got post-launch. I personally find him repulsive (clearly) and equally so with Vaylin though she's been requested to be brought back as an option since we were pigeon holed into being stuck with the newer cast for a while.

As it stands right now, for male love interests Theron Shan is still and probably will remain the biggest one because of his role in the alliance, but I can see them giving the Zakuulan characters much larger roles to play in the future. Everyone loves a good redemption arc.

Eh. Theron remains the best BECAUSE they forced that imo. He's the most developed, been through the most with our characters, especially in recent years and he has dynamics that are unmatched by other males. I'd rather they push Theron they same way they pushed Lana than see anything for Arcaan, that romance was built on straws and redemption is not possible in my eyes as opposed to say, what Quinn did. We're talking billions of lives, dozens of planets and 5 years of your life here.

If not, I hope the devs provide ways to "re-connect" and "rekindle" a previous romance so people who romanced characters that won't be going anywhere won't be stuck with a retired/decomissioned character as a LI lol. This would probably be a good thing to add, even if they do intend to do more with them, anyway.

Yeah, I'd like for various ways to bring romances back into the fold, even if minor things for now like mail or flavor text to the comp UI for them.

Not sure how popular he really is, since this forum is pretty dead compared to how it used to be and the romance threads happen to share the same traffic regarding who posts and discussions on the storyline that wasn't a big hit. He's a disaster of a character and not alike tragic villains who have eventual redemption like Vader or Revan (pre-Swtor). The romance was shoe-horned in so hard it basically spoke for how sad the writing got post-launch. I personally find him repulsive (clearly) and equally so with Vaylin though she's been requested to be brought back as an option since we were pigeon holed into being stuck with the newer cast for a while.

His romance was included due to popular demand, I see a lot of people who have him as their active companion on my server, and threads regularly pop up asking for more content with him. There's no reason at all to assume he's not popular.

Personally, I couldn't disagree more with your opinion of him. Arcann is a deeply tragic character. He is the son of an eldritch horror and grew up in an extremely abusive environment; as a child and a young man, he was constantly pushed towards a breaking point. I feel a lot of sympathy for him and his reasons for falling to the Dark Side - more so than either Anakin or Revan. His redemption arc was rushed, yes, but so was pretty much everything else at that point, since they cut so much content from the Chapters. All the more reason to give him some more content now. It's not too late to explore how he's coming to terms with his past actions and who he is now.

I have nothing against Theron, but I personally find him a bit bland. I also feel like he's had so much content already (including content outside of the game; comics, books) that there isn't that much left to explore - unlike for Arcann whose romance really calls for more development. I'll take the drama and tragedy of Arcann over him any day. I do agree with you (if I understood you correctly) that it would be better to have one or a few characters who are fully developed than one meaningless line here and there from the current large cast of characters.

Generally, I wish we could avoid these silly "shipping wars" on the forums where people bash each other's favourite companions or try to push the idea that they're not popular (and therefore not worth developing). Perhaps we could all just agree that more story would be great - even if it isn't for our personal favourites?

His romance was included due to popular demand, I see a lot of people who have him as their active companion on my server, and threads regularly pop up asking for more content with him. There's no reason at all to assume he's not popular.

Personally, I couldn't disagree more with your opinion of him. Arcann is a deeply tragic character. He is the son of an eldritch horror and grew up in an extremely abusive environment; as a child and a young man, he was constantly pushed towards a breaking point. I feel a lot of sympathy for him and his reasons for falling to the Dark Side - more so than either Anakin or Revan. His redemption arc was rushed, yes, but so was pretty much everything else at that point, since they cut so much content from the Chapters. All the more reason to give him some more content now. It's not too late to explore how he's coming to terms with his past actions and who he is now.

I have nothing against Theron, but I personally find him a bit bland. I also feel like he's had so much content already (including content outside of the game; comics, books) that there isn't that much left to explore - unlike for Arcann whose romance really calls for more development. I'll take the drama and tragedy of Arcann over him any day. I do agree with you (if I understood you correctly) that it would be better to have one or a few characters who are fully developed than one meaningless line here and there from the current large cast of characters.

Generally, I wish we could avoid these silly "shipping wars" on the forums where people bash each other's favourite companions or try to push the idea that they're not popular (and therefore not worth developing). Perhaps we could all just agree that more story would be great - even if it isn't for our personal favourites?

The biggest reason for Theron both in and out of game content-- and a big reason for his popularity is because he is a Shan.

Personally I love the ongoing saga of the Shan line from Bastila to Satele to Theron and so on. His family line is a big reason why I romanced him to begin with -- his character and content is why I have done so on multiple characters. Without Theron I would have quit a long time ago.

So long as they keep adding Theron I will keep playing, as much as I would also like to see more of my other fav romances and romances like Arcanns that I'd love to do, but see no point on investing the time until it gets more content.

There would certainly be yet another Arcann running around from time to time if they do!

Edited by Suzsi

I really hope they add more content to the Arcann romance.

He´s the only same gender romance that actually feels interesting.

Theron and Lana seem a bit bland to me, I like them but the romance just wasn´t interesting enough.

And they have enough content already, other companions/characters should get more screentime :)

Yeah I understand some people might not like him, but I have no doubt that he is extremely popular because I also see people using him all over the place, all the time and both the request thread, and the other thread for him are massive compared to the others for other characters, there is very little to say about Arcann right now since the story has centered so much on Theron in the last few updates.

I see Arcann as a character who was very tormented, and lived a very weird life, I don't believe he understands the galaxy or life outside of Zakuul and being a Prince. He spent his whole life being made into a weapon and the only love he ever knew was for an abusive father, and his sister who was mentally deranged, I think the cinematic really does a good job telling the story, killing his brother always came off as an accidental reaction concluding the process of what their father was molding him into. Had their father listened to Senya, they may have turned out to be very different people. None of it is really an "excuse" for the things he did, but he did what he did without knowing anything else. The whole point of a redemption arc is that we see the character push forward to try, even if they can never truly achieve it, there are stories where the character will never be fully "redeemed" for their bad deeds, but they try anyway even knowing that. I think Arcann changing and wanting to work to redeem himself was just the end of the beginning of his story.

On a side note, back to the part where I see people using the character all the time. I hope they add more customizations for him with different outfits, or allow us to equip the items we want on him so I don't see so many clone Arcann's running around lol

Edited by Jesira

• 2 years later...

That's my issue too! Sorry it was not a solution...My Character a Female Sith Marauder Tough decisions but not raw Dark Side.

I "happily" ran my sword threw Koth. So I was no Lamb! I had no idea the chance for a relationship with Arcann was even going to happen! His deep voice is terribly sexy if I may add, But his heartfelt sorrow was very believable to me too...There was one Flirt option when he gave me the Armor Gift!!! I seemed to loose my 1 chance to confirm we had something...Came and went. I had him come with me on Missions and He keeps saying "What am I to you? Things like that But no conversations or alone time was given. I Gifted him so many times but nothing came of it...I tried to see if I could reset anything I just do not know how...I want that Kiss that I saw on a Video on Y Tube.. Any Help from other Fans?

That's my issue too! Sorry it was not a solution...My Character a Female Sith Marauder Tough decisions but not raw Dark Side.

I "happily" ran my sword threw Koth. So I was no Lamb! I had no idea the chance for a relationship with Arcann was even going to happen! His deep voice is terribly sexy if I may add, But his heartfelt sorrow was very believable to me too...There was one Flirt option when he gave me the Armor Gift!!! I seemed to loose my 1 chance to confirm we had something...Came and went. I had him come with me on Missions and He keeps saying "What am I to you? Things like that But no conversations or alone time was given. I Gifted him so many times but nothing came of it...I tried to see if I could reset anything I just do not know how...I want that Kiss that I saw on a Video on Y Tube.. Any Help from other Fans?

The romance starts if you flirt with him during his conversation where he gifts you armor. IIRC, you have a few answers, it's been a few years since I ran it, but when he gives the armor you can:

1)Positive Thank You

2)Positive Thank You (Flirt) - and the flirt option starts the romance with a warning popup to proceed with the romance, I think most recent romances include a warning/popup

3)A snarky option?

I don't recall specifically how it went...but...

If you didn't take the flirt option, you've missed out on the romance.

Edited by absolutetristan