SWTOR Deserves A Revival: More Funding, Resources and Manpower

Ylliarus

So you are saying that Dulfy was never and influencer?

I pretty sure she never was one, all the influencers announce they were influencers when the program was first announce, dulfy had made no mention of once being an influencer to my knowledge. Even look again just to make sure, didn't find anything, so to my knowledge there is no evidence of her being a influencer

Edited by commanderwar

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty sure she never was one, all the influencers announce they were influencers when the program was first announce, dulfy had made no mention of once being an influencer to my knowledge. Even look again just to make sure, didn't find anything, so to my knowledge there is no evidence of her being a influencer

I’m sure she was, but I’ve been wrong in the past, so I’ll take what you say at face value.

So that this thread doesn't entirely derail, I've made a specific thread wherein the discussion of the Influencers and the level of communication they get can be further discussed: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=960984

Because I do think it's something that should be discussed, now that we have been told there is a special hidden forum out there just for the Influencers.

I wrote an essay over there for you. I hope it’s not toooooo long :D

• Podcasts: The Bad Feeling Podcast, OotiniCast, SWTOR Escape Pod Cast, State of the Old Republic, The Usual Podcast (all but two newer ones)
  • Video/Youtube: me, SWTOR Central, Kid Lee, Boomy
  • Fansites: Vulkk.com, mmobits.com
  • Streamers from twitch.tv (I don't have a good list sorry, maybe they will chime in here)

Hi everyone, Boomy here. I just wanted to echo everything that was said in this post about us (Influencers), and just wanted to add the fellow influencers who also stream: (That I am aware of)

kogass

BoomyNation (Me - Sometimes lol)

Kid Lee

Aviriia

Sechari

I would say that we all hit some of the major points in this amazing community, even though our separate communities are more like subsections of the whole. Check any one of us out, we welcome all of you to be apart of the conversation--outside the forums--via Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, etc... We all share a common love for this game, company and this community.

May my beard shine upon all of you here!

Boomy

aka

BoomyNation

Edited by Boomysilvermoon

Hi everyone, Boomy here. I just wanted to echo everything that was said in this post about us (Influencers), and just wanted to add the fellow influencers who also stream: (That I am aware of)

kogass

BoomyNation (Me - Sometimes lol)

Kid Lee

Aviriia

Sechari

I would say that we all hit some of the major points in this amazing community, even though our separate communities are more like subsections of the whole. Check any one of us out, we welcome all of you to be apart of the conversation--outside the forums--via Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, etc... We all share a common love for this game, company and this community.

May my beard shine upon all of you here!

Boomy

aka

BoomyNation

No offence, but I’ve never heard of you or the others and I’ve been playing the game for 7 years and I’m an avid forum poster.

What is the criteria to become a “influencer” and why do you guys get to speak for the player base when we don’t even know you or have heard of you in 7 years

No offence, but I’ve never heard of you or the others and I’ve been playing the game for 7 years and I’m an avid forum poster.

What is the criteria to become a “influencer” and why do you guys get to speak for the player base when we don’t even know you or have heard of you in 7 years

It is obvious that Bioware gives Influencer rank to the wrong people for a long time. There is currently no influencer to represent end-game community, for example. People who spend their own resources to keep up websites and software aren't getting free permanent subscription for the game. Influencers are only casuals nowadays.

No offense taken! Nice to meet you! = )

I can't speak for the others, but I generally operate on YouTube, Twitch and Twitter. I don't usually come to the forums too often, mainly since I can communicate faster on the other platforms. If you're interested in knowing more about the Influencer program, Swtorista did a great video on it while back ago.

No offense taken! Nice to meet you! = )

I can't speak for the others, but I generally operate on YouTube, Twitch and Twitter. I don't usually come to the forums too often, mainly since I can communicate faster on the other platforms. If you're interested in knowing more about the Influencer program, Swtorista did a great video on it while back ago.

What do you do as a Bioware Influencer?

If I recall correctly Dulfy was ineligible to become an influencer at the time it was created due to a strike on her account. Her website also hosts data mined content which is another big no no from swtor.

This is a screenshot I took of some of the requirements, if you've ever seen my stream it'll be pretty easy for you to work out why I wouldn't be suitable.

https://imgur.com/a/Fz725XQ

It is obvious that Bioware gives Influencer rank to the wrong people for a long time. There is currently no influencer to represent end-game community, for example. People who spend their own resources to keep up websites and software aren't getting free permanent subscription for the game. Influencers are only casuals nowadays.

Vulkk is pretty awesome and far from casual but I can't really speak for anyone else. I just remember loving his solo runs in HM flashpoints and stuff back when it felt like gear mattered outside of 10% of the game's content.

While I don't know all the influencers, Vulkk and SWTORISTA I've definitely noticed. Vulkk for his website and SWTORISTA for Reddit.

I'm not an influencer.

Ironic, isn't it.

Crazy. Didn't you interview a dev in 5.7 (or around there) on your twitch?

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

If I recall correctly Dulfy was ineligible to become an influencer at the time it was created due to a strike on her account. Her website also hosts data mined content which is another big no no from swtor.

This is a screenshot I took of some of the requirements, if you've ever seen my stream it'll be pretty easy for you to work out why I wouldn't be suitable.

Any forum regular who's casually aware of your content knows why you aren't an influencer. You're not a Biodrone apologist and you don't shill for them constantly. You basically have to blindly defend every decision they make to be an influencer. Anything you're too critical of will make you ineligible.

They need to better define "kept to a minimum"...I mean, compared to some, you're damn near saintly :D

Honestly, they need to make more exceptions for people that deserve to be heard.

They need to better define "kept to a minimum"...I mean, compared to some, you're damn near saintly :D

Honestly, they need to make more exceptions for people that deserve to be heard.

I'm not sure you've ever seen my stream.

Hey Ylliarus!

To try to calm any tin foil hats spinning up from that image you linked, let me try to provide some context. The reason you cannot find that post anywhere on the forums is because it came from our Influencer forums. For those that don’t know (and we have a blog in the works for this very topic) we have something called the Influencer Program. This group contains content creators of all sizes who we aim to support via promotion, etc. One of the components of the group is that they have access to a closed, under-NDA forum where we sometimes seek out early feedback on things, address questions from their communities, and more.

The image you are linking to is from a specific topic that was brought up by some folks in the group. They were looking to get into creating content for Anthem in addition to SWTOR and were asking for similar support/access to what they have in our Influencer program. What you are seeing is my response to that request. There are a number of EA-wide influencer programs, most prominently the game changers group. We built our own program for SWTOR separate from that as we had very specific benefits we wanted to provide. As a result, being in our group doesn’t automatically mean that someone receives those same benefits on other EA or BioWare titles. So all in all, this post is really just me directing our influencers who are looking to expand into other EA games to investigate the EA game changer program.

That is the full context of that post, so I hope that clears up any concerns.

-eric

So we can expect to see a road map, somehwere in the future with more empty platitudes?

Since kotet and kotfe the amount of content you, the Studio. has released can be seen as a joke. just talking in terms of quantity, since quality is not a subject that should even been brought since everything after ziost was pile of horse dump.

So we can expect to see a road map, somehwere in the future with more empty platitudes?

Since kotet and kotfe the amount of content you, the Studio. has released can be seen as a joke. just talking in terms of quantity, since quality is not a subject that should even been brought since everything after ziost was pile of horse dump.

You know... i wonder what you hope to accomplish with such posts.

You are attacking the last people still fighting for the game you love. It would be so easy to just pull the plug, but here they are reading this topic.

I agree with the topic. There is still huge potencial in this game. But, the best way to revive it would be to make a SWTOR2. Even if it's with a new engine. There needs to be something to re-spark the mass media and gamers interest. There is still a lot of untapped potencial here and many good lessons were learned.

I think the game design is great atm, but it's missing the players and obviously the regular content support.

One of the things i enjoyed the most about the game were the warzones. The huttball and the big battles. I was shocked to queue to a warzone these days and it being a 4v4 arena best of 3. The game is here, the infamous ghost GCD bug was finally fixed. It just feels like it is too late though. We need a reboot of some sort to have players come back and see how enjoyable it can be again.

I don't have the perfect antidote, as i'm not in the company know. But it is undebatable that SWTOR is an untapped potencial.

You know... i wonder what you hope to accomplish with such posts.

You are attacking the last people still fighting for the game you love. It would be so easy to just pull the plug, but here they are reading this topic.

I agree with the topic. There is still huge potencial in this game. But, the best way to revive it would be to make a SWTOR2. Even if it's with a new engine. There needs to be something to re-spark the mass media and gamers interest. There is still a lot of untapped potencial here and many good lessons were learned.

I think the game design is great atm, but it's missing the players and obviously the regular content support.

One of the things i enjoyed the most about the game were the warzones. The huttball and the big battles. I was shocked to queue to a warzone these days and it being a 4v4 arena best of 3. The game is here, the infamous ghost GCD bug was finally fixed. It just feels like it is too late though. We need a reboot of some sort to have players come back and see how enjoyable it can be again.

I don't have the perfect antidote, as i'm not in the company know. But it is undebatable that SWTOR is an untapped potencial.

Granted his post was just insulting and rude, he isn't alone in having that sentiment. I think it's just that people are sick and tired of not being heard for years, and the last few large updates have proven that what the players want isn't that important to the ones making decisions for game design.

Many of the present features have been added recently (in the last 2 years) and they have been met with resounding backlash. Instead of acknowledging what the players say, they are ignored and more features keep getting added that are just as unfavorable as the ones before them. Tone deaf comes to mind. Or, finger not on the pulse.

...Hence all the threads on the topic of communication or lack of. Which coincidentally have just recently been acknowledged by Eric Musco and other representatives who have begun a new campaign to try to improve upon the communication with the playerbase particularly via the forums.

It's just a lot of pent up resentment and anger derived from a lot of disappointment. This thread was created in hopes of finding or sparking growth and interest for this game which seems to in many minds be lacking both especially from the parent studio as of lately.

They already said the Cantina event is where the next stage of the game is to be announced, so I imagine there won't be a roadmap. I also think they will announce 6.0 at said Cantina event.

They already said the Cantina event is where the next stage of the game is to be announced, so I imagine there won't be a roadmap. I also think they will announce 6.0 at said Cantina event.

I'll be there, and I am super hopeful that we get some great news. I am crossing my beard and fingers on this one. lol

• 2 months later...
Frankly, resurrecting SWTOR would be easier than trying to develop an entirely new MMO live service thingy. Anthem's faceplant presents a rare opportunity.

Well, it certainly is cheaper to develop content for swtor than Anthem.