Let's celebrate what is good about SWTOR

Lhancelot

What i think is awesome in SWTOR:

Class design.

They are simply fun to play. Some of the best design in tab mmo's.

Strongholds.

Ok, yes, i don't like the prominence in cartel market stuff. But, even without using any of that stuff, i could build a great looking stronghold. They are good looking. They have amazing vistas, lately we got one in a train and one with arenas and training dummies inside them.

Though i think all should be retrofitted with test dummies, the fact remains strongholds are all visually different and interesting. A showcase for how housing should be done.

Warzones (normal + huttball, but not arenas)

I love warzones. I hate premades that ruin them though. But the regular maps and huttball are a tons of fun playing with balanced random groups in the same kind of communication situation. You feel like you can make a difference and skill matters.

Story

The story is Bioware good ofc. I like that it's more bite sized now and comes as a complement to the activities we are doing cause this is an mmo. I do wish we had the conditions to revert back to class stories, but we are past that. What we got is still pretty cool.

I guess the gear customization isn't bad either. ;)

Edited by Nemmar

But the three things that keep me playing near constantly is the quality of VAs, the story from start to Ziost, and the outfit system.

That's about it for me too. Especially the up to Ziost part.

But the three things that keep me playing near constantly is the quality of VAs, the story from start to Ziost, and the outfit system.

Ditto!

As much as I like the outfit system there is much that can be done to improve it.

- Hide hood toggle.

- Break dyes into primary, secondary and tertiary and make sure every piece of armor has all 3 slots.

- Companion outfit designer with at least 4 tabs.

- Weapons designer.

- Gear slots for the rest of the companions that are standard body sizes. (Looking at you Nico and Paxton!)

- Add other gear sets to collections for ease of use, like Alliance Crate sets or Reputation sets.

- Let us unlock the CM sets that have mods in them. Empty shells are fine! Low level mods are worthless.

- Better thumbnails in collections. The poses are cute and all, but they make it much harder to search for the right look. I don't think the person who came up with the change actually creates outfits.

- Give us a way to reclaim old quest gear, especially the newer starter gear that older characters can't retroactively get. Rishi gear would be super nice too for folks like me who didn't think ahead and save it all. Even replaying the quests to re-acquire the gear would be fine by me!

- Return/restock the old planetary gear vendors that got removed with 4.0.

- Fix the myriad of graphics bugs.

--- Armor that should show skin showing black instead.

--- Vector and Scourge wearing bras and unitards under skin baring outfits.

--- Companion gear showing the wrong faction in cut scenes.

--- Gear losing color matching in cut scenes.

--- Capes and flaps warping around in cut scenes.

--- Toss in fixing the non-moving mouths on post 4.0 companions for good measure!

First MMORPG I've played and, based on the others I've tried (Neverwinter Online, ESO, WoW for 2 hours), the last MMORPG I will play. I enjoy pvp (especially lowbie/midbie) and the occasional SM operation, but I only got into those because of the quality of voice acting, storytelling and dialogue. I care about these characters -- not only the NPCs, but my own characters as well -- which makes playing the game that much more fun.

So many thanks for SWTOR! ♥ You were pretty much a full time job for me during some tough times, and now that I'm doing better, you remain a lovely hobby I can turn to when I need to relax for a couple of hours.