Nerf HM Queen??

CaptRogue

look, at this point they can make the 258 weapons drop from a level 1 fleshraider on Tython for all I care. But asking for nerfs on content that's barely a week old is insane.

we already have access to all the best gear in the game, minus those 2 items, doing dailies, killing 2 mindlessly dull and easy WBs - no, something is not overtuned if you can zerg through it ignoring every mechanic - cicling through very normal and easily accessible activities like reg pvp or mm flashpoints and what is possibly the easiest group content in the game to date (storymode queen). Isn't that enough?

Alright lets just break this down for you bunch of elitists ....

1. VM Queen is not a typical ops, as was stated above by another poster. You can run in there with 1 tank, 5 dps & 2 heals. Ergo, that's already defeating your "NiM Ops" ready group.

2. Even if the weapons are only "needed" for NiM Gods, those of us who do other raiding content and are working on our 252/8 sets, want a chance at it.

So far I've been in it twice, both for LONG times and yet have got a clear. First time, okay I'll give you that as it was release night. 2nd time, this week, we'd get to burn phase with her & just wipe. This with half the group who had cleared her. (I think some even had her on "farm".) And before you want to say it's my fault, no I'm parsing fine, was not kicked from group.

3. Again as has been mentioned above & I even mentioned it. SM is a joke. You can do it 4m now. Come on! Then you walk in HM & it's a completely different ball game. Yes, this should be hard if this was MM Queen....This is not this is VM, in other words she definitely needs nerfed some. You want to keep her that hard, fine, put that as NiM.

As it stands this is the only major content we have that's been released. They want us to chase the gear carrot, we do. Then they say oh but you can't have your weapons till we release this new Ops boss. We wait patiently, get ready to do it, then bam. Nope, guess what you can't get that unless you're a member of the NiM raiding community, who farm NiM's just because.

That's wrong. Don't act like it's going to be something that's going to be a bit difficult but able to be completed by anyone who actually cares to raid aside from GF.

Be honest & up front.

Plus I was told that the Queen is harder on VM live, than she was on PTS. So come on again? Really??

Sorry if I'm too blunt, but you just don't realize that you're not good enough to be part of that small %.

The thing is: either you need 258 mh/oh for pvp (and you don't even have to be good to complete the SR quest) or for high lvl pve, in which case the Queen HM is a joke.

Too blunt? Ha no, just flat out ignorant. So sit back down.

This isn't a solo quest to complete her, if that was the case it'd be different. But instead it's making me rely on 7 other players who have to be EXCELLENT with their DPS/Tank (and even good on heals) to be able to complete this.

Heck the fight is only 5-6min long, but the explanation of the fight takes 15min for anyone new coming in. That's as bad as Revan Hm. *Smh*

TL;DR:

Not asking for the opinions of the "elitist" few who have her on farm. They can run Revan HM if they want a challenge.

I'm asking for the mid-tier raiding community who want to down her in a decent time once they understand the fight.

Not the SM heroes.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what changed? the understanding that neckbeards living in moms basement were only a tiny fraction of the money they could earn if they appealed to a much larger player base. Wildstar was a game written for the nim raider harcore group. but it is gone because they couldnt or wouldnt financially support it. The next time BW wants to waste a summer and nerf everyone, they will be doing it based on the performance of 258 gear(or whatever they have gotten to at that point). If you are still rocking 248 you will be out of luck. As it stands, if you arent trying to get 258 you might as well unsub, because currently Swtor isnt being written for you in the slightest. Keiths raid group should be happy with it, hope that is ok with EAs shareholders.

Settle down. We get it -- you don't like difficult raids. How about instead of asking for EZ raid content, you ask for another means of acquiring the gear?

The devs finally did some pvp updates after years of neglect. Then it took them a year to trickle out GFTM after 3-ish years of no raids. I think it's the raider's turn -- we had 2 years of chapter *****, so sit patiently for a bit.

1. VM Queen is not a typical ops, as was stated above by another poster. You can run in there with 1 tank, 5 dps & 2 heals. Ergo, that's already defeating your "NiM Ops" ready group.

2. Even if the weapons are only "needed" for NiM Gods, those of us who do other raiding content and are working on our 252/8 sets, want a chance at it.

So far I've been in it twice, both for LONG times and yet have got a clear. First time, okay I'll give you that as it was release night. 2nd time, this week, we'd get to burn phase with her & just wipe. This with half the group who had cleared her. (I think some even had her on "farm".) And before you want to say it's my fault, no I'm parsing fine, was not kicked from group.

3. Again as has been mentioned above & I even mentioned it. SM is a joke. You can do it 4m now. Come on! Then you walk in HM & it's a completely different ball game. Yes, this should be hard if this was MM Queen....This is not this is VM, in other words she definitely needs nerfed some. You want to keep her that hard, fine, put that as NiM.

As it stands this is the only major content we have that's been released. They want us to chase the gear carrot, we do. Then they say oh but you can't have your weapons till we release this new Ops boss. We wait patiently, get ready to do it, then bam. Nope, guess what you can't get that unless you're a member of the NiM raiding community, who farm NiM's just because.

That's wrong. Don't act like it's going to be something that's going to be a bit difficult but able to be completed by anyone who actually cares to raid aside from GF.

Be honest & up front.

Plus I was told that the Queen is harder on VM live, than she was on PTS. So come on again? Really??

This isn't a solo quest to complete her, if that was the case it'd be different. But instead it's making me rely on 7 other players who have to be EXCELLENT with their DPS/Tank (and even good on heals) to be able to complete this.

Heck the fight is only 5-6min long, but the explanation of the fight takes 15min for anyone new coming in. That's as bad as Revan Hm. *Smh*

TL;DR:

Not asking for the opinions of the "elitist" few who have her on farm. They can run Revan HM if they want a challenge.

I'm asking for the mid-tier raiding community who want to down her in a decent time once they understand the fight.

Not the SM heroes.

You do realize that nowhere in my reply I mentioned any of the things you are responding to?

It's hard because it's new. People are still figuring out strategies to make it less hard. Successful pugs are already happening. It's been a *week*.

And as there are no obstacles whatsover to almost perfect BiS for anybody who can stomach the grind, there's no gear gating to contend with either.

Besides, those new blue crystals have a cap of 100, that's basically 2 years of killing her every week. I'm pretty sure they'll expand the ways to earn them once the novelty wears off a bit.

PS the comparison to Revan HM is ludicrous.

Settle down. We get it -- you don't like difficult raids. How about instead of asking for EZ raid content, you ask for another means of acquiring the gear?

The devs finally did some pvp updates after years of neglect. Then it took them a year to trickle out GFTM after 3-ish years of no raids. I think it's the raider's turn -- we had 2 years of chapter *****, so sit patiently for a bit.

I think the real issue is more the hollowing out of the middle tier of raiding as in people and skill wise through the aforementioned, chapter trash. Even now, I'm looking at screenshots from Anthem and 'masterwork' items and cringing hard- I think it's hard for people to be patient when they know any day the real maintenance mode could kick in. I'm waiting for my sub to run out in mid March but part of my departure is when you have no set group and this is what you can run into, people who aren't used to progression, don't touch PvP unless it's a crystal weekly but have this shiny gear. People who run on perfect latency/ping but can't get a grip on mechanics they have increased time to react to. Story mode Queen creating more of these, faster and making it so much harder for those of us in the hardmare/nightmare progression bracket.

It irritates me people cry about casuals making up the lionshare of revenue because why would they force raiders to pay a subscription to raid, period. I don't believe that- raiders are an integral part of bringing revenue into this game or they wouldn't have subscription gated raids entirely so they can't be this 0.000 'insert percentage pulled out of nowhere' of the population.

Haven't read the full thread but just want to put things into perspective. Not a single HM ops was puggable 2 weeks upon it's release. Give more people time to clear it. Give people time to get good at mechanics. Calling for nerfs so soon after it dropping seems really weird to me. It will get easy with time, this boss is easier than a lot of HM fights (not only in gods/ravs/tos, it's also easier than brontes, draxus, council, even terror and styrak). It just seems harder because people are not familiar with it. Edited by Eloi_BG

Be honest & up front.

TL;DR:

Not the SM heroes.

I suggest you to invest your time improving your skill instead of wasting it doing this kind of posts.

Be honest & up front.

TL;DR:

Not the SM heroes.

yeah its so hard, i ran it 5 times today, all pugs, all different 8 people, all first trys but one. and i'm not NiM raiding at all. man i must be so good, i can cary 35 other people right throught it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

seriously, if you dont wanna invest any effort into a boss mechabics and strategys, its fine. but stop calling for nerfs after 1 week and blame the game for your inability of l2p. you are ruining the slightest challenging content for thousands of other players.

Haven't read the full thread but just want to put things into perspective. Not a single HM ops was puggable 2 weeks upon it's release. Give more people time to clear it. Give people time to get good at mechanics. Calling for nerfs so soon after it dropping seems really weird to me. It will get easy with time, this boss is easier than a lot of HM fights (not only in gods/ravs/tos, it's also easier than brontes, draxus, council, even terror and styrak). It just seems harder because people are not familiar with it.

Two problems with it, that's different from the Ops in the past.

1. SM wasn't a breeze, you could 4m it.

2. They didn't gate the last pieces of gear behind it. It was all.

Hence why it needs to be nerfed.

I suggest you to invest your time improving your skill instead of wasting it doing this kind of posts.

My skill is not in question. I can't carry 7 other people. :rolleyes: #movealong

yeah its so hard, i ran it 5 times today, all pugs, all different 8 people, all first trys but one. and i'm not NiM raiding at all. man i must be so good, i can cary 35 other people right throught it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

seriously, if you dont wanna invest any effort into a boss mechabics and strategys, its fine. but stop calling for nerfs after 1 week and blame the game for your inability of l2p. you are ruining the slightest challenging content for thousands of other players.

Where in this whole thread did I state I didn't know my role in the fight or that I couldn't do it?? Oh wait, I didn't. You just assumed it & wanted to come in here flexing your cyber muscle a bit more...so carry on you're not impressing anyone. :rolleyes:

My skill is not in question. I can't carry 7 other people. :rolleyes: #movealong

Where in this whole thread did I state I didn't know my role in the fight or that I couldn't do it?? Oh wait, I didn't. You just assumed it & wanted to come in here flexing your cyber muscle a bit more...so carry on you're not impressing anyone. :rolleyes:

just because you know your role doesnt mean you understood it. and you obvsly didnt, wouldnt call for nerfs otherwise. didnt have to state it :rolleyes:

if you think i'm flexing you clearly didnt understand my point: i'm not even an "elitist" and was still able to clear it multiple times. its simply not that hard, end of story. i gonna explain the sarcasm in my posts next time for you ;)

Edited by mrphstar

I think based on your initial post it's made clear that your understanding of the difficulty level of the boss fight is a bit lacking and in particular the lack of explanations for which mechanics or adds in the fight that you would prefer to be nerfed in order to make the boss fight "puggable". Additionally, it seems you are unaware of the developers' strategy for Veteran Mode content, they want the content to require basic communication and be balanced for players with a decent knowledge of their class, in addition, this fight is tuned for characters with full 252.

It's an easy mistake to do for a new player tho so no worries, but I think in future be more clear in your posts, I understand sensationalism is big currently IRL but it doesn't help much without solid arguments.

1 is true, SM used to be a bit more challenging than it is now. I agree it should be harder. However I don't think it should have any influence on the difficulty of HM.

2 is about as false as it gets. Do you remember how gear used to work pre 4.0? The last pieces of gear were gated behind the hardest bosses, that's how it worked.

Also between when you wrote the post and now, have you noticed how much easier the boss got. Lots of pugs are clearing it. Just need a bit more patience, a boss shouldn't be joke easy the first day.

Edited by Eloi_BG