Important question about auto complete story (class)

ShieldProtection

I'm going to complete agent chapter 1, after that point will auto complete by starting 5.10 on my ship, will my progress saved up to chapter 1, and then random choices? or completely random choices in all content despite I finish chapter 1?

Why bioware cannot talk enough about this? why I'm keep having such questions all the time? Lord Knight-Commander Mere-*cough* Eric Musco cant even allowed to post answers on forums?

I'm going to complete agent chapter 1, after that point will auto complete by starting 5.10 on my ship, will my progress saved up to chapter 1, and then random choices? or completely random choices in all content despite I finish chapter 1?

They aren't random. They aren't even arbitrary(1). The defaults are universally dark for Impside classes and light for Pubside classes, except that choices between saving and killing your class's companions will save them (even if that's light on an Impsider), and the notorious choice in Chapter KotET-VIII will choose one for Pubsiders and Sith Warriors, and the other for everyone else (again, saving "my" companion in preference to "theirs").

And as always, if you care enough about the character to ask the question, you probably care enough to want to continue the story so that you have control over what happens.

The above is my view of it, and that of lots of people on these forums, and, most importantly, of the game's designers, by explicit statement in the run-up to 5.10.

(1) The word "random" is frequently mis-used to mean "deterministic but with no discernable driving criteria", which is properly called "arbitrary".

They aren't random. They aren't even arbitrary(1). The defaults are universally dark for Impside classes and light for Pubside classes, except that choices between saving and killing your class's companions will save them (even if that's light on an Impsider), and the notorious choice in Chapter KotET-VIII will choose one for Pubsiders and Sith Warriors, and the other for everyone else (again, saving "my" companion in preference to "theirs").

And as always, if you care enough about the character to ask the question, you probably care enough to want to continue the story so that you have control over what happens.

The above is my view of it, and that of lots of people on these forums, and, most importantly, of the game's designers, by explicit statement in the run-up to 5.10.

(1) The word "random" is frequently mis-used to mean "deterministic but with no discernable driving criteria", which is properly called "arbitrary".

Yes I agree I care about the story, it just takes so much time to run between locations even with quick travel unlock, takes time thats why I ask this

thank you for your reply, I will be skipping entire content because I dont have hours/days to play same thing over and over again, I hated th kotfe/kotet because skytroopers literally everywhere and I cant pass them in stealth either there is a trigger somesorts making them attack me everytime I think

so annoying, other than that story was good in my opinion, entire swtor game is good in story, thats why I keep playing it

thanks again