Romance/companions and LGBTQ+ 🌈

Eshvara

That's it people, that's the sign we've been waiting for. Burn all the books containing romances, crush all the DVD's and Blurays that have movies on them involving a romance story. Delete all the songs about relationships from your Spotify lists. Humanity is no longer allowed to create stories about love, romance and relationships. Yes, I know we've been inventing stories and tales for millennia to amuse ourselves, I know we've been writing stories about love, romance and courtship for centuries purely for our enjoyment, but you've just heard it: they're not a substitute for the real thing, so we can no longer enjoy them...

Β 

Ha ha ha ha, I love this! :D

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the same subject, I'll bet a lot of people could also make sure that in one scene, my character isn't suddenly 6'5'' and my target LI is 5'8'', and in another scene it's the exact opposite.

Β 

Agreed. Why is my character is supposedly around the same height as Lana gain an extra 8 inches during kiss scenes? And ridiculously enough, I had this happen in non-romance scenes too. I wonder if BW knows a healthy amount of people tend to main female characters.

Agreed. Why is my character is supposedly around the same height as Lana gain an extra 8 inches during kiss scenes? And ridiculously enough, I had this happen in non-romance scenes too. I wonder if BW knows a healthy amount of people tend to main female characters.

Β 

There are four different body types for each gender - with one being quite a bit taller than the other three. So they have to account for height differences in their scenes... which they don't do particularly well. My ladies are all body type 3, and it's weird that sometimes Lana is taller? (I usually just hand wave it as a result of my lady picking Lana up to kiss her.)

Β 

Yeah, and someone mentioned on page 11, I think, that there are no solely m/m or f/f romances... There is precisely one. It's Lord Cytharat in RotHC. He's only romance-able by male imps. I suppose it's just a fling, though. (There has never been an f/f only romance, flirt, or fling in SWTOR to my knowledge (and I'm a pedantic know-it-all usually). It seems the rule of thumb is that all women LIs must be available to men.)

Edited by Zandilar

Β 

When they animate a scene, they do it with one player body and one body only and just weirdly contort any other body type to fit. It's not just the female PCs, for example it's assumed that your male smuggler will be taller than Akaavi so if you play a BT1 you get this hilarious gem https://i.imgur.com/mKzKFb0.png The male/male scenes are made with body type 2 in mind so if you're BT3 and you romance Theron, your character is going to be weirdly crouching when hugging him and so on.

You misunderstand. :)

What I was saying is that people who enjoy romance, have been saying how when they introduce PvP content or even some PvE, that it results into people quitting. I think they call them "content locusts" I may be wrong on that term.

Β 

Their are some people that actually do quit over things that they did not like, whether it be in Pve or Pvp, and i 'm sure some have have even done it over the romance story lines not getting enough attention, though Bioware hasn't gotten' the resources other MMO's and game companies get, i'm sure you already knew that though.

Β 

Not as many people quit over 1 feature, as they do over many.

Oh yeah they're class bound. Uhhh ... bring back Lemda and Cytharat? Voodoo Thexan and Vayin?

Β 

Anyway ... why a droid?! What?!

Β 

Β 

And why Khem Val ?? no -- just no .... sorry guys, I draw the line at that ..

I'd love Cytharat --- but make him bi too :)

they dont realize the real problems though. and they simply ignore everyone posting things like this.

Β 

millenial problems :rolleyes:

Β 

Well, we all have our own ideas about what constitutes a "real" problem. And a lot of the people on this forum are older than the millenial crowd by a good couple of decades, so let's not blame the kiddies too much.

Well, we all have our own ideas about what constitutes a "real" problem. And a lot of the people on this forum are older than the millenial crowd by a good couple of decades, so let's not blame the kiddies too much.

Β 

I'm a millenial!! It must be why I think the way I think!

Embrace it. Youth is marvelous! So is middle age, too, but still...

Β 

Honestly, I never cared about age much. I just turned 30, I'm cool with it! My friends are all like, OH NO 30!!!

Also older men and women are like the most attractive. (imo)

:rak_03:

Honestly, I never cared about age much. I just turned 30, I'm cool with it! My friends are all like, OH NO 30!!!

Also older men and women are like the most attractive. (imo)

:rak_03:

Β 

Thirties are a great time. And I completely agree that older = more attractive. But I would given my age, wouldn't I? :p;)

Age? :rak_03::rak_02:

Β 

Okay, I'll play, because like you I don't mind how old I am. I was almost 7 years old when I saw A New Hope in the theatres, during its original theatrical run. I still remember how the line ran around the block, and how excited we were to see this movie-making miracle. That answer your question? :rak_03:

Okay, I'll play, because like you I don't mind how old I am. I was almost 7 years old when I saw A New Hope in the theatres, during its original theatrical run. I still remember how the line ran around the block, and how excited we were to see this movie-making miracle. That answer your question? :rak_03:

Β 

49? :rak_02:

- 1. :D It's all good!

Β 

Ahhh, I see I see! That's cool! I have a friend on Twitter, she's 50 (I think) pretty lady! :rak_03:

We get along really well, I don't really think it's an age thing (going back to the subject sort of)

I think it's just people.

There are also 50 year olds that I just don't get along with. Generally they're more old fashioned in their thinking, I guess?

Edited by Eshvara

Ahhh, I see I see! That's cool! I have a friend on Twitter, she's 50 (I think) pretty lady! :rak_03:

We get along really well, I don't really think it's an age thing (going back to the subject sort of)

I think it's just people.

Β 

Absolutely. Which is why I don't want you lovely Millenials blamed for the sins of Gen X, etc., or written off by anyone. God knows we're all deeply annoying on some level, lol. And this is a good thread.

Absolutely. Which is why I don't want you lovely Millenials blamed for the sins of Gen X, etc., or written off by anyone. God knows we're all deeply annoying on some level, lol. And this is a good thread.

Β 

Ahahahahaha, I think a lot of people disagree! Though I did know when I started this thread, those people would voice their opinion! And I think that's great. If you have something to say, you should totally say it. I will of course do the same.:rak_01:

Ahahahahaha, I think a lot of people disagree! Though I did know when I started this thread, those people would voice their opinion! And I think that's great. If you have something to say, you should totally say it. I will of course do the same.:rak_01:

Β 

Long live open discussion!

Β 

P.S. I think my earlier post was unintentionally misleading. I'm actually 48. But I'm okay with 50, particularly since my husband is turning it first. :D