Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

*coughs* I actually really like Lana.. Doesn't mean I don't want, and often request, more stuff with the rest of the companions but I'm not about to join the hate parade, sorry xD

Theron remains my favourite, but I've been numbed to his situation of unlikely to get any other content then what we saw and maybe some mail for a few months now. I can't even get excited for new story stuff, it's all 'meh'.

Yeah, same here. Sometimes I ask myself why I continue to bother and fork over $15/mo...and my answer is that the only reason I'm still here is because I'm personally invested in writing. If I wasn't writing a three novel series featuring my favorite OT3, then I would be bouncing with the quickness.

Yeah, same here. Sometimes I ask myself why I continue to bother and fork over $15/mo...and my answer is that the only reason I'm still here is because I'm personally invested in writing. If I wasn't writing a three novel series featuring my favorite OT3, then I would be bouncing with the quickness.

I can't even seem to get motivated to write mine anymore, but that's not swtor's fault at least xD . I took a few months break and recently got an extra couple of paragraphs done. It's something.

I think my sub is up, again, in 4 days. I mainly just resubbed so I could buy the Rishi Stronghold since you can't do that as a f2p (credit cap) and to get the next pokemon type companion which was actually a happy accident as I found out the dates after I subbed lmao.

I can't even seem to get motivated to write mine anymore, but that's not swtor's fault at least xD . I took a few months break and recently got an extra couple of paragraphs done. It's something.

I think my sub is up, again, in 4 days. I mainly just resubbed so I could buy the Rishi Stronghold since you can't do that as a f2p (credit cap) and to get the next pokemon type companion which was actually a happy accident as I found out the dates after I subbed lmao.

I took about six months off to work on fanart, because I got into 3D rendering...but now I'm having problems balancing time for both, lol.

I hung in here to get the remaining companions back through story. The only ones left now are Zenith and Tharan Cedrax. I just gave up and retrieved them from the Odesson Terminal. After playing my male agent who romanced Lana and saw the romance cut scenes and then compared them to the quick hug and goodbye scene from Theron, the more I am becoming saddened by everything. Yes the hug was sweet but when you compare it to what you have with Lana, it's just not fair at all.

This is what they promised -- that Theron wouldn't be left out but yet he will hardly have any moments with his love. I get it if you didn't romance him in that cut scene on Odesson would have worked fine. He could have shaken your hand or just talked in the planning room with the player character. But romanced Theron should have had the same type of scenes as romanced Lana.

I am usually pretty optimistic but this time....

I am going to unsub and this will probably be for good unless some content story comes out that will interest me enough to bring me back. I usually have a lot of fun on Life Day - throwing snowballs, collecting stuff - now I could care a less. I think 5.10 was the end for me. My romanced characters with Theron are ending their story in the game going away with him to start their own lives together.

I hung in here to get the remaining companions back through story. The only ones left now are Zenith and Tharan Cedrax. I just gave up and retrieved them from the Odesson Terminal. After playing my male agent who romanced Lana and saw the romance cut scenes and then compared them to the quick hug and goodbye scene from Theron, the more I am becoming saddened by everything. Yes the hug was sweet but when you compare it to what you have with Lana, it's just not fair at all.

This is what they promised -- that Theron wouldn't be left out but yet he will hardly have any moments with his love. I get it if you didn't romance him in that cut scene on Odesson would have worked fine. He could have shaken your hand or just talked in the planning room with the player character. But romanced Theron should have had the same type of scenes as romanced Lana.

I am usually pretty optimistic but this time....

I am going to unsub and this will probably be for good unless some content story comes out that will interest me enough to bring me back. I usually have a lot of fun on Life Day - throwing snowballs, collecting stuff - now I could care a less. I think 5.10 was the end for me. My romanced characters with Theron are ending their story in the game going away with him to start their own lives together.

This is exactly how I felt. I have been sitting on the Ossus quest around a week now and I feel no point in completing it. The game already took away the one character i cared about. The devs said that Theron wouldn't be written out for those who kept him alive but look how they are keeping up that promise now... Also, why would Theron completely abandon his betrothed just for some juicy "intel"? There is no reason why he can't simply just return.

Having played Ossus a few times now on different characters I really don't understand why if we were romancing Theron it wasn't Theron with us for the starting cutscene, Lana if we're romancing Lana, even Arcann/Koth for those romancing them when we decide what side to join and just have Lana as the default if there was no romance. :confused:

Not to deter to much from Theron but I really do feel for those romancing Koth with the bad deal he's gotten in regards to his character. I've given up thinking he'll ever show up again for my smuggler. I hope this doesn't happen to Theron in the future.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Having played Ossus a few times now on different characters I really don't understand why if we were romancing Theron it wasn't Theron with us for the starting cutscene, Lana if we're romancing Lana, even Arcann/Koth for those romancing them when we decide what side to join and just have Lana as the default if there was no romance. :confused:

Not to deter to much from Theron but I really do feel for those romancing Koth with the bad deal he's gotten in regards to his character. I've given up thinking he'll ever show up again for my smuggler. I hope this doesn't happen to Theron in the future.

Agreed. He has it a lot worse than Theron but I feel like our idiot spy boyfriend is going down that route as well. I've killed Koth thrice (I like l his character, My toons are the ones who hate him.) and even I am miffed with the treatment he has received from the devs. Where the hell was he during the Nathema Conspiracy? There was absolutely NO reason for him to not receive a marriage scene like Theron and Lana. And now, I'm hearing that you don't even get a letter from the poor guy. Devs listen way too much to the vocal hatedoms of certain characters. I honestly felt like the main cast in KOTFE was going to be a quartet consisting of the PC, Theron, Lana and Koth but people hated the latter so much, the devs decided to go along with the trio idea. Koth was a nice fresh of air. He's kind and boisterous but hard headed. He didn't always agree with your character and he let that be known. Devs always wanted your original comps to become be able to leave your character and/or enemies in vanilla SWTOR depending on your relationship with them but that didn't go through. Koth's character arc is the succesor to that idea. He didn't believe Valkorion to be an inhuman monster who devoured an entire planet out of fun because he grew up to know the man as a benevolent ruler who protected him and his loved ones. This is pretty reasonable considering that Koth hasn't even seen this supposedly immoral act committed by his beloved emperor. And I think anyome would be angry to see some random person they just met weeks ago to bomb their home city. Koth is super underrated and he deserves more respect from the fan base and the devs.

Edited by Ackerprincess

I don't think the writers are only doing what they do based on what they read in the forum - it might give them some inspiration but I don't think it is the only reason for them to add kill options or romances. Any additional line costs them money - for voice acting, cinematic and so on. They have their own mind about these things. They added a Khem Val romance that no one asked for and I remember people asking for kill options for both Lana and Theron with the result of Theron getting one but not Lana. At the end they decide what they do. You will always have people liking a character and others being neutral about it or hating the same character.

I hope we get more content with all LIs in the future - Theron is easily my favourite LI for my characters but I have for nearly every LI some character that would like some content for them too. But it is up to the writers to find a solution for this. At least adding letters can't be that much of a problem - it shouldn't cost much effort and budget to include these. Romance scenes are more costly of course but to have a solution to just focus on a single LI and neglect everyone else is not satisfaying in my opinion. There needs to be a different solution.

Would you pay for romance content from the cartel market? Such as romance DLC/chapter for a LI? I am not sure I would, I mean it depends on how expensive it is and how good the quality/length. I think romance is a part of their story and should therefore be in the core game available without having to pay for it extra. It is just with so many LIs difficult to find a solution that is fair for everyone. But to be honest the LIs are the main reason for me to play different alts and to play through kotfe and kotet. Without it I would play the story once and then likely not again - especially kotfe and kotet which is one story line. Vanilla is different - I can play through it multiple times even without romancing anyone just because of the different story lines.

That being said - I will wait with my imperial characters that romance Theron before I continue the story line. I need to know what is going to happen. I don't want to loose Theron because I romanced him on an imperial that stays loyal.

Edited by Cawyden

So after reading only two last pages of this thread, I understood that if you are a saboteur aka changed sides, only Lana will know about it. Excuse me! This is utter nonsense. So, if my deflecting character would've been married with Theron, no way can I rationalise my character not telling Theron what I'm doing, not after the Traitor-storyline. My character is made to be an utter jerk, without my input. No matter how I mangle this in my head, it feels wrong in so many levels. If you are so evil character you would do that,

you probably left Theron to his death anyway.

OK, I can rationalise this for non-romanced character after some thinking, maybe they are not much of a friends anymore, but if you are married? No way Jose.

My only deflecting character just happens to be an agent who was a double-agent anyway, and is romancing non-existing Koth, so my concience is saved. Koth has put my agent in the dog house for the rest of the eternity so I don't feel bad for not telling him anything, he doesn't tell anything to me either (like, his whereabouts).

Edited by tahol

Would you pay for romance content from the cartel market? Such as romance DLC/chapter for a LI? I am not sure I would, I mean it depends on how expensive it is and how good the quality/length.

If the DLC/chapter was as good as the ME3 Citadel DLC than I would in a heart beat but I'd never expect something of that quality here. :(

This is exactly how I felt. I have been sitting on the Ossus quest around a week now and I feel no point in completing it. The game already took away the one character i cared about. The devs said that Theron wouldn't be written out for those who kept him alive but look how they are keeping up that promise now... Also, why would Theron completely abandon his betrothed just for some juicy "intel"? There is no reason why he can't simply just return.

Those were my thoughts as well. What he says to an Imperial character made a lot more sense, but a republic character - yea that line was really stupid in my opinion.

I never thought it would come to this. I was happy playing this game, doing my Theron romance and playing lower level characters to prep them for possible romances with Koth, Lana, etc - depending on their personalities. I liked the variety instead of always marrying our original companions and having nothing more.

After I saw how Koth was treated... My smuggler romanced him and I think I will just have her quietly go back to Corso. I doubt Koth would even notice. However, as soon as I did Umbara - I knew the end of Theron was at hand even if we kept him alive. They had to put a kill option in there and an exile option:mad:. It was Kaliyo and Aric Jorgan all over again. I am just sick of this. I watched over and over how our LI's have been treated - killed, exiled, missing, reunions that last less than 2 mins and completely suck, and now this debacle with 5.10.

On Imperial you can either kill or take Gnost Dural prisoner. Why???? Why can't someone who romanced Theron do neither and challenge Malgus. The Imperial Agent story you can blackmail Jadus and stop him. Why couldn't we have had that choice. No they are making this so black and white and Theron has no idea what is going on. So for all he knows, he got with a terrible person who got his "former babysitters" killed!

Yeah I was so disappointed with how they played it off. I don't want Theron to be a cardboard cutout...

They added a Khem Val romance that no one asked for

Speak for yourself. I am glad we got Khem Val romance.

Though yea it is definitely unfair how Lana gets the spotlight but this is the fate of having over 50 companions in this game. They could never give all companions the same amount of spotlight.

Edited by menofhorror

Though yea it is definitely unfair how Lana gets the spotlight but this is the fate of having over 50 companions in this game. They could never give all companions the same amount of spotlight.

Well any new romance is going to be that one "initiate romance" scene and probably nothing else ever again so I don't see a Khem Val romance or same sex Nadia/Jaesa romance as having any purpose at this point. Anyway, there's an ocean of difference between "not every character is getting the exact same amount of screen time" and "only one character gets screen time and the rest no longer exist, get used to it" which is what we have now.

Got a curious bug with Ossus. In the Nathema FP I sadly got the Theron romance bug where it did not register the romance at all, I was so angry as I lost a Theron romance I'd had on that character since SoR was first released. When I did Ossus with that character I got the

Theron hug scene which I assume was just for a romanced Theron?

I have no idea what's going on with that character at the moment anymore with the Theron romance triggers/bugs in game, I lost the romance tag completely in Nathema now it seems to be back again in Ossus? I'm happy it's back again but wonder if that to is a bug. :p

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Well any new romance is going to be that one "initiate romance" scene and probably nothing else ever again so I don't see a Khem Val romance or same sex Nadia/Jaesa romance as having any purpose at this point. Anyway, there's an ocean of difference between "not every character is getting the exact same amount of screen time" and "only one character gets screen time and the rest no longer exist, get used to it" which is what we have now.

I totally understand what you mean. But on the other hand, it's better to focus on a few fan favourites or simply a small number of fleshed of romances instead of trying to give each of the 50 companions 2 lines of romance dialogue.

Theron had a lot of romance content, Lana even more (I am sure her role will be smaller the following updates as well).

I for one think it's time for new fleshed out romances with the new characters from the latest story.

Regarding your comment on the romances just being the initial scene, yea you are right (though Arcann did get an additional romance scene in the Nathema flashpoint prologue).

Though Khem Val's romance kinda ends in a cliffhanger.

I am not against his romance I am just saying that I haven't seen anyone making forum posts or "Khem Val for LI" romance threads to ask for this. It was just meant as an example that the writers do not simply look what the people in the forum ask for but instead have their own mind about things. I read quite often posts where people say "we only got xyz because people asked for it" and I don't think this is always true - sure, people asking for stuff might get them at least thinking about it and can have an effect, but just because people ask for something doesn't mean they get it or just because no one asks for it doesn't mean we don't get it.

I do like to have more options and I hope they will add romance options for Zenith, Scourge and other companions and maybe NPCs. I would love to have a proper Jonas romance or to have Talos as romance option for example. But on the other side we already have so many LIs and this game clearly only limited screentime so while I would love to see more of romance content I have no idea how they want to pull it off. I just don't want a single companion getting all the love and content and the others none of it.

What am I paying for when they automatically draw money from my account every month?

Yes this is the reason why I am not sure if I would approve of it or not - we are already paying for content and story and romance is a part of this game. But it is only a part of the game together with PVP, OPS, GSF and so on. And romance is only a small part of the story content. And to add romance content for all LIs it would require more ressources added to this game to work on it or to neglect other parts of this game. And while I only play for story not everyone does. And because EA/Bioware is a company and wants to make money they need a valid reason to add more resources to this game - meaning they need to see that this yields additional money for them. Which is why I think this might work - but people like me with many alts and characters for nearly every LI would need to pay a lot for this additional content and it is like opening pandoras box I think with additional story content then maybe only availble in the cartel market in the future what I don't want.

With the vanilla LIs and Theron and Lana (and to a part with Koth too) we have some kind of relationship build up with several flirts and dialog and finally marriage option (this is missing for Koth and he might have less flirts compared to Theron and Lana, especially if you count pre Kotfe missions/flashpoints).

The question is if they add more romance options such as for LS Jaesa or maybe for future companions should they focus on developing these romance options so that they have an equal amount of flirts with marriage option at some point and have only small romance content (such as letters, a single flirt/voice line) for existing "full" romance options or maybe not add new romances at all? I must say I do prefer to have at least a flirt line and a beginning of a romance indicated compared to having nothing at all with a character.

I think at least in situations where we are in a very dangerous situation and the LI is going to say something before the mission we should have such a scene for all LIs (for example in kotet before you go and claim the throne). Not in every flashpoint/story update but at least sometimes so that we still have future romance content with our LIs. But they should add (romance) letters as much as possible.

Got a curious bug with Ossus. In the Nathema FP I sadly got the Theron romance bug where it did not register the romance at all, I was so angry as I lost a Theron romance I'd had on that character since SoR was first released. When I did Ossus with that character I got the

Theron hug scene which I assume was just for a romanced Theron?

I have no idea what's going on with that character at the moment anymore with the Theron romance triggers/bugs in game, I lost the romance tag completely in Nathema now it seems to be back again in Ossus? I'm happy it's back again but wonder if that to is a bug. :p

Oh this really sounds like a bug, good that it is working again for you however. I am always afraid something like this happens and we can't just go back to a previous save and while you can level a character quite fast to level 70 to play all the story content through takes quite some time and to have a character that you planned for a certain romance option being wasted is horrifying. I am planning to stay away from Ossus for now and rather play my other characters further. Hopefully next year they fix as much as possible.

I totally understand what you mean. But on the other hand, it's better to focus on a few fan favourites or simply a small number of fleshed of romances instead of trying to give each of the 50 companions 2 lines of romance dialogue.

Theron had a lot of romance content, Lana even more (I am sure her role will be smaller the following updates as well).

I for one think it's time for new fleshed out romances with the new characters from the latest story.

Regarding your comment on the romances just being the initial scene, yea you are right (though Arcann did get an additional romance scene in the Nathema flashpoint prologue).

Though Khem Val's romance kinda ends in a cliffhanger.

Yes with so many LIs and clearly limited ressources for this game this leads to a problem. I don't see how they want to solve this - but maybe they will take the way you suggested meaning they add new romance options and develop those further to have multiple flirts and dialog to indicate the relationship development and finally a marriage option - such as with the vanilla LIs and Theron and Lana.

For existing LIs where we already have multiple flirts/marriage option they could reduce the screen presence but this should not lead to the point that we don't hear anything anymore from them. At least adding romance letters or a single flirt line from time to time would be good.

What I don't want is that they force us too often to take certain companions with us or prevent us from using our favourites - such as we could not use Theron in the star fortress flashpoints. And I would not want to see a single companion such as Lana that already got so much romance content to get all the future romance content too and the other LIs nothing. This is simply not fair.

Yes this is the reason why I am not sure if I would approve of it or not - we are already paying for content and story and romance is a part of this game. But it is only a part of the game together with PVP, OPS, GSF and so on. And romance is only a small part of the story content. And to add romance content for all LIs it would require more ressources added to this game to work on it or to neglect other parts of this game. And while I only play for story not everyone does. And because EA/Bioware is a company and wants to make money they need a valid reason to add more resources to this game - meaning they need to see that this yields additional money for them. Which is why I think this might work - but people like me with many alts and characters for nearly every LI would need to pay a lot for this additional content and it is like opening pandoras box I think with additional story content then maybe only availble in the cartel market in the future what I don't want.

But still...$191.88 per year to play this game. If you're like me, and you've subscribed for a number of years that could be upwards of $1,151.88 or more already spent on this game. And I've been playing long enough to remember having to buy the original app for $60 on top of the monthly subscription. Not to mention any $$$ spent on cartel coins for a hypercrate addiction or the odd expansion that wasn't free at the time of release.

Holding "pay more if you want to see more romance content" over subscriber's heads would be it. Good bye. I'd be done. They've already gotten my pound of flesh. They developed themselves into a corner with all these romances, and there is -no- way out of it, short of cutting out most of them. Sad to say, believe me. Andronikos is my favorite, so yeah. But I'm not willing to fork over even more money for something I've already paid for.

Edited by Dracofish

I think its a difficult situation for sure. As now that Lana and Theron are marriage options, they are now on the same level as vanilla companions. So Im not really expecting a vast amount of romance content for them. I still hope and want more for Theron, and I think we might get some, but I’m not expecting it to happen a lot. On the other hand, im looking forward to new romances because I like all my characters having a unique romance and, Jonas balkar, hello there.

I do think however the start of jedi under siege should have been very different. Theron should have been the one to talk to you as a pub character at the very least or if romanced. Not really put in Lana there, it felt so weird to tell Lana hey I want to go pub again, and she has contacts with the SIS, like what the heck. They want to go back to having two different stories per faction, so it should have been like SOR prelude where pubs speak to Theron again. And if ypu pick sabotage empire, then Theron speaks more to you on the hug scene about the sabotage.