New gearing system is absolute ****.

septru

I stopped caring. I'm a 248 LIFER BABY!!! I will show you how 248 is superior to 258. Come @ me bro, Satale Shan server, I pvp like 1 hour a week, so maybe you will catch me and I can show you skill>gear.

You deserve all the stars lol take it :D

But seriously. The chief reason the new gear is released so that you can beat Gods from the Machine in nightmare mode. Sure it will also help pvp'ers get some advantage....but player skill with a class > gear in most cases.

For any other content, I doubt you really need 252 or 258 gear. As it stands, the other nim operation bosses still have the same HP and difficulty ratings adjusted for 242-248 (and even less for some bosses).

I've heard from many in the community that this patch is bringing back memories from 3.0. ---that people will go and farm timed runs and wings and stuff....I doubt it'll be the same. Game's population is smaller this time. And people still need to do the mechanics, have high uptime, and good raid awareness if they want to clear Styrak, Brontes,Terror etc... in apex mode.

Edited by Northernian

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the planet and i loved the story line and even the missions the first time through. on the same toon and started second time through. Of course i am already bored. I have 12 more toons to do this with. Hell i still havent gotten them all through KOTFE & KOTET or any after that. i gotten 7 through so far all up to date but 6 of my toons. lol i am so screwed.

:( *sips on his beer feeling sad with the thoughts*

Bioware, There is gotta be a better way to do this?

Your signature says it all.

I used to try to add a link in my sig that could help others or that supported a thread that I thought was important for the health of the game.

That never did any good seeing this company couldn't care less about player feedback or what gamers on SWTOR think about the game.

Time for me to be realistic and state my true feelings in my sig as my last farewell salute to SWTOR.

Look at the brightside, at least there were months and even years of fun times here. Sadly nothing good ever lasts forever. :(

BW now has a week left until the holidays. Still enough time to change something on the system. Should only be a small input to increase the 252 Loot from the boxes and let us earn more crystals. ;) If they change it on Tuesday, they could fix bugs by Friday. So no excuses.

BW now has a week left until the holidays. Still enough time to change something on the system. Should only be a small input to increase the 252 Loot from the boxes and let us earn more crystals. ;) If they change it on Tuesday, they could fix bugs by Friday. So no excuses.

I'd still be pissed. I opened 40+ Tier 4 crates and didn't get a damn thing. It doesn't really matter. They won't do jack **** in December. Most companies wind down during the end of the year. People take vacation during the holidays etc.

They won't do jack **** in December. Most companies wind down during the end of the year. People take vacation during the holidays etc.

This says it all on what they aren’t going to do. Which is pretty much nothing that is currently pissing people off.

Hey folks,

Quick update on the status of our next patch. There are some key issues that were introduced in 5.10 that we want to address next week. The current plan is to have a patch no earlier than next Tuesday, Dec 18th. Look for a post on Monday with a status update on timing.

Here are the issues we are tentatively looking to fix (standard disclaimer that this is still subject to change):

• It is no longer possible for characters to be left with no Main Story Mission after completing “Inflection Point”.
  • “Flesh and Steel” will now track kill progress for the entire Operations group on R8-X8 and Kil’Cik as intended.
  • Characters who reunite with Dark Side Jaesa will no longer have her Influence set to 1. Dark Side Jaesa will once again accept your Companion Gifts.
  • Characters who acquired Dark Side Jaesa prior to 5.10a have had her Influence rating restored to their pre-5.10 values.
  • Characters who reunite with Light Side Jaesa on Ossus will no longer receive the Dark Side Jaesa Alliance Alert.
  • The lightsabers equipped to Darth Malgus and Tau Idair are now Bind on Pickup as intended (previously Bind on Equip)
  • The [Weekly] Masterwork Data Crystal is now available on all days of the week, not just Tuesday.

This is not a comprehensive list of all of the bugs that we intend to fix following the release of 5.10. We will likely have more bug fixes in January and February. This is just to clear some of the more major/blocking issues.

Thanks everyone! Look for more details on Monday.

-eric

So, no change to box drops rates, no changes to unbinding mods and enhancements for any Armor slot, no change to making 252 set bonus gear work like it should with 248, 242 or 236 set bonus gear.

From past experiences, this is what will happen :

Bioware will come back from holidays and say they didn’t mean for the grind to be so bad, but they needed to monitor the situation before changing it. They will say they understand people are upset with x, y, z, and will work to making small changes.

This will then take until March instead of January or February as stated above. At which point they will try to pull another smoke and mirrors trick and release 5.10.1 and everyone will forget about this **** system or those that care will have left the game for good.

Basically Bioware do this every year and then every year we fall for the same ******** and then give them another chance. But how much more or this **** can the game take till there are no players left to give a **** and keep the lights on?

I know if they follow the same dumb formula as they’ve done in the past years that I won’t be hanging around this time and I won’t be back either. I think this is how most of those people who have already left as well as those talking about it feel.

It seems Bioware don’t give as much of a **** about this game as most of the players do. Which is why it’s failing.

I really hope for the sake of the games health bioware changes at least the bound to slot mods and enhancs... The vast majority of players wont do this grind again. Its been 2 years of 5.0 and we've gone from 228 augs to 236 to 240 and gearing from 230-242 to now 52s and 58s only this time with an added punch in the gut that we'll have to min/max around the plus 500 acc we'll get from stock gear and in most cases completely change up our augment set ups. Simple fact of the matter is most players wont do this they'll just get frustrated and quit. Grinding a new tier is one thing, low drop chances in command packs on 52s is one thing but adding in this set bonus not working with anything below 52s and bound in slots mods and enhancs is just dumb. We know 6.0 isn't coming anytime soon we get the fact you want us to stay and keep playing so you can drag out 5.0 as long as you can and get us 6.0 this time next year but this is not the way. This'll hurt whats left of the games player base even more not help.

I really hope for the sake of the games health bioware changes at least the bound to slot mods and enhancs... The vast majority of players wont do this grind again. Its been 2 years of 5.0 and we've gone from 228 augs to 236 to 240 and gearing from 230-242 to now 52s and 58s only this time with an added punch in the gut that we'll have to min/max around the plus 500 acc we'll get from stock gear and in most cases completely change up our augment set ups. Simple fact of the matter is most players wont do this they'll just get frustrated and quit. Grinding a new tier is one thing, low drop chances in command packs on 52s is one thing but adding in this set bonus not working with anything below 52s and bound in slots mods and enhancs is just dumb. We know 6.0 isn't coming anytime soon we get the fact you want us to stay and keep playing so you can drag out 5.0 as long as you can and get us 6.0 this time next year but this is not the way. This'll hurt whats left of the games player base even more not help.

And they are going to wait till Jan/feb/March to fix it because they are taking time off. It’s not like they weren’t told all of this while they were testing on the PTS.

By the time they come back there won’t be many people left for them to fix all this stuff for. Anyone would think they were purposely sabotaging the game so it closes faster so they can transfer to Anthem.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I had 4 toons complete the weekly. I chose upper body on three of them, three times I got gloves. So am I really unlucky, or is this "glove" week?

unlucky?? thats the best one could wish for. atleast if you want to swap these annoying accuracy enhancements for a DPS and open the crates as heal spec or wanna send gear to your main in general.

i opened 4 of them and got 4 implants, which cant be sent via legavy gear or anything. atleast 3 of them had alacrity on them, but my main got accuray....ofc he did...

till i saw your post, i thought the high drop rate of implants were another way they implemented to f... with the players and let them grind more. now i hope you didnt get lucky, but that i was really unlucky here.

Edited by mrphstar

I also opened the 'upper body' piece after doing the weekly on four characters and got an implant on each. Three was critical and one was accuracy. Just felt rather ??? that out of all things they could have gotten they all got an implant and 3/4's got the same implant. (My other character I picked something different and he got an ear piece.) :confused:

I raised this as an issue in a thread too. Some **** dev just deleted it like it was nothing.

For the Ossus dailies Weekly mission reward box, why cannot they keep the armor box pieces like the traditional way and add one for non armor pieces and one for weapons. Like the traditional way, something which looks like this.

Upper body - Chest and hands

Lower body - Legs and Pants

Supplementary - Head, bracers and belt.

Add a box for relics/impants/earpiece and one for weapons to people who dont want to do the buggy bosses.

I mean if take the example of a dps spec person trying to get a leg or pants, the way the current drops are distributed, there is a chance to get 5 relics along with the legs and pants. So it is about 5/7 = 70%+ chance to get a damn relic which is not usable to transfer to an alt with a 258 upgrade.. Chance of getting a pants or legs is 1/7 = 14%. :mad:

Like the 236/242 pieces, even if you get an additional, say pants or chest 252 piece , players can use masterwork crystals to upgrade them to an version of 258 for an alt, and transfer it over using legacy pieces. But with things like relics, implants and earpiece, every weekly you get a non-transferable piece beyond what you need it a complete utter waste of your time. A 70%+ chance of it being a darn waste. I think my time is worth more.

The new update content is free. Cool. Good enough for some freebies. But *********** up the grind this way just to keep players engaged is just absolutely lousy of them. Change the F-ing drop distribution !

They already nerfed the weekly masterwork crystal rewards from 2-3 to 1.. Doubling or even tripling the grind ! :mad:

Edited by Keerthi

I feel like if I don’t play Ossus, I’m going to fall hopelessly behind. The rate of drop for new gear from the rest of the game is nil. I -have- to go to Ossus and participate in this expansion in order to get this stuff. Even though 5.0 was difficult to adjust to, there were many ways to progress. Eventually, when they put in unassembled components, we could pick exactly what we needed to upgrade. This new system, sucks. As much as I enjoyed playing through the content, I should be able to continue to get gear even if I hadn’t played it. Now, every one of my characters need to do this, even though I’ve seen the scenes five times now. Once was fun, seven sucks, and then getting the wrong stuff from stupid crates isn’t fun at all.

The new gear should have been grafted into the existing gearing system. Making it separate and only loosely associated (the gear doesn’t even work with the existing set bonuses) is dumb. I don’t need a second job, and I absolutely resent being forced to play in a way I don’t want to in order to progress. Ossus’ content is cool, but this gear is just, wrong. Tie it into the existing tiers, allow us to play as we wish, and give us the option to progress on our time. One step forward, two steps back.

This game is on life support. Enjoy it while it lasts. To me, it's looking less and less likely that EA will invest big money into this game. 2+ years since 5.0 with no new expansion? This gear grind is just to give you something to do.

It really does just feel like an experiment to see how much customers will put up with before they finally stop paying. I’m sure there are many accounts on auto-renewal tharfolksdont even realize they’re still subscribed. The folks that actively quit though, I’m sure now that we’ve had a week to kick the tires, that number is going to be pretty high. The Ossus story arc is pretty good, but holy cow this gear thing, surely thisis some psych evaluation? I can tell you, if this wasn’t Star Wars, no one would play.

I'd still be pissed. I opened 40+ Tier 4 crates and didn't get a damn thing. It doesn't really matter. They won't do jack **** in December. Most companies wind down during the end of the year. People take vacation during the holidays etc.

I opened hundreds and haven’t seen anything new.

You deserve all the stars lol take it :D

But seriously. The chief reason the new gear is released so that you can beat Gods from the Machine in nightmare mode. Sure it will also help pvp'ers get some advantage....but player skill with a class > gear in most cases.

For any other content, I doubt you really need 252 or 258 gear. As it stands, the other nim operation bosses still have the same HP and difficulty ratings adjusted for 242-248 (and even less for some bosses).

I've heard from many in the community that this patch is bringing back memories from 3.0. ---that people will go and farm timed runs and wings and stuff....I doubt it'll be the same. Game's population is smaller this time. And people still need to do the mechanics, have high uptime, and good raid awareness if they want to clear Styrak, Brontes,Terror etc... in apex mode.

3.0. also had no level sync- being able to get five levels above content so I don't see farming time runs or wings as possible in the same way. PvP is where people are worried about which is an issue without expertise- for those of us playing with bad lag because of what region we're playing from, we have to have quicker reaction times and give ourselves some grace to be on somewhat even footing. Let's just say if I were to take a vacation in the US, I'd play SWTOR in the evenings and probably enter an instant bliss zone and my lag is worse than when I left. But outside of regions, there was a reason expertise existed and it was gear should never be what makes the player in PvP.

What affects everybody is that the devs have shown they can and will bring in class wide nerfs to either justify a new tier or force people to grind. I'm looking at my numbers as I replace my augments to 236 after my break and I think I had some real rage filled moments when I realized the nerf had essentially been to force people into grinding the new augments when the numbers resembled that of old.

Gearing this expansion has been running to stay in the exact same place and we can see where this is headed, again.

I opened hundreds and haven’t seen anything new.

from my observations the drop chance is something between 0.1 and 0.2%.

(opened ~1000 crates and got 2 pieces...)

dont waste your time doing dailys/weeklys anymore to farm CXP. if you aim for BiS gear, just do ossus or nim gods if you can.

they just burried the whole CXP system with 5.10. PVP players dont need 248 because of the bolster to 252. PvE players can get 242 and components through HM/NiM OPs. nobody need CXP rank 300 or the 248 shells anymore.

Edited by mrphstar

1. Can’t move modes or enhnaments to other slot Armor

2. 252 set bonus doesn’t stack with older set bonus gear (means you can’t wear 252 gear without losing set bonuses, which means you can’t wear 252 gear till you get a full set)

Both these things are bull **** decisions and it’s pushing people out of the game. There will be a mass exodus unless this is fixed before they take a month off. I know I will be unsubbing after the holidays for the final time and never coming back to this game I’ve loved if they don’t fix it soon.

Enough is enough. Players told them on the PTS this was a major issues and they ignored us and still haven’t acknowledged our feed back. It’s like they know it’s ****, they plannned for it too be ****, they know there would be major blow back so they do what they always do when they **** us over, they go silent. They are trolling us.

It was once a great game. Now they are ruining it for their own fun.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You were responding to this signature, I thought, Tux :p

Clearly you can't differentiate hyperbole from reality so to make it less confusing I will explain. :p

My sig explains in a nutshell what has happened to SWTOR.

It's not "dead," but just like a plant without the sun this game is drying up and dying over time. Sure, it might even go on for another 5 years, but I shudder at the thought of the state it will be in by then judging by how it has regressed over the last couple years.

If you call SWTOR present state 'alive and well', that's fine too. I guess we all have different perspectives and you are free to feel anyway that you choose. Personally I consider it in a death spiral. :(

It's not "dead," but just like a plant without the sun this game is drying up and dying over time. Sure, it might even go on for another 5 years, but I shudder at the thought of the state it will be in by then judging by how it has regressed over the last couple years.

(

Some plants wake up with a bit of water to live, you just have to cut away the old one. Ossus was a good start. Unfortunately, the joy was clouded by the 258 devices. I still think the new equipment could have saved them up to 6.0.

New lvl up, new equipment. But everything is available in the boxes. T5 and T6. People who run Master Ops will immediately get to T6. The others have to grind. T5 and T6 should only come out of the box when you reach the current level.

Devs really dont understand that ranked players don't have that amount of time to grind gear. We must remain competitive in ranked to be able to get elo if we want to reach wanted results. With the new garbage system those players who have more free time will benefit over those who has better skill but less time for grind. Skilled players who doesn't have enough time to grind through this garbage system will lose to those skilled players (or even less skilled players) who possess enough of time to grind new gear.

Well done devs. Screwed up gearing for pvp once again. I wonder how many players will quit again

1. Can’t move modes or enhnaments to other slot Armor

2. 252 set bonus doesn’t stack with older set bonus gear (means you can’t wear 252 gear without losing set bonuses, which means you can’t wear 252 gear till you get a full set)

Both these things are bull **** decisions and it’s pushing people out of the game. There will be a mass exodus unless this is fixed before they take a month off. I know I will be unsubbing after the holidays for the final time and never coming back to this game I’ve loved if they don’t fix it soon.

Enough is enough. Players told them on the PTS this was a major issues and they ignored us and still haven’t acknowledged our feed back. It’s like they know it’s ****, they plannned for it too be ****, they know there would be major blow back so they do what they always do when they **** us over, they go silent. They are trolling us.

It was once a great game. Now they are ruining it for their own fun.

They said the set bonus is a bug, but the mods and enhancemnts probably arent. Anyway, seems people are OK with this since I see all PVPers on DM attend dailies and WBs so in the end it seems Bioware won :D

Devs really dont understand that ranked players don't have that amount of time to grind gear. We must remain competitive in ranked to be able to get elo if we want to reach wanted results. With the new garbage system those players who have more free time will benefit over those who has better skill but less time for grind. Skilled players who doesn't have enough time to grind through this garbage system will lose to those skilled players (or even less skilled players) who possess enough of time to grind new gear.

Well done devs. Screwed up gearing for pvp once again. I wonder how many players will quit again

Raiders don't want to grind dailies either. I know I don't.

Yes, I do agree we need more content. I think my expectations were low in 5.10. I also played on the PTS, so I knew what we were getting beforehand.

You were responding to this signature, I thought, Tux :p

Oh, well I can see that I guess, but I was meaning they ignore their customers feedback, and have for years, and it's only hurt the game - not that it's dead.