Why is there no kill option for Lana?

Avashnea

So, what you're saying is you think all those were mistakes, yet you want them to keep repeating mistakes?

That sounds...odd.

Did i ever say that I personnally wanted to get rid of Lana ? I don't think so, but i'd like for them to stop using her every time, especially when she's not the character who makes the most sense to be used at that precise moment.

The forest walk, for instance, in my own game should've been Lana, Theron and my JK, and Theron should've been the one to get my JK in contact with Jonas, not Lana.

But in someone's game where Theron is not part of the Alliance anymore, it's perfectly justified that it's only Lana.

In the same vein, all my Imp are going saboteur, yet Lana is the only one who knows about it ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem that some of the Theron-mancer type people, blinded by their all-consuming love for him, have forgotten how to even behave in a civilised manner, lashing out and having tantrums while falsely accusing others of the same thing.

The reason Lana has a bigger role in Jedi Under Siege is simply because Theron has proven himself to be incompetent and untrustworthy ever since Ziost. You can head-cannon him any way you want, and it's great if you like him, but Bioware have clearly written him as someone who is not very good at his job. Why would you trust him with sensitive Alliance information, when he's caused many, many innocent people to die with his hair-brained schemes?

Realistically, after what he's put people through, the Alliance would immediately disintegrate if he was ever given a high-ranking role again. Lana, while not perfect either, is simply more trustworthy and better at her job, hence her bigger part in Jedi Under Siege.

In fact, I have a feeling Bioware are planning to completely replace Theron with Jonas Balkar.

It would seem that some of the Theron-mancer type people, blinded by their all-consuming love for him, have forgotten how to even behave in a civilised manner, lashing out and having tantrums while falsely accusing others of the same thing.

The reason Lana has a bigger role in Jedi Under Siege is simply because Theron has proven himself to be incompetent and untrustworthy ever since Ziost. You can head-cannon him any way you want, and it's great if you like him, but Bioware have clearly written him as someone who is not very good at his job. Why would you trust him with sensitive Alliance information, when he's caused many, many innocent people to die with his hair-brained schemes?

Realistically, after what he's put people through, the Alliance would immediately disintegrate if he was ever given a high-ranking role again. Lana, while not perfect either, is simply more trustworthy and better at her job, hence her bigger part in Jedi Under Siege.

In fact, I have a feeling Bioware are planning to completely replace Theron with Jonas Balkar.

Does this even count as a reasonable argument?

I really hope you're wrong on this one, because, while i like both Lana and Jonas, being stuck with the two of them, never to see Theron again would seriously piss me off... (well this holds true to my other characters' LIs as well, but to a lesser extent as they're not my main characters' LI, which Theron is)

In my main Legacy 6 of my characters are Heterosexual males, 3 of my characters are female and only 1 romances Theron! I am not a rabid Theron fan, but I AM a fan of what makes most sense for the choices I make. Lana being the Quest Giver for Jedi Under Siege makes no sense for those choices. A Republic character does. Period.

In my main Legacy 6 of my characters are Heterosexual males, 3 of my characters are female and only 1 romances Theron! I am not a rabid Theron fan, but I AM a fan of what makes most sense for the choices I make. Lana being the Quest Giver for Jedi Under Siege makes no sense for those choices. A Republic character does. Period.

Agreed. If Theron was dead or banished in someone's playthrough, Aric Jorgan would have been the next logical option to get in touch with Jonas (since they worked together in the Trooper story and Jonas is the one who pointed Havoc Squad at the Alliance). If they were both dead or gone, Bey'wan would have been a secondary fallback. This isn't about rabid fandoms, this is about story logic and common sense. The former head of Sith Intelligence would be just about the last person to get someone in touch with a friendly SIS contact.

Edited by AscendingSky

Agreed. If Theron was dead or banished in someone's playthrough, Aric Jorgan would have been the next logical option to get in touch with Jonas (since they worked together in the Trooper story and Jonas is the one who pointed Havoc Squad at the Alliance). If they were both dead or gone, Bey'wan would have been a secondary fallback. This isn't about rabid fandoms, this is about story logic and common sense. The former head of Sith Intelligence would be just about the last person to get someone in touch with a friendly SIS contact.

Preach and AMEN!

My characters have STORY reasons for not being Lana fans.

1. My Trooper has survived the defection of his former team and a Sith who has no qualms against torturing and murdering her own team members for real or imaginary offenses doesn't sit well with him.

2. My Agents HATE Sith! The Sith brainwashed them after they did their job well!

3. My JK and JC are pretty much against everything Lana believes in.

4. My Smugglers are skipping Straight into Osuss but they hate people who will hurt others to advance their agenda.

5. Finally my BH will never overlook Lana's insulting Racist view of Mandalorians. She also does not forgive Lana's raging for Theron's head. Why? Because she is Mandoa'ade! Her honor forbids it.

As for Theron, I don't believe for a second that leaving him behind resulted in his death. Satele didn't look sad, she looked like a pissed mama who was gonna go get her boy. Boyd has even said he'll be in future story. I think his role will differ based on your choice, but I think he's going to be alive for everyone. I'm going with the GoT rule here, until you see absolute confirmation, a character is probably alive.

You get an email from her, saying she felt him die, calling out for a friend that wasn't there (basically implying that he truly was loyal to you, and you just left him to die... and he died hoping you'd change your mind and come back for him... and you didn't.) He wasn't afraid to die, just sad that after saving your Alliance, you couldn't understand why he did it the way he did. She will make sure the Republic remembers him as the hero he was. So, an email from Satele about what a cold heartless ***** you are for leaving Theron to die when he literally saved your bacon, I'd say that's confirmation. As for him being in the future story, let's face it... only one or two of my 40+ characters will actually kill him. Most players (and even me except on a few) aren't staunchly "must do dark side option, no matter what" and so even if you 99% do dark side options, most players aren't going to kill off Theron. So if he is dead, someone else can easily step into that role, or even better there is an actual consquence for having killed him. Just as an example to use something that happened no matter what, say that if you saved Koth, he could have saved the Gravestone... but if he's dead, you lose it. Something like that for Theron where there is a serious consequence for having killed him. Sure, some will complain but the real roleplayers will understand that choices have consequences, especially ones like that.

Screenshot of the email

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero
adding spoiler tag

calling out for a friend that never came

oh wow... That hit me right in the heart. Luckily I'm never getting that email on any character lol. Even on my Dark V Warrior, she shook his hand and took him back because she understood he didn't have a choice in doing what he did.

Edited by CharmerLeonhart

Maybe they did? But you know, Jonas Balkar and his specialization.:D "So many missed calls, I wonder...oh, Killjoy Shan, skip, oh for the sake of Garza's durasteel arse, not Jorgan! Skipskipskip, who dis other cat guy? Meh whatever, skip...oh! Oooohhh! Hubba hubba yeah, lady, come to papa Jon!"

oh wow... That hit me right in the heart. Luckily I'm never getting that email on any character lol. Even on my Dark V Warrior, she shook his hand and took him back because she understood he didn't have a choice in doing what he did.

Yea, I know... the whole scene was like my mind was screaming "HIT ESCAPE HIT ESCAPE NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE" but I didn't cause it was Jefuitor my Sith Marauder who is utterly ruthless and only ever really cared about one person besides herself... Jaesa Willsaam (and even then, we're talking Dark Side Jaesa, so she killed everyone else she loved) even her relationship with Lana was because she didn't know Jaesa would love her back. Although, she did uncharacteristically apologize for hurting Lana.

I still think that letter was a smokescreen and that Satele could have rescued Theron and just not wanted to tip her hand. But even though I hate Theron's guts, even I couldn't leave him there. That scene was just too brutal.

He does cry when you exile him from the Alliance, which is sad, but I still have done that one. I didn't want a kill/exile for him in the first place, but since it was there.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

You get an email from her, saying she felt him die, calling out for a friend that wasn't there (basically implying that he truly was loyal to you, and you just left him to die... and he died hoping you'd change your mind and come back for him... and you didn't.) He wasn't afraid to die, just sad that after saving your Alliance, you couldn't understand why he did it the way he did. She will make sure the Republic remembers him as the hero he was. So, an email from Satele about what a cold heartless ***** you are for leaving Theron to die when he literally saved your bacon, I'd say that's confirmation. As for him being in the future story, let's face it... only one or two of my 40+ characters will actually kill him. Most players (and even me except on a few) aren't staunchly "must do dark side option, no matter what" and so even if you 99% do dark side options, most players aren't going to kill off Theron. So if he is dead, someone else can easily step into that role, or even better there is an actual consquence for having killed him. Just as an example to use something that happened no matter what, say that if you saved Koth, he could have saved the Gravestone... but if he's dead, you lose it. Something like that for Theron where there is a serious consequence for having killed him. Sure, some will complain but the real roleplayers will understand that choices have consequences, especially ones like that.

Screenshot of the email

I think the email was a bluff and he's still alive, but I do think that the consequence was a Strike One toward Lana leaving. She's very unhappy if you leave him there, she tries to talk the PC out of it, and it looks at one point like she's thinking of defying the Commander and helping him anyway. And back on Odessen she's still not happy.

I think killing Gnost-Dural was Theron's Strike One, for what it's worth.

I totally agree that the email was a bluff, and I'm calling it. Theron's still alive! I didn't leave Theron but my husband did, and after watching the scene I also agree that Lana was NOT happy about it. Not at all. Those two are buddies, whether they bicker or not. Edited by sauceemynx

I really hope you're wrong on this one, because, while i like both Lana and Jonas, being stuck with the two of them, never to see Theron again would seriously piss me off... (well this holds true to my other characters' LIs as well, but to a lesser extent as they're not my main characters' LI, which Theron is)

Well, it was just a feeling I had, I could be way off the mark. They just seem to be giving Jonas a more prominent role now.

Well, it was just a feeling I had, I could be way off the mark. They just seem to be giving Jonas a more prominent role now.

Sadly i also have that feeling that they're putting him here for now to appease his fans over his "leave for dead / exile" option before smoothly putting him in the same boat as all the other LIs who are not Lana, never to been seen or heard of ever again... :(

I was considering romancing Lana on my IA as Vector is pretty much dead storywise being completely irrelevent to any plot after the end of the IA's class story, but i'm not so sure i want to do it now...

Seeing a character who is not even in my top 3 of favourite characters having more romance content than my main character would actually be very frustrating...

Maybe they did? But you know, Jonas Balkar and his specialization.:D "So many missed calls, I wonder...oh, Killjoy Shan, skip, oh for the sake of Garza's durasteel arse, not Jorgan! Skipskipskip, who dis other cat guy? Meh whatever, skip...oh! Oooohhh! Hubba hubba yeah, lady, come to papa Jon!"

I admit it, I laughed. XD Thanks for that, I needed it this morning.

To be fair, Jonas is a flirt but he's not that bad... though I can totally see him calling Theron "Killjoy Shan", based on their shared dev blog story together.

Kinda lost my coffee at this, especially the durasteel arse. Good job. ;)

Edited by JennyFlynn