Upcoming Maintenance and Fixes

EricMusco

Another two (rank 50) companions gone from my Smuggler (also not summonable from the Alliance teminal) - Rishaa and Akaavi, not even in the contacts list anym, similar with all other chars I skipped kotfe/etc. with the Ossus mission. What the heck is going on here?

Edit: Ok, Rishaa obviously had her official return mission from Hyla Visz, but Akaavi is still totally gone.

Edited by Khaleg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

[*]Characters who reunite with Dark Side Jaesa will no longer have her Influence set to 1. Dark Side Jaesa will once again accept your Companion Gifts.

[*]Characters who acquired Dark Side Jaesa prior to 5.10a have had her Influence rating restored to their pre-5.10 values.

[*]Characters who reunite with Light Side Jaesa on Ossus will no longer receive the Dark Side Jaesa Alliance Alert.

Will we get compensation for expensive gifts we gave her before we realized she was suddenly bugged? I gave her like 4-5 Legendary gifts before I realized she was stuck at 1/1

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

i understand pushing back patchs but when you have content that does not work 95% of the time talking about the world boss's on ossus i was doing the weekly and only 4 players out of a full 24 man group got credit for the quest it seems like this issue would be a number 1 issue or maybe im wrong i know back when i played wow when the black temple had a bug where people could not enter the raid they did not wait a week to patch it in they worked around the clock to fix it and got a patch in the next day or maybe im expecting to much

Another two (rank 50) companions gone from my Smuggler (also not summonable from the Alliance teminal) - Rishaa and Akaavi, not even in the contacts list anym, similar with all other chars I skipped kotfe/etc. with the Ossus mission. What the heck is going on here?

Edit: Ok, Rishaa obviously had her official return mission from Hyla Visz, but Akaavi is still totally gone.

There should be an alliance alert "The Tatooine Rundown" that is your Akaavi return mission.

i understand pushing back patchs but when you have content that does not work 95% of the time talking about the world boss's on ossus i was doing the weekly and only 4 players out of a full 24 man group got credit for the quest it seems like this issue would be a number 1 issue or maybe im wrong i know back when i played wow when the black temple had a bug where people could not enter the raid they did not wait a week to patch it in they worked around the clock to fix it and got a patch in the next day or maybe im expecting to much

Yeah, that's what professional companies usually do, and companies who don't lack money and manpower. :-/

Hey folks,

We will not be pushing the patch tomorrow. There are still a few issues we are working through and so we would like to take another day. I will provide updates tomorrow, but we are now aiming for Thursday. More details to come.

-eric

Serious question: how do any of the devs at Bioware still have jobs? You perpetually give us broken things, then can't even fix the broken things in a reasonable amount of time. Every other job in America has accountability besides Bioware SW Devs. The guy on fries at McDonalds gets fired the 3rd time he messes up the fries....

Serious question: how do any of the devs at Bioware still have jobs? You perpetually give us broken things, then can't even fix the broken things in a reasonable amount of time. Every other job in America has accountability besides Bioware SW Devs. The guy on fries at McDonalds gets fired the 3rd time he messes up the fries....

Hahaha as much as I'd like to agree, i think the incompetence is mixed with a fair dose of low manning. If this forum had a like button, you'd have mine though!

Seriously, Musco, at this point I find nyself asking what you guys will get right.

Edited by KendraP

Hey folks,

We will not be pushing the patch tomorrow. There are still a few issues we are working through and so we would like to take another day. I will provide updates tomorrow, but we are now aiming for Thursday. More details to come.

-eric

Can you please confirm the mods/enhancements/barrels and hilts being slot locked to specific gear will be fixed or changed.

If not, can you at least confirm with us if it is a bug or intended,

If intended, can you please explain the rationale behind this decision as this isn’t what players are use to and it removes the ability to min max our characters to our preferred play style.

I’d prefer them to take another day or three to fix this before they go on holidays for 4-5 weeks. If they leave it broken for that long it will be it for me.

Can you please confirm the mods/enhancements/barrels and hilts being slot locked to specific gear will be fixed or changed.

If not, can you at least confirm with us if it is a bug or intended,

If intended, can you please explain the rationale behind this decision as this isn’t what players are use to and it removes the ability to min max our characters to our preferred play style.

Well, high end gear (usually that with a set bonus) the Armoring/Barrel/Hilt has been slot locked, so you can't just buy a bunch of cheap bracers and get the full set bonus by sticking them all in cartel shells... however, the mods and enhancements, which don't carry set bonuses that is new and probably not intended.

Well, high end gear (usually that with a set bonus) the Armoring/Barrel/Hilt has been slot locked, so you can't just buy a bunch of cheap bracers and get the full set bonus by sticking them all in cartel shells... however, the mods and enhancements, which don't carry set bonuses that is new and probably not intended.

Pretty sure you didn’t understand my post or didn’t read it properly.

I understand how the set bonus system works. I’m talking about the actual mods and enhancements being locked to specific gear slots. Ie head enchantment is only usuable in a head slot. This is not how it’s been for last 5 or more years (and I can’t ever remember it being locked before that either)

Main hand barrels and hilts are usually swapable with off hand. The same as being able to put any Armor piece into an off hand focus or shield.

That is what I’m asking Musco to check and tell us what is happening.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

that is what you call a serious question? Lol. nice. hold your breath for serious reply.

Nope, just have to complete KOTET chapter 9. I never ran my smuggler through anything after that.

Ok, that changes it. :-) Well, chapter 9 should be done by accepting the Ossus mission, so we can assume here's another bug for the looooong list Bioware has provided with 5.10, despite a Test server and whatnot else.