Getting hassled in the Jedi Temple

IoNonSoEVero

Seems to be a more common issue. Yesterday I was freeing the Jedi in the cages and was fighting a mob and had an imp player healing the mobs I was trying to kill. It was a pve instance so nothing I could do about it. Really annoying because you are interfering with my gameplay for no reason. If I was in the pvp instance I would not have cared, I expect that in the pvp instance, however, in a pve instance I should not have to deal with that level of garbage.

This behavior is ******tery at its finest. Report the scum and hopefully they get a nice ban.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the incident that the OP is talking about has to be put in the same class as the disgusting, juvenile sexual innuendo talk that I see in general chat all the time? Just ignore it? Can't report it because there is nothing anyone can do? I can't tell you how many kinds of wrong that is. The anonymity of the internet has made people into colossal jerks because they know they won't have to answer for anything they do. In my opinion, the OP's 'hassling' people are guilty of non-verbal trolling, and should be corrected for it.

What is your point if you ever get to one?

I agree with absolutely everything you wrote in this post. I just also happen to think it is wholly irrelevant and non-comparable to the situation. There is not just a difference of degree, but of kind between:

A) Splashing some AoE around someone doing a 2 minute quest which in no way impedes them outside of some visual irritation; and

B) Harassing someone through PMs.

Should said individual in situation A follow someone around doing that then fine -- report the person. I just don't think anyone will get much traction with: "Someone cast a plasma grenade on me which did no damage, while I was trying to complete a 2 minute quest."

/shrug

Dasty

:) Different Opinions then, that's ok.

I see that as Intentional harassment. The *Intent is Not Friendly to opposing faction. If *I followed somebody around and spammed my "Sweeping Gunfire" on opposing faction players they would get upset and rightly so; or If I just did that everytime certain figures came back I would be harassing them, most likely reported and would deserve what happened. That's Non Effective (Sweeping Gunfire) but it gets old considering internet trolls and such especially the declining Atmosphere. Once maybe twice = whatever, on and on again and again = that's not right.

I RP all the time, but I keep it to myself and my companions. I try not to interfere with someone's game play (unless they do it first, screw that be the bigger person crap). But I don't go and bother anyone. I just rp me and my companion running around doing stuff. If I do heal same faction, I don't do it while someone is fighting or if I do, it's once and I don't do it again cause I know how hard it is for some, even now in 5.10.

These kinds of things are the things i do get afraid of with the renewal of Sith empire vs. Republic. I don't mean to attack people by what i'm saying, as RP'ers are not the ones i'm talking about, but people that take things to an extreme, where they blur the lines between reality and fantasy. I worry sometimes about the mentality of some players, because they can take this too serious, and this was another reason why i hate this "renewal of hostilities". As it also brings me to question some peoples "mentality", as some people think that they are okay in herrassing others, whether it be people in their own faction for looking like Sith or looking like Republic players, as that is what happened with.

An idiots called me Sith scum, what idiots play this game.:rolleyes:

Edited by MandFlurry

Easy solution. Do missions in PvP instance. For one, barely anybody is even there and two, you have the chance to kill your annoyance.

Right, because if your issue is being hassled by other players, and don't want to engage with them at all, going into an instance where they can hassle you even more is surely the answer. :rolleyes:

What is your point if you ever get to one?

If you can't understand the point I was trying to make, then that pretty much marks you one of the childish insensitive people I was talking about. Let me guess........you think people don't have to be considerate of others on the internet or in online games because 'it doesn't matter'. The callousness of people that think 'if you don't have a thick skin, you don't belong here' really bug me.

So the incident that the OP is talking about has to be put in the same class as the disgusting, juvenile sexual innuendo talk that I see in general chat all the time? Just ignore it? Can't report it because there is nothing anyone can do? I can't tell you how many kinds of wrong that is. The anonymity of the internet has made people into colossal jerks because they know they won't have to answer for anything they do. In my opinion, the OP's 'hassling' people are guilty of non-verbal trolling, and should be corrected for it.

The Internet does have much to answer for. You just wish people would act how they would if we were all in the same room together, but I guess that's too much to hope for.

The Internet does have much to answer for. You just wish people would act how they would if we were all in the same room together, but I guess that's too much to hope for.

I guess so. What ever happened to parents raising their kids to be respectful? I see horrible behavior on LivePD every week and it just blows my mind. It's no wonder people are getting shot all the time for shooting their mouths off.

If you can't understand the point I was trying to make, then that pretty much marks you one of the childish insensitive people I was talking about. Let me guess........you think people don't have to be considerate of others on the internet or in online games because 'it doesn't matter'. The callousness of people that think 'if you don't have a thick skin, you don't belong here' really bug me.

i see, so instead of making a point you decide to throw insults? I didn't think you had a point but i had to ask.

A hint since you don't seem interested in even trying: try answering my point directly instead of taking it out of context.

Edited by Celise

I normally don't kill the mobs first anymore, I will unlock the cages, while my companion is fighting the mobs due to this or the fact someone else would pop up and unlock the cages while I was fighting. I learn this doing Yavin and CZ.

Indeed, I do this. Whenever there is an objective surrounded by mobs that can be aided by the opposing faction or stolen by someone of the same faction, always get your objective first; your companion will occupy the mobs. The only time this won't work is if the objective is combat locked (so you can't activate it or collect it whilst in combat).

I guess so. What ever happened to parents raising their kids to be respectful? I see horrible behavior on LivePD every week and it just blows my mind. It's no wonder people are getting shot all the time for shooting their mouths off.

The behavior is not funny, but embarrassing. Unfortunately, there is no respect today. But you have to blame the parents for using the internet as an educator, it can not turn out to be good. Of course, not everyone is like that. Whereby it is very noticeable that this behavior increases as soon as holidays are.

So, going through the Jedi Temple on Ossus tonight doing dailies, I ran into several Republic characters who were actively trying to interfere with Imperial players doing their quests. Obviously they can't really steal kills or objectives since it's opposite faction, and since it was a PvE instance they couldn't attack Imperial players, but they were doing things like following them and spamming AoE attacks around the targets they were trying to kill, obviously trying to be annoying and distracting.

I ran into one of them who popped out of stealth and hassled me while I was trying to kill a quest objective. I ignored him and went on with my game, but saw him doing the same thing in other rooms later. In hindsight is something like this reportable?

Bottom of this page "Rules of Conduct"

Harassment Policy

Our goal is to build a strong community that offers a comfortable atmosphere for all of our players. This means seeing that players have the ability to combat antisocial behavior

Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

Harassment is also any behavior that is incessant, inescapable, derogatory and directed specifically at you or your group. Before reporting, a genuine attempt to alleviate the situation should be made by leaving the area or the offending player, or asking them politely to stop. If a sincere attempt has been made to solve the problem and the offending player persists in the behavior, it should be reported.

Behavior that is always considered harassment includes derogatory and/or hateful comments that are sexual, racist, religious, or related to gender or creed.

A judgment of valid harassment can result in penalties placed on the harassing party up to and including immediate account closure, based on the severity of harassment and the player's past account history.

Player versus Player (“PvP”) activities, where available, are not exempt from this policy.

i see, so instead of making a point you decide to throw insults? I didn't think you had a point but i had to ask.

A hint since you don't seem interested in even trying: try answering my point directly instead of taking it out of context.

"So the incident that the OP is talking about has to be put in the same class as the disgusting, juvenile sexual innuendo talk that I see in general chat all the time? Just ignore it? Can't report it because there is nothing anyone can do? I can't tell you how many kinds of wrong that is. The anonymity of the internet has made people into colossal jerks because they know they won't have to answer for anything they do. In my opinion, the OP's 'hassling' people are guilty of non-verbal trolling, and should be corrected for it."

This ^ WAS my point. You were treating the incident like 'who cares, there's nothing anyone can do anyway. Just ignore it.'. That's what bugged me so bad. Then you has to say 'do you have a point to make?' and that bugged me even more. So sorry for getting a little hot under the collar, but I failed to see how you could possibly not understand the point I was trying to make. I can't stand it when players in MMO's act like there is absolutely no one in-game but them, and I felt compelled to defend the original poster.

Just a quick edit. This is what I was responding to: "Saying you are being bullied and actually proving it are entirely different matters. The police can't act unless there is proof of these claims, otherwise they'd be searching and turning up nothing. It isn't right to bully someone i agree but it also isn't right to throw accusations around without proof."

I have run into people who do exactly what the OP is talking about, and it is rude, distracting, and just plain 'troll-like'. So I believe the OP 100%. As far as I'm concerned, that constitutes proof.

Edited by cmcougar

"So the incident that the OP is talking about has to be put in the same class as the disgusting, juvenile sexual innuendo talk that I see in general chat all the time? Just ignore it? Can't report it because there is nothing anyone can do? I can't tell you how many kinds of wrong that is. The anonymity of the internet has made people into colossal jerks because they know they won't have to answer for anything they do. In my opinion, the OP's 'hassling' people are guilty of non-verbal trolling, and should be corrected for it."

This ^ WAS my point. You were treating the incident like 'who cares, there's nothing anyone can do anyway. Just ignore it.'. That's what bugged me so bad. Then you has to say 'do you have a point to make?' and that bugged me even more. So sorry for getting a little hot under the collar, but I failed to see how you could possibly not understand the point I was trying to make. I can't stand it when players in MMO's act like there is absolutely no one in-game but them, and I felt compelled to defend the original poster.

Just a quick edit. This is what I was responding to: "Saying you are being bullied and actually proving it are entirely different matters. The police can't act unless there is proof of these claims, otherwise they'd be searching and turning up nothing. It isn't right to bully someone i agree but it also isn't right to throw accusations around without proof."

I have run into people who do exactly what the OP is talking about, and it is rude, distracting, and just plain 'troll-like'. So I believe the OP 100%. As far as I'm concerned, that constitutes proof.

I find this kind pf behaviour extremely annoying and frustrating also. I usually just swap characters for a while and go back later if someone wont leave me alone. Shouldnt really have to do that tho, I mean obviously I log into a specific char because it's the one I want to play at the time.

I do think though, that in healing a npc the person should automatically be flagged for pvp, so there's at least some danger/potential payback.
^ That's a great idea. And totally appropriate. Because, honestly, it's a PvP action.