ossus crystal weekly destroys regs

Opiklo

Hi, I'm a primarily PvEer, whose primary focus is conquest. I've always done a Lil pvp multiple times a week. I like this crystal objective. I like the new cq objective to get 8 medals in a match (infinitely) even more. win or lose this week, that's 1200 per match, including the points for participation.

while some may not to choose to stay the whole match, that's their prerogative. I stay to get the full points. if quitting after 8 and requeuing yields faster points, I might have to do that after my social II is done.

however I get faster points the better once the dailies and weeklies are done, the better.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe but you need to take into account that the only thing the devs can do is give you the incentive to have fun.

if you choose to not have fun, no choice on the devs part can force you. they can offer incentive to play warzones but they cant force you to play or have fun. only you can do that.

No, this is the opposite of "incentive to have fun."

"Incentive to try something new" is sometimes kinda important because it's a natural human behavior to establish a routine.

This is "Go queue for warzones so you can get the stuff you need to do something else." The people who have fun with this kind of setup are the people in who PvP so they can pwn randoms and bads and pat themselves on the back and tell themselves how good they are.

actually globaling someone in pvp isnt fun, its boring. what a real pvper, not a fotm reroll tweenager, wants, is to fight a challenge

nothing feels better in pvp than trading blows back and forth for 3 minutes and finally getting that killing blow with 10% hp left. 6-0 huttballs arent fun, 5-6 however, mmm sexy af.

Edited by Seterade

It's a rotating weekly. So this complaint will probably be in the GSF or something else next week.

It's not a big deal, and if it were, the core problem has never changed: There's no penalty for leaving a match.

If they wanted a simple fix, I'd put the idea on the table of making it a "win a warzone" or "get 8 medals in a winning warzone". Now suddenly everyone cares about objectives.

A win/win for everyone.

except.. you seem to have forgotten... its a casual game mode. in fact, its the only casual mode for pvp. and you want to what? make the casual part toxic and compeitive too? and your worried about long ranked pops? lul

A mission to win a reg match once per week per character wouldn't make any difference. Even unlucky and unskilled number farmers win once in a while if they play enough time due to the randomness of their own team and the enemy team. If people will get even slightly more toxic if their weekly's completion is delayed by a match or two, they would already be toxic because the old weekly rewards x2 for win. It will make no difference.

But we can avoid this problem too if you think it is necessary. Change the mission to: "Complete a warzone match with 8 medals or more". There you go: no quitting, no winning required, 8 medals.

except.. you seem to have forgotten... its a casual game mode. in fact, its the only casual mode for pvp. and you want to what? make the casual part toxic and compeitive too? and your worried about long ranked pops? lul

by that logic you can take out medals... objectives and make everyone immortal.. because its casual and it doesnt even matter.

pvp allways has a competetive side... if you dont play it to win it you are screwing your teammates over....

But hey you cant even get 8 medals on a mara, so why do i even care what you say :p

Edited by Opiklo

Im going to put this simply.. mainly because I have lost tolerance for this topic.

if you try to make the only casual mode of pvp win based and not participation based you willl decrease pops. you will see toxicity, and whats left of reg queuers will filter away. and then, you will blame bioware, for failing to keep numbers when in reality you caused it with such an inane suggestion as "you only get rewards if you win"

@rafiknoll

yes the only senseable alteration they can do to casual mode pvp is make it medals on completetion.

yes the only senseable alteration they can do to casual mode pvp is make it medals on completetion.

so thats what i said from the beginning... but you chose to argue that devs can only give incenitves bla bla...

what did change your mind?

would it maybe be nice if "complete a wz and earn 8 medals" maybe, but there are dailys and weekly for that. this game is not hurting for incentives to "finish" a wz

I didnt, this is what I posted on the first page. I simply stated that rafiknoll who actually suggested it, rather than just mentioning it, as a possiblity was viable.

Edited by Seterade

Im going to put this simply.. mainly because I have lost tolerance for this topic.

if you try to make the only casual mode of pvp win based and not participation based you willl decrease pops. you will see toxicity, and whats left of reg queuers will filter away. and then, you will blame bioware, for failing to keep numbers when in reality you caused it with such an inane suggestion as "you only get rewards if you win"

@rafiknoll

Please, back in the day the pvp dailies required a win and matches were so much better when people cared. I don't care if its the "casual" mode. Its the ONLY mode we have for warzones (I hate arenas.) Heaven forbid there's an incentive to play the objective and try to win.

When it comes to Pvp, devs always been full of ignorance, incompetence and arrogance. Time and time they got proven wrong, luckily 70%got kicked out after the post launch disaster.

Sadly not all.

What BW never understood is:

1. No WZ popping are worst, but people will come back

2. Bad WZ will produce less rage, but will produce permanent loss.

You are more likely to come again for a service you didn't have than when you received bad service multiple times.

And yet all they keep doing is to make poor decisions trying to break rule1 with rule 2 and vice versa instead of actually fixing issues.

After more than half a decade there is a pattern repeated over and over again.

Things that don't work:

Requirements to count only wins are bad because we have a gear gap due to a poorly gear progression system. Gating progression or severely hampering it will further kill your WZ player pool and quality. This has been proven with 2 cycles at least in swtor history.

Stopped counting how many times WZ are no fun because with the new grind update there had been something woven into WZ participation, netting us at least 6 out of 16 player with zero interest in actually pvping. Easy to get *basic gear 2 tiers lower, conquest when it was all the rage, crystals, crystals v2, cycling bonus rewards for a WZ. Easy XP, afkers everywhere.

You Name it, it made WZ flood with undesirables.

The worst thing always had been the sheer arrogance of various BW devs in history of this game.

Most things could be mend with simple fixes or a basic set of administration, read:GM banning and patrolling WZs. It was truly sad when simple macro scripts flooded the WZs for BOTTING gaining easy rewards.

But No. According to them we don't need class balance, we don't need tiny gear gaps, or AFK timers at the staging areas. Or lvl brackets, or cross faction. Or not random loot boxes. Oh wait that one surfaced again....

If one thing emerged over time, they will completely not care about WZ issues interfer with the great plan of keeping pve subbers busy and whatever poor recycled design they reintroduce. Bright side, next update is close and so some other iditocracy due to emerge after removing old ones, maybe this time for the better.

I can only speak for my server but the great positive nostalgia in the time of ziost right before the twin add-on was due to the WZ where full of players actually just there for the pvp. Easy gearing was just one aspect but the most important been nothing else was there for the undesirables to join in and farm stuff with least efford instead of pvping.

I hardly ever do regs any more. The 8 medal requirement has me playing only one match per toon. I'm not sure if it's because I'm over regs, or I'm enjoying Ossus dailies and owPvP, or if it's the baddies farming for their 8 medals. I guess it's a combo of all three.

lol and same objective this week! :D

I bet they preemptively decided to run it again so as not to piss off pvp'ers with a pve objective.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

No amount of incentive will force someone who doesn't like PvP to actually participate. They are simply going through the motions we should stop trying.

The bigger issue with this quest may instead be people who will drop queue immediately if a 4v4 or odessen comes up soley for the reason that it is easier to get to 8 medals on the other war types. I'm not saying that is a people problem, but just inherently an issue with this silly quest requirement.

Lets face it, requiring 8 medals for a non-pvper is only going to keep this person in the war longer than if you required 6 medals, there is no change that will actually make someone try harder than they need to.

Maybe instead, that rotating weekly should be a choice. Finish any 1 of these quests:

1.) something group pve'ers like to do

2.) something solo pve'ers like to do

3.) something pvpers like to do

We can give incentives for people to try other things they normally do not do, but silly gearing requirements FORCING people to do things they know they do not like to do, will only produce bad results.

Maybe instead, that rotating weekly should be a choice. Finish any 1 of these quests:

1.) something group pve'ers like to do

2.) something solo pve'ers like to do

3.) something pvpers like to do

This make so much more sense the weird 'rotating weekly' (that didn't rotate?) thing the dev's came up with. One size does NOT fit all.

I don't mind pvp, but I'm definitely a casual pvp player only. Sometimes you just don't feel like doing pvp, having a choice to do something else would be great.

That and I don't like taking all classes and specs into pvp. Some are better for pve, and others are better for pvp.

I like how no one has any clue what this 5.10s design is.

there are 2 crystals grantable from pve: pve bosses and 500 UC (pvp is not the only source of UC and 500 is easy)

there are 2 crystals grantable from pvp: 1000 UC and 8 medals.

you dont have to get both, you (from your responces) want your cake and eat it too. you want all four crystals, but only if by doing your desired content.

maybe instead of demanding that bioware canter to you you should look at it this way: you can either do your desired content, and get 2 crystal, or you can go the extra mile, be a try hard BiS player, and get all four doing all content.

you dont have to get both, you (from your responces) want your cake and eat it too. you want all four crystals, but only if by doing your desired content.

And what is the problem with wanting that? Do you like speding your money to do things you don't like?

If people have to repeat over and over the same things to archive their goal, why can't they at least choose their content?

This part could be easy solved if BW decided to stop forcing content over people. Make the MDC available in several end game activities (with the amount you get is in proportion to the time required and the dificulty), add a weekly cap if needed to avoid farming or slow a little the progress.