Hacks and lag switching back, I’m out.

TrixxieTriss

What ever fix Bioware did months ago to stop hacking has been undone.

Void Star on Star Forge.

I just watch a Jugg speed run at double the speed Mara predation has and they didn’t even have a Mara or sent on the team.

He did this all match when he needed to escape from dying or to chase you down. Running twice as fast as my shadow on speed run like I was walking.

Then when it came time for them to attack the doors, we would red x while he was capping and no one could stop him. Didn’t happen to anyone on his team, only ours. So it wasn’t just server lag or bad connections from 8 different people from all over.

I would love to name names and guilds. It is a guild that’s been caught doing it in the past.

On a seperate issue, what ever Bioware has done to “reduce” desync, it has had the affect of abilities hardly activating.

That, plus the above cheating and the excessive ******** gear grind is the last straw. I’m out.

What ever fix Bioware did months ago to stop hacking has been undone.

Void Star on Star Forge.

I just watch a Jugg speed run at double the speed Mara predation has and they didn’t even have a Mara or sent on the team.

He did this all match when he needed to escape from dying or to chase you down. Running twice as fast as my shadow on speed run like I was walking.

Then when it came time for them to attack the doors, we would red x while he was capping and no one could stop him. Didn’t happen to anyone on his team, only ours. So it wasn’t just server lag or bad connections from 8 different people from all over.

I would love to name names and guilds. It is a guild that’s been caught doing it in the past.

On a seperate issue, what ever Bioware has done to “reduce” desync, it has had the affect of abilities hardly activating.

That, plus the above cheating and the excessive ******** gear grind is the last straw. I’m out.

I would be reallly curious now... How many posts have you created so far?

When, exactly, did cheats ever go away? They didn’t. It’s just that you’re the only one who sees them 19 times a day.

They actually "fixed" some of the stuff 2-3 months ago that was going on like how cheaters were dropping down through floors and going through walls to grab the huttball before anyone else could get to the ball etc.

As for what is being seen now, I can't relate. Did I mention I been off the game for 2 months now? :)

I just wanted to correct you on your error of saying hacks were never improved upon, as they were. Hey, I give credit when it's due and BW did actually improve upon some of the stuff that was really getting bad.

As for lag switches not sure if I ever seen such things. I mean I have seen lag induced inability to hit targets and other anomalies but I just chalk it up as real lag, not player induced lag.

That being said, I know on older games people were able to induce lag in the game to disconnect others etc., so this wouldn't surprise me if SWTOR has cheaters using such mechanisms.

When, exactly, did cheats ever go away? They didn’t. It’s just that you’re the only one who sees them 19 times a day.

I see wonkiness in a lot of warzones. Voidstar is terrible for that - there is no point watching the door because the bombs are getting planted with no sign of anything, not even a cast bar. Then there's huttball, I have no idea knows what's going on in those, I can't target my own team members, let alone the enemy.

Thing is - I don't know the game well enough to differentiat between a cheat, hack, exploit, or just a desync issue.

It doesn't mean no one else is seeing the thing Trixxie does, but most are probably like me. I don't come to the forums and rant about the problems I see in warzones. I'm not going to throw cheating accusations around without knowing for sure it's not just some game issue; and I'm not invested in pvp enough to spend the time needed to figure out what's what.

Most of the time its a L2P issue. Many times its a crappy game issue. There are hackers tho, Trix ain't wrong. I haven't seen it since "the great fix of 18", but I don't doubt its true as Trix doesn't spend a lot of time in genchat accusing people of hacking like the baddies do.

The abilities not activating thing.. yeah, thats worse than its ever been. Maybe its just worse desync, but I don't think so.

Abilitys not activating is a ping issue.

on a regular 24/7 basis after a fight I have to repeatedly press "heal" to class heal.. heres the thing tho. my character instantly goes into the "heal" animation, just no cast bar, and no "heal"ing. its ping. this can happen with any "casted" ability from sorc bubble (Iv died with my hands up and sorc bubble on cd from a raging burst) to blazing bolts activating for an instant on a losd target and not having it go on cd, regardless of cast interuption.

itt is a desync issue/ping

on your screen the graphic goes through but it doesnt reach server in time. resulting in the animation but not the effect

this animation without cast/effect for me became a 24/7 thing when bioware erased west coast servers. I used to have 30 ping, and it happened once in a blue moon. I now have 90 to 120 and it happens 24/7. I just spam press abilitys now.

Edited by Seterade

"Cheater" doesn't necessarily mean "Bad forever." They're still human, which means they're capable of learning if they care to.

it hypotheticaly does. as long as one cheats at an activity they are not playing the same game as everyone else. and since you (generaly) cant be just instantly good at an activity with zero exp with it, as long as one chooses to cheat and not play the same game they are hypotheticaly "bad" at say swtor. or basketball. should they choose to stop cheating and L2P the activity correctly they stop being a "cheater". so in theory as long as you are a "cheater" you are bad until you stop cheating.

it hypotheticaly does. as long as one cheats at an activity they are not playing the same game as everyone else. and since you (generaly) cant be just instantly good at an activity with zero exp with it, as long as one chooses to cheat and not play the same game they are hypotheticaly "bad" at say swtor. or basketball. should they choose to stop cheating and L2P the activity correctly they stop being a "cheater". so in theory as long as you are a "cheater" you are bad until you stop cheating.

This is so true. They will never get better because they have no challenge. If someone cheats to make it easy there is nothing to make them get better. They dont really need to try if the cheats let them Cruze by.

But if they are so bad that cheating only makes them as good as a noob who isn’t cheating, then they should improve because it will still be hard for them.

I don’t know wether to feel bad for those people if they are so bad they need to cheat to be noob level.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

But if they are so bad that cheating only makes them as good as a noob who isn’t cheating, then they should improve because it will still be hard for them.

I don’t know wether to feel bad for those people if they are so bad they need to cheat to be noob level.

They theoretically could improve in the game "hacked SWTOR" until they are "good" in it. Then either they get noticed too much (due to their impact on the game getting bigger) and get banned or the cheat gets known enough so the devs act upon it and disable it somehow. Either way they will realize that improving in "hacked SWTOR" didn't help them at all in "SWTOR" itself, and they will have to start over again :D

They theoretically could improve in the game "hacked SWTOR" until they are "good" in it. Then either they get noticed too much (due to their impact on the game getting bigger) and get banned or the cheat gets known enough so the devs act upon it and disable it somehow. Either way they will realize that improving in "hacked SWTOR" didn't help them at all in "SWTOR" itself, and they will have to start over again :D

If only that was the case. Bioware don’t ban people for hacking unless their as blatant as Jez. It’s why people do it because there are no real repercussions. They see others doing and do it too.

I’ll admit it’s no where near as bad as it use to be, but it’s standing out with those doing it after not seeing any for many months since “Bioware fixed it” so they couldn’t.

Now if you do see one it’s easy to identify (if you know the classes and abilities).

These hack trolls come back every Xmas because Bioware go on holidays and reporting won’t do anything at all. They stay till about mid to end of Jan and then disappear again for 11 months.

• 2 weeks later...

There was no fix, just another lie.

Whatever is causing desync issues to the point that the client can chain abilities at double rate (and movement speed) or slows you down is deep within the thread priorisation messed up in the game engine. Only a restart of the client will normalise it.

One time you permanently got a gcd of less than 0.3s and move at rocket boot speed around all over the warzone, the other day you are standing with 60k hp at the capture point and the next second you stand respawned in the staging area apparently with a dead happened in between and spawning in less than 1second.

Every other game I keep running against the white counter wall, sometimes the wall opens up at 3/4 the other time it's 4/4 bar and once in a lifetime it may sync and open up when all bars are down.

Yesterday no one was jumping or rolling across the war zones. Anyone doing leaps, jumps, or rolls would simply be stuck in an animation jiggling on the spot for one or two seconds and then getting an updated position on the other side of the map.

Desync and poor position buffering as well as sanity checks on movement buffers, can make people seem to teleport around.

By the time you see them roll, they might have done it 2 or 3 seconds ago, then the next desync spike happened and they got standing on your screen in their roll animation, all while moving since 5 seconds away from you. Now the buffer catches up and their position get's a proper update but now their are 100 meters away because in reality they walked for the last 6 seconds or so in that direction. But for you they just used a roll to escape and stuck then teleported.

The whole communication between ability execution, server checks and position buffer is really messed up and needs re-engineering from the ground up, which will never happen.

Restart the client, pray you have a good day and ping the desync might stay bearable for a while.

Now for the aspects of hacking, the position buffer doesn't care what the client represents him as long as it is valid* if you try to jump up vertical mountain steps, which we have to do for holocrons everyone expirienced a repositioning which may put him on a spot more higher but which he did not reach while jumping.

Basically the buffer set you on the top because at the point the check happened you have been closer to a valid standing position on the top than rather down where you started to jump. Interpolation working in your favor.

Same principle when you roll of an edge and then the client let's you slide almost double the distance.

I've seen IA and smuggler cheaters roll behind the doors in voidstar and tap from behind the door. The target rectangle made it clear combined with target not visible to attack them.

Also the engine don't send out and buffer enough information concerning placeables or active objects, e.g. Voidstar doors, bridges, fences. Obstacels. If one had a bad enough desync he could run through an empty hallway past the non existing doors, but by the time the client get's the information that there are doors he transmitted already several 'valid' position locations behind the door, thus the buffer won't teleport him back when everything syncs up again.

I'm not saying all needs to be teared down and made new, but a little care from a developer and some engineering would fix most exploits hacks and overall Quality of life for all.

Disable movement skills near objectives, add death fields tied to objectives e. G. Behind the doors on voidstar. And so on.

It's just sad how desolate this game got treated since release

Well the wall hack is back and can be exploited to escape damage or attack and not get targeted. I watched the same Operative in a few matches use it.

The first time he had sunk into the floor and was back stabbing my ankles. I couldnt see him at all until I hit the area with an AOE and saw numbers coming out of the ground. Then I put a target on his head and watched him attack people from beneath the ground. He would only take damage if you AOEd him because you couldnt target him.

Later he phased into a wall as I was about to kill him. I watched him heal to full while I couldn’t touch him and then phase back out and stealth escape.

Yes this could have been a bug, but he did it in a few matches and no other Operative had this bug. I even tried it on mine to see if it was a bug so I could report it as such.

I’ve seen some other suspect things happening too, but nothing as blatant except maybe the Mara who kept coming back to health after he died 4 times in an arena in the space of a minute. Yes he was dead, his whole team had already died (so no healing) and my whole team saw him die.

So the hacks are definitely back. Just keep an eye out for them and report to CS what you see. Remember it’s important to include the name, guild, server, time zone as well, map and describe in detail what you saw.

If you can get corroborating witnesses to report as well that will help. What’s even better is if you were able to get any recording or screen shots.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I've definitely noticed a lot of behaviour I would chalk up to lag switching over the holidays, but EA isn't helping itself any by having such terrible desync issues. Vandin was just a nightmare for this since day one which makes it too easy to call hacks when its just a bad tech-gremlin day (or vice versa). It's bad to the point I think they should tear down warzone maps to be just flat, one level affairs.

The ability delay is just brutal as well...even in PVE, when combined with the companion bugs that cause them to stop attacking targets, it's caused me to die way more often than I should running dailies.

That said, I have noticed there is one thing worth checking on your machine anytime it acts up - make sure your power management plan is set to performance, not energy conservation. That will help kill off some of the smaller quirky issues.

I've definitely noticed a lot of behaviour I would chalk up to lag switching over the holidays, but EA isn't helping itself any by having such terrible desync issues. Vandin was just a nightmare for this since day one which makes it too easy to call hacks when its just a bad tech-gremlin day (or vice versa). It's bad to the point I think they should tear down warzone maps to be just flat, one level affairs.

The ability delay is just brutal as well...even in PVE, when combined with the companion bugs that cause them to stop attacking targets, it's caused me to die way more often than I should running dailies.

That said, I have noticed there is one thing worth checking on your machine anytime it acts up - make sure your power management plan is set to performance, not energy conservation. That will help kill off some of the smaller quirky issues.

Glad to know I am not alone having ability delays... I am on darth malgus, not sure where you at.

Ability delay is the best thing that can happen to me in PVP, in 1v1 fight especially..... Ability delays just makes sure I end up a smoking corpse in critical situations... because force camouflage, or undying.. just didn't fire up when I pressed the key.... only 1, 2 seconds later. ;)

It was bad a few while back... then it went away and now now during the holiday came back again for me. Hope... with maintenance they kinda sort things out. it's not happening all the time.. but when it happens in the wrong moment it's just annoying.

Glad to know I am not alone having ability delays... I am on darth malgus, not sure where you at.

Ability delay is the best thing that can happen to me in PVP, in 1v1 fight especially..... Ability delays just makes sure I end up a smoking corpse in critical situations... because force camouflage, or undying.. just didn't fire up when I pressed the key.... only 1, 2 seconds later. ;)

It was bad a few while back... then it went away and now now during the holiday came back again for me. Hope... with maintenance they kinda sort things out. it's not happening all the time.. but when it happens in the wrong moment it's just annoying.

The ability activation delays always seem to creep back in straight after a major patch or expansion.

Today I force pushed someone with my guardian, and then got reported for hacking. Which is quite odd in itself, in this case though. I was was lucky enough to be on lower ground, which sort of pushed them up and over a kolto pot. But, I guess the other player, who so kindly hurled abuse at me via tells, couldn't figure that out.

Some times it's just an oddity and not really a hack. but I'm sure some people are pretty blatant at using hacks.

Today I force pushed someone with my guardian, and then got reported for hacking. Which is quite odd in itself, in this case though. I was was lucky enough to be on lower ground, which sort of pushed them up and over a kolto pot. But, I guess the other player, who so kindly hurled abuse at me via tells, couldn't figure that out.

Some times it's just an oddity and not really a hack. but I'm sure some people are pretty blatant at using hacks.

Oh, I agree. 90% of all accusations are because of people who don’t understand the other classes abilities or even their own most of the time.

I’m sure you’ve probably been accused of hacking on your Jugg/guardian (like me) when you use endure bastion and heal to full while a bunch of fools hit you. Or if you have a sent/Mara and camo out. The best one is being accused of speed hacking when you use predation/transcendence or phase walking on a Sorc.

I think I’ve been accused at least 100 times (over multiple classes) of hacking in the last 7 years all because people don’t understand class abilities or map mechanics. Although a couple were bugs like leaping (Jugg) and falling through the map. A bug that still happens to this day for so many people.

I’m always the first to debug hack calls in matches and educate people if they are confused with abilities or mechanics. If you don’t play every class /spec in the game it can be more challenging to know them all, but not impossible.

When you know all of those abilities and mechanics it’s really easy to spot usual behaviour and then try and work out if it’s a bug, perposely exploited bug or a definite hack/script.

Having an operative purposely phase in and out of walls is a not normal or a bug.

i won't link it, or give you the links, but there are forums out there, about creating and using hacks for swtor. there it is said, that using a speed hack will auto-ban the account. i don't know, never used a cheat.

the flyhack should work, because the auto-ban just works by checking distances. i think otherwise you would get auto-banned, by clipping through walls in pve, too.

also there are a lot of very old bugs, making it possible to open the doors at voidstar from the other side. so you don't see anybody tapping and you can't stop it. and it is still possible to get to the doors before everybody else in the second round, or clipping through the gates to enter the warzone before everybody else. or tapping from places where it is impossible to tap. but this is more exploiting bugs, than cheating or using hacks.

because many player already left the game, these known bugs are still there but they are not known anymore.

and of course the l2p issue is always there, combined with stupid bugs.

also there is a possibility to force desyncs. and there where tons of proposals, how to fix them, that you can't abuse it. as you can see, still possible.

i won't link it, or give you the links, but there are forums out there, about creating and using hacks for swtor. there it is said, that using a speed hack will auto-ban the account. i don't know, never used a cheat.

the flyhack should work, because the auto-ban just works by checking distances. i think otherwise you would get auto-banned, by clipping through walls in pve, too.

also there are a lot of very old bugs, making it possible to open the doors at voidstar from the other side. so you don't see anybody tapping and you can't stop it. and it is still possible to get to the doors before everybody else in the second round, or clipping through the gates to enter the warzone before everybody else. or tapping from places where it is impossible to tap. but this is more exploiting bugs, than cheating or using hacks.

because many player already left the game, these known bugs are still there but they are not known anymore.

and of course the l2p issue is always there, combined with stupid bugs.

also there is a possibility to force desyncs. and there where tons of proposals, how to fix them, that you can't abuse it. as you can see, still possible.

Those sites have been around for 7 years. Most aren’t updated because hardly anyone plays the game anymore. But there is a little group of hack trolls lead by one in particular (most of us know who he is) who disseminate these hacks and other services for money through discord.

What I can tell you is the speed hack auto detect only works if the player is moving faster than is possible for any class or mechanic. Unfortunately every class has a speed boost of some sort and you have phase walk and Operative roll which is faster than speed running. So unless the hacker is blatantly using the hack at max settings to run at twice the normal speed abilities, the auto detect won’t pick it up. That means you can theoretically have a hacker on a Jugg running at the full speed of Mara predation for the whole match and not even need a Mara on the team. They won’t get detected by the system and most people can’t tell it’s a hack because they assume there is a Mara around using predation or some other speed mechanic in the map.

Fly hacking works without being detected because it’s impossible for Bioware to get xyz axis right in the game. That’s why we have such bad desync in Hutt Ball matches because of the different heights. You also have classes that can leap or blow people back. Both of those things can make a person get blown to the top of maps or fall through maps altogether. I’ve been blown from one side of the Hypergates map to the other side when I lept to a Sorc who blew me back at the same time. I was basically in orbit as I glided the whole distance from one node to the other and died on impact.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Indulge me here, seeing I'm completely ignorant on this matter.

Enter a HuttBall - The Pit. Everything is normal, attacking numerous players, everything is going fine. Suddenly fight a Merc. Im glitching all over the place, suddenly I'm meters away from my original area instantly. Feels like lost time, if that is understandable. End up maybe 15m away near another enemy player instantly, the Merc is nowhere to be seen.

I dont partake in these threads for one, most of the time its players ignorance on the spec they encounter and outside influences, and two I just never seen anything that has ever been discussed until today.

Now would that be lag switch? Ungodly desync? Or just an anomaly? Server Star Forge.

Edited by -Highsteel-

Indulge me here, seeing I'm completely ignorant on this matter.

Enter a HuttBall - The Pit. Everything is normal, attacking numerous players, everything is going fine. Suddenly fight a Merc. Im glitching all over the place, suddenly I'm meters away from my original area instantly. Feels like lost time, if that is understandable. End up maybe 15m away near another enemy player instantly, the Merc is nowhere to be seen.

I dont partake in these threads for one, most of the time its players ignorance on the spec they encounter and outside influences, and two I just never seen anything that has ever been discussed until today.

Now would that be lag switch? Ungodly desync? Or just an anomaly? Server Star Forge.

Sounds more like desync.