We have been patient... now what?

Yeldah_

Eric Musco, Keith Kanneg,

About a year ago you released something called "UNITED FORCES" for this game. A so called "update" and "investment" which has been nothing but the bane of our existence. You asked us for patience while you attempted to make this a "smooth and painless process for everyone." Well here we are one year later. We waited, with monumental patience I might add. But things are worse than ever for the Aussie and Kiwi players. We suffer as noone else suffers in PVP. I personally get kicked from the server at least once every damn session while PVPing in this game. Once upon a time I would be lucky if that happened once a week. Now it happens all the time. What exactly did you try to do to make this smooth and painless? PVP for the last 12 months has been nothing but pain. Hardly a wisp of empathy from the North American player base of those in Europe. We seem to be nothing but a putrid smell that you frantically try and cover up as much as you can. We drift around the remaining servers; shunned and forgotten. But I am still here. WE are still here, and I will personally continue to voice the grievances of all Australasian players and fight for the Star Wars experience that you stole from them.

So, Keith and Eric I ask again, what now?

I'm not sure what you are waiting on. They clearly explained what they were doing at the time. We haven't had an Asia based server since very early on and it won't be coming back.

Even without an asian/ocieanic server the game was still playable with both US server locations, we just picked the best side. Now there is only one and its the worst one imaginable for Australasian players. Im glad I dont pvp. Its workable, mostly, with pure pve but for pvp that little bit of extra ping makes it go from relatively playable content to completely unplayable

Even without an asian/ocieanic server the game was still playable with both US server locations, we just picked the best side. Now there is only one and its the worst one imaginable for Australasian players. Im glad I dont pvp. Its workable, mostly, with pure pve but for pvp that little bit of extra ping makes it go from relatively playable content to completely unplayable

I dunno if its possible to ignore a thread but if it is I bet the east coasters all ignore this one.

While you have my sympathy, it is not reasonable to think it will get much better. It was a poor choice to move all US servers to th east coast, but it isn't going to change.

There are massive technical issues beyond BWs control between you and the servers. You'll be better off lobbying the Australian/New Zealand government/telecomms to get better cables and routing to the US. While your at it, maybe you could figure out entangled communications so we can skip speed of light restrictions altogether.

No they did not and you know it. They slipped in changes at the last moment and people only found out after it was done.

Yes, we found out "at that time" that the servers were both east coast US now, probably around Virginia. They may not have announced that ahead of time, but there is no announcement that we're currently waiting on. All discussion of that process was had within a day or so after it went live.

Eric Musco, Keith Kanneg,

About a year ago you released something called "UNITED FORCES" for this game. A so called "update" and "investment" which has been nothing but the bane of our existence. You asked us for patience while you attempted to make this a "smooth and painless process for everyone." Well here we are one year later. We waited, with monumental patience I might add. But things are worse than ever for the Aussie and Kiwi players. We suffer as noone else suffers in PVP. I personally get kicked from the server at least once every damn session while PVPing in this game. Once upon a time I would be lucky if that happened once a week. Now it happens all the time. What exactly did you try to do to make this smooth and painless? PVP for the last 12 months has been nothing but pain. Hardly a wisp of empathy from the North American player base of those in Europe. We seem to be nothing but a putrid smell that you frantically try and cover up as much as you can. We drift around the remaining servers; shunned and forgotten. But I am still here. WE are still here, and I will personally continue to voice the grievances of all Australasian players and fight for the Star Wars experience that you stole from them.

So, Keith and Eric I ask again, what now?

+1

I too would like some help on the ping spikes problems that I can only trace back to the game data Center and the desync problem on the servers.

I’m not holding my breath that anything will change for us APAC players. But I would like to see these things fixed for my fellow gamers.

The game is unfortunately dying as far as population. Sure we’ve had an influx with 5.10, but they will all be gone by January because excessive grinding for gear as a substitute for content isn’t fun. I would even go as far as saying we will have less players than 2 months ago.

Then we’ll have the usual people tell us it’s holidays and people are away, then it will be people are just back at school or work, then it will be because it’s summer again.

None of those reasons explain away the constant decline in numbers vs the same periods as the previous year(s).

The game is declining faster than even I assumed it would because of poor decisions and apathy towards players needs and wants. Too much focus is put on grind and and Bling (barbie playhouse) over new content and fixing bugs and playability.

When feed back is given, it is rarely listened too properly (or ignored) or changed for the better. It seems Bioware and the swtor team are mostly disconnected with the larger player base because they focus too much on their NDA friend testers (who agree way too much with Bioware vs the rest of the players. They are basically “yes” men).

Too many mistakes made last year and this year (conquest) are key contributors to the rapidly declining player base. This gear grind is the latest in line of poor decisions driving pvpers and players away.

I said last year that we would need more mergers in 2019 unless things changed and an expansion was also released by March/April 2019. From what I understand, 6.0 won’t be till this time next year. By then we will definitely have 3 dead servers again and people clambering for mergers.

I have a very bad feeling that 6.0 will be the last thing we see for this game before it is put to bed.

While you have my sympathy, it is not reasonable to think it will get much better. It was a poor choice to move all US servers to th east coast, but it isn't going to change.

There are massive technical issues beyond BWs control between you and the servers. You'll be better off lobbying the Australian/New Zealand government/telecomms to get better cables and routing to the US. While your at it, maybe you could figure out entangled communications so we can skip speed of light restrictions altogether.

Deciding where the data centre is located is within Bioware's control. Noone is asking for miracles, just a little common sense from the gamer's perspective. And you can take the piss out of us all you like; I've heard it all before.

We already have superfast sub cables. You physically can’t get them any faster.

I’ve also got fibre to my house and ping 4-5ms to the sub cable.

The whole of the Australian internet is being upgraded and is nearly finished. In most cases it’s faster than the US network.

I can ping to the east coast at 156-170ms. The extra 80-100ms I get to the servers is traveling across the US.

I have to use an extra paid service (WTFast $15 per month or $20 AU) to lower it more. That also means my sub to swtor is another $20. So I’m paying $40 AU a month to play this game.

I wonder how many US or EU players would continue playing if they had to pay $40 a month just to play swtor under the same conditions APAC players do. I doubt many would pay that much if the game was perfect and they had 4ms ping to the servers.

It also seems the US net neutrality might be adding more headaches for APAC players because they can throttle us and we have no recourse. Which is another reason why I’m using WTFast because they seem to be able to get around it.

It’s not just the ping, it’s the spikes and desync in pvp that are the biggest issues for me. You can learn to get use to a reasonable increase in ping “if” it’s stable, but when it spikes or you have excessive desync, you cannot get used to it.

80% of the time that I lose against another player is because of the lag. Not because they are better players or have better gear.

If I’m fighting on my Jugg or Mara, I will never get my leap in first vs another warrior class. Right there that is a big difference because it builds rage/fury to use. Or I try leaping to someone and they just aren’t there anymore.

If I’m on my Sorc and I use god bubble, I still die through it 50% of the time.

If I’m on my stealth and I see a Merc scan drop in front of me but can’t stop or avoid it because I’m lagging even though I don’t enter it, I still get detected.

Try stopping a capper while you lag and they cap infront of you and your team abuses you for not interrupting.

I use to play ranked pvp when we had apac servers. When they closed them I had to spend months learning to deal with west coast lag. Even then it wasn’t ideal and it would kill me. Now with the servers on the east coast I can’t play ranked at all.

I can literally spam my DCDs before getting hit and die before they activate, ie, use Sorc bubble 1 second before getting lept to and die 2 seconds into it.

And don’t get me started on desync which has been constantly getting worse since 5.0.

Server ping spikes and desync are all Bioware and they can control that. The relocation of the data Center was also under their control.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

+1

Looks like its just Yeldah and Trixxie against the servers. Still waiting for Bioware's white knights to crawl out and tell me how supporting the Aussies and Kiwis is "not economically viable" and all the rest of it. I guess they're busy having moist convos about real topics like which companion they are in love with this week and the dank new items they got half price from the cartel market.

Looks like its just Yeldah and Trixxie against the servers. Still waiting for Bioware's white knights to crawl out and tell me how supporting the Aussies and Kiwis is "not economically viable" and all the rest of it. I guess they're busy having moist convos about real topics like which companion they are in love with this week and the dank new items they got half price from the cartel market.

+1 even though I'm not even from that part of our planet.

It's maybe unreasonable to want an Australian server, but it's completely normal to want AT LEAST a West Coast one. I just hope that your crusade succeeds.

Good luck and happy hunting!

I’m an Aussie player, I can attest to this. Ever since the server merger, things have been increasingly more laggy and out of sync. Now I don’t believe that we will ever get another Australian server again. However I do hope that as Casey Hudson stated that we will get new content on par with release. Hopefully this will bring a lot more people back and allow more Australia friendly servers in the future

+1 even though I'm not even from that part of our planet.

It's maybe unreasonable to want an Australian server, but it's completely normal to want AT LEAST a West Coast one. I just hope that your crusade succeeds.

Good luck and happy hunting!

You're damn right it makes sense for a west coast server. Support west coast north Americans and the Aussies and Kiwis at the same time? I suppose common sense has gone out of fashion.

You're damn right it makes sense for a west coast server. Support west coast north Americans and the Aussies and Kiwis at the same time? I suppose common sense has gone out of fashion.

Apparently the video game company that brings in billions upon billions in profit every single year couldn't afford to rent two datacenters. Short sighted, penny pinching cost-cutting is the only reason I can see for why EA chose to move all the servers to the East Coast, especially considering the highest pop server at the time of the last mergers was Harbinger on the WEST Coast. So it's not like there was a lack of players on that coast.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah we had 1 or 2 Main servers on the West Coast to, but now we only have the East coast. EA is Not really known for caring for it's customers like Bioware unfortunately. If anyone doesn't believe then they can always look on the net.:D

Edited by MandFlurry

If I’m fighting on my Jugg or Mara, I will never get my leap in first vs another warrior class. Right there that is a big difference because it builds rage/fury to use. Or I try leaping to someone and they just aren’t there anymore.

If I’m on my Sorc and I use god bubble, I still die through it 50% of the time.

If I’m on my stealth and I see a Merc scan drop in front of me but can’t stop or avoid it because I’m lagging even though I don’t enter it, I still get detected.

Try stopping a capper while you lag and they cap infront of you and your team abuses you for not interrupting.

That describes very well some of the things i suffer in PvP. Sadly my case cannot be solved with a West coast server because i'm from Argentina.

Having two east cost servers and no west cost server at all is one of the worst things EA/BW did; and they have made (and still do) a lot of bad things.

Hope this change and you get APAC server or at least West Coast.

more grind for an abandoned game ?

Abandoned game you say? hmmmm, Still here you are, yes.? hmm Abandoned game when will you? today? Been saying this for some time have you?hmmm Still here are you? Maybe not as abandoned game as you claim. hmmm.

Edited by TalleraLane