1 Gear Item per Week

Wimbleton

How about just answering the question without snark. I personally have not had time to grind enough rep yet to buy anything which is why I haven’t tested it myself.

Ontop of that the only time I can play before I go away for the weekend has now been sabotaged because we have a black out. So I will have to rely on other people’s information (like yours) until I can get enough rep to test it next week.

You will notice that I posted this earlier after I read it on reddit. Is there any truth to this? Have you tested yourself to confirm. Apparently there is a problem swapping 252 mods out and into legacy gear

It would be great if you could check for some of us who can’t at the moment. You’ve obviously got the gear yourself or you wouldn’t be telling us how easy it is to get.

First off, you are the one who engaged with me. I don't owe you anything. That includes answers to questions. I'm the one doing YOU a favor here.

All you need is outsider rep, to get the belt, bracers, and earpiece. ANYONE could have tested that. You still haven't spent the time to look, think about, or educated yourself on the situation. It would literally be a couple of minutes for a normal person to figure this out. But it's easier to complain about how hard gearing is, right?

Can you explain in detail how you will do this so that we may all benefit from your wisdom

Oh, so you can dish out snark but not take it. Noted.

When someone with a name almost exactly like yours is in gen chat looking for help on the heroic 4, I kinda wonder how long that power outage lasts. Well, lets be nice and assume it wasn't you.

As for the enhancement/mod situation, that was already known, and discussed on the forums. It's an even bigger reason to be gearing through alts, which should be self evident by now.

I get the complaint about alts. 5.0 was a "main" centric gearing meta. But it's been 2 years now. You've had time. Everyone was complaining about how "main" centric 5.0 gearing was, and now people are complaining about how alt centric gearing is. There's no winning with you guys, it's going to be complaints regardless.

There's some even smarter gearing plans you can use, especially when dealing with the armoring shell situation, but I feel like it would be pearls before swine at this point. That's all this thread was to begin with. Since it's not gearing exactly the way you want it, (glory days of 4.0) it needs to be projected that it's too hard, regardless of facts. Duly noted.

I'll just leave this last note here, and leave you guys to your complaint fest.

Returning vets, or a brand new players, who feel disadvantaged by the current alt situation might have some options. Master Datacrons are 2k cartel coins, or about 45-50 million on the cartel market. Also as Trixxie mentioned, a double exp event is happening in a few weeks. Other than some level 60-65 tokens from expansions that you might have floating around, that's all I can help you with on that front. People who are prepared benefit, people who don't, don't.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, you are the one who engaged with me. I don't owe you anything. That includes answers to questions. I'm the one doing YOU a favor here.

All you need is outsider rep, to get the belt, bracers, and earpiece. ANYONE could have tested that. You still haven't spent the time to look, think about, or educated yourself on the situation. It would literally be a couple of minutes for a normal person to figure this out. But it's easier to complain about how hard gearing is, right?

When someone with a name almost exactly like yours is in gen chat looking for help on the heroic 4, I kinda wonder how long that power outage lasts. Well, lets be nice and assume it wasn't you.

As for the enhancement/mod situation, that was already known, and discussed on the forums. It's an even bigger reason to be gearing through alts, which should be self evident by now.

I get the complaint about alts. 5.0 was a "main" centric gearing meta. But it's been 2 years now. You've had time. Everyone was complaining about how "main" centric 5.0 gearing was, and now people are complaining about how alt centric gearing is. There's no winning with you guys, it's going to be complaints regardless.

There's some even smarter gearing plans you can use, especially when dealing with the armoring shell situation, but I feel like it would be pearls before swine at this point. That's all this thread was to begin with. Since it's not gearing exactly the way you want it, (glory days of 4.0) it needs to be projected that it's too hard, regardless of facts. Duly noted.

Returning vets, or a brand new players, who feel disadvantaged by the current alt situation might have some options. Master Datacrons are 2k cartel coins, or about 45-50 million on the cartel market. Also as Trixxie mentioned, a double exp event is happening in a few weeks. Other than some level 60-65 tokens from expansions that you might have floating around, that's all I can help you with on that front. People who are prepared benefit, people who don't, don't.

Your comment is totally wrong, dude.....

No one cares about gearing when it can be done in a normal pace. Before this idiotic grind was introduced, I could gear any alt I wanted and how I wanted when I wanted...

Now ? It's a total punishment and ridiculous limitations with weekly caps and so son forcing players to play content they don't want to play. If that is fun to you... I think there is nothing to talk about.

I can buy 2 masterwork crystal/week/char class ? Really... Ben Irving's gearing was much better dude as I could farm UC's to death and buy 10 sets of gear if I wanted with no weekly stupid limitations.

The current system just punishes us for no reason.... Most PVP-ers here could get gear easily if this was done how it should have been done. But no.... They are unable to deliver any meaningful content and they force an even worse grind on us to keep us busy..... Game will lose subs again.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

You know, instead of talking every post and question asked of you as being a personal attack, maybe stop and think that maybe I was genuinely interested in your information because you seemed to know stuff that we didn’t. Hence, my comment about sharing your wisdom. I wasn’t being snarky.

Let me also say that none of my toon’s are representative of my forum name. So if you saw some random with trix in their name, just assume in future that it’s not me. There are plenty of them around ;)

Also assume that I’m not going to be in general chat because I have it turned off and that I won’t be asking for help for Heoics as I do them solo or I ask my wife to tag along (usually I’m helping her).

I think if you had stopped to read my posts instead of talking offence to them you would have noticed that I said I haven’t had enough time to grind rep and would be away for the weekend (which is today in Australia). Not everyone can jump on and start playing as soon as a patch drops.

Anyway, you’ve provided what information you can, thank you. I will wait to ask someone else who doesn’t have a persecution complex or check it out myself next week.

This thread i about the newest gear, however, nothing in the game has changed, regarding difficulty. The NiM Ops has not bee scaled or HM or SM, nothing has changed, you DO NOT NEED this new gear for anything. People killed Tyth in GotM NiM with 248 gear, not 252.

The only area where this new gear is relevant is PVP and mainly Ranked PVP where it theoretically makes a difference...... oh wait.. :D

This about gods nim is fake news... yes tyth has been cleared in 248 gear but that’s because it’s tuned to that gear. Everything else is 252 and will be close with that.

This about gods nim is fake news... yes tyth has been cleared in 248 gear but that’s because it’s tuned to that gear. Everything else is 252 and will be close with that.

Ah yeah, my bad, I remember now Eric saying Tyth will be easier, true! Thank for correction Mr. Trump! :)

understand what bioware did. Im going to lay out what I see from my personal exp.

1) cxp grind is obselete. at best if you are 180+ you might get a free gear drop, which is better than any expansion ever gave the players.

2) this game used to run off a currency that had a weekly cap and was toon locked. that weekly cap was lucky to pay for 1 vendor nim piece. this was back in 3.0... you know, when the game made money.

3) the rep. after 4-5 toons doing the whole daily list your weekly rep is maxed out. "korean grind" is like 6 hours a week... and once its legendary youll never have to do ossus again. it will take 3 weeks.

and finally 4) 1 gear piece a week. just be glad no one can min max in a day and obliterate people fresh out the gate... you know? like they were doing a week ago?

honestly, you kids have forgotten how this game used to be before ben irving happpened. kieth is doing his best to reverse everything, and this first step has obseleted the cxp system. and eric has already called a vote for expertise return in 6.0. they dont call votes on things unless there is already a lean to "yes"

you kids

I don't have any issue with the length it takes to grind gear. With the rep caps, we should have Champ standing on day 1 of week 3. Thats a week from next Tuesday. Thats really not that bad. And with 3 max level scoundrels/ops, ill be able to get the weekly lockbox, and wb crystal, done multiple times. I really dont foresee this grind being much worse than the last one. Might even be better..

I guess my complaint is having to do boring pve in the first place. I dont like the pve in this game. Its just plain bad. So I dont like being forced to do it. I also dont care for 4v4s. Not my style of game play. I enjoy 8v8s, and since Tueday, ive maybe done 3 8v8 warzones. But that said, now that I have enough rep items to get me thru next week, i can relax; i can 8v8 more this weekend. So im ok. And more or less, im with you. People (not kids, just people, bc i dont wana sound like a db) are going to complain bc it 2018. The only complaint i find valid is people saying that theyre forced to do content they dont really want to do. Fair enough.

But the bigger issue, to me, is usually gear grinds come with 5 new levels, substantial content (not 5 story missions, then a set of homogeneous dailies) and new warzones. When this game launched, it came with, what, 3 warzones? then 3 more were added within a year. Since then...6 years later... weve gotten 2 bad huttball maps, arenas, and a reskin. They completley abandoned making this an actual MMO, and instead its just a yearly gear grind with a minor, new pve backdrop.

I chose to use childish because that is how I see these reactions. very few people are looking at the big picture

the big picture consists of 3 things.

1) cxp is obselete. this hints that 6.0 will never see the cxp grind.

2) eric has called a vote for expertise return. the devs dont call for player imput unless there is already a heavy lean for implentation of subject

and 3) pve gearing has returned to what it was before cxp.

now taking all that into account.. and forgiving them for not having 6.0 ready yet (lack of funding) if they stay true to these 3 points at 6.0 launch, we will have expertise and pvers will have their old system back, and cxp will go down in history has the great ben irving blunder that nearly killed the game.

this is what you need to focus on. and encourage loudly to the devs.

right now pvpers are irritated that they have to pve to get gear. fine, thats reasonable.. but the devs clearly said expertise is an expansion level change. and 6.0 is not ready yet.

Edited by Seterade

Hey folks, ...

.....However, we do know that there has been unhappiness with PvP gearing in general in the 5.0 era, especially with the removal of Expertise. To make large itemization changes to PvP like that will require an equally large update, so this is the type of issue we will have to wait until an expansion sized update to tackle. We will consider a variety of options including reintroducing PvP specific stats/gear, Boslter changes, etc. and we will make sure to talk through planned changes with all of you when we get to that point.

Let us know your thoughts.

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=956074

Edited by Seterade

what more do you want from them exactly? are you hoping for them to hop on the pvp forum with all its toxic people and have a heart to heart?

they dropped the option to say your piece. they didnt respond and I wouldnt either if I was dev. imagine the responces from pvpers.....

what more do you want from them exactly? are you hoping for them to hop on the pvp forum with all its toxic people and have a heart to heart?

they dropped the option to say your piece. they didnt respond and I wouldnt either if I was dev. imagine the responces from pvpers.....

Put it on the web page or login screen where only subs can vote once. Or use an official poll site.

I don’t know what’s best or if there are other options, but it can’t be that hard to do.

so let me get this straight.

you want bioware to put an official poll on the website that everyone can vote on when pvpers are a minority of swtor population, the majority pvers will be at a noticably disadvantage if it goes through.... and you are hoping that the majority vote decides whether they put it back?

that is like trying to pass a heavy rightwing law in california, or a heavy leftwing law in florida

Edited by Seterade

*SNIP*

now taking all that into account.. and forgiving them for not having 6.0 ready yet (lack of funding) if they stay true to these 3 points at 6.0 launch, we will have expertise and pvers will have their old system back, and cxp will go down in history has the great ben irving blunder that nearly killed the game.

this is what you need to focus on. and encourage loudly to the devs.

There is a consistent pattern with this game and it's "development." They always have seemingly great ideas for future patches, but they never disclose the things they are going to rip out of the game with said future patches.

What happens is they take 1 step forward and 2 back, each and every time. It's like the blind leading the blind there, or the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, or, well you ought to get the picture.

You can focus on all the bright spots, but the fact is the dark spots easily cover up anything remotely bright here, and as time continues they just pack more and more bad things into the game.

They have made every incompetent decision possible regarding gearing up, crafting, conquest, and nearly every other facet of the game since it's inception with either unnecessary changes or simply bad design changes that have made the game worse than doing house chores.

It's a beautifully made game, but it's playability has been destroyed by either incompetence or apathy, maybe both.

I am done giving them "chances" to fix their crap. I paid a sub for years here, and the only thing I got was frustration in the end and disappointment for my continued loyalty to EA/BW. Sub is dropped now, I have cleansed myself of this scourge.

This company simply doesn't care. Customer loyalty means nothing, and neither does any feedback given to them by gamers that know far more about their game than they do.

The PVP, PVE, conquest gamers have given tons of reasonable feedback which largely has been ignored and the game is dying because of that.

R.I.P. SWTOR.

If PVP was the only problem SWTOR had the game would be far more successful than it is.

It suffers from lack of content, bad PVE, a ruined conquest system, a ruined crafting system, I mean I could go into depth on the past changes that have made the game a dumpster fire...

You seem to think only PVPers are upset and disappointed with the direction the game has gone. :D

The fact they never respond to feedback and/or the forums only makes people more frustrated, btw. Poor communication or no communication never helps in any circumstance.

they used to debate with the playerbase. do you still remember what happened?

one of the players didnt like what they said and threatened their home and family.

that was the end of that

This is a poor excuse to stop all communication. You can't use one anomaly and call that the norm, then pretend that justifies all future lack of communication. The fact is this game has never had good communication.

In reality the situation you are bringing up was a bit more complex than as you present it. Clearly that was an outlying situation, and gives no excuse for the company never having good communication with their fanbase and paying customers.

To revisit history, by that point when class changes were being discussed the class under discussion had been a wreck for years and people were seething from the fact the devs had done nothing for so long. No class changes, and no communication. When this discussion came up, people were blowing gaskets and frothing at the mouth to finally get off their chest what they were so angry and annoyed about. The fact of the matter is class balance had been ignored for what seemed like an eternity and the players concerns had been ignored for far too long. When they finally had a chance to "discuss" their unhappiness there was a lot of lively banter on the forums with the game representatives who were engaging in conversation, no doubt.

That threatening individual was highly irrational and completely wrong, no amount of perceived game failure justifies what he did. That being said, he also was not the norm when considering how other gamers responded to the devs during those discussions and all other discussions that have transpired since then about the game. The guy clearly had other issues and I just hope he got help tbh.

Regardless, that event has nothing to do with their decisions to not communicate with their fans and subscribers.

They have never communicated for any stretch of time, except ironically when the "community manager" had left and the responsibilities fell upon other individuals recently. During that period of time, we had weekly consistent updates and an actual concern with what players wanted or did not want.

If you recall, during this time, the new SH was being constructed and thanks to that constant consistent communication between gamers on the forums and Keith/Charles etc., lots of changes were implemented with that SH. The final result was pleasing to many people thanks to the devs having proper communication between them and the forums. Why is it not always like this?

Oh well. The game will always be remembered as one that had probably the absolute highest ceiling of all MMOs, yet sorely underachieved from the moment it came out the gates. Since then, it has only regressed. As I said before, they take 1 step forward and 2 steps back after every game-changing patch. Whether it's mismanagement, lack of funds, apathy, incompetence, or a mixture of all these factors the fact remains the game has suffered as a result.

R.I.P. SWTOR.

This is a poor excuse to stop all communication. You can't use one anomaly and call that the norm, then pretend that justifies all future lack of communication. The fact is this game has never had good communication.

In reality the situation you are bringing up was a bit more complex than as you present it. Clearly that was an outlying situation, and gives no excuse for the company never having good communication with their fanbase and paying customers.

To revisit history, by that point when class changes were being discussed the class under discussion had been a wreck for years and people were seething from the fact the devs had done nothing for so long. No class changes, and no communication. When this discussion came up, people were blowing gaskets and frothing at the mouth to finally get off their chest what they were so angry and annoyed about. The fact of the matter is class balance had been ignored for what seemed like an eternity and the players concerns had been ignored for far too long. When they finally had a chance to "discuss" their unhappiness there was a lot of lively banter on the forums with the game representatives who were engaging in conversation, no doubt.

That threatening individual was highly irrational and completely wrong, no amount of perceived game failure justifies what he did. That being said, he also was not the norm when considering how other gamers responded to the devs during those discussions and all other discussions that have transpired since then about the game. The guy clearly had other issues and I just hope he got help tbh.

Regardless, that event has nothing to do with their decisions to not communicate with their fans and subscribers.

They have never communicated for any stretch of time, except ironically when the "community manager" had left and the responsibilities fell upon other individuals recently. During that period of time, we had weekly consistent updates and an actual concern with what players wanted or did not want.

If you recall, during this time, the new SH was being constructed and thanks to that constant consistent communication between gamers on the forums and Keith/Charles etc., lots of changes were implemented with that SH. The final result was pleasing to many people thanks to the devs having proper communication between them and the forums. Why is it not always like this?

Oh well. The game will always be remembered as one that had probably the absolute highest ceiling of all MMOs, yet sorely underachieved from the moment it came out the gates. Since then, it has only regressed. As I said before, they take 1 step forward and 2 steps back after every game-changing patch. Whether it's mismanagement, lack of funds, apathy, incompetence, or a mixture of all these factors the fact remains the game has suffered as a result.

R.I.P. SWTOR.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Perfect analysis of this game's troubles.

understand what bioware did. Im going to lay out what I see from my personal exp.

1) cxp grind is obselete. at best if you are 180+ you might get a free gear drop, which is better than any expansion ever gave the players.

2) this game used to run off a currency that had a weekly cap and was toon locked. that weekly cap was lucky to pay for 1 vendor nim piece. this was back in 3.0... you know, when the game made money.

3) the rep. after 4-5 toons doing the whole daily list your weekly rep is maxed out. "korean grind" is like 6 hours a week... and once its legendary youll never have to do ossus again. it will take 3 weeks.

and finally 4) 1 gear piece a week. just be glad no one can min max in a day and obliterate people fresh out the gate... you know? like they were doing a week ago?

honestly, you kids have forgotten how this game used to be before ben irving happpened. kieth is doing his best to reverse everything, and this first step has obseleted the cxp system. and eric has already called a vote for expertise return in 6.0. they dont call votes on things unless there is already a lean to "yes"

Love this post....so they're (BW) bringing back Expertise?....

Are you forgetting about the PvP gearing in 3.0? It was based around getting WZ comms for the first set of gear and using that first set of gear to get the second set of gear, and in 3.3 they even added legacy Warzone comms making it much easier to gear alts. 10x simpler and better overall than this unneeded gearing system. Which doesn't force you to do endgame content that you don't want to do.

Aye lets give BioWare a pass on their bollocks since you only need to do 6 hours a week of content that you might not actually don't like or want to do in order to get gear. Lmfao oh dear.

I can't be arsed to even...

6.0 coming soon™?

Edited by mickym

Hey folks, ...

.....However, we do know that there has been unhappiness with PvP gearing in general in the 5.0 era, especially with the removal of Expertise. To make large itemization changes to PvP like that will require an equally large update, so this is the type of issue we will have to wait until an expansion sized update to tackle. We will consider a variety of options including reintroducing PvP specific stats/gear, Boslter changes, etc. and we will make sure to talk through planned changes with all of you when we get to that point.

Let us know your thoughts.

-eric

expansion level update. bottom line, if it happens you are not getting pvp gear till 6.0. there is no point in kicking the expertise horse "but no expertise gear rate" till 6.0

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/379528808522448896/524446964302086146/Screenshot_38.png

there is reason to believe in expertise. I just gave you two of them.

now, why should we be grateful of this gearing system? i mean its not pvp friendly? because. it obseleted cxp. no more grinding 300 level to be on everyone elses level. the cxp system is what killed this game. you can call them out for everything under the sun, but I will bet you 50m credits this game has 50% less subs than 5.0 launch.

and if you still think skill>gear after this expansion.... there is no arguement that will change your mind. I had toons in 230 who got blown up in two seconds in wzs, then I had toons in 248 who could 3v1 119k hp players. gear disparity has left a hole in this pvp population I dont know if expertise can repair.

PS: I can give an example of what gear disparity is, how much of a difference armor rating vs bolster rating mattered.

for giggles 4 months (4 months? I forget, before ra nerf. I took a 2 month break after 5.9 happend) ago I made a mara. I decked him in a full 230 + 228 set, every slot. you know, cuz bolster was 240 and skill>gear. (this is when I became aware of what was going on.) I queued ranked on my cute little 230 fotm. now, Im a good player, I won more than I lost... but the inc dmg rate? went through my dcds. I literaly went from full to 10%/camo out while saber ward was up. didnt get stunned, even used pop cloak of pain. full to 10% in a full rotation. just ded.

then. I put on 248 gear, (this was a bolster test toon remember? I had gear) I queued up again. and then true to fotm, destroyed people. barely losing hp, (before RA nerf) just wrecking ball.

I pulled the same stunt with sin. sin got globald with bolster stats. over and over. put him in 248, he popped out of stlth and globald a merc with 124k hp faster than he could pop reflect. it was over in one rotation. (it wasnt even funny. just sad. I dont play pvp to curbstomp people. I play pvp for close matchs, barely winning. curbstomping players is boring and kinda depressing.)

Edited by Seterade