A lot of Questions from a returning PvPer

Bilch

Hey there,

i came recently back to the game after a few years and have a lot of Questions.

How strong is the gear gap and is there still an easy way to get bolster from crap gear (with decent stats)?

- I just played 1 PvP Game at level 70 with a char with some old lvl 65 Gear and i obviously didnt get bolstered.

Are Healers still as OP and is Endgame PvP still as much of a Zerg as before?

- When i read about some of the later abilities and feats its hard to believe that some classes can die especially with a healer and since i only played 1 lvl 70 pvp Game id like to hear the experience how lvl 70 pvp is.

I mean back in the days 8 vs 8 pvp was pretty much pointless when both teams had 1-2 healers and now that the Chars became even more stronger i fear its the same **** just worse.

Is there some sort of Guide what equipement/stats to use for pvp? I have no idea how all the stats effect the char.

And finally is there a Server where low level pvp isnt dead?

I allways liked low level pvp - put in every slot some sort of gear and youre ready to go^^

Greetings

Hey there,

i came recently back to the game after a few years and have a lot of Questions.

How strong is the gear gap and is there still an easy way to get bolster from crap gear (with decent stats)?

- I just played 1 PvP Game at level 70 with a char with some old lvl 65 Gear and i obviously didnt get bolstered.

Bolster is supposed to bring you to 252?(248?)/236, so I would invest in a legacy set and throw 228 augs in to get full advantage out of bolster. It was just upped so I wouldn't be surprised if it was bugged.

Are Healers still as OP and is Endgame PvP still as much of a Zerg as before?

- When i read about some of the later abilities and feats its hard to believe that some classes can die especially with a healer and since i only played 1 lvl 70 pvp Game id like to hear the experience how lvl 70 pvp is.

I mean back in the days 8 vs 8 pvp was pretty much pointless when both teams had 1-2 healers and now that the Chars became even more stronger i fear its the same **** just worse.

Depends on who you ask, and how good the teams are.

Is there some sort of Guide what equipement/stats to use for pvp? I have no idea how all the stats effect the char.

Ballpark, assuming no passive alacrity buffs, either 703 or 1860 alacrity. accuracy can be up to the full 110% (i think none or 105% are most common, i personally run my pve set on the odd chance I dps). crit up to 2k (i think, i run high alacrity, so i make crit as high as possible). These are for 248 gear, 252 see the discussion here - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=949300

And finally is there a Server where low level pvp isnt dead?

I allways liked low level pvp - put in every slot some sort of gear and youre ready to go^^

Greetings

SF and SS when I've tried to do pvp levelling are both arenas constantly.

You are going to get a ton of different opinions on this. To be frank, I'd suggest just trying the game for awhile. It will entertain you for a bit I am sure, and after a period of time goes by you will know if you find it enjoyable or not.

I largely second this. Also, nice forum sig, Lhance XD

Edited by KendraP