Please remove premades from reg pvp

RaithHarth

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not needed in regular pvp, premades work best with ranked pvp only.

As someone who does PvP daily in this game i feel like you are someone who hasn't gotten far enough in the system to understand that PvP is flawed. the existence of "premades" in a warzone are now mostly to blame on bioware/ea for cutting up PvP even more and i will bring open world PvP in as well but we have been placed into cookie cutter boxes we don't want to que 1 tank 1 heal 2 dps. we have lost the freedom to choose our spec and play how we want. if we don't swap toons or change spec we cant play with our friends and then to say we have to do ranked is absurd

Math lesson time since people obviously either did read or did not understand what I was getting at yesterday.

First what is a probability distribution, and how is a measure of central tendency related to it? See my picture:

https://imgur.com/a/0nZYtcu

On the left, you have a standard unimodal/normal distribution. Yes there are other unimodal and non-normal distributions. For our purposes nothing matters except that it be unimodal.

On the right is what i propose the situation might be approaching. If there are few "average" players (i.e. If there are large numbers of good players, with a decently large number of total garbage players), the average becomes meaningless.

If there is not a sufficient number of players such that the skill becomes more randomly distributed, random matchmaking based on skill average will not work.

That is why you are all still complaining about premades despite the fact i spent the first half of last week attempting to carry the same sorc with a tank stim who despite "farming" all match, couldn't break 1 mill dps in a full length voidstar. This person's name is withheld because terms of service, but suffice it to say, i quit playing swtor after my guild reached its conquest cap because there is a limit to the amount of garbage I can carry before I find it not fun

The big question is: how do you deal with the problem when there is not enough population?

I'm going to be honest, I read it up until the point you said "math lessons" then my screen BSOD'd, I DDOSd myself, stood my ground against my PC with a mossberg 500 home defense, went to best buy, bought another PC, then logged in to type this reply.

Really? For me, I got really turned on. Talk nerdy to me bb.

Really? For me, I got really turned on. Talk nerdy to me bb.

u up, bb?

Mmmm, an irrational number cannot be expressed as a ratio between two numbers and it cannot be written as a simple fraction because there is not a finite number of numbers when written as a decimal. Instead, the numbers in the decimal would go on forever, without repeating.

I get so hot and bothered when i remember that the number π is a mathematical constant. Originally defined as the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, it now has various equivalent definitions and appears in many formulas in all areas of mathematics and physics. It is approximately equal to 3.14159

It's not needed in regular pvp, premades work best with ranked pvp only.

I hear this already 7 years ...just stop!

Its an MMO game .and we all here to make friends and play with other , forming groups for pvp

If you don't like it, or because you are anti-social, then MMO games isn't for ya!