Ossus Datacrons thread! Post your findings here.

captainwesson

I was wondering why it did teleport you anyway. If you were up there before, did you check out the cave you came out in front of when teleporting? Guess that's meant to be the actual way to the datacron. I checked it out, it's a quite long j'n'r and I even figured out some kind of entrance from looking upwards at the end of the cave (what now is actually its beginning), but from outside I can't find the entrance hole to that cave. Can add some screenshot later, I'm at the moment at re-downloading pts and it'll take a while till it's finished :w_rolls_eyes:

Also gonna check out the new tablets you found, thanks therefore. :)

Ohh no I never checked out the cave. I did notice there's a wall with a crack in it near the journal and that 4th tablet I mentioned that looks like it could be a closed doorway. But no idea of how to get in it if it is one.

I hopped on the new patch tonight and found a fourth tablet in the Jedi Temple: https://i.imgur.com/c0gP9Hc.jpg

You get to that area from the circular room by jumping onto a pot and then a ledge sort of behind some statues. There's a Don the Exiled Knight journal in there too (I've still only found 2 of those). The tablet is hidden behind some rubble.

There's also another tablet in the Farms but it's not clickable: https://i.imgur.com/ETqs4jg.jpg

I went and tried to check the datacron with the switches again but it wouldn't teleport me up to that level anymore.

Tablets

Pts finally running again, immediately checked out the two tablets. The inactive has the same symbol as the one on the northern mountain in the old ruins section. Maybe every clickable tablet has an inactive counterpart? :rak_02:

Temple datacron

I also checked the place in the temple heroic instance, where I suspect the entrance to the j'n'r cave leading to the datacron, but still couldn't find it. If you look at the map (screenshots will follow soon) you can see some kind of hole in the floor just where the cave ended but as I go there, there's just normal smooth floor. Unfortunately I didn't take any screenshots of that cave and now I cannot reach it anymore :(

Journals

I only found the journal in the temple, where did you get the second one? Someone said behind a waterfall but I checked them all and didn't find one :confused: In the farms area I found a book that has just the same texture as the journal in the temple but is not clickable and also has no name. Not even "object has no name".

--------

Last thing to say for now is that at the moment I'm taking as many helpful screenshots as possible for everything concerning the tablets, journals and datacrons. Upload will follow as soon as finished :)

Edited by Thayya

Journals

I only found the journal in the temple, where did you get the second one? Someone said behind a waterfall but I checked them all and didn't find one :confused: In the farms area I found a book that has just the same texture as the journal in the temple but is not clickable and also has no name. Not even "object has no name".

The waterfall one is here: https://i.imgur.com/jij2q3c.jpg. You have to go behind the water there's not a ton of room but if you look at the ground in there you'll see it.

Upon looking closer, I think we might be missing 3 tablets. I think their might be a total of 7 and they correspond with a book that allows you to decipher it. The language on the book is similar to the ancient tablets. There is also a book with a similar name in the centre of the room, called sacred. I believe these tablets aren't associated with the 3rd datacron and are possibly related to a hidden world boss

https://imgur.com/a/VMEsOex

Upon looking closer, I think we might be missing 3 tablets. I think their might be a total of 7 and they correspond with a book that allows you to decipher it. The language on the book is similar to the ancient tablets. There is also a book with a similar name in the centre of the room, called sacred. I believe these tablets aren't associated with the 3rd datacron and are possibly related to a hidden world boss

https://imgur.com/a/VMEsOex

The books are part of a quest btw :D and the alphabet used in these books is aurebesh

Well after having so much information here already, I think posting my collected stuff would be unnecessary. :p

I'm just wondering why there are 5 tablets, 4 active and 1 inactive :rak_02:

The link to your website doesn't work anymore somehow it seems :confused:

Edited by Thayya

Yup, das me. I know where the third datacron entrance is but trying to figure out how to get in

And where is it?

You mean this one?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0t224o3j133amb/Unknown%20entrance.jpg?dl=0

Edit: I read your guide but what would the j'n'r cave be good for, if the entrance is so close to the datacron? Or d'ya think the way behind the door in your post will lead all the way back to the beginning of the cave?

Edited by Thayya

When you activate each stone tablet it produces a variation of slightly different volumes and circular effects on the ground. The world boss R8-X8 has an impenetrable shield and produces a similar sound to these tablets, perhaps these lowers the world bosses shields

When you activate each stone tablet it produces a variation of slightly different volumes and circular effects on the ground. The world boss R8-X8 has an impenetrable shield and produces a similar sound to these tablets, perhaps these lowers the world bosses shields

My estimation about that wb shield is not connected to the tablets. If you attack the boss alone, he categorizes you as some kind of wild animal I think it was. So the boss doesn't see any threat in you, when attacking it alone. My estimation is, that he'll only be attackable, if you are in a group that's big enough for the boss to not categorize as animal. But unfortunately I couldn't recruit enough of my friends for pts to test anything. :( Did you try attacking the wb in a group?

• 3 weeks later...
The one that is on the broken bridge is the presence datacron not thr endurance one. Also so far we have only been able to get to the datacrons with a guardian or juggernaut push.

YOU NEED THE GRAPPLE GUN! Etither the one on ossus in a cave off dead dude or from outlaws den

I have a possible solution for the endurance Datacron, located in the Library ruins at coordinates -726, -257 (same area where you find one of the lore objects for the exiled knight), there is a switch with an orange rune on it, the same orange rune you'll find in the hidden personal phase at coordinates 1378, -376 over in the Ancient ruins.

Now I'm no rocket scientist, but I think you'll need 5 people to all click the switches either at the same time or in the color order presented for something to happen..... my guess it unlocks that Jedi Holocron in the Library for you to take and pop into the Holocron Receptacle.

I've only found that one switch and it was completely by accident, I can only imaging the other 4 are scattered around Ossus so good luck :)

Ok so the solution is out there...

My question is this... Is it working?

I have gone to the switches but they do not interact. I can not actually press them. Just me or is this how it is working? I am on Darth Malgus server if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Ok so the solution is out there...

My question is this... Is it working?

I have gone to the switches but they do not interact. I can not actually press them. Just me or is this how it is working? I am on Darth Malgus server if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

I couldn't either at first, but then suddenly I found one I could klick and then somehow the others were clickable to