Guild Perks in 5.10

EricMusco

One thing I will disagree with you on is your last comment, sometimes small guilds are small is because they chose to be for various reasons. In small guilds you can find a tight knit group that you don't always find in a large guild and sometimes there is less drama in a small guild than a large one. We will recruit if we find a person that fits our guild, we don't recruit just anyone.

That is perfectly fine and something I am myself a part of, but I don't expect those guilds to win large yield conquest planets or be able to provide the same benefits to me as a larger guild can. You cannot both keep the cake and eat it too.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small guilds often end up being small because they don't try, so I guess it depends if the GM and Officers are invested or not.

I rest my case. Guess it's what I deserve for asking people to actually see further than they our own nose. Good to know.

Edited by aryss

Hey folks,

Some updates from the stream today that I wanted to ensure were posted here as updates:

• The cost for Guild Ships in 5.10 will be 8 million (down from 15 million we originally stated)
  • Stat perks will no longer work for Master Mode Operations (in addition to not working in PvP content)
  • One quick clarification on how the stat perks actually work. The "abilities" which perks grant to give you extra stats are exact mirrors of the class perks, and they do not stack. So if you already have all 4 class buffs, these perks will provide no statistical benefit. The passive boost perks you can apply, you can only ever have one at a time. What this means is that if you are a player who has all Class buffs applied you could, at most, have a single stat passive perk and a perk set bonus applied.

Hopefully the perk changes / clarifications will help alleviate some concerns about the impact of the stat perks.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hi, I'm a player in the Darth Malgus server and created a guild 3 to 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately I did not look up the guild changes and bought a flagship right away. I know there's probably nothing that can be done, but you said in the stream about guild changes that we should reach out, so I had to try. :p

Thanks for all your hard work.

Starting to understand why some frequent posters here seem to end up in smaller inactive guilds, that unfriendly and toxic attitude damn.

Yes. Small guilds are much more like a family, everyone knows everyone, and that also means more friendliness and helpfulness in general.

At least tha's my personal experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Starting to understand why some frequent posters here seem to end up in smaller inactive guilds, that unfriendly and toxic attitude damn.

Nice try. Too bad I'm part of the biggest guild on my server. And still, I'm advocating for small guilds. So much for being toxic and unfriendly, eh? :)

Edited by aryss

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Guild Perks are a great idea in theory, but you have given us NO guide. Especially having the cycling guild perks which can give a gigantic advantage to conquest guilds. Without a guide, how would the average person know to look for a "cycling" perk that allows it's members to get 7500k in conquest points PER DAY per toon for doing a HM OP? Guild Leaders generally have a real life that includes work, family, etc. Giving us something new like this without fully explaining the in's and outs, makes more admin work for us and less game time. Guild leaders run guilds that keep your paying subscribers active.

Some of the perks such as giving increases in stats is fundamentally wrong. It's like welfare stats. They didn't earn the extra stats and making content so easy means they don't learn how to properly play their toons or know fight mechanics because they can easily cheese it. So you have story mode warriors who hit a wall when they see content that takes skill and the ability to actually execute mechanics. I am extremely disappointed once again in content that doesn't come with an explanation and doesn't work properly. Shame on you guys for putting the onus on players to farm information on the PTS. And have a real life and run a guild and still have time to get conquest, weeklies and just enjoy the game. WE PAY YOU for a gaming experience. Instead we get junk that doesn't work properly and wasn't thought through.

You guys took a good idea and blew it because you don't have people who love and are dedicated to the game on your payroll. The new roster and log is great. The Conquest Leaders list is bugged and doesn't work. Guild Perks are complicated and have no guide or explanation. Large conquest guilds have a huge advantage because they will reach their max level every week. I am the GM of a large guild. We reach our maximum guild level every week. Other guilds that I know are still at level 2 or 5. And there are quite a lot of smaller guilds out there who feel left out. Because they were.

Edited by Cinnders

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the perks such as giving increases in stats is fundamentally wrong.

That was exactly what I thought about those "Stats" Perks prior to 5.10. There is one "Set Boni" which grants a chance to get a strike from your guild ship...if you look in some combat logs it is an increase of SEVENHUNDRED DPS...thats insane.

This erases the whole progresion of new players. they will finish story & hardmode content doing maybe those 700 dps but actually lacking the dps check by themself. this is not good.

Failing is the best master.

i agree... this stuff should never ever work in hard mode operations.... they are waaaaaay to easy anyway.. if new people only know hm with guild perks, then they will get kicked in the face in nim.

it encourages sloppyness and devalues achievements such as m+b which becomes soooo much easier with higher dps...

new gear + guild perks + no new scaling of the content = hardmode becomes pre 4.0 storymode as it has some mechanics...

i think this is sad

Edited by Opiklo

Nah that seven hundred DPS won't matter at all, people are getting at least 1000 DPS to increase through upgrades from 248 to 252/258 so whatever challenges people had in hard mode raids before with not being able to do the DPS/HPS required will be a lot easier to overcome now. Whatever guild perk people use might have a little bit of an impact and could result in a kill instead of wipe in a few kills, but in reality, it's only hard mode so it doesn't really matter.