Reduction in flagship cost vs. availability of flagship unlock encryptions

xordevoreaux

The number of commanders in pvp instances to kill on various planets numbers about 10, I think. 10 for pub, 10 for imp.

Voss, Yavin, Iokath, Alderaan, Quesh, Hoth, Coreliia, Tatooine, Belsavis, and I think one other.

So my guild competes with other guilds right now for the availability of these named and unnamed battle masters so we can get encryptions and frameworks from them to unlock our ship, which is a heck of a lot more lucrative for the time put in than grinding through conquest.

With the reduction in flagship costs, that means many more guilds will be seeking to unlock parts of their flagships, yet the availability of drops won't change, subsequently increasing the scarcity of those commanders for anyone to kill in the pvp zones.

Has their been any talk about modifying how guilds unlock their flagships, or are we heading into a mad scramble?

Edited by xordevoreaux

Mega guilds will have these camped and farmed, with a perfectly well-oiled machine of scouts and summoners who know exactly the 3-meter-square spot to pull the battlemasters without having to worry about the other guards.

Small guilds will be buying encryptions and frameworks on the GTN.

Start saving up credits.

I helped my small guild unlock the remaining 8 rooms on our flagship. Took us about 4 months but we did it. I had toons on both factions ready to summon, and I knew where to pull them to avoid fighting the guards. These skills are not limited to large guilds.

However and having said that, I do think that reducing the guild ship cost is the wrong way to go about making guildships more accessible. Get 4 people together, run tatooine heroics in a 4-man group for a week. You have Your flagship.

The bottleneck is flagship frameworks, not credits. But I personally dop not think nerfing one or the other is necessary.

I helped my small guild unlock the remaining 8 rooms on our flagship. Took us about 4 months but we did it. I had toons on both factions ready to summon, and I knew where to pull them to avoid fighting the guards. These skills are not limited to large guilds.

However and having said that, I do think that reducing the guild ship cost is the wrong way to go about making guildships more accessible. Get 4 people together, run tatooine heroics in a 4-man group for a week. You have Your flagship.

The bottleneck is flagship frameworks, not credits. But I personally dop not think nerfing one or the other is necessary.

on Server Tulak Hord the Commanders are dead 24/7 since month. imo they need to decrease their respawn timer or just go back to let them spawn in pve instance, like they did when pvp/pve instances were introduced

I like the fact that they reduced the credit cost of the flagship, I just dread checking the different PVP instances now only to find every last one of them camped by at least two guilds hoping to jump an unshielded commander as soon as it spawns.

Edited by xordevoreaux

• 2 weeks later...

Have frames and encryptions go directly to guilds.

The larger guilds are gaining larger benefits. Bigger is better. Large guilds are already sweeping the commanders faster than small guilds can gather groups and in some larger guilds they are using the calls for help as intel to strike first. They are generating huge sums. My suggestion is the frames and encryptions go directly to the guild of the player. That way large guilds with full ships gain nothing from harvesting commanders. If you bind to the alt they will continue to kill and hire out alts with encryptions/frames to other guilds. A lot of guild encryptions/frames will be wasted near the end unless as in conquest you allow the alt to choose the encryption/frame.

This will remove frames and encrytions from the gtn unfortunately however dumping them on the market may result in even more large guild farming.

If you are going to restrict large guilds from invading small planets in conquest then consider them not eligible for the commander rewards on those same planets.