The 252 armor drops via command crates are on PTS

Darevsool

Can you hazard a guess as to how much CXP you gained before you hit the cap?

Enough for obtaining 360 command crates tier 4. Don't know how much cxp you need per chest but if you know you can calculate it. Maybe a little more thorough questing but that shouldn't have been a lot this week.

There's ALWAYS been a cap. They told us that from the start two years ago.

They just made it so high no one was supposed to be able to reach it.

Didn't know that lol. But why can't they just remove that cap on pts? My plan was to get thousands of that crates to test drop rates but guess that plan's just been messed up

Enough for obtaining 360 command crates tier 4. Don't know how much cxp you need per chest but if you know you can calculate it. Maybe a little more thorough questing but that shouldn't have been a lot this week.

Assuming Dulfy's chart is still up-to-date, that's 4990 cxp per crate, or somewhere around 1,796,400 cxp.

I'm guessing you had a bunch of CXP consumables? Seems like that would be pretty difficult to hit for a single character in a single week.

every time you copy a toon to PTS it makes a double for it.

If you have 100 legacy consumables, it becomes 200. and you can copy the same character multiple times.

it adds up fast.

True, true. Although, each copied character would have it's own independent CXP cap, unless 5.10 is making CXP caps legacy wide.

Put the remaining consumables into legacy storage, have an alt use them, and continue the "open crates" testing.

Right?

True, true. Although, each copied character would have it's own independent CXP cap, unless 5.10 is making CXP caps legacy wide.

Put the remaining consumables into legacy storage, have an alt use them, and continue the "open crates" testing.

Right?

Yep that's a possibility but then my "crates counter" would start at 0 again when using another character. Te main aspect of my testing is to find out how many crates I have to open until an artifact lockbox drops and changing to another character wouldn't help because I'd have to begin at 0 again.

Edited by Thayya

Yep that's a possibility but then my "crates counter" would start at 0 again when using another character. Te main aspect of my testing is to find out how many crates I have to open until an artifact lockbox drops and changing to another character wouldn't help because I'd have to begin at 0 again.

I'm certain that there isn't a counter that keeps track of what you get with crates opened. In other words, like most RNG, each crate opened is going to have a completely independent "roll the dice for gear", unaffected by previous rolls.

It shouldn't make a difference if 1000 crates were opened on one character or five. It'll all be good data to get an idea of the drop rate.

Edit: For what's it's worth, I'm a big fan of data gathering and large data sets for analysis, so I do appreciate what you've been doing here. :)

Edited by Khevar

I'm certain that there isn't a counter that keeps track of what you get with crates opened. In other words, like most RNG, each crate opened is going to have a completely independent "roll the dice for gear", unaffected by previous rolls.

It shouldn't make a difference if 1000 crates were opened on one character or five. It'll all be good data to get an idea of the drop rate.

Edit: For what's it's worth, I'm a big fan of data gathering and large data sets for analysis, so I do appreciate what you've been doing here. :)

Same here. I don't have many (any) CXP 'tokens' to transfer over, that's why I'm transferring crates 55 at a time.

I did transfer over two hypercrates a few times last week. That was fun. Two turned into 8 and I verified (for me) that what comes out of a crates is determined when you open it, not when you buy it from the CM and the system generates it.

I got a WHOLE LOT of completely different stuff out of the hypercrate clones.

Yeah but unfortunately I seem to be the most unlucky person on pts because even after over 400 command crates I still haven't got one artifact lockbox :D

Yeah but unfortunately I seem to be the most unlucky person on pts because even after over 400 command crates I still haven't got one artifact lockbox :D

Ouch! Sounds like a drop rate low enough as to be largely worthless.

I'm guess you probably also didn't get any masterwork crystals either?

Ouch! Sounds like a drop rate low enough as to be largely worthless.

I'm guess you probably also didn't get any masterwork crystals either?

No 252 gear, no crystals. And no Ossus reputation items (which should be also obtainable from command crates shouldn't they? At least all others are). Only old stuff but I think (or hope at least) that this is not the final drop setting otherwise that would be very annoying.

No 252 gear, no crystals. And no Ossus reputation items (which should be also obtainable from command crates shouldn't they? At least all others are). Only old stuff but I think (or hope at least) that this is not the final drop setting otherwise that would be very annoying.

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read someplace that the Ossus Reputation tokens would not be in Command crates. Only from the Dailies, and Ranked PvP missions.

Edited by Toraak

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read someplace that the Ossus Reputation tokens would not be in Command crates. Only from the Dailies, and Ranked PvP missions.

Ok might be true. I didn't hear neither the one nor the other, I was just estimating because all other reputation items (correct me if I'm wrong) can drop from command crates.