Guild Perks in 5.10

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

There are a lot of changes coming to Guilds in 5.10. Be sure to read up on the Conquest changes and especially all about how Guild Leveling works. Guild Leveling is especially relevant to understanding Guild Perks. Let’s start with what Guild Perks are, how you get them, and how you use them. At the bottom of the post I will include a very large list of some very specific Guild Perks we are looking at using.

What is a Guild Perk?

Simply put a Guild Perk is something that can apply to your Guild to give it a specific benefit. Maybe you want to have increased mount speed when you are out and traveling. Maybe your Guild is Flashpoint focused and so you want some extra rewards from Flashpoints. These are examples of some of the things you can accomplish with Perks.

What are our Goals for Guild Perks?

What we want to be able to do is to give your Guild the power to really focus in on what you enjoy! Perks give a mechanism where players can effectively say “We are a PvP focused Guild” and mean it in new ways. Now, not only are you like minded players, but you can focus perks, benefits, and additional rewards to your chosen playstyle.

Guild Perks along with Guild Levels provide great incentives for Guilds to remain active. This also provides new ways for Guild Leaders to recruit around specific play-styles along with rewards to encourage participation in Guild activities!

How to Acquire and Apply Them?

Guild Perks have up to 3 costs to purchase them:

• Credits
  • Guild Commendations
  • Reinforcement Modules
  • There may also be a minimum Guild Level required, depending on the Tier of the perk

Credits must be spent from the Guild Bank, so this is a good mechanism to get everyone contributing to the cause. Guild Commendations are earned in a couple of ways:

• When your Guild Levels up
    • 5-10 per level

[*]When/if your Guild reaches an Invasion Yield Target

• Small Yield - 70 Commendations
    • Medium Yield - 80 Commendations
    • Large Yield - 90 Commendations

Reinforcement Modules is a new blueprint which players acquire by combining 10 Reinforcement Components. Reinforcement Components are a bind-on-pickup crafting material which is acquired in a couple of ways:

• As a part of completing your Weekly Yield Target.
  • A rare chance to acquire during harvesting if you have the “Harvesting Yield I / II / III” Guild Perk equipped.
  • Can be earned by completing specific Heroic Missions on Ossus if players are in a Guild group with the “Ossus Reinforcement” Perk active.

Once a player has 10 Components, they simply right click them to combine into a Reinforcement Module which they can then donate to the Guild.

Perks are purchased directly via their Perk Nodes. Perk Nodes exist as a new user interface on your Guild Flagship. I should pause for a moment, Guild Flagships are required to use Perks. As a part of that requirement we understand that their cost can be prohibitive to some Guilds and so in GU 5.10 their cost will be lowered from 50,000,000 down to 15,000,000.

You are able to slot Perks based on your Flagship room unlocks, up to 6 Perks. Each Node is assigned to a specific room and that room must be unlocked to assign its respective Perk. Basically, each Perk has a Node (room) requirement and reminder, the Bridge is unlocked by default with Guild Ship purchase.. Here are the Nodes:

• Two Nodes
    • Bridge

[*]One Node Each

• Forward Command Room
    • Starboard Command Room
    • Port Command Room
    • Engine Room

In the interface you would simply click the node which will give you a pop-up where you can purchase and apply your chosen Perk. Assuming of course you meet the requirements, and can pay the cost.

Perk Details

Perks themselves have a variety of statistics you will want to be aware of before purchasing. Let’s give you an example of a Perk and talk about each of its components.

Summon Guild Bank

Grants Activated Ability to summon the Guild Bank for the Player

Duration: 3 Minutes // Cooldown: 15 minutes

Perk Duration: 28 days // Tier: 1

Cost(s): Guild Commendations: 0 // Credits: 900,000

Room: Forward Command Room // Set: Fortune

This perk is purchased and applied into the Forward Command Room Node for 900,000 credits. There is no Commendation or Reinforcement Module Cost. It is Tier 1 so your Guild can purchase it at any level. Once applied, this Perk will last for 28 days unless your Guild replaces it. On the 28 day mark the Perk will expire and no longer function.

This Perk grants everyone in the Guild the ability to summon access to the Guild Bank in the field for 3 minutes. Once activated, that ability will go on cooldown for 15 minutes.

Last part, which may have raised an eyebrow is that this perk is a part of the Fortune set. There will be 5 Guild Perk sets at launch. This adds an extra layer of choice when placing your Perks. Does your Guild want to go after a set bonus? Do you prefer to just choose the best 5 perks? It is up to you. Since I used Fortune in the example above, here is Fortune's current set bonus (which is acquired by slotting 4 Fortune perks):

• Increase Critical Chance by 5% in Operations and Flashpoints
  • Increase Efficiency and Critical Chance for all professions by 2%

There are also two types of Perks, Core and Cycling. Core Perks, such as Summon Guild Bank, typically only cost Credits and are always available. Cycling Perks are typically more powerful with higher requirements, and are only available for a limited time. Our current plan is that they will cycle every couple of weeks or so. This gives us a lot of flexibility in being able to introduce special, powerful, limited time Perks!

Let us know your thoughts on Guild Perks! We are really excited about this system as it really gives players the power to tailor their Guild to be exactly what they want.

-eric

Tentative list of some upcoming Guild Perks (this is not a comprehensive list, expect changes to these before launch including removal)

Group Resurrection - Grants an ability to all guild members which resurrects your entire party. Can only be used outside of combat. 6 hour cooldown. 14 day duration.

Summon Guild Bank - Summons a guild bank for the player. 15 minute cooldown. 28 day duration.

Cleanse Negative Effects - Remove all negative effects from the player. 6 hour cooldown. 14 day duration.

Movement Speed Boost - Increases speed by 10/20% for one hour. 6 hour cooldown. 28/14 day duration.

Stat Boost - Increases Damage or Crit or Mastery or Endurance by 3/5% for an hour. 6 hour cooldown. 28/14 day duration.

Passive Stat Boosts - Increase Endurance by 6/9/12% or Mastery by 4/6/8% in Flashpoints or Operations. 28/28/14 day duration.

Increased Energy Regeneration - Increases energy regeneration by 3% for 1 hour. 6 hour cooldown. 28 day duration.

Increase Received Healing - Increases incoming healing by 3% for 1 hour. 6 hour cooldown. 28 day duration.

Profession Research/Crit chance bonus - Increases Efficiency or Crit Chance for all professions by 5% for 1 hour. 6 hour cooldown, 28 day duration.

XP Increases - Increases experience gains by 3/5/7%. 14/14/28 day duration.

CXP Increases - Increases Command experience gains by 3/5/7%. 14/14/28 day duration.

Rep Increases - Increases reputation gains by 5/10/15%. 14/14/28 day duration.

Conquest Point Increase - Increase conquest points awarded by 10/20%. 14/28 day duration.

New Mount Skills - Adds a shield/AoE knockback/speed boost ability usable while mounted. 14 day duration.

New Conquest Objectives Adds new Conquest objectives to your available list, based on which type of game activity you like doing. Can add Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones, GSF, or Crafting objectives.

Harvesting Yield - 5/10/15% chance to gain more items while harvesting. Also can grant Reinforced Components (required for high-tier guild perks). 28 day duration.

Reduced Harvest Time - Reduces time to harvest nodes in the world by 15/30/45%. 28/28/14 day duration.

Crew Skill Efficiency - Increases efficiency for gathering/mission/crafting crew skills by 3/5/7%. 28 day duration.

Crew Skill Critical - Increases critical chance for gathering/mission/crafting crew skills by 1/2/3%. 28/28/14 day duration.

Crew Skills - Increase harvest yield, harvest time, gathering efficiency, and/or crit chance for Crew Skills.

Sprint Speed - Increases sprint speed by 50/75/100%. 28/28/14 day duration.

Mount Speed - Increase mounted speed by 10/15/20%. 28/28/14 day duration.

Decreased Quick Travel Cooldown - Decreases cooldown time by 60/90/120 seconds. 28 day duration.

Ossus Daily Quest - Adds Reinforced Components as rewards for Ossus repeatable quests. 28 day duration.

Reduced damage while stunned - Reduces damage while stunned by 5/10%. 28 day duration.

Increased group content rewards - Increase XP, CXP, and Rep in Flashpoints/Operations/GSF (and Valor in Warzones) by 5/7/9%. 28 day duration.

Increased adrenal/stimpack duration - Increase duration of adrenals and stimpacks in Flashpoints/Operations by 10/20/30%. 27 day duration.

Increased Ops crafting drops - 5/10/15% for crafting kit to drop from bosses while in a guild group. 28 day duration.

Cost Reductions - Reduce cost of GTN Commission or Repairs,by 5/10/15%. 28 day duration.

Increased AoE Loot Range - Increase the range at which enemies can be looted by 50%. 28 day duration.

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the post above, I like QoL perks. Not sure about the changes that affect Operations and PVP, but I guess (at least for Ops) it's kinda like the NiM crystal. You can use it to make your life easier, but you don't need it at all and if you don't want to spend tim e on conquest just don't.

For PVP I see a problem though, like the 5/10% reduced damage stunned makes a difference, and a few other 1h boosts. As a casual PVPer I don't really care, but I can see a problem in ranked, maybe make those perks not affect ranked? I mean there are already complaining about the gear grind, I see this conquest grind being an issue also.

Overall I think guild perks and leveling are a good thing though, and I wish that happened when I was still a lot more invested in this game.

Edited by Eloi_BG

The entire system of guild perks seems a very interesting and enticing way to do content repeatedly, regardless of guild size.

My only question is, with the new costs for the Flagships, will the guilds get refunded the difference of 35,000,000 that they've already put in as recognition of some people's efforts? Or, "no backsies", "sorry"?

I really don't like the perks that affect endgame.

That's terrible for players and makes new/small guilds likely to break up for ones with higher player count.

Please tell me ops/pvp perks don't work beyond GF/REGS.

Otherwise that's a big slap in the face to endgame players.

Given the insane inflation in the game's economy, guild ships should cost $150m each now, not $15m that's a *********** joke and if we don't get compensated for the huge opportunity cost of having spent $50m each back when credits were hard to come by, then this is just a firm kick in the pants for every existing guild, and more proof that Bioware doesn't have a clue about managing the in-game economy. Edited by OWENF

Since I am seeing it come up in the thread already I wanted to clarify. The intention is that all of the stat affecting perks do not impact players while they are in PvP.

-eric

So... what about ops though? Are those only for GF/SM?

here is Fortune's current set bonus (which is acquired by slotting 4 Fortune perks):

Increase Critical Chance by 5% in Operations and Flashpoints

Increased adrenal/stimpack duration - Increase duration of adrenals and stimpacks in Flashpoints/Operations by 10/20/30%. 27 day duration.

Those... are not insignificant

IMHO you should really cut perks down to QoL things.

Group Resurrection - Grants an ability to all guild members which resurrects your entire party. Can only be used outside of combat. 6 hour cooldown. 14 day duration.

Summon Guild Bank - Summons a guild bank for the player. 15 minute cooldown. 28 day duration.

Movement Speed Boost - Increases speed by 10/20% for one hour. 6 hour cooldown. 28/14 day duration.

New Mount Skills - Adds a shield/AoE knockback/speed boost ability usable while mounted. 14 day duration.

New Conquest Objectives Adds new Conquest objectives to your available list, based on which type of game activity you like doing. Can add Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones, GSF, or Crafting objectives.

Harvesting Yield - 5/10/15% chance to gain more items while harvesting. Also can grant Reinforced Components (required for high-tier guild perks). 28 day duration.

Reduced Harvest Time - Reduces time to harvest nodes in the world by 15/30/45%. 28/28/14 day duration.

Cost Reductions - Reduce cost of GTN Commission or Repairs,by 5/10/15%. 28 day duration.

Increased AoE Loot Range - Increase the range at which enemies can be looted by 50%. 28 day duration.

^ That kind of stuff is great, and will motivate guilds.

It's when people will have to choose if they want that toon they RP and raid on (or craft and pvp or any number of combinations) to stay in the guild they enjoy or move to the guild that will give them a tangible advantage that things get annoying.

They should be mostly QoL or fun stuff. The stat increases seem like a bad idea to me because a) they're boring but people will feel they're necessary to pick and b) it will give a real reason to choose the mega massive guild that can easily get that perk vs. a smaller guild that may not yet have access to it and I think that's a bad way to pick a guild. You should join one that you like better, not one that gives you more stat increases.

Also please tell me the speed increases, the cleanse (what is even the point of this one? a cleanse every 6 hours? is it to skip some boss mechanic or something?), and the stun damage reduction also don't work in PvP. I mean really I hope none of it works in PvP except for valor increase or whatever.

Why not do some fun ones like turn all of your guildmates that you're grouped with into wookiees for an hour or something.

These are definitely cool to have in the game but I feel they should have no influence or functionality in higher end PvE and PvP content; that being nightmare operations and ranked PvP. I'd also say they shouldn't work in regular PvP as well but at least consider the impact these perks may have on the more competitive aspects of the game and how that may reflect on player enjoyment and experience.

Big guilds will always have an advantage. This won't change that.

In OPs and flashpoints you aren't competing with other playes and you can still do OPs without those stat boosts.

A guild has a member cap and eventually new guilds will have to form if they want those boosts. I say, it's best to see how it plays out but it's good to hear that pvp isn't affected.

Big guilds will always have an advantage. This won't change that.

In OPs and flashpoints you aren't competing with other playes and you can still do OPs without those stat boosts.

A guild has a member cap and eventually new guilds will have to form if they want those boosts. I say, it's best to see how it plays out but it's good to hear that pvp isn't affected.

Nothing they ever done since i play made the game better imho, but giving perks (with this guild thingys) for individual stats a player can use inside any group content must be one of their most stupid decisions ever made, sure will be in some top 10 dumbest things they ever did. They do like to do some random **** often, that no one with a brain understands but... heh.

Well with that said, i have to break it for you bby but everything is a competition, and giving random stats like 5% crit behind a guild perk to someone, its not, and they did this many many times, understanding the community and the player base they have in their barely alive game. By player base in this case i mean the player base that could do some use to those 5% or whatever extra stats they want to give in guild perks.

Edited by FiLaBugh

Given the insane inflation in the game's economy, guild ships should cost $150m each now, not $15m that's a *********** joke and if we don't get compensated for the huge opportunity cost of having spent $50m each back when credits were hard to come by, then this is just a firm kick in the pants for every existing guild, and more proof that Bioware doesn't have a clue about managing the in-game economy.

Real kicker is the limiting factor in guild ships isn't the 50m upfront cost, but the subsequent framework requirements.

By no means am I asking BioWare to nerf the expansion cost...but you need 6 engineering and 20 command frameworks + 25 extra mil to open the rest of your ship so you can slot the remaining 4 perks....and that will be the major limiting factor for most people. Getting 50m together - you could do that in a week by doing dailies.

These are definitely cool to have in the game but I feel they should have no influence or functionality in higher end PvE and PvP content; that being nightmare operations and ranked PvP. I'd also say they shouldn't work in regular PvP as well but at least consider the impact these perks may have on the more competitive aspects of the game and how that may reflect on player enjoyment and experience.

I assume the stats gains are to introduce a defacto current nim ops nerf (with a new nim op thay is supposedly much harder that doesnt seem crazy). As long as the perks are not too onerous to get it doesnt really upset me. Give folks 2 ways to increase stats, both the new gear and these stats.

Also, he did say the perks wont work in pvp.

So where do I apply for my $70M rebate on the 2 guild ships (1 pub, 1 imp) I already bought?

The same place everyone who spent years paying for abilities gets their refund. Its right next to the place everyone who bought mats for gear over the years got their refund after a new tier of gear came out, across from where you get a refund for the old and worthless crew skills when new tiers have come out.

Sorry for the snark, but come on, guild flagships came out years ago, and youve been able to use them for those years, thats what you paid 50 million for. If you literally just bought them, that definitely sucks, amd maybe you can email Eric or tech support and see if theyll refund you, but unless it was really recent I doubt you'll get a refund, nor should you.

Nothing they ever done since i play made the game better imho, but giving perks (with this guild thingys) for individual stats a player can use inside any group content must be one of their most stupid decisions ever made, sure will be in some top 10 dumbest things they ever did. They do like to do some random **** often, that no one with a brain understands but... heh.

Well with that said, i have to break it for you bby but everything is a competition, and giving random stats like 5% crit behind a guild perk to someone, its not, and they did this many many times, understanding the community and the player base they have in their barely alive game. By player base in this case i mean the player base that could do some use to those 5% or whatever extra stats they want to give in guild perks.

"Nothing they ever done since I play made the game better". Then you must not have played for a long time because there have been a lot of great improvements and quality of life changes to the game. You can also stop acting like a rude jerk and take a chill pill, you need it.

And no, flashpoints and OPs aren't competitive. I am not racing against another guild in a flashpoint. It's also not random and it's a temporary to speed things up in flashpoints and OPs, as far as I see it.

I think this could turn out quite fun.

I assume the stats gains are to introduce a defacto current nim ops nerf (with a new nim op thay is supposedly much harder that doesnt seem crazy). As long as the perks are not too onerous to get it doesnt really upset me. Give folks 2 ways to increase stats, both the new gear and these stats.

Also, he did say the perks wont work in pvp.

So I did consider the idea of these effectively being a time-gated nerf to the new op. It sorta makes sense if GFTM NiM end bosses are tuned to 258s. Historically Nightmare modes in this game have been tuned to the HM dropped tier and the NiM loot tier has served as a slight nerf as you get that gear. So this is all well and good as a substitute to getting that extra tier. But even then some of these stat boosts are extremely big and this would be a pretty huge tuning nerf. Furthermore, consider the impact of these perks in any potential future raid tiers. You'll have finished your grinding by then and have access to these upon launch.

So I did consider the idea of these effectively being a time-gated nerf to the new op. It sorta makes sense if GFTM NiM end bosses are tuned to 258s. Historically Nightmare modes in this game have been tuned to the HM dropped tier and the NiM loot tier has served as a slight nerf as you get that gear. So this is all well and good as a substitute to getting that extra tier. But even then some of these stat boosts are extremely big and this would be a pretty huge tuning nerf. Furthermore, consider the impact of these perks in any potential future raid tiers. You'll have finished your grinding by then and have access to these upon launch.

As with many things BW does, implementation is what matters (granted, with their history Im not holding my breath). I agree some of these seem really really high, and I wouldnt be surprised to see them get nerfed prerelease, or shortly after.

They can definitely work around for future raid tiers by disabling for the first couple weeks or months (think nim power effectively) and then enabling to give a simple nerf to open up the ops a little bit. No idea if theyll do that (again, implementation, and again, not holding my breath) but they can work around that.

I really don't like the perks that affect endgame.

I echo that.

Those perks and guild leveling is just another grind, and I can easily choose not to participate in it. Leveling is tied to conquest which I‘ve never enjoyed. Perks look overcomplicated on paper, and I can live without those QoL improvements.

But what my tiny raid team in a tiny guild is supposed to do now? We’re not NiM gods, we struggle a lot and need any advantage we can get. Disband and put our chars into big guilds? Adjust our raiding time to the raiding time in these guilds?

Please reconsider it and remove all the perks which affect stats and performance in HM/NiM ops so it didn’t look like a carrot we can’t get unless we make an unpleasant compromise.

there will be a big nerf coming to all nim op due to 258 gear. compared tyth nim with 248 pulls the 258 pulls on late pts versions feels like a permanent crystal of the nightmare fury.

even hardmode today you can skip most mechanics with 248 already due to the massive dps you do.

So there is no need for any of those stats increments via perks.

I really like the idea of guild perks. but i think they should focus on other things then stats. If you want to support PVE activities some perks designed for pve activities could be something like this:

• Tier 1
  • 10% Discount on Repair
    Tier 2
  • Tactical Nuke for Trash Mobs, to skip 1 two or three groups of them in an operation
    Tier3
  • Double CXP for the First PVE activity of the day
    Tier 4
  • Loot Perk. If you have this Perk active, Group Leader is able to use an item (very very high cost) to give an 100% chance for all loot types for the next boss encounter. the item should be destroyed after use

Edited by ultimarb

Whilst perks are good idea and QOL improvements great to see, there is yet again another flawed design that essentially goes back to the size of the guild. The bigger the better.

STOP REWARDING BIG GUILDS!

They already dominate conquest and get the rewards there.

The bigger the guild the quicker they will get these rewards and in multiples. A small guild will at best be able to afford one or 2 perks, a big guild will have the maximum perks active all the time.

Size should not matter stop designing flawed systems like this, make it an equal playing field, stop rewarding size!

Edited by GrimTheGlutt

Two things that stand out.

Guild size doesn't impact costs of perks - thus the only thing that matters is numbers, not focus nor quality - which will force players in smaller focused guilds to move to big generic guilds for the benefits or feel left out.

Power rewards are absurd - guild perks should only include convenience and QoL, or things like XP / CXP bonuses, not raw stats / player power - doubly so given the design is quantity over quality (in other words - unlocks are NOT tied to say completing the hardest content, but rather having a large number of players doing mindless grinding).

I like some of them and we will use what benefits our guild. There is a perk that gives you extra 15% for a reputation, which could be helpful if a guild member doesn't have a max reputation (like ossus) and it lasts about an hour so I think that one is beneficial. We will pick and chose what we like, some probably not but then again each guild is different.