How many did not Hate KOTFE or KOTET...

denavin

I would have much preferred to see cut scenes of Marr and Satele debating than the cut scenes with Valkorion's House of Pain.

I would've enjoyed more of Marr and Satele as well.

In the EU there's some stuff with Anakin Skywalker's ghost, specifically that he has to square things with Leia, because unlike Luke, she doesn't forgive him for all that he did. He very specifically goes to Leia, not Luke.

Yeah, it was kind of a wholesome and tragic moment. I remember Leia doesn't forgive him, at that moment anyway.

You never hear from him again, which is a shame, but it makes me think he was able to stick around to fulfill what he felt he needed to do before taking off.

I do hope to see him around whenever Satele appears again, or at least a mention if he fully became one with the force. Or went to the chaos, anything at all!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what I've said about that story in the past and I still believe that. I was "On the Fence" for almost a year about sending my JK through the story but the last few days that's what I've been doing and I will say "It's *Different" (Better). The story does make more sense now, the scenes less awkward and instead of the "Why am I doing this?" there's a sense of "This is what I should be doing". In short I think the character class going through makes a great deal of difference to how the story is received, Good or Bad.

Yeah, it was kind of a wholesome and tragic moment. I remember Leia doesn't forgive him, at that moment anyway.

I liked the way they handled that, and also liked that she was not willing to forgive him just then. I can't remember when Leia finally did let it go, but she and Anakin's ghost had to talk a few things out first. I thought that the way they showed the closure, with her naming her son after Anakin, was sweet.

I do hope to see him around whenever Satele appears again, or at least a mention if he fully became one with the force. Or went to the chaos, anything at all!

I'd hope so too. In the few letters you get from Satele she never mentions anything about him. I'm really wondering why they've had Satele be mostly silent since KOTFE, with no commentary on the betrayal or anything. She doesn't seem to be in poster or any of the livestream info about 5.10 either, even though she's the one that contacts Republic players to ask them to come back.

Actually, I loved Copero and Nathema quite a bit, those were interesting stories. Or maybe I just love Nathema so much becsuse it is so incredibly pleasing seeing the Eternal Fleet be eradicated :)

Don't get me wrong I did enjoy Copero and Nathema but my dislike was the flashpoint / story mission concept. Would much rather of had traditional missions instead of just a kill fest flashpoint with a splash of story thrown in.

I really enjoyed both expansions. It definitely feels like the best playthroughs are with the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior though, as they have the strongest connections to Valkorion/Vitiate. Apparently BioWare were originally going to give the non-force sensitive classes force sensitivity, which would've been really interesting but I understand why they didn't go with it.

The whole alliance thing was pretty good, but I am glad that we're going back to Republic vs Empire.

[*]Darth Marr's ghost and Satele Shan being besties. Satele Shan is the grandmaster of the Jedi order, a champion of the light side of the Force, and they have her hanging out with the ghost of a Dark Council member. On that note Marr is way too warm and fuzzy. He's the shade of an evil dark council member. His spirit should be demonic and dangerous, not something you can have a friendly chat with. That bit was weird and borderline lore breaking.

Darth Marr was not your typical Sith. Marr was not the power hunger cold self centerd norm for the Sith. But Marr was a true Sith to be sure. His whole goal and still is was to protect the Empire, in any way possible. If that meant making friends with his sworn enemy, then so be it so long as the Empire was protected.

So no I do not see a softer Marr, I see Marr just a hard and tough as he always was. He is a little more humble, after all he just got his rear end handed to him by Valcorian, but in no way is he soft.

Don't get me wrong I did enjoy Copero and Nathema but my dislike was the flashpoint / story mission concept. Would much rather of had traditional missions instead of just a kill fest flashpoint with a splash of story thrown in.

:) I agree with this. Story is what BW does best; better then the others so cutting back their story and increasing the "Shoot'em up" (what everybody else does well) is really cutting back on their best abilities. Lengthened those a bit to encompass more story with the same amount of "Shoot everything that isn't US" or less of the shooting and more dialogue (same duration). Considering the Class Stories, RotHC, SOR and Zakuul series story format was appropriate, instead they broke from the status quo. Story segments in this game does include action but Flashpoints are different and separate.

I liked the way they handled that, and also liked that she was not willing to forgive him just then. I can't remember when Leia finally did let it go, but she and Anakin's ghost had to talk a few things out first. I thought that the way they showed the closure, with her naming her son after Anakin, was sweet.

From what I remember it was once she found Padme's Journals I think... or perhaps Shmi's Journal? Either way someone who Anakin loved and talked about how he used to be a good man.

I'd hope so too. In the few letters you get from Satele she never mentions anything about him. I'm really wondering why they've had Satele be mostly silent since KOTFE, with no commentary on the betrayal or anything. She doesn't seem to be in poster or any of the livestream info about 5.10 either, even though she's the one that contacts Republic players to ask them to come back.

It's just my personal theory based on nothing at all, but they teased the shrouded figure in the 5.10 concept art, I am hoping the figure in the middle is Satele.

I really enjoyed both expansions. It definitely feels like the best playthroughs are with the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior though, as they have the strongest connections to Valkorion/Vitiate. Apparently BioWare were originally going to give the non-force sensitive classes force sensitivity, which would've been really interesting but I understand why they didn't go with it.

The whole alliance thing was pretty good, but I am glad that we're going back to Republic vs Empire.

I am pretty sure you do get force sensitivy, I recall something about Valkorion opening up my connection to the force on my BH.

You know I think allot more people than Bioware knows loved the Eternal throne Storyline. I mean no one I know even knew there was a poll on reddit asking that. Besides who the heck would use reddit that site sucks?

The SWTOR Reddit is actually widely used by F2P players who can't post on the SWTOR forums. Kind of weird such an intelligent and all-knowing guy like you didn't know that!

Well I enjoyed the Eternal Throne so much I hate that it is going away and allot of my guild mates and friends are all very disappointed.I feel Bioware has underestimated how many people really wanted to continue with the eternal throne. Edited by Fallensouls

From what I remember it was once she found Padme's Journals I think... or perhaps Shmi's Journal? Either way someone who Anakin loved and talked about how he used to be a good man.

Yes. It's been a really long time since I dipped into any of the EU novels or any of that but yeah, that sounds familiar. It's making me wish again that they hadn't thrown out all that lore. :(

It's just my personal theory based on nothing at all, but they teased the shrouded figure in the 5.10 concept art, I am hoping the figure in the middle is Satele.

I'd be totally down with that, and would prefer it to some of the other theories I've read. I think it would be intriguing to see her go Sith or try to reform the Jedi Order the way Luke did in the old EU. She doesn't say no when you ask if she's Marr's apprentice, after all.

I do have some specific things that got so much under my skin that I'm surprised muscle isn't showing, but I've gone over those at length elsewhere and don't want to bring them here.

Character waste was probably the biggest annoyance for me. Valss, Vaylin, Vinn, Arcann, Senya, Koth, they could have done so much more with them.

I didn't hate kotfeet, as a story it wasn't all that bad. Most of the 'creative' elements I had difficulty with boil down to matters of taste, and that's something one just deals with with consuming entertainment. Probably the biggest snag for me story-wise was that running it with a non-Force user didn't really settle well; some of the dialogue ought to have been tweaked for smugglers/agents and troopers; probably just a few dozen lines rewritten would have made a huge difference in flavor, without changing the flow of story events.

The one thing that did get me about the whole kotfeet saga was that they made it completely solo! As in, it's all but impossible for friends to work together, the way they can in every other phase of all the stories! Back when I was running with a steady gaming partner, we worked out a way to bring each other into our chapters, but it wasn't really worth it - while I don't mind spectating for the occasional story scene, there are so many cutscenes and special mechanics (such as walkers!) that work hard against teaming up. To me, that's not a creative difference, that's a structural design decision that breaks the whole idea of playing online with friends. Maybe they've changed it so it's easier, but I can't believe they thought forcing solo play was a good idea.

Shmi's journals. Or maybe they were both. I think that was from Tatooine Ghost, the one where Han and Leia are trying to track down the Alderaanian killik twilight painting that had rebel codes inside it.

Once again you are off topic and your whole discussion has nothing to do with Bioware giving me my new ship. So go away troll we are talking grown up stuff here.

Wrong thread. I lol at the idea you consider that thread to be an example of 'grown up stuff'.

Edited by Ardrossan

I have never been a fan of the free to play model and never will be no. Anyone can get a job and pay for this game its not that expensive. WE have two brothers from Africa in my guild and they live in a poor country but yet find the money to sub..

Once again you are off topic and your whole discussion has nothing to do with Bioware giving me my new ship. So go away troll we are talking grown up stuff here.

You're the one that took it off topic to whine about free to play. And when was this about your ship?

Edited by kodrac

I have never been a fan of the free to play model and never will be no. Anyone can get a job and pay for this game its not that expensive. WE have two brothers from Africa in my guild and they live in a poor country but yet find the money to sub..

Anyone can be irresponsible! Also just because you live in Africa doesn't mean you're poor. Just like when you live in the west doesn't mean you're wealthy.

I didnt hate it, but got very tired of hallway after hallway being filled with three storm troopers.

I loved Vaylin in the first expansion hated they changed her personality so much in the second.

The first one when she speak to Arcann, it's like she toys with him, like she knows something he doesnt, like she can whip his rear without breaking a sweat, and at certain points he becomes fully aware of that, when we get to the second chapter she becomes this idiot that doesn't play the same mind games with her foes, and yes I think in the first expansion she sees Arcann as the spoiled child

Listen to her conversation with him.

Its also a pain to get some of the cool stuff you have to do the whole thing through the traitor arc.

So the traitor thing shows us Valkorian or whatever his name was used this machine to ravage Nathema and kill all those sith lords and did the same thing at whatever that planet was after revan thing. Looked alot like Space child from ME3 to me, had to wonder if Casey Hudson wrote that entire Nathema thing, all we needed to complete that story line was a red blue or green button.

Wrong thread. I lol at the idea you consider that thread to be an example of 'grown up stuff'.

At least we can have a good giggle from time to time with people posting that kind of stuff! :)

I didnt say my friends from Africa are poor I said they live in a poor country, learn to read.

Then your "argument" makes even less sense because now it counters nothing and proves the point that to some 15 dollars will be nothing and to others a lot. Here in the Netherlands, a western country, there are people who cannot afford a sub and they do have a job. By your logic everyone in the Netherlands would have to be able to pay for the sub, even those living below the poverty line. That's the flaw in your argument, not that the argument made sense in the first place anyway.