Just wondering who will Not be playing Empire vs. Republic 6.0

MandFlurry

That's again your opinion, and the sole fact you disagree with me doesn't disprove my argument. If you think that simply casting subjective opinions is a solid counter argument then frankly that is laughable.

You're arguing with two people that have their own take on Star Wars - what it is, what it has been and what it should be - regardless of past and current depictions. It's like arguing with a conspiracy theorist. They're always going to be able to make excuses to dismiss anything outside their extremes. Their statements of what LucasFilm is these days is evidence of that. They're probably the same guys that used to say George Lucas was wrong about what Star Wars is about. Lucas. The guy that created it. Wrong. :rolleyes: You're wasting your time.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're arguing with two people that have their own take on Star Wars - what it is, what it has been and what it should be - regardless of past and current depictions. It's like arguing with a conspiracy theorist. They're always going to be able to make excuses to dismiss anything outside their extremes. Their statements of what LucasFilm is these days is evidence of that. They're probably the same guys that used to say George Lucas was wrong about what Star Wars is about. Lucas. The guy that created it. Wrong. :rolleyes: You're wasting your time.

Very true, hence why I have stopped replying to those people as they are not worth my time or attention :) instead, I'll keep replying to the fine folk like you, gentlebeing!

Since when can George Lucas be wrong about anything to do with Star Wars? What kind of madness is that?

Whatever he says is Star Wars, is Star Wars. The End. :D

And Mickey Mouse too, unfortunately. Well, it was good while it lasted...

Next Up, Darth Jar Jar.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

The light and dark thing isn't quite true. The Empire cares mostly that you get your work done for them. An Inquisitor can be aligned LS or neutral and will still get a Dark Council seat (and recognition of that). Satele will comment several times if a Jedi Knight is dark-sided and won't grant them Master status, but won't drum them out of the order. In fact Satele even has a line after SoR along the lines that even though the JK is dark, they still are effective, and thus get the Battlemaster designation. The JC can also be noted as having some DS but won't be drummed out. The Jedi's usual way is to try to rehab anyone who has gone to the DS; they even try it with Vitiate, which is most amusing. .

Ok first off your whole first paragraph is wrong. Did you even play this game at all? Obviously you didnt listen to Jaesa's story on the darkside. YOu know what she did for fun in her off time? She slayed lightside sith. The emperor wanted her to do that, that was the whole reason he wanted you to keep her as a apprentice. So no lightside sith is not acceptible to be on the DARK council. Like wise the jedi in the Return of the Sith movie, what did they do as soon as they found out who Darth Sidious was? They went to kill him. Mace Windu was in his face to kill him. That is Star Wars Cannon set by George Lucas. Do yoiu even realize the whole reason the Republic and Empire fight? Its because they got dragged into the Sith vs Jedi fight is why. That is the whole reason for this game, is the battle over theology between the dark and the light and who is right..

I just hope you was being sarcastic. because you should not comment on anything lore related in the future. As a matter of fact it is shocking me how many of you commenting against me dont know the star wars lore but think you know what is right.

I suggest going to Wookiepedia for the jedi and sith lore to get a basic understanding.

Also another example of a force user who was banned by the jedi was the Exile. The exile was not cut off from the force by the jedi council because she already had cut herself off from it but they still exiled her to unknown space. Also Reven did not return because he knew they would try to do that to him as well after all the mandalorians he killed, he was leaning toward the dark from that. So using the darkside is not acceptible to the jedi at all.

Hence the outlander could not return to either faction just like REVEN, because both of the previous outcomes i explained would happen , or at least they would try unsuccessfully. The only option that does not violate cannon is if you are a third faction, helping out who ever is the weakest.

OR better yet as emperor you make them pay for trying to take Iokath and take on the Empire and the Republic after you use Iokath to restore your fleet in a very short time. My story is so much better. Maybe I should write for bioware.

Edited by Fallensouls

@Kodrac, I followed your advice and extended my ignore list by several names. Truly I did not expect to feel such bliss and peace at such a simple thing ^_^

Since when can George Lucas be wrong about anything to do with Star Wars? What kind of madness is that?

Since some fans are so convinced their take on Star Wars is correct that they dismiss anything that doesn't come out of their own mouth. It's why there is so much toxicity within the Star Wars fandom. Even a small group can be very loud and very toxic.

Edited by Ylliarus

@Kodrac, I followed your advice and extended my ignore list by several names. Truly I did not expect to feel such bliss and peace at such a simple thing ^_^

Since some fans are so convinced their take on Star Wars is correct that they dismiss anything that doesn't come out of their own mouth. It's why there is so much toxicity within the Star Wars fandom.

Haha I think people are more likely to feel bliss at putting you on ignore.

Edited by Fallensouls

Ok first off your whole first paragraph is wrong. Did you even play this game at all? Obviously you didnt listen to Jaesa's story on the darkside.(snip)

*yawn* Awwww! Aren't you cute! I've been into Star Wars my entire life, cupcake. Not interested in any debates with you due to your hostility and abrasive response. I'm not wrong, and the game lore and lore overall shows as much. Buh-bye. /ignore

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

*yawn* Awwww! Aren't you cute! I've been into Star Wars my entire life, cupcake. Not interested in any debates with you due to your hostility and abrasive response. I'm not wrong, and the game lore shows as much. Buh-bye. /ignore

I may be no saint either, but for once our sentiments align it seems.

*yawn* Awwww! Aren't you cute! I've been into Star Wars my entire life, cupcake. Not interested in any debates with you due to your hostility and abrasive response. I'm not wrong, and the game lore and lore overall shows as much. Buh-bye. /ignore

Really your whole life and you still dont know the basic story of this game or of Star Wars in General ? Or even how the Sith and Jedi factions work ? And you called me a cupcake lol?

Tis an alliance I actually would drink to! ;) well played!

Round's on me, then. :) At the end of the day I think we're both passionate about wanting the game to be the best it can be and we both obviously are very emotionally invested in the lore and whatever world building or characters we have. We just disagree at points on how to get to that "best it can be." Which is fine, I don't hate you or anything. It's more like you enjoy a band that I don't like at all, or vice versa. It's all good. :)

Round's on me, then. :) At the end of the day I think we're both passionate about wanting the game to be the best it can be and we both obviously are very emotionally invested in the lore and whatever world building or characters we have. We just disagree at points on how to get to that "best it can be." Which is fine, I don't hate you or anything. It's more like you enjoy a band that I don't like at all, or vice versa. It's all good. :)

And vice versa! I will admit that our discussions did however largen my perspectives a lot regarding this issue, so if anything that's a very good thing :) you made a lot of good points, I hope I made some sense in my ramblings as well, but at the end of the day it is as you say: we both are passionate about SWTOR and want what's best for it.

My gut tells me that Charles Boyd and the devs did take note of the discussions taking place here, but nonetheless I will reach out to Mr. Boyd on Twitter and convey the point that if there will be a return option to our original factions, there should also be a stay within the Alliance option :)

That's all we ever asked for really:(

And I admit, in the passion we all must have felt it must have gotten a bit lost that we all want the same thing in the end. The compromise idea that Aurelius proposed more than once remains the most viable solution that brings the most gain/merit, because it will please those who want to stick with the Alliance and those who want to return to their factions (or defect).

I'll do my best and see what I can do on Twitter! :)

And I admit, in the passion we all must have felt it must have gotten a bit lost that we all want the same thing in the end. The compromise idea that Aurelius proposed more than once remains the most viable solution that brings the most gain/merit, because it will please those who want to stick with the Alliance and those who want to return to their factions (or defect).

I'll do my best and see what I can do on Twitter! :)

This would be much appreciated ^^

Even though i'd rather have played the whole KOTFE/ET storyline as it was originaly planned before going back to EvR, i could enjoy it, if the story is well written and i am able to keep the Alliance and stay true to what my main character is now (meaning she's not a Jedi anymore, and won't go back to the Jedi Order).

But on the other hand, i don't want to play even 1 ms of it, if i know for sure that no matter what i do, i'll end up loosing everything.

Edited by Goreshaga

I do not plan on playing the new expansion if we are forced to becoming a follower again, of the former factions. It would ruin my characters story and be like taking 10 steps back. Our character is supposed to get better not weaker.

That's the thing, we have to make sure that if we ever did go back to any faction. That we would not be the follower be at least the 3rd or 4th most important character there. Swtor was created in the mind being that our characters in whatever faction we were in, especially the Alliance that We would be the most important, or one the biggest reasons for the galaxies survival.

That's the thing, we have to make sure that if we ever did go back to any faction. That we would not be the follower be at least the 3rd or 4th most important character there. Swtor was created in the mind being that our characters in whatever faction we were in, especially the Alliance that We would be the most important, or one the biggest reasons for the galaxies survival.

You couldnt go back tho. You use both sides of the force . The Jedi would never allow anyone to use darkside powers in they're ranks. The Sith would kill anyone who uses Light side abilities. And you cant hide it because the whole Galaxy knows you and what you can do.

• 2 weeks later...
You couldnt go back tho. You use both sides of the force . The Jedi would never allow anyone to use darkside powers in they're ranks. The Sith would kill anyone who uses Light side abilities. And you cant hide it because the whole Galaxy knows you and what you can do.

I've always considered myself in the gray, as both ideologies can be used in real life to a certain point as well as meta-physical.