Maintenance: October 23rd, 2018

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 23rd in order to apply Game Update 5.9.3a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 23 October 2018

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.9.3a

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, [b]October 2nd[/b] in order to apply Game Update 5.9.3a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

-eric

Might want to double check your dates, I think you are off a little bit

Well, you got the date correct at the bottom of the posting, but, a different date in the first part of the announcement.

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 2nd in order to apply Game Update 5.9.3a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

-eric

So glad you're going back in time to do a patch..... :p

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 2nd in order to apply Game Update 5.9.3a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

-eric

My time travel skills still need some brushing up, so I have gone ahead and fixed the date :).

-eric

Ask a search engine before posting Eric - this happens WAY too often for the cosmopolitan you for sure are! Yes, that was sarcasm, but meant in a friendly way. :-)

Edited by Khaleg

Game Update 5.9.3a

General

The Merciless Seeker Armor Set has been added as a rare drop from The Eyeless during the Rakghoul Plague event.

Patch Notes are up.

Nothing about the Holo Rancor mount issue. If or when the issue is fixed, please make the holo-effect darker, brighter, and bolder than before.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Any idea why servers are still down 75 minutes after maintenance was supposed to be over?

I think you math is wrong by one hour.... that said.. yes.. they are delaying server starts, per below.

From SWTOR Twitter:

We are going to extend maintenance by 1 hour to work on addressing an account issue, we will pass on more info as we have it. Thank you for your patience.
Edited by Andryah

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I want to start by thanking all of you again for your patience today, certainly an extended maintenance like this is not something we want to have happen and prolonging our downtime like that is not a decision we make lightly. Let's talk about what happened.

If you look at our patch notes it looks like this entire downtime was just to push out a small update containing one change. Although that was a part of our planned downtime, it was just a very small portion. The majority of our downtime today was actually for some backend updates that we needed to make. During our testing of those backend updates it became clear there was a fairly severe account level issue. This issue impacted everything from access to our website to in-game purchases. We looked for a few opportunities to come online while leaving some services down (such as the website) but ultimately this would have been too risky to your accounts. What I mean by risk is that it could have put your account in a potentially bad state, which is not a safe thing.

We were able to resolve the underlying issue and confirmed that things are all good for accounts. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

I want to start by thanking all of you again for your patience today, certainly an extended maintenance like this is not something we want to have happen and prolonging our downtime like that is not a decision we make lightly. Let's talk about what happened.

If you look at our patch notes it looks like this entire downtime was just to push out a small update containing one change. Although that was a part of our planned downtime, it was just a very small portion. The majority of our downtime today was actually for some backend updates that we needed to make. During our testing of those backend updates it became clear there was a fairly severe account level issue. This issue impacted everything from access to our website to in-game purchases. We looked for a few opportunities to come online while leaving some services down (such as the website) but ultimately this would have been too risky to your accounts. What I mean by risk is that it could have put your account in a potentially bad state, which is not a safe thing.

We were able to resolve the underlying issue and confirmed that things are all good for accounts. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric. The information is appreciated.