Ranked quality of life changes I'd like to see

DiavoIa

Firstly not all ranked but still,

1. Enemy target hotkeys, like the friendly hotkeys, just enemy. Tab target is in consistant and it's a pain as a melee to click the frames.

2. Focus target modifier should not reset on a stealth enemy, they should be just greyed out until they come back out of stealth, this is annoying especially when tanking against a mara.

3. Focus targets target window, I'd like to see this as a quality change.

Anyone else got a top 3 they'd like to see?

1) Remove bullsheet matchmaking that punishes high rated players. Instead make real matchmaking to prevent 4 ranged against 4 melee situations etc. Also limit the matchmaking to 5 minutes, so if there are enough players in the queue, even with big elo disparity, the game will pop.

2) Prohibit backfilling as another role (there's no way tank/healer should backfill dps)

3) Make 10-15 minutes penalty for leaving, declining and disconnect.

This is all for solo ranked obviously, it needs massive attention before it completely dies.

Edited by DerSchneider

are due to people missing the pop.

No, most of them came in, didn't move and the game kicked them for staying in spawn. AFKers are just as bad as the Throwers.

I have never been AFK in a ranked game. If I don't get a ranked pop in like 20 minutes I just go play regs.

I have never been AFK in a ranked game.

That has happened to me once, as I forgot I was queued. Wanna know what happened? I still got positive ELO, because we had a sorc on our team that apparently pulled me out of spawn both round :D. I own that sorc a beer.

1) Remove bullsheet matchmaking that punishes high rated players. Instead make real matchmaking to prevent 4 ranged against 4 melee situations etc. Also limit the matchmaking to 5 minutes, so if there are enough players in the queue, even with big elo disparity, the game will pop.

2) Prohibit backfilling as another role (there's no way tank/healer should backfill dps)

3) Make 10-15 minutes penalty for leaving, declining and disconnect.

This is all for solo ranked obviously, it needs massive attention before it completely dies.

Make this one for SR (and possibly for TR as well).

4) Cap the rating with who you can get queued with to prevent getting screwed by inexperienced players / bots / wintraders / mat farmers.

Basically tiers of who you can queue with

For example:

0 - Below Bronze : 0 - 1249

Lower limit of Bronze - Lower limit of Silver : 1250 - 1499

Lower limit of Silver - Lower limit of Gold : 1500 - 1749

Lower limit of Gold all the way to infinity and beyond 1750 - +1750

Players of no Tier with no Tier

Players of Bronze catches Bronzes, Silver with Silvers and Golds with Golds.

But there could be a sort of of 'intermediate' rating range to allow transition. Sort of like Almost Bronze vs Low Bronze, High Bronze players vs Low Silvers and High Silvers vs Low Golds

For example:

If a player is 1476 (bronze rated), they could catch a player with 1517(silver rated).

Or if a player is 1189, he/she could catch a 1207 player,

Intermediate tiers could be something like 25 or 50 points above and below the 'breaking' point between tiers.

Although pops could happen between teams of great difference of rating but give basically nothing on win and loss. Say Low Silver Rated(1500-1550) vs 2K+ rated players. We say that regardless of result, the team that wins gains, at most, 1 to 2 points and the team that loses, loses 1 to 2 points, as well.

And, if by chance, there's a leaver, the match would give 0 rating to the winners and lose 0 to the ones that stayed. As for the leaver, simply give to this one a big penalty. Something like -50.

It is frustrating being caught with less intelligent players and even though you fulfilled 2 roles at same time and outperforming the teammates in both ways, you still lose because of those same peeps (Operative DPS life).

You're all fine and stuff on 1500's and you start having bots and/or legit crap players on your team and now you're all the way down to 1200's once again. That's just BS.

I know we have it already a thing like this but its ineffective and the range is unlimited and can be heavily exploited which doesn't stop anyone from wintrading and so on through leaving matches and stuff.

People already told me that this would just further make it worse for Ranked and actually kill it but honestly, this over having to see all the top rated players and really question if they won that legitimately.

If Ranked stays the fest that it is now, then its better to not even have Ranked. Just not worth it.

Remove Bronze/Silver/Gold tiers and make the season for 3 months. After that season ends, buy the stuff and move on to the next one. You acquire the weapons/mounts/titles/armor/flairs through tokens and that's it.

Make this one for SR (and possibly for TR as well).

4) Cap the rating with who you can get queued with to prevent getting screwed by inexperienced players / bots / wintraders / mat farmers.

I just looked up the team rating for my last ranked loss. BW put me on this "team": And this is in prime time east coast around 8pm on Star Forge.

A backpeddling Merc rated 1073

A Mara that died to 140k damage rated 1095

A really badly geared Shadow rated 1069

I gave them a simple plan, "Sorc 1st, CC operative" Easy right, NO. Enemy team CC's me. My "team" is not on target and CC's nobody. It's a slaughter. Nobody on the enemy team is even close to dying.

You could replace me with any other player in the game and it still would be a loss. BioWare, I feel like I was set up.