Huttball ( Vandin ) PVP map - feedback...?

Storm-Cutter

I noticed neither fixing desync or increasing Bolster (5.10) were answered or discussed during the 5.10 live stream.

I’ve started 2 threads in the general section to ask Bioware if these are going to be addressed.

Your support in those threads would certainly help our case and get them to look at it instead of sweeping it under the mat.

Snave, if you could link any of your twitch recordings into that desync thread to show them the problem, it would certainly help,

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I finally got to play the new Huttball map since my in-game ban, and wow, that is just like the most terrible map ever. Please, just throw that map away. I am never playing that insane map again. It doesn't even feel like Huttball. And why the hell do we need 3 hutt ball maps anyways?

Honestly, I don't mind the the other two Huttball maps, I can have fun playing them, but this new one, absolutely terrible. The arrows are confusing as hell as they don't only point in the direction where you need to go to score, they are on both sides and it's really easy to get turned around and confused.

I'm also exploding in some weird ball of hell for no reason sometimes. Always a crowd pleaser that.

That dsync could be worse than on the other two maps should be suprising, but, at this point, I virtually expected it and they didn't disappoint. Nightmarish.

And the no CC break when you have the ball? You might as well just /stuck. You are a dead man. It's bad enough even with the CC break with the amount of slows, mezzes and stuns that get thrown around. Every time that maps comes up I instantly leave it, I am not playing that ridiculous map again.

There has never been before a WZ map that I cannot have fun with, and will not play, that is, til now. The no CC break on the ball carrier alone makes it terrible, let alone the overall map design, dynamics and center cluster F [a.k.a. death zone]. The entire concept of balls and goals in WZs is stupid to begin with, but at least you can have some fun with the other two. But this new one? Just throw that map away. I am not playing that crap.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Okay so I finally got to play the new Huttball map since my in-game ban, and wow, that is just like the most terrible map ever. Please, just throw that map away. I am never playing that insane map again. It doesn't even feel like Huttball. And why the hell do we need 3 hutt ball maps anyways?

I like the map, at least the .005% of the time that everyone is playing huttball. :D

Honestly, I don't mind the the other two Huttball maps, I can have fun playing them, but this new one, absolutely terrible. The arrows are confusing as hell as they don't only point in the direction where you need to go to score, they are on both sides and it's really easy to get turned around and confused.

Ha! The arrows were added after some PTS feedback that it was hard to tell which way to go. Then there was some more feedback that the way they did the arrows was confusing. But I think not as many people found them confusing (maybe just me and you :p), so they left them as is. Not that this changes anything about what you said, just some history for the sake of history.

I'm also exploding in some weird ball of hell for no reason sometimes. Always a crowd pleaser that.

This is most likely the 45s timer going off? They changed that way back with the "matchmaking patch". I think it's more noticeable in the new HB map, becuase the map is bigger and, especially if you are still trying to figure out which ramp to run to in order to go "the right way", it takes longer to solo-score. So it's more likely people run up against the 45 seconds.

Or, if that's not it, then you might have found a bug... either that or you are so well known that so many people target you on sight, that you just explode from the damage. :p

And the no CC break when you have the ball? You might as well just /stuck. You are a dead man. It's bad enough even with the CC break with the amount of slows, mezzes and stuns that get thrown around. Every time that maps comes up I instantly leave it, I am not playing that ridiculous map again.

Reportedly the no CC break when you have the ball is not exclusive to the new map. I haven't watched for it myself, because I haven't played much lately... but I believe the others that have said so. I really hope that was just a mistake that somehow crept in. Because if not, whoever made the decision to purposely disable the CC breaker when you have the huttball needs to be institutionalized. :mad:

There has never been before a WZ map that I cannot have fun with, and will not play, that is, til now. The no CC break on the ball carrier alone makes it terrible, let alone the overall map design, dynamics and center cluster F [a.k.a. death zone]. The entire concept of balls and goals in WZs is stupid to begin with, but at least you can have some fun with the other two. But this new one? Just throw that map away. I am not playing that crap.

And this is why they should let us pick which maps to queue for. I like playing HB maps (if in fact, the teams are actually playing HB). But I completely respect your right to hate them. :D I would opt out of OPG and Yavin. To each his own.

I like the map, at least the .005% of the time that everyone is playing huttball. :D

Ha! The arrows were added after some PTS feedback that it was hard to tell which way to go. Then there was some more feedback that the way they did the arrows was confusing. But I think not as many people found them confusing (maybe just me and you :p), so they left them as is. Not that this changes anything about what you said, just some history for the sake of history.

This is most likely the 45s timer going off? They changed that way back with the "matchmaking patch". I think it's more noticeable in the new HB map, becuase the map is bigger and, especially if you are still trying to figure out which ramp to run to in order to go "the right way", it takes longer to solo-score. So it's more likely people run up against the 45 seconds.

Or, if that's not it, then you might have found a bug... either that or you are so well known that so many people target you on sight, that you just explode from the damage. :p

Reportedly the no CC break when you have the ball is not exclusive to the new map. I haven't watched for it myself, because I haven't played much lately... but I believe the others that have said so. I really hope that was just a mistake that somehow crept in. Because if not, whoever made the decision to purposely disable the CC breaker when you have the huttball needs to be institutionalized. :mad:

And this is why they should let us pick which maps to queue for. I like playing HB maps (if in fact, the teams are actually playing HB). But I completely respect your right to hate them. :D I would opt out of OPG and Yavin. To each his own.

These are all possibilties as to why my experience with the map was less than steller, than again It's also possible it was because I just suck!

I really wanted to like the map because I knew it was gonna be on priority for the next month and poping every 3 seconds! I dunno, could also just be that I'm still unfamiliar with it, just something about it that just doesn't feel right. Honestly I know alot of peeps dislike the huttball maps but I rather enjoy them. God knows I'm not the best ball carrier, but I score every now and again. To score on Queshball I find abit easier but only because sometimes when you are the ball carrier you get a sorc pull right up to score area and that is a big help. You can get it in the other huttball map too but it seems to work better in Quesh ball, but that's just my experience.

A 3rd huttball map seems a but much especially considering all the dsync issues they have, and alot of peeps don't like them. It could also have something to do with that it's like a sporting event and doesn't translate well to War.

I guess really when it comes down to it, there's also just a question of taste. - I agree with ya that it would be better if you could pick and choose preference on the maps you'd prefer to play, but there is the issue of how that might effect pop times so that may be a consideration as well.

Just chipping in my 2c: far too gimicky for my taste. All those traps and obstacles, health packs in hazard zones etc. are just way too much. Adding in the tons of ledges making for great shooting ranges for snipers and mercs, plus frequent de-sync issues, disappearing players, irritating delay on shadow stride and pretty frequent fatal glitches while doing the stride - well, that all makes it the worst experience for a long time, and the only map I leave as soon as I see it.

Having finally returned for a few hours of play time and seen this map - its a desyncing race of who has the least lag in mid. Yet another crapfest huttball. Also, pops too much. My last 10 matches were: 5 new huttballs, 3 queshballs, an OPG, and a yavin. Thats 8/10 "random" matches i completely despise.

I swear they're trying to run me off...

Having finally returned for a few hours of play time and seen this map - its a desyncing race of who has the least lag in mid. Yet another crapfest huttball. Also, pops too much. My last 10 matches were: 5 new huttballs, 3 queshballs, an OPG, and a yavin. Thats 8/10 "random" matches i completely despise.

I swear they're trying to run me off...

New maps always have a higher pop rate in the first few weeks of it's release, we'll probably have 2 or 3 more weeks of that garbage fest popping every three seconds.

Ohh yeah, unquit the game. Wish we had 5 more like you. Real tanks are hard to find.

I like the concept of the map with different traps, etc.

however it seems to be a buggy mess. I play mostly melee classes. on my guardian, my leaps either don't work (ie the ability goes on CD, but I don't actually move to the target) or I glitch through the platforms and end up on the lower level or under the map. same with my PT.

on my PT I also cant use the pull effectively on at least half of the map. I have range and what appears to be clear line of sight to the target, but it wont activate giving me the "cant see the target" message.

the lag and desync seems to be at its worst for me on this map. the map needed more time in QC.

at least it isn't oddessan training grounds that is the only positive thing I can say about the new HB map

this is a joke

the last hutball map was universally hated, so what do you give us, another one??

HOW ABOUT SPENDING YOUR TIME MERGING ALL SERVERS SO WE HAVE PEOPLE TO *********** PLAY WITH????????????????????????????????????????????????????

THE FRUSTRATION IS REAL WITH HOW MISMANAGED THIS GAME HAS BEEN SINCE DAY 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS LIKE PREMEDITATED HOW YOU IMBECILES ARE KILLING THIS GAME OFF

HOW ABOUT SPENDING YOUR TIME MERGING ALL SERVERS SO WE HAVE PEOPLE TO *********** PLAY WITH????????????????????????????????????????????????????

How about not?

Star Forge doesn't need it, and it's not the only one that doesn't.

Mega-servers = game will be over in 6months due to self fulling prophecy and unrealistic poor morale to every non-brain dead person.

I have tons of people to play with, more than I can handle right along with everyone else on my server, and realistically, so do you.

Doom and gloomers who base their crap on NOT having any access to reliable data game wide do more damage to the game than the whole of the unmitigated disaster that is 5.x, the worst meta ever. But we'll be getting a restart soon with 6.0. New Metas can change the landscape of things considerably and undo broken things that were left broken thru a whole meta, like Ranged, Skank Tanks and Fury Marauders [in PVP] and stupid ideas like players being Emperors of factions no one gives a rat's *** about, introducing new raid bosses 1 at a time and stupid cross faction crap that has done nothing other than showing most pubs really not that good at PVP without their double premades filled with FOTM to prop them up and make the landscape NOT feel like Star Wars to some players.

This game needs more call-girls. Call-girls make everything better. Who doesn't like 'happy endings', right?

I'll take three. Thank you, drive thru. ;)

the last hutball map was universally hated, so what do you give us, another one??

This really.

Besides it isnt a fun map, which is subjective, huttball in general and especially quesh and vandin are unplayable due to dsync etc.

Insta leave most of the time.

Edited by quantez

idk i like this map overall, but there is way to many traps and/or platforms/ramps.

Also desync is especially noticeable because of these platforms/ramps that the game simply cannot process well enough (what a news, right? :rolleyes:). I do not know what the developers were thinking or they never thought about it at all.

I really experience very little desync. When I watch other players streams, I see very little desync. I usually only see it at the Queshball upper acid pits -- and it's usually a guardian leaping, or an operative rolling thru acid. You sure it isn't your ping to the server?

Regarding Vandinball, I like it but getting to the endzone seems needlessly complicated. I need to play the map several more times. After all, I hated Queshball for the first few months. Now I love it -- probably because I know all the sneaky passes, pulls and tricks.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I don't know if people are leaving this map because of the cc-breaker removal, or because of the million-and-one traps, or desync, but wow- there is a helluva lot of leavers.

Yeah, I actually like the map and think from an artistic standpoint it's really neat. I might be in the minority.

That being said; the CC breaker nerf and CC ability nerf of those carrying the ball (if true) are unnecessary and only discourage players from carrying the ball even more.

Who wants to be burdened with the ball then insta-killed? Bad design here.

Yeah, I actually like the map and think from an artistic standpoint it's really neat. I might be in the minority.

That being said; the CC breaker nerf and CC ability nerf of those carrying the ball (if true) are unnecessary and only discourage players from carrying the ball even more.

Who wants to be burdened with the ball then insta-killed? Bad design here.

I like the design too and even the instant kill carrying the ball if you don’t pass quick enough.

But, the stun and cc breaker nerf is just dumb and game breaking. It should be removed. I can’t understand Bioware’s complete silence on this. It was never tested on the pts and wasn’t even in the patch notes, they won’t even acknowledge if it is a bug or intended. Which make you wonder if they are even reading the feed back.

I would like to see the instant kill time extended another 10-15 seconds and a timer somewhere you can see it.

What saddens me the most is the map is basically unplayable at lvl 70 because of all the desync. The only bracket that doesn’t seem to have desync or very little is the lowbie bracket. I dont know why that is, but if I had to guess I would say all the extra abilities at lvl 70 are the main cause of desync.

BIOWARE, FIX THE DESYNC

Lastly, it was a complete waste of time making another pvp map, especially a Hutt Ball map, if they weren’t going to fix the desync. What’s the points in spending all that time and money to work on something that is nearly unplayable?

BIOWARE, FIX THE DESYNC

Its typical of these developers tbh.

Find out what gamers hate the most then give them more of it because it either easy for them or they lack imagination.

What they lack most is any idea of how to actually connect with their player base.

Its typical of these developers tbh.

Find out what gamers hate the most then give them more of it because it either easy for them or they lack imagination.

What they lack most is any idea of how to actually connect with their player base.

Really? Have you polled all gamers to find out what they hate the most or something? Or maybe you're just making assumptions based on your own preferences. Plenty of people like huttball, plenty of people don't like huttball. I don't think anyone knows the exact numbers.

I like the new map a lot and I don't understand when people say it has worse desync than other maps. It's exactly the same for me as original huttball. Queshball is still the worst one. I mean I wish they'd fix it too but it's not even close to being unplayable. Maybe it affects people differently though I don't know.

The CC breaker change is dumb. Still not sure if that's a bug or not but if it's intentional not only is it a bad idea, it's really frustrating that they didn't put it on PTS and didn't even mention it in the patch notes.

I don't know if people are leaving this map because of the cc-breaker removal, or because of the million-and-one traps, or desync, but wow- there is a helluva lot of leavers.

Hatred. Total and utter hatred for that map.

I'd rather play with Ken and Barbie dolls.

And I'm a straight dude.

Theres alot of leavers are the start of maps now, I think people are doing it intentionally with friends to get the enemy team to lose role matching and get stuck with just more DPS, or some new fan-dangle reg form of quece dodge crap, It seems to be more than there use to be and noticably [well from my point of view at any rate, maybe other servers or something are different, certainly possible or I'm just dumb, whichs is a distinct possibility and probable.

I one time took one of those industrial staple guns that you can use on auto to shoot flying bugs down if you wanted and I wanted to get an idea of just how powerful the charge is, so, for some reason that made absolutely no sense whatsoever, I figured a good way to test it was to see if I shot on a downward angle, directly into my pointer finger which was flat on a desk, if it would be able to come out the other side thru the nail bed.

It did.

Kids - Don't try this at home. You'll bleed a lot and your parents will get pissed because it's really really hard to get blood out of fiber carpeting.

American Industrial workmanship, you just can't beat it.

Anyways, yeah, hate that map. :mad:

Not really sure about all the features on this map but sometimes it feels like ball carriers just randomly explode (I think it might be when they try to use grapple or something like that?).

Huttballs can explode if a ball carrier holds onto it for too long without passing. It's just more noticeable in Vandin because the timer seems shorter. The short timer in Vandin sucks because it makes it pretty much impossible to carry the ball from mid to the end zone entirely by yourself, unlike say classic Huttball. Which means if you get stuck with a deathmatch team that doesn't get in position for passes when you get the ball, you're screwed.

In Classic Huttball one good runner can literally carry a clueless team. Not Vandin.