First hack since the last anti hack changes.

Totemdancer

There is someone hacking in regs on SF. They are doing everything that those last changes were supposed to prevent or kill you if you do it.

Fighting in enemy respawn before match even begins

Sliding into walls so you can’t hit or target

Teleporting

Flying

All that stuff is supposed to kill you if you do it.

And before anyone asks, yes I’ve got proof in the form of a recording and screen shot.

There is someone hacking in regs on SF. They are doing everything that those last changes were supposed to prevent or kill you if you do it.

Fighting in enemy respawn before match even begins

Sliding into walls so you can’t hit or target

Teleporting

Flying

All that stuff is supposed to kill you if you do it.

And before anyone asks, yes I’ve got proof in the form of a recording and screen shot.

Just an early Christmas present.

It's either that or they are play testing some OP buffs for ranged for 6.0.

The reality is there is always going to be cheating, and people are inventive, even if they make some safegaurds, people will find new ways to cheat.

Banning cheaters means you are banning paying customers. Doesn't make it right, but the almighty dollar will always prevail. They ban cheaters, they lose money. They may correct the bahavoirs and put safeguards up from time to time, but they won't get rid of all the cheaters. It's the same reason they don't really put safeguards up to stop creditsellers. Creditsellers need subscriber accounts to ply thier trades and they need a ton of them. They don't even bother to hide that they are selling credits which is against TOS because they know that there is too much money to be lost by the game makers in banning them.

Cheaters, exploiters, creditsellers, they don't a thing to them, but apparently I am a worser evil., because me they'll ban in game over far less serious TOS violations. They even told me I'm potentially facing a perma ban in the future. All those cheaters in ranked that cheated/exploited their ways to TOP 3s, they're still here and people point them out by name.

I appreciate your zeal and you are definitely fighting the good fight and I <3 you for it =], but you're fighting a battle you can't win, because they don't want you to be successful, they don't want them gone, that would cost them money. Look at that cheater who uses a similar name as the Rapper JZ, he gives them the best evidence you can hope for himself all the time, and yet, he's still here.

But, all the same, Give em Hell ;)

Shmoochies XOXO

But none of those things are supposed to be possible anymore without killing you.

If you go out of bounds or into a wall you are supposed to die instantly.

I know if I leap and lag into the ground, I now die instead of getting stuck.

You are also supposed to die if you leave the starting area before a match starts.

But none of those things are supposed to be possible anymore without killing you.

If you go out of bounds or into a wall you are supposed to die instantly.

I know if I leap and lag into the ground, I now die instead of getting stuck.

You are also supposed to die if you leave the starting area before a match starts.

That's kinda what I mean about how even when you put a new safeguard in place, people are inventive and find new ways of getting around such safeguards. What you are seeing may be a new way someone came up with to get away with it since they implemented the insta-death safeguard. Given enough time, people will find new ways of cheating.

You need to perma-ban the accounts of people caught cheating, not limit it to just safeguards that people may find new ways around. I mean how many computers can a person have that they can get around a ban based on IP address. I may not understand it correctly, but I don't think it's just an issue of making a new account and than being good to go again, I'm sure you would know about that better than me of course.

That's kinda what I mean about how even when you put a new safeguard in place, people are inventive and find new ways of getting around such safeguards. What you are seeing may be a new way someone came up with to get away with it since they implemented the insta-death safeguard. Given enough time, people will find new ways of cheating.

You need to perma-ban the accounts of people caught cheating, not limit it to just safeguards that people may find new ways around. I mean how many computers can a person have that they can get around a ban based on IP address. I may not understand it correctly, but I don't think it's just an issue of making a new account and than being good to go again, I'm sure you would know about that better than me of course.

That’s always been the problem. Bioware are fighting a losing battle because they don’t just ban hammer the account out of existence the first time they get caught.

Bioware are all about trying to “change player behaviour” with slaps on the wrist and it doesn’t work. Every other game I know just locks the account permanently and that’s it.

Of course cheats can just create another account, but they still need to pay for a sub again, so that’s $15 down the drain if they cheat again. I would assume they would get the message not to cheat after they’ve wasted a few $100.

If not, Bioware can keep getting money off them and banning them each time. It’s a win-win for us and Bioware, when you consider the creators of the cheats are maybe one or two people. So it would make zero dent in Bioware’s revenue to ban them permanently. Especially when Bioware are more than happy to lose multiple subs from moving servers or making bad choices in development when people tell them and they don’t change course. Which leads to mass unsubbing.

The old argument people have made is Bioware don’t want to lose subs from banning people when they cheat. That would mean they actually care about losing subs in the game. It would also mean that there are more than a small amount of people getting caught cheating. Which is the opposite perception on this forum. Apparently, according to most threads and posts you see on hacking, there is either no cheating or it’s so rare that nobody sees it.

So why would Bioware care about locking down the cheating and banning those tiny amount of people that get caught? It makes zero sense to not ban the hackers if there are so few.

If they also banned the IPs, email addresses and credit cards, that would add another hurdle to resubbing. Even though they can use a VPN to get around the IP ban, even the VPN IPs will eventually be banned too and they would need another VPN.

After awhile, the effort to maintain this sort of behaviour just to hack troll would become too much effort for the casual hacker.

What Bioware really don’t get is they are never going to “change” the player behaviour of those sorts of people. The only recourse is to have some policy that makes it clear from the start that cheaters won’t be tolerated and the harshest pentality will be applied with no warnings if they cheat.

The other problem is once these original cheaters find a way to break the system, they spread that information to anyone who wants to “pay” for it. So Bioware are financially supporting these cheaters and they can keep making accounts because it really doesn’t cost them anything. They probably still come out ontop.

Once the way to cheat starts to be used more and more, the casual cheaters will start because they know nothing will happen to them if they are caught. All that does is encourage more people to cheat and so on.

Until Bioware changed their perspective, this will continue to happen. At this stage, only the toughest penalties will deter the casual cheaters and make it harder for the hack trolls to continue,

From my perspective, I do believe there is some cheating going on, but I don't think it's really wide spread. People call hacks way to fast and I think for the most part people tend to see this is just an excuse of poorer performance and being butt-hurt.

At the same just because we may not actually "see" a cheat, doesn't mean it's not going on I personal consider win-trading, account buying, and multi-boxing cheating. Quece dodging, I can't say I think that's cheating, it's not honorable and it's underhanded but not a killable offense.

I think maybe I saw things that made me think they were hacks 3 or 4 times [not counting bots, we've all seen that] total in 6 and half years.

Like was said, you're not gonna change people with these sorts of measures. It's like serial-killers/serial 5 rapists, you are never going to change them, they'll always be that way. The only sure fire way to see that they never do it again is by executing them.

Cheating in a video game may be a far cry from serial criminals, but I still think we should be able to have the death-penalty applied on cheaters as a deterrent as well. That WILL stop them from cheating ever again :cool:

But yeah, definitely turn over evidence you collect when you see cheats to the devs, there's nothing lost by trying. Might not be able to stop people from cheating, but that don't mean ya can't at least send em home with a black eye for their trouble. Sides', it's fun to punch people sometimes. :D

That’s always been the problem. Bioware are fighting a losing battle because they don’t just ban hammer the account out of existence the first time they get caught.

Bioware are all about trying to “change player behaviour” with slaps on the wrist and it doesn’t work. Every other game I know just locks the account permanently and that’s it.

Of course cheats can just create another account, but they still need to pay for a sub again, so that’s $15 down the drain if they cheat again. I would assume they would get the message not to cheat after they’ve wasted a few $100.

If not, Bioware can keep getting money off them and banning them each time. It’s a win-win for us and Bioware, when you consider the creators of the cheats are maybe one or two people. So it would make zero dent in Bioware’s revenue to ban them permanently. Especially when Bioware are more than happy to lose multiple subs from moving servers or making bad choices in development when people tell them and they don’t change course. Which leads to mass unsubbing.

The old argument people have made is Bioware don’t want to lose subs from banning people when they cheat. That would mean they actually care about losing subs in the game. It would also mean that there are more than a small amount of people getting caught cheating. Which is the opposite perception on this forum. Apparently, according to most threads and posts you see on hacking, there is either no cheating or it’s so rare that nobody sees it.

So why would Bioware care about locking down the cheating and banning those tiny amount of people that get caught? It makes zero sense to not ban the hackers if there are so few.

If they also banned the IPs, email addresses and credit cards, that would add another hurdle to resubbing. Even though they can use a VPN to get around the IP ban, even the VPN IPs will eventually be banned too and they would need another VPN.

After awhile, the effort to maintain this sort of behaviour just to hack troll would become too much effort for the casual hacker.

What Bioware really don’t get is they are never going to “change” the player behaviour of those sorts of people. The only recourse is to have some policy that makes it clear from the start that cheaters won’t be tolerated and the harshest pentality will be applied with no warnings if they cheat.

The other problem is once these original cheaters find a way to break the system, they spread that information to anyone who wants to “pay” for it. So Bioware are financially supporting these cheaters and they can keep making accounts because it really doesn’t cost them anything. They probably still come out ontop.

Once the way to cheat starts to be used more and more, the casual cheaters will start because they know nothing will happen to them if they are caught. All that does is encourage more people to cheat and so on.

Until Bioware changed their perspective, this will continue to happen. At this stage, only the toughest penalties will deter the casual cheaters and make it harder for the hack trolls to continue,

Bioware can’t ban anyone coz if they start banning there would be no one left to play the game. We have low population as is.

If you didn't already, send these proofs you had in every possible private channel to Eric and the devs (they seem to respond to emails, surprisingly enough). This is the best we players can do against it.

How can I send proof. I’ve no way to upload video or images to them.

From my perspective, I do believe there is some cheating going on, but I don't think it's really wide spread. People call hacks way to fast and I think for the most part people tend to see this is just an excuse of poorer performance and being butt-hurt.

See that’s the point. There probably aren’t that many, at least at the start. But if there is no disincentive not to cheat, people learn from others or get sick of losing to cheats and start cheating too.

If they had a robust policy towards banning cheats caught, like every other game does that I’ve ever played, then the cheat stays fairly contained to the small few hack trolls who are developing the cheats. Any causal or normal players isn’t likely to try it because they don’t want to take the risk of getting banned. Then eventually the hack developers and trolls give up too because it’s a waste of time.

I think people would have more confidence that hacking wasn’t going on if Bioware had a policy of ban hammering cheats out if the game with no warnings. There would be less fake calls of hacking or cheating because of it.

Bioware can’t ban anyone coz if they start banning there would be no one left to play the game. We have low population as is.

See, that argument just doesn’t hold any water when you consider these points.

1. Some People always say there is no cheating

2. Most people say they’ve never seen a hacker

3. Most of the remaining people say they’ve only ever seen a few.

Now, if you were to go on that alone, according to the players who post here on the forums, there aren’t many hackers around. If Bioware were to ban the small amount of hackers it would be negligible.

But for your argument to stand up, there would need to be a lot of hackers in the game. Only if there were 20-30% of hackers would banning them have a negative affect on players or Bioware’s revenue stream.

Personally I don’t think there aren’t many hackers in the game. There were probably less than 1% before the changes to make people die if they hacked. Now I think there is probably only 0000.1% or 1-2 active hackers like the guy I saw. Banning them would have no affect on our player numbers and even banning the 1% before wouldn’t have affected our player numbers.

So there is either a tiny number hackers in the game and banning them won’t hurt us or there are a multitude of hackers in the game that we don’t know about or can detect and Bioware don’t want to ban them because it would ruin their income and player numbers.

I’m going with the first one because I think if there were that many hackers still in the game, we would all be seeing them with this low population.

So there really isn’t a logical reason for Bioware to not ban hammer these guys out if existence. Zero tolerance is the only measure left that these people will understand or respect. And it needs to happen now before they perfect this new work around and they start selling the hacks to every one willing to pay to try them.

Just an early Christmas present.

It's either that or they are play testing some OP buffs for ranged for 6.0.

The reality is there is always going to be cheating, and people are inventive, even if they make some safegaurds, people will find new ways to cheat.

Banning cheaters means you are banning paying customers. Doesn't make it right, but the almighty dollar will always prevail. They ban cheaters, they lose money. They may correct the bahavoirs and put safeguards up from time to time, but they won't get rid of all the cheaters. It's the same reason they don't really put safeguards up to stop creditsellers. Creditsellers need subscriber accounts to ply thier trades and they need a ton of them. They don't even bother to hide that they are selling credits which is against TOS because they know that there is too much money to be lost by the game makers in banning them.

Cheaters, exploiters, creditsellers, they don't a thing to them, but apparently I am a worser evil., because me they'll ban in game over far less serious TOS violations. They even told me I'm potentially facing a perma ban in the future. All those cheaters in ranked that cheated/exploited their ways to TOP 3s, they're still here and people point them out by name.

I appreciate your zeal and you are definitely fighting the good fight and I <3 you for it =], but you're fighting a battle you can't win, because they don't want you to be successful, they don't want them gone, that would cost them money. Look at that cheater who uses a similar name as the Rapper JZ, he gives them the best evidence you can hope for himself all the time, and yet, he's still here.

But, all the same, Give em Hell ;)

Shmoochies XOXO

Well I disagree with you a bit while it is true they are paying customers they are handful. My thought is, if it is true it's utter stupidity on Bioware's part because all you end up doing is driving away the players that follow the rules and don't cheat. I know many who got fed up and bailed and went to Rift and a few that tried there hand at Guild wars all because they got tired of the lack of action by the dev team.

So the monetary value you keep with the cheater you lose with those that bail is just bad business thus the reason I don't think its the reason little action is taken. The prime reason is more than likely the hemorrhaging player base as a key factor, a lack of resources and finally the most likely reason is the game engine that is the hero engine its old antiquated and probably why to costly to actually fix and with a declining population there's really no reason too.

They'll milk it for as long as they can until the game is no longer earning enough money. When that happens they will become another Star Wars MMO to fade into obscurity and join star wars galaxy's in MMO oblivion. Though one could argue that SWTOR isn't really a MMO any more, more akin to an mmoRPG with an emphasis no longer being on MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLEPLAYING GAME. By adding content for solo players one could argue they have abandoned even trying to be a MMO any more.

There is a new wall hack video in https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/, also i saw one sniper in the Civil War, he was inside walls at side node cannon.

Yep that’s the guy I saw.

I tried to upload my video to reddit to show, but it wouldn’t work,

Someone else has uploaded another vid on reddit, (I can’t link cause you can see the names).

Edited by Totemdancer