41-69 is horrible

Ashanor

*SNIP*

There seems to be no real and thought out logic behind most of the things they do. If there was, things would be done differently.

Yeah I can't argue with a lot of what you wrote here I share the same sentiment regarding the changes you mentioned.

I try to keep positive and remind myself of the good things the game still has but it's impossible not to think "what if?" They could have done so much more so much better than they did with this game. Truly a massive loss of opportunity.

I just watched a half hour video by Nerdslayer about Everquest, and how they ruined that game as well as ruined it's sequel EQ2. It's pretty interesting, the guy narrating it brings up Smedley and how SOE operated, reminds me of how people describe EA.

Sadly WOW just might be the last great MMO, and the funny thing is I can't even get into that game. I respect WOW for what it has done it just never really did it for me, and I tried to play it 4-5 different times since it began.

Really for the last 10 years nothing has made any significant mark imo, not like Everquest did, not like WOW then did after EQ1. Everything has been mishandled either by incompetence or greed by the gaming companies it seems.

Yeah I can't argue with a lot of what you wrote here I share the same sentiment regarding the changes you mentioned.

I try to keep positive and remind myself of the good things the game still has but it's impossible not to think "what if?" They could have done so much more so much better than they did with this game. Truly a massive loss of opportunity.

I just watched a half hour video by Nerdslayer about Everquest, and how they ruined that game as well as ruined it's sequel EQ2. It's pretty interesting, the guy narrating it brings up Smedley and how SOE operated, reminds me of how people describe EA.

Sadly WOW just might be the last great MMO, and the funny thing is I can't even get into that game. I respect WOW for what it has done it just never really did it for me, and I tried to play it 4-5 different times since it began.

Really for the last 10 years nothing has made any significant mark imo, not like Everquest did, not like WOW then did after EQ1. Everything has been mishandled either by incompetence or greed by the gaming companies it seems.

This game didn't have a great launch, and it seemed to nearly die a few months in. I was guildmaster of one of the largest PvP guilds on Prophecy of the Five at release and saw a once very active guild go from 50+ logged in at prime time to 1 or 2 just in the first few months of the games release. People just disappeared, especially PvP players.

The thing is, Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy XIV also had bad launches, and because of the way they managed things and kept investing in the game properly to make them successful.. they have become some of the most successful MMOs on the market besides WoW. It feels like TOR was severely mismanaged in comparison.

Oh, and thanks for the offer to help Lhancelot. I am fine though. Got a few characters in their 60s and plenty of credits. Going back and forth between TOR and Battle for Azeroth at the moment.

OK np. I can craft nearly anything you ever need heck I can even ceraft armor pieces say if you want 246 rated armor pieces or ear, implants, relics etc. Most things I can make now just need mats.

I also agree with a lot of what tote wrote. Also...

I don't like WoW PvP as much. Probably just a matter of taste, or the fact that I'm not that used to it. But one thing I will say for WoW, having just started with the Azeroth expansion... they have CONTENT! I mean, OMG, I'm actually kinda overwhelmed with how many little yellow exclamation points there are. I was commenting/complaining to some buds that I had gotten so far down into secondary, third-ary, fourth-ary and so on quest lines, where each time I was just following along with what seemed like the main quest... and then I realized "I have no idea how this relates to the main quest anymore." :p

Well, MMOs are not new anymore. I think that's part of it. Maybe the hey-day (hayday?) is over. Much like, remember all the cool space flight sims there used to be? x-wing, wing commander etc. Now where are they? I think there were so many at that time because the FPS-look-out-the-cockpit-flight-sim thing was kinda still new then. Now, the idea of being on-line and playing at the same time as thousands of other players (an MMO! Or in the case of this game, an MSO (massively solo player game :D )) - meh, been there done that?

OK np. I can craft nearly anything you ever need heck I can even ceraft armor pieces say if you want 246 rated armor pieces or ear, implants, relics etc. Most things I can make now just need mats.

Alright. Will keep that in mind.

I agree about MMOs over the last decade. The market has stagnated. I have my hopes set on a few, but they are still a ways off. Been keeping an eye on Ashes of Creation, Crowfall, and Camelot Unchained. Sadly, no decent looking science fiction MMOs are on the horizon.

I agree about MMOs over the last decade. The market has stagnated. I have my hopes set on a few, but they are still a ways off. Been keeping an eye on Ashes of Creation, Crowfall, and Camelot Unchained. Sadly, no decent looking science fiction MMOs are on the horizon.

I am only interested in Pantheon, and Camelot Unchained atm, those the only games I seen that peaked my interest.

Let me know if you get to 70 I can play heals or even a dps. Send me a PM here chances are I might not be logged in. I been kind of not in the mood to play lately heh. If someone I know is on and PVPing I will play though.

Have you seen this game

https://www.elitedangerous.com/en/

It looks awesome and I want to try it out. But I know if I do I will probably never come back to swtor. The same as I never went back to WoW after I started swtor. I can’t imagine not playing swtor again. I think I’ve got seperatation anxiety.

Edited by Totemdancer

Have you seen this game

It looks awesome and I want to try it out. But I know if I do I will probably never come back to swtor. The same as I never went back to WoW after I started swtor. I can’t imagine not playing swtor again. I think I’ve got seperatation anxiety.

lol. I don't have that problem, in fact if I find something new I go full into it and don't look back until I grow bored of the new game. Once bored or if I find I don't like a new game I will go back.

Have you seen this game

OMG, I LOVED Elite Dangerous. And I didn't even use the VR setup, which looks friggin' awesome!

Unfortunately, I never got beyond the starter areas, because my internet connection configuration (tethering through my 4G phone) does not agree with the way their servers worked, and I would keep getting booted from the game every so often. As in, I could play for maybe half an hour, booted. Then twenty minutes, booted. Then five, booted. Then an hour, booted. And so forth.

Their tech supported worked with me a LOT on it (obviously we both really wanted it to work). But eventually they identified the problem (some specific latency in some specific type of communication going on - I forget the exact details now) and we realized it was irreparable. :(

Anyway, for whatever it's worth, I really liked that game for about a week. Whenever my connection setup changes (like when I got a new phone a couple months ago), I contact their tech support again to see if "jiggling the handle" has managed to fix it. So far no luck though. :(

I am only interested in Pantheon, and Camelot Unchained atm, those the only games I seen that peaked my interest.

Let me know if you get to 70 I can play heals or even a dps. Send me a PM here chances are I might not be logged in. I been kind of not in the mood to play lately heh. If someone I know is on and PVPing I will play though.

Yeah, I've been watching Camelot Unchained. I'm waiting for them to accept something other than paypal. :D

I didn't know it was out yet. I thought they still humping a gofundme page and taking donations prior to release.

Yeah, AFAIK that is where they are at. But they won't even take donations except for paypal. I was disgusted enough with this game for a while that I was going to donate to get beta/testing access. But then I don't have a Paypal account, so I came back here.

Yeah, AFAIK that is where they are at. But they won't even take donations except for paypal. I was disgusted enough with this game for a while that I was going to donate to get beta/testing access. But then I don't have a Paypal account, so I came back here.

lol fate. Was it the huttball changes that got you recently?

lol fate. Was it the huttball changes that got you recently?

Meaning got me back, or got me pissed off to begin with? :p

Actually, nothing bioware has ever done has really pissed me off, with the exception of the command-crate gearing. I quit for a while (not as long as you :D ) after that. I normally get peeved at the selfish way so many people play PvP which is supposed to be "group" content. But so many people play it as solo content.

So when I stop playing (as I've pretty much done now :( ) - it normally just because I can't handle the "me me me" attitudes in warzones. Rather than rant in chat how everyone is doing it wrong, though, I just stop playing the game. Seems healthier. :D

The longest time I've ever quit is for about 3 months, and what got me back then was the "PvP a day" thread that Domi was still keeping going at the time. I was reading all these stories about the fun people were having in PvP and it hooked me back in! Now when I look at the forums, it's about 99.999999999% people complaining. (Like this post! ) There's not a lot of incentive in these threads.

Now when I look at the forums, it's about 99.999999999% people complaining. (Like this post! ) There's not a lot of incentive in these threads.

I think often times when someone tries to create a thread in hopes to better the game, instead of adding ideas people tend to dogpile on that person and point out how dumb their idea is instead of trying to enhance their idea.

This discourages many people from posting their own thoughts and ideas due to being beat down by malcontent forumquesters.

It's hard to present productive optimism here during these times, many people just steer clear of even trying anymore. This leaves the door open for negativity, which is really the last thing the forums needs.

Honestly I think better interaction with people on the forums from the game would go a long way, but hey that's always been one of my complaints here. With little to no feedback from the game's people, there's little encouragement to write anything inspirational on the forums.

People are so jaded and resentful, so by the time we do get some form of communication in yellow, the reaction is a mix of over-jubilation and rude snarky attacks on the person who wrote in yellow which only makes them feel less inclined to write on the forums.

That's my take on why there is little going on here on these forums. With little to no stimulation in game nor in the forums by the game we are left with two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl, year after year.

Sorry, I had to get that Pink Floyd lyric out of my head. ^

I think often times when someone tries to create a thread in hopes to better the game, instead of adding ideas people tend to dogpile on that person and point out how dumb their idea is instead of trying to enhance their idea.

This discourages many people from posting their own thoughts and ideas due to being beat down by malcontent forumquesters.

It's hard to present productive optimism here during these times, many people just steer clear of even trying anymore. This leaves the door open for negativity, which is really the last thing the forums needs.

Honestly I think better interaction with people on the forums from the game would go a long way, but hey that's always been one of my complaints here. With little to no feedback from the game's people, there's little encouragement to write anything inspirational on the forums.

People are so jaded and resentful, so by the time we do get some form of communication in yellow, the reaction is a mix of over-jubilation and rude snarky attacks on the person who wrote in yellow which only makes them feel less inclined to write on the forums.

That's my take on why there is little going on here on these forums. With little to no stimulation in game nor in the forums by the game we are left with two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl, year after year.

Sorry, I had to get that Pink Floyd lyric out of my head. ^

Here, here. I totally agree.

OMG, I LOVED Elite Dangerous. And I didn't even use the VR setup, which looks friggin' awesome!

Unfortunately, I never got beyond the starter areas, because my internet connection configuration (tethering through my 4G phone) does not agree with the way their servers worked, and I would keep getting booted from the game every so often. As in, I could play for maybe half an hour, booted. Then twenty minutes, booted. Then five, booted. Then an hour, booted. And so forth.

Their tech supported worked with me a LOT on it (obviously we both really wanted it to work). But eventually they identified the problem (some specific latency in some specific type of communication going on - I forget the exact details now) and we realized it was irreparable. :(

Anyway, for whatever it's worth, I really liked that game for about a week. Whenever my connection setup changes (like when I got a new phone a couple months ago), I contact their tech support again to see if "jiggling the handle" has managed to fix it. So far no luck though. :(

They released it or gave it a make over this year that makes it even better. I’m so tempted to try it out properly, but my swtor addiction is strong. I’m trying to ween myself off it by playing less :p