The New RISHI STRONGHOLD - Comments and Suggestions

Holocron

My suggestion would be to NOT make a Rishi native village part of the stronghold, but instead have clusters of centerpiece hooks where you can place them.

I have no interest in a village whatsoever. I was really hoping for a stronghold outside of town or on the edge of it, with the raised walkways and such. A primitive setting holds no appeal for me. I'd rather have a smuggler's haven than a bird people village.

If the stronghold is twice the size of Yavin 4, there would certainly be room for both.

Edited by Xina_LA

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no interest in a village whatsoever. I was really hoping for a stronghold outside of town or on the edge of it, with the raised walkways and such. A primitive setting holds no appeal for me. I'd rather have a smuggler's haven than a bird people village.

If the stronghold is twice the size of Yavin 4, there would certainly be room for both.

I just want a nice beach house! The huts would look fine on the beach if they add in the beach furniture they already have in game. Some of the bathing suit wearing NPCs as personnel would be pretty nice too! I'd really like the golfing guy and the fire dancing entertainer from the cantina. ;)

I disagree. A private island would be perfect.

When exactly are we supposed to be getting the new Rishi SH, btw? I have a new character that needs a home.

Stated in July but I still have toons that have to share. With only 7 stronghold now and adding Rishi will be 8 that still makes some of my toons have to share since I have more than 8 toons lol

• 2 weeks later...

Passionately Casual did a podcast regarding the upcoming roadmap and it included some info on the Rishi SH as well. One thing is it'll be bigger than the Yavin one.

You can listen to it here; https://www.twitch.tv/passionatelycasual - look for most recent at the top right, or Episode 46 Roadmap under videos. You can skip the first 10'ish mins, they had some issues starting up. Around 34 mins the actual interview starts and kicks off with talk of the Rishi SH.

I don't mind adding the pvp element to the stronghold, but I'm concerned that it may end up being so focused on that element that it won't be as functional for those who aren't interesting in pvping in their stronghold. With the way the latest hook layouts have been set up they're already far less functional than the older strongholds. Rishi has been wanted for so long, I just really hope it holds something for everyone.

I don't mind adding the pvp element to the stronghold, but I'm concerned that it may end up being so focused on that element that it won't be as functional for those who aren't interesting in pvping in their stronghold. With the way the latest hook layouts have been set up they're already far less functional than the older strongholds. Rishi has been wanted for so long, I just really hope it holds something for everyone.

Me too, I don't give two craps about pvp in any fashion, let alone in my house.

Big one again hey, I hope we get a smaller then apartments one and a big / medium one together at some point.. Some smaller sized ones would be nice for variety.

Some (or a) new smaller stronghold would be good. They seem to keep getting bigger & I find I spend very little time in my bigger ones. Yavin, Tatooine, Manaan and the Umbara Train are more like villages than strongholds or character homes. Tatooine is one I wish I hadn't bought because it's so spread out and the hook placements are awful except on the balcony.

Me too, I don't give two craps about pvp in any fashion, let alone in my house.

This cracked me up! I can just imagine you having 100 gamoran bouncers stored and ready! Seriously though I think the design of the Rishi stronghold will help those who want to organise their own PvP matches and is not going to affect those who don't want to PvP. I just read in another post that there will be a beach area! Storing all those umbrellas was worth it! All we need now is a Rishi Beach Pack :D (must contain beach ball)!

Can we please have a pvp Bolster terminal in the SH so people of all lvls and gear can pvp against each other.

This is a great idea for those who want to use their stronghold for PvP. I imagine they stand to make a lot of dollars from having something like this for sale on the CM.

Passionately Casual did a podcast regarding the upcoming roadmap and it included some info on the Rishi SH as well. One thing is it'll be bigger than the Yavin one.

You can listen to it here; https://www.twitch.tv/passionatelycasual - look for most recent at the top right, or Episode 46 Roadmap under videos. You can skip the first 10'ish mins, they had some issues starting up. Around 34 mins the actual interview starts and kicks off with talk of the Rishi SH.

Thanks. I am more interested in the layout of the stronghold and the price (both personal and guild).

Can we please have a pvp Bolster terminal in the SH so people of all lvls and gear can pvp against each other.

This!! Fabulous idea so all levels can get involved. Please adopt this suggestion.

Ugh.

http://dulfy.net/2014/07/25/swtor-galactic-strongholds-tours-and-unlock-pricings/

I never bought the Tat SH so I didn't realize the full cc unlock for Tat's stronghold, including purchase price, was 10,101cc. If Rishi is supposedly even larger, the total cc unlock cost will be astronomical.

Ouch.

According to TOR, Yavin 4 totals 13,000,000 credits or 11,000CC and on the stream they said it'll be bigger than Yavin both in size and deco hooks so, yeah, expect high costs.

If the stronghold is actually worth it, I won't mind paying. With Yavin and Tatooine the prices were high but I feel like there's so much to the strongholds that I got value for my credits. Yavin has so much room to run around and so many things to explore, and Tatooine has really nice rooms and layouts IMHO With Manaan on the other hand I feel like I wasted my money. So here's hoping that Rishi will be more like Yavin and less like Manaan.

I've already been socking away as many credits as I can, so hopefully I will be able to unlock it all at once. :)

I don't know if anyone mentioned this in the thread already but if there is a beach it would be nice if there was some interactive aspect. Like being able to buy a legacy ability for our characters to swim.

I'd like to point out that in that Dulfy link the item count numbers are wrong. That was the amount before the devs increased the deco item limit for each stronghold. Also, stronghold hook counts are completely separate from the total decoration item limit. There are more stronghold hooks than available decoration item limits.

If the stronghold is actually worth it, I won't mind paying. With Yavin and Tatooine the prices were high but I feel like there's so much to the strongholds that I got value for my credits. Yavin has so much room to run around and so many things to explore, and Tatooine has really nice rooms and layouts IMHO With Manaan on the other hand I feel like I wasted my money. So here's hoping that Rishi will be more like Yavin and less like Manaan.

I've already been socking away as many credits as I can, so hopefully I will be able to unlock it all at once. :)

I don't know if anyone mentioned this in the thread already but if there is a beach it would be nice if there was some interactive aspect. Like being able to buy a legacy ability for our characters to swim.

You have to kill the crabs that are eating your beach umbrellas.

You have to kill the crabs that are eating your beach umbrellas.

"What did you do this weekend? Did you go para-sailing over that Cancun beach you had been talking about? "

Nah man, I stayed shut in doors playing crab smash all week in a mmo ever since they released the new housing. Those little buggers ain't getting mah beach umbrellas!!!! ......

Edited by Darkside

I'm not big into PVP, which is why I'm hoping they design the PVP elements so that they're very flexible.

If they're done right, maybe people can use that space for Speeder races, scavenger hunts, and other interesting social events.

As for the cost, I wish it didn't cost more to unlock for guilds. It seems like a PVP SH is most useful for guilds.

Edited by Xina_LA

According to TOR, Yavin 4 totals 13,000,000 credits or 11,000CC and on the stream they said it'll be bigger than Yavin both in size and deco hooks so, yeah, expect high costs.

I really wish they could lower the CC cost to unlock it, 11,000CC is much more than 13m credits.

• 2 weeks later...
I really wish they could lower the CC cost to unlock it, 11,000CC is much more than 13m credits.

Yeah there is a big discrepancy between the two, and let's just hope they don't decide to up the credit cost by millions to make it more balanced, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
So I thought I'd revive this one instead of a new thread. After watching the live stream it looks nice. Seems like it's 2 in 1. Very big. I'm personally not a fan of "very big" as I tend to lose some creativity after you do so many cantinas... etc.:D What did you guys think?