Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Are people really that stupid? Do they really not see the difference between what a writer intended for his/her character and their (the player's or arguers) interpretation (or in Quinn's case misinterpretation) of what they think about an NPCs actions? It's like saying JK Rowling's portrayal of Harry Potter as a wizard was wrong :rolleyes:

As is often said, arguing with idiots or the ignorant is a complete waste of time. Use the Quinn solution - facepalm and leave. Never fear - he will always make things better...

You're right, he never fails to make things all right again. <3

Well if we go with what is in game in cannon then technically you both are right. Yes the author may have intended it to be interpreted it to be him sabotaging it but it doesn't say specifically one way or another in game. So either view point could be correct in this.

That has always been my take. There are two correct interpretations, but some people insist that only incompetent traitor Quinn is the correct one, and the other is just head canon and the author is wrong.

Does anyone by chance have a screenshot of Neil Pollner's tweets about Quinn?

If anyone would, Feylyndiira likely would, as she was the one that communicated with him through DM's on Twitter. I did as well, but I didn't ask about interpretation, I mostly just complimented him on his work and asked about futures, like a novel or something.

If anyone would, Feylyndiira likely would, as she was the one that communicated with him through DM's on Twitter. I did as well, but I didn't ask about interpretation, I mostly just complimented him on his work and asked about futures, like a novel or something.

Heh....ironic that this is the first time I've visited this thread (and the forums) in ages...and I just stumble on this.

He hee, maybe we made your ears burn ;D Nice to see you again! Hope all has been well. :)

Yup, just staying away from the rampant negativity and stupidity that seems to permeate this place.Hopped on through a link and just decided to see what was going on over here with all my fellow Quinnmancers.:D

Yup, just staying away from the rampant negativity and stupidity that seems to permeate this place.Hopped on through a link and just decided to see what was going on over here with all my fellow Quinnmancers.:D

Can't say I blame you, this place certainly has its moments. I am glad that you dropped by to say hello. Missed seeing you around. :)

Can't say I blame you, this place certainly has its moments. I am glad that you dropped by to say hello. Missed seeing you around. :)

Did you mean the forums in general or our Quinn thread? I find the Quinn thread to be safest from trolls and flame wars - trolls tend to hit and run in here because we rarely rise to their bait. Even many of the copycat love threads are hostile at times. In general, if I see page long posts flaming someone (or some aspect of the game) in a thread I leave and never visit again.

Did you mean the forums in general or our Quinn thread? I find the Quinn thread to be safest from trolls and flame wars - trolls tend to hit and run in here because we rarely rise to their bait. Even many of the copycat love threads are hostile at times. In general, if I see page long posts flaming someone (or some aspect of the game) in a thread I leave and never visit again.

The forums in general, never the Quinn Thread. I love the Quinn thread, it makes me happy :D I get to talk to people I like to talk to about my favorite subject, it doesn't get any better than that. ^^ Sorry for the misunderstanding.:)

The depth of Quinn hate never ceases to amuse me! It's as if some people's worlds will come tumbling down if there is a legitimate, alternate interpretation of Quinn where he is actually a good guy and that we are not a bunch of delusional fangirls (and boys).

I hunted up the quote from Neil for a guy on Reddit. He's pretty sure either I'm lying, Feylindra made it up, or Neil's intentions don't matter because clearly Quinn really tries to kill the warrior. His basis for negating Neil's intentions for duality is Jaesa saying Quinn is confident he will win. He refuses to acknowledge that winning can mean different things depending on your goals. And now he's changed his Reddit flair to say "Quinn sucks... Deal with it." :rolleyes:

Edited by Damask_Rose

The depth of Quinn hate never ceases to amuse me! It's as if some people's worlds will come tumbling down if there is a legitimate, alternate interpretation of Quinn where he is actually a good guy and that we are not a bunch of delusional fangirls (and boys).

I hunted up the quote from Neil for a guy on Reddit. He's pretty sure either I'm lying, Feylindra made it up, or Neil's intentions don't matter because clearly Quinn really tries to kill the warrior. His basis for negating Neil's intentions for duality is Jaesa saying Quinn is confident he will win. He refuses to acknowledge that winning can mean different things depending on your goals. And now he's changed his Reddit flair to say "Quinn sucks... Deal with it." :rolleyes:

He probably heard Quinn's hung like a Houk and in his infantile jealousy he's lashing out.

Well if Quinn was confident he would win why didn't he actually try?

Maybe because it was his way of fighting back against Baras. Doing what he was told, but not putting his heart into it. Even though it meant he would possibly die. Some people will only see what they want. Black or white, when most of the time we live in shades of gray.

As for how well endowed our Major is...that was supposed to be a secret so the other guys around here wouldn't feel inferior. Who blabbed? :p

I got your back. (Posted the screenshot there.)

As for how well endowed our Major is...that was supposed to be a secret so the other guys around here wouldn't feel inferior. Who blabbed? :p

He probably heard Quinn's hung like a Houk and in his infantile jealousy he's lashing out.

As the picture JF once posted for us (now banned) we do indeed know that Quinn is far superior in the male endowment department ;) feylyndiira's Reddit nemesis probably saw that picture and is now trying to epeen his way back by trolling and failing. In fact, it he was probably the person who reported the picture and got it banned.

I got your back. (Posted the screenshot there.)

I'm not seeing it. There might well be more than one similar thread on Reddit.

And thanks for having my back! I love you all! I know I shouldn't try to discuss Quinn with haters, it's like trying to convince Flat Earthers that Earth really is round. :rak_04:

As the picture JF once posted for us (now banned) we do indeed know that Quinn is far superior in the male endowment department ;) feylyndiira's Reddit nemesis probably saw that picture and is now trying to epeen his way back by trolling and failing. In fact, it he was probably the person who reported the picture and got it banned.

Oh good lord that picture...:o *fans self* Is it hot in here?

it's like trying to convince Flat Earthers that Earth really is round. :rak_04:

I thought this was some kind of April fool until I saw their leader was launching himself up a rocket to get proof of flatness. I think he should be the new definition of nutjobery (I made that word up) - man who does not believe in science tries using science to disprove science :rolleyes:

And back to Quinn:

Revisiting his old office (damn that blocked access - be nice if we could go in)

Just standing in old Balmorra looking regal and princely

I'm not seeing it. There might well be more than one similar thread on Reddit.

And thanks for having my back! I love you all! I know I shouldn't try to discuss Quinn with haters, it's like trying to convince Flat Earthers that Earth really is round. :rak_04:

Think Quinn will make an appearance in this flashpoint? Even if it's just a brief encounter on Odessen?

I'm pretty sure we will not see or talk to anyone but Beniko. Well, and Theron, obviously. But any other companion/NPC on Odessen? No.

Think Quinn will make an appearance in this flashpoint? Even if it's just a brief encounter on Odessen?

Obviously we would love that, especially if Quinn is customised to make up for that oversight in Iokath, even a very short appearance with him conveying his support would be consistent with his letter after the "traitor" is revealed. As Lammia says, it's unlikely, given that the dev's seem to think there is more hate than love for Malavai; most companion lines are likely to come from the favoured Lana. I'm guessing Theron will have no more than a couple of lines to say to the player character :( It would be nice to be wrong!